PDA

View Full Version : Should I (and all the others, who ask the same question) buy the game?

l3OoOM
02-18-2017, 01:43 AM
Hello everyone.

Haven't bought the game yet, played the open beta, really enjoyed it.
But, as I check this forum daily, watching streams and gameplay videos on the internet, it haven't convinced me to buy the game, no matter how much fun I had in the beta.
Way too much bugs, imbalance, connection issues, lack of content, cheaters... (pretty bad things) I have noticed. In the alpha and in the betas it was okay to have all, except cheaters.
Since it was testing.

Yea yea, there is fun as well.

After all mentioned and all that wasn't (anything that will come up in your minds that covers the question), please let me and the others know, give us the answer.
The best would be a more detailed answer. Not just a "yes" or a "no".
Helpful advice needed.

Please.

This question still stands with update: v1.05 / 1.05.1 ON

FUEGONOMICS
02-18-2017, 01:48 AM
if you played the beta, and it worked fine for you, then its a tossup as to whether you will feel like the full game is a bait and switch scam or it will function more or less properly.

i wouldnt buy a hard copy anywhere that wont let you return an open game

Johnnybeck.
02-18-2017, 01:51 AM
Yes. Is not perfect, but is a lot of fun. The story mod on realistic is very fun to play and have a great story behind it. The pvp has its problems with p2p, but the errors seems to be less common. I already have 30h of game play, and I am enjoying the game :)

Astranger.
02-18-2017, 02:18 AM
I enjoyed it in open beta aswell and i bought it, now i wish i didn't. Aside from the p2p (i myself am experiencing quite a bit of rollback*) the game has micro transactions for a 60 euro triple a title this is unacceptable by my standards. Not only does the game crash alot on my pc(might be my pc but i highly doubt it) but the balancing of classes is far from perfect.

* Rollback is when you hit a player and on your screen at first it shows as a hit but then it rolls back and the other player actually blocked it , same goes for hits when someone seemingly out of range slides towards you and hits you anyway(after you saw the attack clearly mis on your screen). And yes i have nat green and have no connection problems and play the game at a steady 60 fps.

l3OoOM
02-18-2017, 01:00 PM
Thank you very much for the detailed answers.

I really liked them, will think about it. By far my decision seems to be waiting. Let them fill the holes... If the system continues to be as it is now (skill based, gear vs same gear stat matchups), there won't be any significant disadvantages for anyone who starts to play the game few weeks or even months after the release.

Keep the comments/advices coming.
Those are more than welcome.

Lufury
02-18-2017, 01:04 PM
if you played the beta, and it worked fine for you, then its a tossup as to whether you will feel like the full game is a bait and switch scam or it will function more or less properly.

i wouldnt buy a hard copy anywhere that wont let you return an open game

do us a favor and leave then. thank you

game is awesome guys. 70 hours gametime and they are gonna change some stuff back like it was in Beta.

Erekosee
02-18-2017, 01:05 PM
Sincerely don't buy it. The connectivity issue is just cancer, there is no game that you don't get some sort of problem. People are incredibly toxic as well and there is no way to report abusing or hackers.
Matchmaking it is broken, you will see plenty of fight when there are 6 players being 4v2+2 bot which you could have damn do it 3v3. Or I even saw plenty of 4v1+3bot. It is ridicolous. Level 1 vs level 20. It is just stupid.

Don't buy it. It was a mistake to pre-order early and than don't cancel after I discovered was p2p. I gave it the possibility of doubt but now I am just a bitter customer. They don't even contact you when you ask for refund on customer support.

Lufury
02-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Sincerely don't buy it. The connectivity issue is just cancer, there is no game that you don't get some sort of problem. People are incredibly toxic as well and there is no way to report abusing or hackers.
Matchmaking it is broken, you will see plenty of fight when there are 6 players being 4v2+2 bot which you could have damn do it 3v3. Or I even saw plenty of 4v1+3bot. It is ridicolous. Level 1 vs level 20. It is just stupid.

Don't buy it. It was a mistake to pre-order early and than don't cancel after I discovered was p2p. I gave it the possibility of doubt but now I am just a bitter customer. They don't even contact you when you ask for refund on customer support.

