PDA

View Full Version : Short simple reasons to not buy For Honor

Balla-Shotcallaa
02-18-2017, 01:15 AM
1. p2p in a game where every tiny split second matters
2. Guard break adds a complete random aspect to a game designed to be around skill. If you both press GB at same time it's a luck of the draw and can often time decide the fight. Hello GB spammers.
3. Due to P2P, I'd say at least 95% of players can't counter a GB. Again, hello GB spammers.
4. 4v4 game modes aren't about skill or better players, it's about finding the cheapest way to take out your opponents.
5. Ubisost gave the impression in the beta that there would be some sort of decent gear system, when in reality there's 3 different pieces of armor that are extremely basic.
6. Plenty other reasons.

Don't buy this game guys, if you want a good SKILL BASED medieval game, get mount and blade wardband with cRPG. It's not based around random factors to get kills. Ubisoft knew this would be an easy game to sell that wouldn't last long. If you weren't tricked by the beta, AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Amnilarch
02-18-2017, 01:21 AM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/4280237.jpg

Gemini-Iceland
02-18-2017, 01:23 AM
You do know they picked p2p to make the game more fair because they agreed with you on the tiny split second thing. They know guard break is bugged and said they are fixing it. But yeah farewell.

Lufury
02-18-2017, 01:25 AM
maybe stop doing those threads its kinda annoying. I have great fun playing the game (65 hours since release) yes the guardbreak sucks right now but they allready announced they are changing it so pls bro.

btw GB Spamming is the wrong technique and will end up failing it. You doing it probably TOO FAST. you have to press it when the they touch you.

4. 4v4 game modes aren't about skill or better players, it's about finding the cheapest way to take out your opponents.

- pretty sure 4v4 game mode WONT be the ranked mode or the main ranked mode. And definitely never Esport! NEVER

6. Plenty other reasons.
- sounds completely randomly and madness.

gl finding other games bro ;)

MangoUnclaimed
02-18-2017, 01:26 AM
1. p2p in a game where every tiny split second matters
2. Guard break adds a complete random aspect to a game designed to be around skill. If you both press GB at same time it's a luck of the draw and can often time decide the fight. Hello GB spammers.
3. Due to P2P, I'd say at least 95% of players can't counter a GB. Again, hello GB spammers.
5. Ubisost gave the impression in the beta that there would be some sort of decent gear system, when in reality there's 3 different pieces of armor that are extremely basic.
6. Plenty other reasons.

1. Yes, I agree.
2 and 3. Fixed in upcoming patch.
4. Agreed, but not really where the competitive side of the game lies. One can argue that teamplay is all about grouping up and efficiently killing enemies. I will admit I don't enjoy it, though.
5. There's more gear available after Rep.3, when the purple (legendary) stuff starts to drop and generally offers more visual effects and stats than the blue stuff.
6. Very succinctly put, totally able to counter that one...

In short, the game has problems (after the patch, mostly with class balance IMO) but you overstate them a lot; two of them are already going to be fixed, under a week after release. But whatever, go wild with your complaints.

Gojema
02-18-2017, 01:29 AM
1. doesn't change anything compared to a dedicated server (there is no 0 ping host according to ubisoft)
2. they already announced that they will change that in the next patch
3. again doesn't change anything. Dedicated servers also have different pings depending on with whom you play.
4. not sure what you mean. 4vs4 has its problems (especially the p2p network system). Ganking, revenge, powerups, environmental damange are part of this mode. Get used to it
5. you are right about that one. Gear is pretty unimportant. The whole level and reward system is just a RPGfication. There are no real RPG elements in the game. It is a pure fighting game
6. ok