PDA

View Full Version : nazi themed emblems?

JustinJones1988
02-18-2017, 06:02 AM
I can't be the only one who's noticed several nazi themed emblems in matchmaking. Either their SS symbol or the full blown swastica. I hope Ubisoft has a good punishment for this.

Sauronbaine
02-18-2017, 06:10 AM
Ive seen nazi's, anal probing... Lol. People are creative I will give them that.

Tyler-Durdin
02-18-2017, 06:23 AM
The SS symbol are germani / Nordic rune symbols.
The SS emblem is comprised of the rune sig meaning sun.
While the swasticka is an ancient sandscrit symbol that has been used as a decorative element in various cultures since at least the Neolithic Age.
I understand that peeps get upset by seeing such symbolism but you must be aware that perhaps it has nothing at all to do with them being Nazis.

VoadorHolandes
02-18-2017, 06:26 AM
While the swasticka is an ancient sandscrit symbol that has been used as a decorative element in various cultures since at least the Neolithic Age.
I understand that peeps get upset by seeing such symbolism but you must be aware that perhaps it has nothing at all to do with them being Nazis.

Sure, perhaps it has nothing to do with it,,, bull*cough*****

jezpida
02-18-2017, 06:30 AM

lol dude even if its a symbol. that symbol was the main logo of one of greatest massacres in history

The_B0G_
02-18-2017, 06:32 AM
Just report it, its easy, in forza they used to ban from making custom paint jobs if you had something racist, 30 days first offense

Tyler-Durdin
02-18-2017, 06:44 AM
You all seem so sure you know other players
It wasn't a symbol for massacre
It was used by the germans at a time they massacred people yes
Just because they used those symbols doesn't mean they haven't got alternate meanings.
I fail to see how it really affects you in any way really since at the time it was used your father probably wasn't even born.
A teaspoon of cement may help you if you get upset by a symbol.

VinDieseII69
02-18-2017, 06:56 AM
If you are all butthurt because of some symbols, the internet isn't for you kid.

Green___Leader
02-18-2017, 07:03 AM
lol dude even if its a symbol. that symbol was the main logo of one of greatest massacres in history

So are the british and american flags in that case yet pople use them all the time. Shouldn't they be banned as well?

T_Djinn_T
02-18-2017, 07:06 AM
The game is released in Germany where such symbols are not allowed. By which Ubi is REQUIRED to punish or change them.

However, I must side with the rest of the people in this thread. If you're upset over a picture. Then don't go to the internet. Ever. God forbid an art museum YOU KNOW HOW MANY SYMBOLS ARE THERE!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! But in all seriousness. Stop caring. It doesn't affect YOU in any way. It doesn't affect the vast majority of people in ANY way. People just want something to complain about or judge. Stop. Be yourself who you want to be. Be creative or not. If you really want it. I'll give you a salt shaker emblem so you can look at that every time you're feeling "offended"

cavalli0430
02-18-2017, 07:13 AM
Is just a game,There are a lot of similar

Leon026
02-18-2017, 07:37 AM
Guys, breathe, relax.

If you see something offensive, there's a nice "report offensive emblem" option when you inspect the player.

The swastica is "offensive" because they lost the war. To some, screaming "deus vult" is basically the same as "heil hitler" considering the massacres during the Crusades. This is the internet, people will sprout ******** - if you can't accept that, your lifespan will be very short from all that blood pressure each time you search google.

Mid_Evil
02-18-2017, 08:36 AM

Completely agree. Ubisoft will probably do something about the issue due to the fact that people are cry babies and get offended and think their opinion matters more than anyone elses. The swastica was a sign of good fortune for thousands of years before the Nazi party was even created. Kind of like how the warring african tribes had slaves and sold slaves to the dutch and english long before they ever came over to america. Everyone in todays world is too sensitive and get offended over things that have nothing to do with them. Played a 4v4 with a guy named black_caulk the other day. Had a little chuckle. Should other nationalities that are known to be smaller in certain areas shed a tear for seeing such an offensive name? No, they should grow up, put on their big girl panties, and move on. If you dont like it dont look at it. If the mear sight of it is so horrible go cry in the corner for a little bit and come back when you decide you want to have fun.

jezpida
02-18-2017, 08:40 AM
So are the british and american flags in that case yet pople use them all the time. Shouldn't they be banned as well?

explain i would like to own you with history

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 08:50 AM
Well ...

