PDA

View Full Version : Newer players should not go against Prestige anything

Ruikio
02-17-2017, 11:48 PM
People keep saying it's skill based. The level 1 player should not fight anybody thats prestiged. At all. I'm not talking character level. I'm talking account level and combined levels of your characters. This is essentially Assassin's Creed's matchmaking. If you didn't play on day 1, you're at a huge gear disadvantage and skill disadvantage. I hope they revert it to similar levels via account. Skill means nothing if you have an advantage.

Lufury
02-17-2017, 11:49 PM
but a matchmaking system based on LEVEL would be really dumb. Yes there should be a new Account filter but anybody can level up in 4v4 even against bots. Level says NOTHING

Ockt
02-17-2017, 11:52 PM
You are thinking ubisoft are competent... but they are not... they are possibly thee most inept piece of **** developer in existence. For honor will die within a month just like the division... cut your losses trade the game.

Ruikio
02-17-2017, 11:56 PM
but a matchmaking system based on LEVEL would be really dumb. Yes there should be a new Account filter but anybody can level up in 4v4 even against bots. Level says NOTHING

You don't get it. Newer players and accounts should have a filter where they do not go against people with stat boosts in geaer. It's not fun.

Lufury
02-18-2017, 12:05 AM
You don't get it. Newer players and accounts should have a filter where they do not go against people with stat boosts in geaer. It's not fun.

ehm bro can you read what i just said? : "Yes there should be a new Account filter but..."

People are always complaining it doesnt matter if the Account is new or not. A prestige 1 will Mostlikely say something if he meets a Prestige 3 in a 1v1.
I Hope there will be a Ranked Mode soon.

and btw items make a difference YES for sure. But you can Level up anywhere else. And you dont really have to go for the 1v1s in those game Modes.

Ruikio
02-18-2017, 12:06 AM
ehm bro can you read what i just said? : "Yes there should be a new Account filter but..."

People are always complaining it doesnt matter if the Account is new or not. A prestige 1 will Mostlikely say something if he meets a Prestige 3 in a 1v1.
I Hope there will be a Ranked Mode soon.

No I didn't. Sorry. Was typing this in the middle of matches and listening to newbie friends get matched unfairly. I agree on the filter.

I too hope their ranked is fleshed out. Because as is, this is bull.

Gnarxly
02-18-2017, 12:07 AM
Sorry but level means nothing. Player skill is 99%

B3N--
02-18-2017, 12:14 AM
i have not reach prestige 1 and i encounter many prestige 2 / 3 in all the game i do (4vs4 mode). already encounter a full yellow stuff guys in those game.

So matchmaking is a "little" off and not getting to prestige do nothing at all to not encounter those rep guys

Derkwow-cz
02-18-2017, 12:15 AM

In duel 1v1 most players spam one unavoidable attack around, it is not skill, it is game nonsense and bug ;), it is reason why i play only versus bots, bots are not reta*ded with one button attack, bots fight normally and no attack only one unavoidable attack type. It is no skill but unbalanced characters and stup*d peoples.

Ruikio
02-18-2017, 12:31 AM

I'm sorry you add nothing to this discussion.

However as said. Whatever mode this matchmaking is on needs to be altered a little. If I was brand new and walked into fighting prestiges my first game. I'd probably try for 1.5 hours and then refund it. Assassin's Creed Multi was like this and it was NOT fun.

PotatoLord47
02-18-2017, 12:35 AM
In duel 1v1 most players spam one unavoidable attack around, it is not skill, it is game nonsense and bug ;), it is reason why i play only versus bots, bots are not reta*ded with one button attack, bots fight normally and no attack only one unavoidable attack type. It is no skill but unbalanced characters and stup*d peoples.

Lol what are u talking about? Basically guys above prestige 1 do combos, but not only based on unbreakables. I think I see mostly Orochis/PKs/Nobushis and Berserkers. Very few of them use any unbreakables at alll. Even if so they do it rarely.

Zv1k0
02-18-2017, 12:51 AM

There is no such thing as unavoidable attack my friend.

PacTheManlyMan
02-18-2017, 12:55 AM

Theres no such things as an unavoidable attack. Only an attack YOU cant yet avoid.

Ruikio
02-18-2017, 01:00 AM
As it stands. The matchmaking is making it where newer players do not enjoy the game. I'm hearing people regret their decisions and or they aren't having fun because of it. I'm kind of in the same shoes. I'm a full time college student with limited time to play. Sure it's skill based and I'm up there. However when I'm vs. someone with 108 GS. They have a huge advantage over me. When does it become fun for me?

