PDA

View Full Version : There is no honor in "for honor"

SACCULAR1US
02-17-2017, 11:49 PM
It's really unfair and i think will also help to improve some teamworking skills for dumb players
please distribute points for killing enemy by damage delt not by final blows it's really unfair since you fight all the fight and at the last moment some guy shows up and you get assist wtf?

and specially in dominion mode theese guys don't care about bases, teammates, all they want is more kills so even when you execute someone they keep swinging blades towards your prey no matter how much more of other enemies are around )))
game is called for honor where is honor when four dumb guys get you cornered and swing with R1 not to miss last blow come on ...

King-Odin69
02-17-2017, 11:55 PM
It's really unfair and i think will also help to improve some teamworking skills for dumb players
please distribute points for killing enemy by damage delt not by final blows it's really unfair since you fight all the fight and at the last moment some guy shows up and you get assist wtf?

and specially in dominion mode theese guys don't care about bases, teammates, all they want is more kills so even when you execute someone they keep swinging blades towards your prey no matter how much more of other enemies are around )))
game is called for honor where is honor when four dumb guys get you cornered and swing with R1 not to miss last blow come on ...

That's because we are fighting for honor .. not with honor

Brave_Thunder
02-18-2017, 12:10 AM
The game does actually a great job explaining this situation:I remember some trailers that talked about the thin line of honor,hard to follow and easy to get lost. As you said,there is no honor in the game.People have now the meme "It's for honor,not with honor".100% true in real life,not in the game.If you care about how you get the victory rather than the simple vicory itself,you have to be very patient and maybe play more 1v1/2v2,where there are more honorable opponents.

Vhoxs
02-18-2017, 12:15 AM
I don't mind the "dumb" players taking a kill.
What i do mind is those players who refuse to resurrect you in elimination modes, Even if you ping your position. I've seen guys run right past my body trying to find a enemy on the other side of the map.

ZakuBeta
02-18-2017, 03:58 AM
If you do not fight with honor, you will never achieve the honor you are fighting for.

The_B0G_
02-18-2017, 04:14 AM
I thought you do still get the takedown when you have most of the damage on a player, it says assist but on the scoreboard it says takedown, I could be wrong though.

I do hate when you are owning someone and someone comes to help you and gives them their revenge meter though, I've been killed quite a few times like that.

Mid_Evil
02-18-2017, 04:30 AM

Who cares if they get the final blow you still get credit as a takedown. Go resurrect a teammate it will give you more points than a kill and you don't see people running to try to get those. I shouldn't say more, I don't know that as a fact. But it seems to get you feat points faster.

Syllogy
02-18-2017, 04:32 AM

You aren't REWARDED for your performance. You can have 20 kills in one game, and 1 in the next, and still get the same amount of experience and steel at the end of the match.

Brave_Thunder
02-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Yea...it also stated "Honor? What do you know about honor. You who has never faced true fear. Learn what honor is before pretending you are the warrior." And that sentence is for whole Honoruable police. Learn what honor is. Cause now you are playing warriors only, pretending is all you got" :D

So...pushing people out of ledges/ganking in 4v4 can be definited as honorable because no one truly knows what is honor?Maybe someone can think so,since it helps your team to win.But usually honor is all about how you get the victory,not the victory itself.At least that's my definition.If I'm getting ganked,my definition becomes "Run till you piss off those cowards".Change is the spice of life,right?

Nandomps123
02-18-2017, 02:41 PM
Go read " The Left Hand of Gof" and you see real tacticts that is use in that time, like poisoning water, set traps with fire etc. In war everything is valid, you only want victory. Thats it

ZakuBeta
02-18-2017, 03:14 PM
Rubbish.
You are honoured when as a Viking you return from war with the heads of 10 dead Knights in your bag. No one cares how you got them.
Again it is FOR.
Not WITH.

Stabbing an opponent in the back was considered cowardly by Vikings, and would result in the warrior being branded as such, and could result in him being ousted from the community. Making the warrior you "saved" look weak was an affront to that warrior, and could lead to a duel when they got home, due to the affront of making them look weak. Cowards were not rewarded, and disgracing another by your actions was disrespectful, and often fatal.

Don't fall for the churches version of history, go actually learn about the culture. The demonizing of the Vikings was a PR thing for the medieval church.

Brave_Thunder
02-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Go read " The Left Hand of Gof" and you see real tacticts that is use in that time, like poisoning water, set traps with fire etc. In war everything is valid, you only want victory. Thats it

That's right.But this is a game,not a real war.Playng to win and playng to get better are two different things.

ZakuBeta
02-18-2017, 03:21 PM
You forget that the people that supported the warriors were considered little more than property. They were smart animals, they served a purpose but were not accorded the same respect as a Knight/Samurai. Vikings were a bit different, but did have an honor code, and that only really applied to them, but doing cowardly things on the battlefield and disrespecting their own warriors was bad, and stealing their kills was a form of disrespect to them, and killing opponents with poison, or backstabbing them was a disgraceful action, that could lead to duels with friends and being kicked out of the community.

ZakuBeta
02-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Look at hw royalty/knights treated people in the stories of the time. They were beneath them, and one of the reasons for many rebellions.

For the Vikings, read the translated Nordic texts. People were killed in duels for saying that a warrior was "womanly" and making them look weak was just that.

ZakuBeta
02-18-2017, 04:43 PM
I am not going to publish copyrighted material here. Go to your library and read some historical texts in the history section, maybe check out some cultural guides. Go learn something beyond the internet. There are over 1000 books for you to reference. Ignore your grade school history books those are an overview at best, and flat out wrong in many cases, especially if you went to a Catholic school.

If you want titles, I will need to go to the library myself and get them for you. It is far easier for you to do it yourself.

PotatoLord47
02-18-2017, 04:57 PM
@SiewcaRaka by your alias I guess you main Orochi or PK, am I right? :D

Slowthrob
02-18-2017, 05:08 PM
What are you talking about there's "honor" in the name "For Honor" :cool:

ZakuBeta
02-18-2017, 05:15 PM
Thought so. No proofs and only Hollywood stereotypes:) Keep believing in "honoruable" fight xD

Seriously?!?!?!? You expect me to remember the titles of the thousands of books I've read over my lifetime? Hollywood has nothing to do with it. I complain all the time of Hollywood screw ups. How about you politely say okay get me the list, or get off your duff and go read something.

ZakuBeta
02-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Thousands materials on honor on battlefield? I call it BS :D

You realize that there are tens of millions of books printed, on multiple subjects and formats, around the world yearly, right? I've barely scraped the surface of books written about multiple cultures, let alone reading all of them on a single culture. I've been reading books on the Samurai and Vikings since I was 10. I added Knights when I was 12. I added Sun Tzu's the art of war when I was 16. Guess what, he doesn't say anything about attacking people in the back, He does talk about misdirection, but in a manner that will allow a weaker force to limit the advantage of a stronger force. I added zhan shi(Chinese warriors best English spelling/name I've been able to garner for them) when I was 20. Mongolian armies when I was 24. The only cultures that I haven't delved into are the American Indians and those of the American Continents in general. So yes, there are Thousands of books on many cultures and their cultural honor codes/ways of war, and the lack thereof in some cases, and those who disregarded that code in others. I'm now 44, that's a lot of books.