They are either distasteful and dumb, know nothing about recent history (look at Thailand's obsession with that guy) or they simply want to use the symbol to trigger people into meltdown.

I guess there are some real racists among them and anyone with a western background, who wears this symbol willingly, should know what it stands for now. Historical amnesia seems to be infectious

Delectable_Sin
02-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Who gives a crap? It's a video game...

I mean, people are stupid enough to idolize something like that, but so what? If your'e sensitive enough to worry about that stuff you're going to have a tough life.

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 08:57 AM
Is just a game,There are a lot of similar

Yes it is a game. But wearing the nazis symbol is a personal choice and not forced on you by the game.

TaurusWildSpeak
02-18-2017, 09:22 AM
Pretty sure it's kids trying to troll and are not nazi themselves but just want to piss of people. And yes that's sad.

guyverzone
02-18-2017, 09:30 AM
explain i would like to own you with history

Ok here is what the US did after we won our independence
we turned around and stole the land from the natives who lived here for hundred's if not thousand's of years
we killed there woman,children, and elderly while there warriors were out hunting
and lets not forget purposely introducing them to small pox and all sorts of delightful things
oh and of course brain washing there children into beveling that there religious beliefs are wrong and ours is right
ya go ahead and own that your welcome to it.

iHunny
02-18-2017, 09:33 AM

The swasticka and the original has its difference tho. The Nazi swasticka is tilted on the side while the original is not. Having a red field with a white circel and a tilted black swasticka is going to get reported, period.

Tyler-Durdin
02-18-2017, 09:41 AM
And youd be within your right to do so
I was not sticking up for idiots who pait their stuff like Nazi germans was only pointing out the historical symbolism.

Crytsch
02-18-2017, 11:54 AM
lol, you dont have any other interests than playing wannabe-police in online games?

Ubisoft will never be able to hunt these guys down because its way too time (and therefore money) consuming.

and after all, the swastika and SS / SchutzStaffel symbols are only restricted in germany, and even in germany the usage of these symbols in online games is a shady "grey-zone" where noone will EVER be punished for (in terms of law / judgements)

when people dont have anything to worry about they find stuff they can :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 11:59 AM
And austria ... and France ...

I am not sure if it is forbidden in israel but it would certainly count as assisted suicide.

Fordol
02-18-2017, 12:04 PM
Its tasteless, offensive and stupid. I can't find the EULA to check, but I'm fairly certain it will be against the terms of that. People might say its a symbol, get over it or stay of the internet, but that attitude is wrong. The things these symbols stand for should not be tolerated, accepted or encouraged. If you choose to use an emblem like that, the you either don't fully understand the implications of using it, are seeking to get a reaction (which I won't give) or you have some worrying ideology.

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 12:17 PM
Its tasteless, offensive and stupid. I can't find the EULA to check, but I'm fairly certain it will be against the terms of that. People might say its a symbol, get over it or stay of the internet, but that attitude is wrong. The things these symbols stand for should not be tolerated, accepted or encouraged. If you choose to use an emblem like that, the you either don't fully understand the implications of using it, are seeking to get a reaction (which I won't give) or you have some worrying ideology.

Exactly.

Lokeshusse
02-18-2017, 12:19 PM
Jesus, just report and move on. At least now you know that you're playing with/against a ****in idiot. :)

Fordol
02-18-2017, 12:31 PM
For those in any doubt

From Code of Conduct thread:

Any language or content deemed illegal, dangerous, threatening, abusive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, hateful, racist, sexist, ethically offensive or constituting harassment is forbidden. This includes use of the above on the forums, via the in-game chat, or over VOIP.

From How to report bad behaviour thread:

What can I report?

Any offensive comment on the chat or forums, racism, sexism, cheating, offensive emblem, trolling and spamming is worth reporting (again, please check our Code of Conduct). There are 3 categories of ticket you can select when reporting a player using the tools:

Griefing: harassment, offensive comments, bad behaviour, sexism, racism, etc
Cheating: exploiting or not respecting the rules
Emblem: offensive emblem (eg: swastika, racist or sexist design, etc)

The fact that the acceptability of those kind of emblems is up for debate is sickening, really.

