PDA

View Full Version : Guard Break Easier? Are you kidding me?

ipm204
02-18-2017, 02:27 AM
Ok wait, what is being changed exactly?

Is it the guard break that is being changed? or is it the counter-guard break?

Currently it's the window to counter the guard break that is small, and really difficult to do.

Anybody can do a guard break, but it takes real skill to counter it. If anything should be easier, it should be the counter, especially with all the ganging up players do online. Guard is one of the main things that makes a difference in a handicap fight, so why give Double teamers or triple teamers another advantage?

DDSDevilDog
02-18-2017, 02:30 AM
It is the guard break counter being changed.

Gojema
02-18-2017, 02:34 AM
Right now when 2 people press the guard break button at the same time then one will "win" and gets an uncounterable guard break. This will change (probably to the way, that they cancel each other out).

They didn't say anything about the normal counter guard break time window.

teksuo1
02-18-2017, 02:39 AM
regardless of the window timing,
-if you miss a guardbreak (miss the opponent by a few inches) and then the opponent gardbreaks you, you cannot counter-guardbreak at all.
-if you get caught by a guardbreak while or right after dodging, you can't counter-guardbreak also

are those behaviors working as intended? that's what i'm curious about.

GreenRanger XI
02-18-2017, 02:45 AM
Real skill to counter... LOL It doesn't take any skill to counter a guard break. It takes a little bit of concentration and a guy to guard break you that wasn't from a parry. Most guard breaks that are happen are when it's impossible to counter it.

Sk0rpi0nMK73
02-18-2017, 02:46 AM
The counter guard break is broken and people know this, all people do is spam guard break then hit guard break then hit guard break then hit guard break then hit, spamming the same **** over and over again if that's all you people can do do then **** for honor

ipm204
02-18-2017, 03:02 AM
The counter guard break is broken and people know this, all people do is spam guard break then hit guard break then hit guard break then hit guard break then hit, spamming the same **** over and over again if that's all you people can do do then **** for honor
This is why countering the guard break needs a larger window. These spammers will continue to abuse this mechanic until something is done to fix it, they will continue to use this cheap tactic because they get a win from it. (as cheap as the victory is, it's still a win.)

SphericalChip53
02-18-2017, 03:04 AM
Real skill to counter... LOL It doesn't take any skill to counter a guard break. It takes a little bit of concentration and a guy to guard break you that wasn't from a parry. Most guard breaks that are happen are when it's impossible to counter it.

Also especially concerned about the dodge thing... GB shouldn't even be hitting in the first place if you're dodging... And idk if I'm the only one but it feels like some characters, like Shugoki, will track your backwards dodge with their GB and still hit, making them move five feet forward in the middle of a GB animation.

ipm204
02-18-2017, 04:00 AM
GB shouldn't even be hitting in the first place if you're dodging.
I have to disagree with this. When I play as a slow character like the warlord, and I'm fighting a speedster who easily dodges any direction to avoid the heavy characters slow attacks, the only way to counter "spam-dodging" is to grab ahold of the runt. So I vote NO. If you don't want to get grabbed, use the counter-GB.

ipm204
02-18-2017, 04:11 AM
Ok champ, your the best. I was referring to being handicapped solo against 3-4 enemies who are hacking and slashing and breaking your guard to continue hacking and slashing. Try concentrate on countering 2 to 4 simultaneous guard breaks at once. I'm sure you can do it since as you say, it takes no skill.