PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, lose the peer-to-peer

LoathingWalrus
02-17-2017, 10:50 PM
It is complete BS that a company like Ubisoft would use P2P. Gotta love the constant disconnects from people with terrible Internet, or from rage quitters. This is going to kill the longevity of the game completely. No excuse for this system in 2017. Lose it or lose players.

Rump_Buffalo
02-17-2017, 10:58 PM
yes please... it's usually okay but when it's bad it's REALLY bad. My friends and I constantly get Dc'd from each other, can't hotjoin back into a game, and sometimes can't rejoin each other's groups.

DeusVult12
02-17-2017, 11:02 PM
Seconded. I've played both betas and enjoyed the hell out of them, am currently looking forward to buying the game and indulging in countless hours of multiplayer, but I refuse to pay the price untill they've fixed this issue. The open beta gameplay was an instant selling point, but it was sullied by the constant -and I'm talking CONSTANT- connectivity issues. I'm visiting these forums regularly just to check for updates on the matter, but seeing how many are still complaining I'm discouraged from making the actual investment.

So yeah, obviously P2P is ruining what I consider to be an otherwise excellent game, and I'm certain this will cost Ubi; which is a terrible shame, considering this would be the most fun and innovative title they'd have released in years, the one to throw them back in the game.

Ditch the P2P, get some quality servers running and watch For Honor grow into your greatest success in years. I'm hoping such a change is plausible.

Pr4zz4
02-17-2017, 11:08 PM
This is how you know they're only in it for the money.

Thanks for the shaft Ubi

Rithuamh
02-17-2017, 11:12 PM
It's not unlike Ubisoft to make a decision that hurts a game, but saves them money. They're pretty genuinely awful, and straight up incompetent publisher, and if they think this game is hurting because of the lack of a dedicated server I think they'd be just as likely to shut this game down as they would be to cave into consumer demands and utilize a dedicated server.

I wouldn't bank on them ever changing this, even though they're mostly shooting themselves in the foot by doing so. If they keep turning a profit, what is the incentive to change, especially when that change entails the spending of money.

Shukr4n
02-17-2017, 11:14 PM
It is complete BS that a company like Ubisoft would use P2P. Gotta love the constant disconnects from people with terrible Internet, or from rage quitters. This is going to kill the longevity of the game completely. No excuse for this system in 2017. Lose it or lose players.

if u looked at forum before purchasing u would have seen the ****storm about p2p. that s the reason lot of "us" didnt purchase the game.

TrollyTheSolly
02-17-2017, 11:17 PM
Completely agree, speaking as someone who has no power to change the NAT of my internet, the game is extremely frustrating to play.

Wolf-Heathen
02-17-2017, 11:27 PM
Ubisoft really need address this issue with an official response in terms of what their intention is with the horrible online experience. If they are content to allow the ****ty P2P networking to remain status quo, this game is going to be dead within a month. You messed up, Ubisoft, now own it and make it up to your customers if you want this game to have any life at all.

RatedChaotic
02-17-2017, 11:30 PM
Yea its not ever going to happen. For Honor is their quick cash flow til Ghost Recon releases next month. Open beta for it lauches next weekend. For Honor was doomed before it released. Sad to say....

Wolf-Heathen
02-17-2017, 11:34 PM
It's not unlike Ubisoft to make a decision that hurts a game, but saves them money. They're pretty genuinely awful, and straight up incompetent publisher, and if they think this game is hurting because of the lack of a dedicated server I think they'd be just as likely to shut this game down as they would be to cave into consumer demands and utilize a dedicated server.

I wouldn't bank on them ever changing this, even though they're mostly shooting themselves in the foot by doing so. If they keep turning a profit, what is the incentive to change, especially when that change entails the spending of money.

Because with another game about to be released in less than a month, Wildlands, you'd think they'd want to limit negative PR. This forums is already populated with lots of people vowing to never buy another ubisoft game after the way they handled this game.

I know I'm not very likely to shell out $80.00 for another game unless they make serious steps to fix this game.

Bob__Gnarly
02-17-2017, 11:44 PM
Great game, but yeah the P2P matchmaking is a piping hot steaming turd.

Ockt
02-17-2017, 11:45 PM
Really UBI, every1 involved in letting P2P get into the game is a piece of **** and deserves to be jobless... greedy scum. **** you... Trading your game... which will be bought by some1 else and you will get ZERO money from the used game sale, just like you deserve.

ALSO ****ing capchas on a forum.... you really are cheap bastards. Really embarrassed that you started as a European company... Suspicious the beta ran smoothly but the full release is ****... fraudulent scum. [removed] la france.

FUEGONOMICS
02-17-2017, 11:55 PM
they use too many developers at one time. if you have 5 developers, each working on a critical aspect of the game separately, the right hand doesnt know what the other 4 left hands are doing. you have 5 focuses instead of 1. incompatibility becomes an issue. you have glaring holes that make it right through quality control (or the lack thereof) and you have an end product that doesnt have enough total eyes looking over the whole thing, compartmentalization becomes bureaucracy which trickles down to the customer experience in a major way. deadlines become too short because 5 hands should be better than one and quality suffers as a result

either way, this speaks volumes to horrible project management. i think thats what it comes down to in a major way. you have a project management team hoping they have a complete game instead of knowing they dont.

Pyav
02-18-2017, 12:11 AM
I know I'm the minority in this subject, but I really have not had any connectivity issues what so ever. I've had maybe a total of 4 matches drop between all the tests and since launch and not too many interrupted from reconnects.

AponeSRG
02-18-2017, 12:19 AM
I never complain about games. Never go on forums or anything like this but this peer to peer connection/network hosting is absolutely terrible. The fact that Ubisoft created a Triple A game with full awareness that these Network error issues is insulting to all of us as fans and gamers. I want to believe these are launch issues which will be corrected over the coarse of the next few months but all of this has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I personally refuse to spend another dollar on this game TILL these issues are rectified.

Just think of all the players who are not going to wait around to UBi fixes these things and writes off the game completely. What a huge waste of a great opportunity for a cool game with an awesome community.

sQb3k
02-18-2017, 12:27 AM
All we can really hope is that it's better with For Honor II. They're not gonna change it on this release, and they're not ever gonna answer any of the complaints about it, except to say what they've already said. And honestly, this game should have been released as an indie, and they probably would have cared enough to do it right.

ZuivrZilvr
02-18-2017, 12:33 AM
I know I'm the minority in this subject, but I really have not had any connectivity issues what so ever. I've had maybe a total of 4 matches drop between all the tests and since launch and not too many interrupted from reconnects.

You are most certainly not the minority. There are just a bunch of unlucky players piling up here. I am starting to see that the netcode implementation of For Honor was actually a good decision gameplay wise. Unfortunately people will not easily see this.

Pocket_Fox
02-18-2017, 04:05 AM
It's launch weekend and I've played almost exclusively solo with ai vs ai. I spent a good 2 hours trying to play humans v humans and for those 2 hours I was unable to complete a single match before error to menu or the game hanged. Even with humans vs ai 50% of the matches today resulted in a hang or error to menu.

Having to play this MP game SOLO is ridiculous, it's not even been out for a week!