PotatoLord47
02-18-2017, 01:04 AM
As it stands. The matchmaking is making it where newer players do not enjoy the game. I'm hearing people regret their decisions and or they aren't having fun because of it. I'm kind of in the same shoes. I'm a full time college student with limited time to play. Sure it's skill based and I'm up there. However when I'm vs. someone with 108 GS. They have a huge advantage over me. When does it become fun for me?

Ayyy just take it as a challenge to overcome my friend! You learn mostly from better players right? :P
Or lets just text to support to fix mm. Or both!

PacTheManlyMan
02-18-2017, 01:07 AM

Well, to be honest, if you arent playing with friends over voice its far from being as fun.

Ruikio
02-18-2017, 01:16 AM
Well, to be honest, if you arent playing with friends over voice its far from being as fun.

I agree. However it's not me doing all the complaining. I'm hearing my friends who finally got the game that are not enjoying going up against 108s and 80s. I agree they shouldn't have to be subjected to that type of disadvantage. Especially when I hadn't even acquired Reputation 1 aswell.

Ayyy just take it as a challenge to overcome my friend! You learn mostly from better players right? :P
Or lets just text to support to fix mm. Or both!

I'll take the challenge. I'm fine with it. But when I'm gearscore 20 something and they're 80+. It start to become unfair. You know what I mean? I just want to face people on the same playing field as me. Gearscore included. My worries disappear once ranked comes out. For my friends? I'm hoping they don't just quit the game.

Hackfraysn
02-18-2017, 01:44 AM
I agree. However it's not me doing all the complaining. I'm hearing my friends who finally got the game that are not enjoying going up against 108s and 80s. I agree they shouldn't have to be subjected to that type of disadvantage. Especially when I hadn't even acquired Reputation 1 aswell.

I'll take the challenge. I'm fine with it. But when I'm gearscore 20 something and they're 80+. It start to become unfair. You know what I mean? I just want to face people on the same playing field as me. Gearscore included. My worries disappear once ranked comes out. For my friends? I'm hoping they don't just quit the game.

Same here dude. My very first game was against multiple prestige 2 guys. Yeah, I had some practise in the betas, but all my other friends are quite disheartened and are very close to just throwing the towel because the game is just so obnoxiously unfair. There's nothing to learn from getting stomped over and over again and there's no fun in that either.

I'm just asking for equally skilled oponents, not some demigods who can block and parry everything.

Seriously, something needs to be done. This is by far the worst matchmaking I've ever seen in a game. It was fine in the betas, Ubisoft. What happened?

feuerundblut
02-18-2017, 01:55 AM
Sorry but skill does matter and for the biggest part if you ask me. I am prestige 1 but purposely I didn't put on any shiny gear I am level 7 with it. And I can still kill 50+ gear heroes without any trouble. And I can get wrecked by level 1s still. I don't know where you got this idea in the first place, but certainly not in the game I am playing.

Ruikio
02-18-2017, 03:42 AM
Same here dude. My very first game was against multiple prestige 2 guys. Yeah, I had some practise in the betas, but all my other friends are quite disheartened and are very close to just throwing the towel because the game is just so obnoxiously unfair. There's nothing to learn from getting stomped over and over again and there's no fun in that either.

I'm just asking for equally skilled oponents, not some demigods who can block and parry everything.

Seriously, something needs to be done. This is by far the worst matchmaking I've ever seen in a game. It was fine in the betas, Ubisoft. What happened?

I'm hoping there is order for you and other newer players. It's not fair and it definitely isn't fun for you guys.

Pocket_Fox
02-18-2017, 03:57 AM
Rep 1 for my Warden and Oroshi. I play vs bots 90% and the few times I duelled vs humans they complained endlessly how it was unfair they were up against me. Gear stats are OFF so it's fair. If I was winning they'd complain, if I lost 'omg you're the most noob ever, did you pay for that account?'

It's XP based not SKILL based. Anyone can gain XP doing almost anything.

E-A-X
02-18-2017, 04:03 AM
Always the same, like do some people seriously always find excuses for anything and everything? Gear does give you some advantage, yes, but it does not take your wheelbarrow out of the dirt at all.

You think gear matters? Ive guardbroken a GS 108 player and threw him down the cliff, hes so OP with his gear in that case it seems - na like seriously, you have to change your playstyle if you think that gear makes such a big thing.
If i would change my main character right now, the GS would be 1 and id still would be able to take out those people alot of times. Some Feats and Revenge do need a nerf at some point, but its def. not the gear making you a better player than the others.

There are many ways to kill people, its about beeing smart in this game and making the right decisions - not about the gearscore or prestige etc.

