PDA

View Full Version : Broken hurricane

BlindBraille
02-18-2017, 01:27 AM
I know there are a slew of other problems but has anyone heard as to whether or not they have plans to fix these types of attacks? An "unblockable" attack that can be interrupted by a light attack and some of the quicker heavy attacks it's literally hit or miss against AI and all but useless in PvP.

The move in question, Orochi's hurricane blast can be seen here, failing. Doesn't matter if you hold RT or just tap it, still gets interrupted and since it's a counter it's not like you can stun your opponent beforehand.

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gameclip/4dbd8e7b-8034-4a1a-a5dd-8e8f779b243d?gamertag=BlindBraille&scid=82530100-7e3b-47f7-bc46-705c47696243

KnifeInUrNeck
02-18-2017, 01:46 AM
There's a hidden way to make it strike faster but do less damage. It's not on the move list so it may be a glitch. I'll let you figure out like me as it's the joy of mastery. Go for the light attack anyway as it chains into a combo. All unblockable a are interruptible and all uninterruptible a are block able. Otherwise it'd be a broken attack

BlindBraille
02-18-2017, 02:21 AM
I just don't use it because, you're right, the rush is safer and it chains. However a lot of people don't know that the hurricane blast can be canceled just like a heavy attack, so it's useful to psyche out your opponent and when they go in for the light attack, parry that and get some free hits. I just really enjoy this moves animation and hate that some characters have truly unblockable moves;like the shugoki, who gets a period of invincibility before his attack. You can dodge it, but you can not block it.

The hurricane blast is difficult to pull of compared to a normal block or parry but rendered useless via light attack, and a useless move for a character that, while versatile, has a limited move set to begin with.

KnifeInUrNeck
02-18-2017, 02:35 AM
Shoguki is the only character that can do an unblockable while uninteruptible but anyone who doesn't parry that glacier deserves to get their head crushed.

BlindBraille
02-18-2017, 06:43 AM
Yeah ill agree to that lol.

BlindBraille
02-18-2017, 06:45 AM
There's a hidden way to make it strike faster but do less damage. It's not on the move list so it may be a glitch. I'll let you figure out like me as it's the joy of mastery.

Hidden way to make it faster? You mean the wind gust? That's the exact same move dude except less damage. I think you're confused on his moveset. The hurricane is stronger and slower and while it may seem like a good idea to copy and paste the EXACT same move only add a few frames to the animation while slightly increasing the damage output the fact is they broke it. It just seems like a cop out for his power move and for people like me who love orochi and are actually decent with him there seems like a better way to implement his power move than to copy it and make it useless. Just my opinion, but orochi is still a great character despite this drawback.