DUDE THIS IS A LIE LOL:D the game is running SO GOOD mostlikely its always 4v4 problems beacuse of 8 man ingame, try the duel mode u WONT have any issues there man and btw the 4v4 game mode is just for fun / leveling fighting they cant do anything against players that are going to 4v1 you. if that happens, there are 3 objective not only 1.

And btw a Matchmaking that is like ok you are prestige 3 so i give u a prestige 2+ enemy how stupid would that be? EVERYONE can level up by beeing afk against bots.

I Remember other games were unplayable at the Release and Servers were down for HOURS. Same to Rainbow Six btw, Crashes Error weeks long. Awesomegame needs alot of work but alot of potential.

Erekosee
02-18-2017, 01:25 PM
It's not a lie. It is my experience. I have a fiber connection and cannot believe that I couldn't even add my friends, who knows why (p2p). We had to restart the game serval time to try to get together.

Than people that you where in a team with, when you are in a group of 3, you cannot invite because they cannot enter. There is not even a spectating mode.
I bugged out so much that some time when I entered a game, my character didn't even spawn. So people where fighting 3v4.
Another time, the game just got sutck on matchmaking for a good 10 min. I had alt+f4.
Another time, the game was constantly syncronisying and it was another 10 minutes of wait.

On 1v1 people that get killed where disconnecting so that they couldn't register a loss. Than you have to fight a bot at full health when you where probably chipped some by the previous fight.
I found that not fun because
1) I am not here to play vs a bot
2) The guy that left didn't get any punishment, actually it reward him
3) I am wasting time vs a matchmake that obviously wasn't right

Overwatch didn't and still don't have this kind of problem. And you have 6v6. Chivalry you don't get this kind of problem and you have BIG FIGHTS with a lot of people.

So it is p2p system that's completely crap.

I am super disappointed by the whole issue and mechanic of multiplayer of the game. The basic core of the game is good, but the dynamics all around make it impossible for me to enjoy it.

Lokeshusse
02-18-2017, 01:32 PM
If you had fun in the beta i don't really understand why you even ponder over buying it. I had a blast in all of the betas and even more so now on live. Sure there's some DC's and yea, sometimes people get butthurt and leave so you get a bot instead, but overall i would give the game a 9 out of 10. I'm actually getting back some respect for Ubi thanks to this game. And that should say a lot. :)

xxJoKeRzWiLdx
02-18-2017, 03:31 PM
I believe myself to be a good player, positive KD, win most of my duels and play all characters. Even when I'm winning the game has major problems with function. Granted most of the time my connection is good but it's does have connection error or just errors in general. You're going to run into these errors while playing especially if your internet is not so great.

The game play is so broke. Like I said I believe myself to be fairly good and even when I'm the one kicking balls I'm like wow I shouldn't have pulled that off. Characters are just unbalanced and the moves are just blah. You will be getting thrown off maps a lot, ganged up on and just all around frustrated.

You can learn a character through AI but once you get into pvp it's a different ball game not saying you won't win but like I also said when you win it's still an iffy game. Once you get past the beginning game play and really break the game down it's just blocking and partying, who can get that lucky guardbreak.

I don't see most life in this game. If most people disagree or say there are cry babies it's because they're trying to defend their purchase of a **** game or their mommy got their game.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

Erekosee
02-18-2017, 03:51 PM
If you had fun in the beta i don't really understand why you even ponder over buying it. I had a blast in all of the betas and even more so now on live. Sure there's some DC's and yea, sometimes people get butthurt and leave so you get a bot instead, but overall i would give the game a 9 out of 10. I'm actually getting back some respect for Ubi thanks to this game. And that should say a lot. :)

Well I am happy for you. But I sincerely would never give it 9 out of 10 on the current situation of the game.

Personally it just frustrated me so much. Ok the beef that I have it is mostly because of Bad connection. I have optic fiber connection and still I get networking issues and synchronising issues.
I am based in Europe, and matchmaking is skewed. I cannot imagine people that are in isolated areas how to deal with it (and I saw various post of people in Australia and India that have issues with the game).

