PDA

View Full Version : Why does Warlord only have one light attack against minions?

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 09:27 PM
I know this is WAY down the list of issues, but it is bugging the crap outta me that when I dive into a minion group only to slowly slash and then upper cut each one at a time.

ALL of the other classes have multi hit combos that they use against minions. I mean the Raider has a chokeslam for god sake.

Anyone notice this?

Triplash
02-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Warlord is not the only one, Berserker also goes 1...1...1... against minions and it's suuuuper lame.

Hopefully they finish those characters soon...

Lufury
02-17-2017, 09:30 PM
I know this is WAY down the list of issues, but it is bugging the crap outta me that when I dive into a minion group only to slowly slash and then upper cut each one at a time.

ALL of the other classes have multi hit combos that they use against minions. I mean the Raider has a chokeslam for god sake.

Anyone notice this?

maybe they should give some other classes shields too

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 09:31 PM
Warlord is not the only one, Berserker also goes 1...1...1... against minions and it's suuuuper lame.

Hopefully they finish those characters soon...

She does?

I could SWEAR my Zerker combos her way through the minions. Then again I don't really bother with minions that much on her.

Gnarxly
02-17-2017, 09:34 PM
The real question is why does Wardlord's heavy attack hit as fast as a 1 hander and as hard as a 2 hander...

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 09:38 PM
The real question is why does Wardlord's heavy attack hit as fast as a 1 hander and as hard as a 2 hander...

Because he has VERY few moves so they give him that to compensate?

Gnarxly
02-17-2017, 09:48 PM
Because he has VERY few moves so they give him that to compensate?

He has PK like attack speed and jump, very good disabler, very tanky and his lightning speed heavy hits like a truck. So what is his weakness?

Hackfraysn
02-17-2017, 09:52 PM

Anyone notice this?

Yeah, Lawlbringer's basically shovel knight. Lots of characters only have one boring attack animation vs minions. Apparently Ubisoft only polished the vanguards.

Sjadya
02-17-2017, 09:52 PM
Yeah its not like you allways onehit minions nomatter what attack, oh wait u do...

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 09:55 PM
He has PK like attack speed and jump, very good disabler, very tanky and his lightning speed heavy hits like a truck. So what is his weakness?

- Slow

- No long combos

- His running guard break is a glorified shove

- His push is easily avoided

- His greatest strength is his overhead which means all you gotta do is wait for it

- Very short range minus his leap

- Easily outmaneuvered by faster heroes such as PK or Orochi.

- High skill cap to use him effectively

I am not saying he is garbage, but he is not godlike like you are acting. Once you know his kit he can be dealt with fairly easily if you know how.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 09:57 PM
Yeah its not like you allways onehit minions nomatter what attack, oh wait u do...

Let me explain since you seem to have missed the point of the thread.

All other heroes have long intricate light attack combos to kill multiple minions quickly.

The warlord has a VERY slow slash then he uppercuts them.

Which means he kills minions alot less effectively than other heroes.

StrikeQ
02-17-2017, 09:58 PM

All other heroes have long intricate light attack combos to kill multiple minions quickly.

Use the heavy strike to kill groups at a time.

Gnarxly
02-17-2017, 09:59 PM

Ah so killing npcs is his weakness... dang!

FREEDOM from
02-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Lawbringer only has one too, like someone mentioned. Its like a poke/shovel type hit that actually take a little bit. Would like to see more.

Godsplitter1991
02-17-2017, 10:00 PM
Quit trying to jack this guys thread and turn this into a nerf warlord thread. Yes the berserker does have a minion wave combo. It has to be light attack, heavy attack. Since there is no light, light attack for berserker. Im pretty sure warlord does too. It's light, heavy, just like berserker

AkimuMC
02-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Does WL not have a zone attack? I assume WL has both a light and heavy attack... Maybe you haven't put enough thought into minion tactics, though I didn't think minions really required the thought...

Ephemiel
02-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Because they repeat the same animation, they don't move as fluidly around the minions and the rest can start hitting you.

Even the big and chubby Shugoki has a cool light attack chain for minions.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 10:09 PM
Use the heavy strike to kill groups at a time.

I know you can do that but its not the point. That uses MORE stamina and leaves him in a weaker state if he gets ganked. Other heroes don't have to worry about that.

Ah so killing npcs is his weakness... dang!

I like how you completely ignored my full list of ACTUAL weaknesses and attempted to pounce on that post instead. lol

Gnarxly
02-17-2017, 10:10 PM
- Slow

- No long combos

- His running guard break is a glorified shove

- His push is easily avoided

- His greatest strength is his overhead which means all you gotta do is wait for it

- Very short range minus his leap

- Easily outmaneuvered by faster heroes such as PK or Orochi.

- High skill cap to use him effectively

I am not saying he is garbage, but he is not godlike like you are acting. Once you know his kit he can be dealt with fairly easily if you know how.

Can put like this for every single class, in practice tho Warlord is master of cheese,

Triplash
02-17-2017, 10:13 PM
My point was actually more that it's just a derp and looks unpolished, not a balance thing or that it's particularly important.

Just quality control. Half the characters do cool animations killing minions. They should all do something.