Also ive recommended my friends and fam to fight AI before going into PvP games while they do not understand clearly how the fighting works, now guess what? they are much better than the widespread playerbase from 1 day of practice and watching some useful guides.

Syllogy
02-18-2017, 04:48 AM

You must not have found the "Fast Attack" and "Dodge" buttons.

Sallimar
02-18-2017, 04:59 AM
You are thinking ubisoft are competent... but they are not... they are possibly thee most inept piece of **** developer in existence. For honor will die within a month just like the division... cut your losses trade the game.
Im genuinely curious as to why you are here?

Ruikio
02-18-2017, 05:23 AM
Always the same, like do some people seriously always find excuses for anything and everything? Gear does give you some advantage, yes, but it does not take your wheelbarrow out of the dirt at all.

You think gear matters? Ive guardbroken a GS 108 player and threw him down the cliff, hes so OP with his gear in that case it seems - na like seriously, you have to change your playstyle if you think that gear makes such a big thing.
If i would change my main character right now, the GS would be 1 and id still would be able to take out those people alot of times. Some Feats and Revenge do need a nerf at some point, but its def. not the gear making you a better player than the others.

There are many ways to kill people, its about beeing smart in this game and making the right decisions - not about the gearscore or prestige etc.

Also ive recommended my friends and fam to fight AI before going into PvP games while they do not understand clearly how the fighting works, now guess what? they are much better than the widespread playerbase from 1 day of practice and watching some useful guides.

You want to come off like a ****? Let's show how stupid you are. You say we're trying to put out an excuse and then immediately contradict yourself about how gear does give a small advantage. Say you were on my level and you had a higher gear score than me and I whooped your ***. You still had an advantage. Sure I won but even if it's a little, you had a little on me. Now imagine you're a level 1 against me with 108 gear and I school you. It doesn't add up much but to a NEW person against someone who has 108 is just not fair. The system isn't calculating things right.

Nobody cares that you guard broke anybody and did anything. This discussion is about new players. Not about you. Being smart helps with playing the game. You should learn with people around your skill level with all the same items levels. Or an average.

Ruikio
02-18-2017, 05:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3yLmLc7.jpg

It's just not fun. Just closed the game. I've had 7 friends just put the game down because of this.

Ruikio
02-18-2017, 05:51 AM
Adding on to it.
Maybe put a cap. The highest level on your team (Account level) is the highest you can queue up against. Sure it'll mess with queue times. Anything is better than whats currently going on right now.

Ruikio
02-18-2017, 06:26 AM
Seems Elimination is much safer than going into Dominion.

Hackfraysn
02-18-2017, 11:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3yLmLc7.jpg

It's just not fun. Just closed the game. I've had 7 friends just put the game down because of this.

Same here. We really enjoyed the betas and were totally looking forward to release. Now, we only get matched against some prestige 2+ monsters, which honestly ruins any fun this game ever had, especially if you have new players, who haven't practised for hours. My friends don't want to play this game anymore because of this horrible matchmaking and I must admit I kinda feel the same.

Matchmaking was okay in beta. Some matches were lopsided, but all in all we had a great time. Now, hardly anyone enjoys this game anymore because every match is a massive uphill battle against way too experienced enemies, who also add salt to the injury by mocking my friends who are new to the game in chat. This is ridiculous! WTH did Ubisoft change?

This game will die in less than a month, if they don't fix matchmaking.

Ruikio
02-18-2017, 10:14 PM
Same here. We really enjoyed the betas and were totally looking forward to release. Now, we only get matched against some prestige 2+ monsters, which honestly ruins any fun this game ever had, especially if you have new players, who haven't practised for hours. My friends don't want to play this game anymore because of this horrible matchmaking and I must admit I kinda feel the same.

Matchmaking was okay in beta. Some matches were lopsided, but all in all we had a great time. Now, hardly anyone enjoys this game anymore because every match is a massive uphill battle against way too experienced enemies, who also add salt to the injury by mocking my friends who are new to the game in chat. This is ridiculous! WTH did Ubisoft change?

This game will die in less than a month, if they don't fix matchmaking.

I'm afraid to mention For Honor to my friends as they can still be saved, granted this issue gets fixed. However by the time they come back. I'll be max gearscore aswell and probably Prestige 4. So the problem doesn't fix for me. I lose them regardless unless they don't mind a few unbalanced matches. (Unbalanced used in terms of the geared having a slightly higher advantage in terms of damage, revenge gain or exhaustion recovery.)

forrest0755
02-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Only time I really see level make a difference is when a person is level 3 or below. That generally indicates they dont have much experience with that certain hero, and are still learning how to use them. Besides that, level doesnt mean much, only means how long they have been playing as that character