The only thing that works is 1v1, but you have even bad player behaviour and the software doesn't do anything or there is nothing to work around those issues. For leavers, for abusive chat, for insulting emblem, for hackers. And I am not even considering the fact that some char, are bad balanced and GB and chars have changed too much trough the various tech release and doesn't even feel close to have a balanced game (and it is been released!!!)

I see Overwatch and there is a nice system a well oiled machine that is 5 times better of what Ubisoft has done with this.
I see Chivalry and getting overwhelmed by many players, respect to For honor doesn't feel bad as it is in here. Plus no connection issues with tons of player doing the game, and it is even more fun.

I sincerely thought that the game would have been a better version of Chivalry, and instead I find myself with something hybrid that it is more closer to Street Fighter, but hasn't got the same balance and care.

Fine it will take time to be tuned everything. Well I want my money back because I personally don't believe that they will get there, and for the price of the product this should have been an AAA game, but it isn't. It feel very mediocre in some aspects.

There is no transparency as company about how to tackle all those issues, there is so many problems that I don't know how they gonna solve all those when the basic structure of P2P netwroking it is one of the main problems.

So yes, it is a super frustrating experience to play this game. Worst of all, it is impossible for me to even connect with my friend because it doesn't let me group up even out of the game. Which is ridiculous.

RonaldMiller1986
02-18-2017, 04:47 PM
No don't buy it..

Game is to small

I bought gold and since spent about 100 in micro transaction. But the games are so short only 4v4 you'll barely unlock feat 3 before each ends.. it's so repetitive too all you're doing is watching arrows to counter how fun is that all day I mean really is boring as hell at this point..

PotatoLord47
02-18-2017, 05:07 PM
For me game is just fine. I enjoy it a lot and dont have connection or cheating problems so far. I would recommend it to anyone who is into that kind of games :)
And ye, forum is full of mad kids crying about balance or how bad the game is. Dont bother it.

MeetYaMaster
02-18-2017, 05:30 PM
Plenty of error messages to deal with that will ruin games. I recommend holding off until they patch it. Thing is it's a UBI game so who knows if they are even capable of fixing all the errors that boot you to the main menu.

kenjispartan
02-18-2017, 06:03 PM
So, I have to say...this game is AMAZING! And also....completely broken right now. The P2P system, and the questions it raises about Ubisoft's sanity aside, completely ruins the game. Not only will you lose to host 4 out of every 5 times, but the host picked often has the internet connection of someone living in 1997. It's as baffling as it is incredibly frustrating. On top of this, your matches disconnect half of the time in most modes due to the host leaving...with ZERO penalties to the leaver (No loss counted, no win counted for the staying team). And as far as I can tell, the entire match that is disconnected doesn't count. That means, all the progress you earned (Stats, progress in your orders, ect) are nullified for that match. For example, I had an order to take zones. So I spent most of my time running around, instead of fighting. (ie. not having much fun). The match ended in a disconnect due to a butthurt loser just a few points before our team won. That was frustrating...but when I checked the progress of my 15+ capture order...it was back at zero. So that entire match was pointless.

And don't get my started on duels. Especially 1v1's. Lately (maybe due to people realizing they can avoid a loss) nine out of every ten matches you are winning end in a disconnect when the other guy has host. Only about 10% of the time does the game switch your opponent to a bot...but even then, the bot gets full health...so broken again.

All in all, the game is crazy good....and a COMPLETE failure entirely due to the ******* decision by Ubisoft to go with P2P.

Unless they change the servers to dedicated, avoid this game. It's like the worst blue balls simulator in the world.

GenLiu
02-18-2017, 08:18 PM
For me personaly, yes! The game is a lot of fun, Deathmatch is the only mode that's very questionable (at least for me personally, basically a Dominion without the strategic aspect...I don't quiet understand the point but whatever) every other mode are just super fun. With Dominion and 1v1 being the top of the best.

The game does have a few problem in PVP when you sometimes get disconnected here and there but nothing major, at least imo.

The game tend to be very addictive as well. :D

On 1v1 people that get killed where disconnecting so that they couldn't register a loss. Than you have to fight a bot at full health when you where probably chipped some by the previous fight.