Lactose_r3tard
02-18-2017, 12:39 PM
aah cmon this is the gaming community today, i don't really get what you expect when people get full open creativity

and i never really get why people still look back like the swastika is bad.. it is used in many cultures, like the greek, rome
and has many names trough out time...
it was mostly a symbol of honor/respect or even holly.
just because one person used it for his campaign doesn't make it bad.
people just have to look beyond that.. but hey gl hf

Fordol
02-18-2017, 12:43 PM
aah cmon this is the gaming community today, i don't really get what you expect when people get full open creativity

and i never really get why people still look back like the swastika is bad.. it is used in many cultures, like the greek, rome
and has many names trough out time...
it was mostly a symbol of honor/respect or even holly.
just because one person used it for his campaign doesn't make it bad.
people just have to look beyond that.. but hey gl hf

The use of a swastika itself may not be bad, but when it is in an emblem designed to mimic nazi iconography then its a problem.

nirubu
02-18-2017, 12:52 PM
For those in any doubt

From Code of Conduct thread:

From How to report bad behaviour thread:

The fact that the acceptability of those kind of emblems is up for debate is sickening, really.

The fact that you consider debate sickening is sickening

Godsplitter1991
02-18-2017, 12:52 PM
Never seen a swastika, but i did play against a guy in brawl who had a the SS storm trooper logo. Guy was a ledge troll too who liked to cheese wins. I didn't report him BUT i did whoop his *** all over the place repeatedly until he rage quit. Good enough for me.

Fordol
02-18-2017, 12:57 PM
The fact that you consider debate sickening is sickening

If you're defending nazis you're on the wrong side of the argument, mate. Debate is fine in some situations. There should no debate that what the Nazis did was abhorrent and unacceptable. Anyone with a shred on human decency should see that.

Fordol
02-18-2017, 01:19 PM
if you are offended by pictures on the internet, you are in the wrong place.

I'm going to go ahead and refer you to my first post in this thread.

r0u9hneck
02-18-2017, 01:35 PM
I'm going to go ahead and refer you to my first post in this thread.

You're wasting your breath there, mate. It's not even like that anyone cares who is defending those symbols. It's just the fact that there are some snowflakes out there who plainly need to be against the stream. There will always be people who feel the urge to take the opposite position. Even if it's just about annoying someone to feel better themselves. Especially on the internet. Yet they have never spent a single thought on a topic like this.

All this arguing is just unnecessary. Ubisoft has to take action against something like the swastika or any nazi-related symbols, because they are banned in a lot of countries.
It doesn't matter what the meaning of any symbol once was, because it just matters the most what the majority of people relate them to. If you say it's just a Swastika, most people will say it's the nazi-symbol.

JayyRupp
02-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Just don't look at them...

nirubu
02-18-2017, 02:08 PM
Debate is fine in some situations.

this is very sickening, you behave like a feminist. Debate is always fine

Fordol
02-18-2017, 02:13 PM
this is very sickening, you behave like a feminist. Debate is always fine

I didn't think we still needed to debate if the nazis were wrong. I'm pretty sure that argument has been had a million times and the answer is always "of course". Or did we go to war because they were just too darn nice?

nirubu
02-18-2017, 03:12 PM
I didn't think we still needed to debate if the nazis were wrong. I'm pretty sure that argument has been had a million times and the answer is always "of course". Or did we go to war because they were just too darn nice?

You need to speak for yourself. I didnt go to war with anyone and I dont need the debate, maybe someone does, if people want to debate let them. They have every right to come to the conclusion that the nazis were right, dont try to play thought police.

Ubi-Gaidheal
02-18-2017, 03:22 PM
Hi everyone,

Nazi iconography like swastikas and SS symbols are definitely considered inappropriate in For Honor. As explained by a lot of people in the thread, you can easily report such emblems in-game. The emblem will be removed and the user warned. Multiple offenses will result in a ban.

You can find more information in our Code of Conduct (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571524-Code-of-Conduct) and How to report bad behaviour (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571526-How-to-report-bad-behaviour) threads.

Thanks,

/Gaid