It's very uncommon though, happened maybe twice to me (out of....a million duels?).
It's also extremely dumb from your opponent because he loses every rewards in term of steel/loot/experience just to keep a win ratio clean that nobody on earth will see nor care about.
It's also very stupid since they can just play against the AI to rise that number if they really wish to.....and they still get the reward previously detailed so, I'm afraid you've been very unlucky and got to fight against a bunch of idiots.

I do understand your frustration about the servers issues though. For me personally it's not a huge deal but I have to admit, it's annoying and definitely something Ubi has to work on. Especially since it's not the first game they made that have this kind of problem.

I_am_a_robot
02-18-2017, 08:25 PM
i would say wait for patches and price to drop. i love the game dont get me wrong but theres too much things to improve upon. the most frustrating and annoying for me being that im too quick on the counterbreak bcuz of reflexes and the fact that i have a scuf controller. so basically im [enalized because im too quick and everybody spam the guardbreak and only want to push you off of ledges and never want to fight mano a mano. i dont even run when im 2v1 and 3v1 if i know someone is coming to help soon soonish. but even when im outnumbered, ppl are throwing me down because u have 2 guardbreak spammers at the same time. very frustrating

Hackfraysn
02-18-2017, 08:36 PM
Hello everyone.

Haven't bought the game yet, played the open beta, really enjoyed it.
But, as I check this forum daily, watching streams and gameplay videos on the internet, it haven't convinced me to buy the game, no matter how much fun I had in the beta.
Way too much bugs, imbalance, connection issues, lack of content, cheaters... (pretty bad things) I have noticed. In the alpha and in the betas it was okay to have all, except cheaters.
Since it was testing.

Yea yea, there is fun as well.

After all mentioned and all that wasn't (anything that will come up in your minds that covers the question), please let me and the others know, give us the answer.
The best would be a more detailed answer. Not just a "yes" or a "no".
Helpful advice needed.

Please.

I was mega-hyped for this game. I loved it! It was hands down the mostpromising title this year in my book. Played both closed and open beta and now that the game is live I'm just utterly disappointed. I'm just shocked and can't grasp how they managed to fail this big.

Controls feel incredibly unresponsive compared to both betas. Some blocks just don't register and you get damage even though you blocked. All in all controls feel like you're playing in mud or under water, which is gamebreaking. Guard break also never seems to work. I don't even bother anymore because it feels like a gamble.

P2P turned out to be exactly what all the naysayers claimed it'll be. It's horrible. People warping around, mostly when playing assassins, some hits register on your end but apparently don't on your enemy's end, so they magically block and take no damage, despite the wound animation, thanks to the miraculous powers of Captain Hindsight. Assassins can quickattack spam you to death because thanks to p2p the indicators sometimes don't even show up on your end.

Game is crashing frequently, Uplay is by far the worst client out of all the pathetic Steam clones, matchmaking is an utter failure that literally pits fresh players against prestige 2 and 3+ in their first matches over and over again until they get bored of getting run over by the rape train with no end in sight. All my not-so-experienced players already threw the towel because the opponents were just insanely good demigods, who wrecked everything and everyone in sight whilst being almost untouchable. Nobody wants to deal with that in their first games and seeing how it doesn't really get better, I can't blame them for not wanting to stick around or go practise for 10 hours straight so they can have at least a chance against some mediocre prestige player.

All in all, a massive letdown compared to the beta. Content's also lacking and the campaign is hilariously bland. Prior to launch, I would have recommended you the game without a single doubt. Now I can't do the same. This game shouldn't have been released in this state, imho. It also needs dedicated servers, or it will become a ghost town within a month.

Sad. I really thought Ubisoft got this one in the bag this time around. Honestly, wait for a sale. I'm serious. Maybe by then they'll have their issues fixed.

l3OoOM
02-19-2017, 02:56 PM
Thank you for your time and advices.

and I hope this threads helps everyone who reads all the comments.

Needless to say, it's not closed or outdated. You can still continue this thread, if you want.

VTheMan032
02-19-2017, 03:16 PM
As of right now the game feels quite different to the beta, the GB's are getting reverted and it was a huge part of what a lot of people are complaining about, and a major factor of the push and shove that
a lot of ppl have a problem with.

The game meta as of right now is super defensive, "Never attack first" Duels and Brawls still mostly play out in the way they have, the only issue being the shield spam of conq and warlord's heatbut that need to be toned down a bit.

Dominion is a different beast entirely. there are 3 major issues 1.Being the community that doesn't quite understand that they need to PTFO, and treat dominion like a TDM. 2.The map design for a lot of maps allow classes like the conqueror/lawbringer/shungoki/warlord to completely dominate by using pits/ spikes ect to push people in to these from very far away and often from blind angles. 3. Higher level gear gets pretty BS, I'm in blue gear and I've 1Shot PK"s and assassins by getting Revenge up(I main a warlord).

There are issues that need to be addressed you are often put into loosing matches 700 points down in dominion, BOT's often replace people in other game modes and the networking issues can be frustrating. Honestly I would hold off on the buy since ubisoft announced that they are fixing some issues. But if you can get past this the game is at it's core the same game you played in the BETA, just with a few additional problems added on.

Jarhead_DNK
02-19-2017, 04:12 PM
I honestly can't recommend it. Tripple A game with in game shop. Toxic community, spamming Orochi's everywhere, and people will stand right next to you while you're fighting an enemy, and wait just until you get him down enough so they can one-shot. Perfect example of another hyped game, that people force themselves to enjoy and defend because they paid money for it. Save your money. It's in no way worth full price.

Aidie2005
02-19-2017, 04:40 PM
Game has its fair share of problems atm. I will list the pros and cons so anyone still on the fence can deicide.

Pros:

Customisation is Decent

War of factions is a neat little meta that change map looks

A decent amount of freedom on making a gear build for your characters.

Fun to play with friends (obviously not for people who are using the uplay client as ive heard its really tedious to invite friends)

Story Mode is somewhat decent

1v1, 2v2, elimination and skirmish game modes are fairly fun.

CONS

Peer to peer connection (Dont understand why ubi didnt just use dedicated servers, i know its expensive but we are talking about a company who makes alot of money) which causes alot of disconnects, before anyone blames my internet, i have fast internet.

Guard Break spam, even the bots do it. You can guard break counter but its super awkward due to timing issues and peer to peer connection. Apperantly the guard break is being rectified though.

4v4 (dominion) is an absolute gank fest, it will definitely frustrate the hell out of you

Alot of balancing issues that need sorting ASAP

Steel amounts for matches are too small

Broken match making where level 5s are going against rep 1+s.

Last but not least, full game Controls compared to the betas feel really unresponsive.

If you want my suggestion though, wait till ubi sorts the game out first.

Gnarxly
02-19-2017, 04:44 PM
People cry about this and that and sure the game isn't perfect, But am I having fun? Hell yeah.

Dr_Leech
02-19-2017, 05:04 PM
NO...too often the game shows you the error message and then back to main menu

Drekle
02-19-2017, 05:14 PM
I would wait to see how responsive Ubi is to fixing their issues.

Shoshone Vulpes
02-19-2017, 06:37 PM
Do not buy anything but the standard edition as you will most likely not get any of the deluxe edition, gold or season pass items, do not buy if your NAT is strict or if you have a bad internet connection do to the dependency on P2P connections for game matches.

A good game but those problems make it a major pain.

l3OoOM
02-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the latest ones.

Ubisoft should collect from this thread.
There are some honest opinions. Some facts in those friendly comments. No greedy advertisements. Be the customer and the gamer with the same question, Ubisoft.

l3OoOM
02-24-2017, 08:22 PM
https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-ubisoft-please-add-dedicated-servers

l3OoOM
04-11-2017, 08:43 AM
This question still stands with update: v1.05 / 1.05.1 ON

Haplo_Bane
04-11-2017, 10:02 AM
NO

guffffff
04-11-2017, 10:57 AM
Yes

cragar212
04-11-2017, 11:22 AM
I've gotten my moneys worth over 200+ Hrs.