PDA

View Full Version : Gear is stupid

TripSin.
02-17-2017, 07:42 PM
If you want to try a new character you have to start with no gear going up against high level people with high gear scores. It's stupid as hell. You're already at a disadvantage when trying a new character and then you have to deal with stupid *** gear imbalance on top of it.

This game is trash. Ubi**** is trash so I should've expected as much.

TripSin.
02-17-2017, 07:48 PM
4v4 modes DO have gear

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 07:48 PM
If you want to try a new character you have to start with no gear going up against high level people with high gear scores. It's stupid as hell. You're already at a disadvantage when trying a new character and then you have to deal with stupid *** gear imbalance on top of it.

This game is trash. Ubi**** is trash so I should've expected as much.

Okay there are a few things wrong with this post. I'll address them one by one.

1) It is ASTONISHINGLY easy to unlock characters so there is literally no way to complain about not having a character unlocked to be able to get gear on.

2) You are NOT at that big of a disadvantage.. A good player with no gear will ALWAYS beat a bad player with good gear.

3) If you are SERIOUSLY that concerned over the gear aspect then go to 1v1 or 2v2 where gear doesn't get used.

4) If you don't wanna use that then make a custom match and play dominion with friends or bots (or both)

5) The game is not trash just because YOU didn't bother to do a little research on the game before coming here and making a whine thread.

AkimuMC
02-17-2017, 07:49 PM
I am curios about how much the gear truly effects your stats... I mean what do we even have to go on? That line? What are the values? Players have no real way of knowing how gear is truly effecting our characters without testing in game... Seems there could be a better way to measure and convey the gear stats other than those lines with no real info...

To me, it seems like gear isn't as useful as we may think...

Also, as been stated prior, gear stats (and feats) are only usable in 4v4 game modes. So, if you are losing duels and brawls, I hate to say it, but it wasn't that you had lower gear stats...

TripSin.
02-17-2017, 07:50 PM
Okay there are a few things wrong with this post. I'll address them one by one.

1) It is ASTONISHINGLY easy to unlock characters so there is literally no way to complain about not having a character unlocked to be able to get gear on.

2) You are NOT at that big of a disadvantage.. A good player with no gear will ALWAYS beat a bad player with good gear.

3) If you are SERIOUSLY that concerned over the gear aspect then go to 1v1 or 2v2 where gear doesn't get used.

4) If you don't wanna use that then make a custom match and play dominion with friends or bots (or both)

5) The game is not trash just because YOU didn't bother to do a little research on the game before coming here and making a whine thread.

You don't magically start with gear when you start playing a new character

TripSin.
02-17-2017, 07:53 PM
I am curios about how much the gear truly effects your stats... I mean what do we even have to go on? That line? What are the values? Players have no real way of knowing how gear is truly effecting our characters without testing in game... Seems there could be a better way to measure and convey the gear stats other than those lines with no real info...

To me, it seems like gear isn't as useful as we may think...

Also, as been stated prior, gear stats (and feats) are only usable in 4v4 game modes. So, if you are losing duels and brawls, I hate to say it, but it wasn't that you had lower gear stats...

Gear makes a huge, noticeable difference. I haven't tried focusing on the attack/defense stats but on my main I've used high level gear that focuses on stamina and revenge gain and the difference is VERY noticeable. I have much more stamina to work with, much less often become exhausted, and get revenge a lot faster and more often with high level gear.

And OBVIOUSLY gear doesn't matter in duel and brawl. But in every other mode right now it does.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 07:55 PM
You don't magically start with gear when you start playing a new character

I never said you did?

Wolf-Heathen
02-17-2017, 08:00 PM
Learn how to play. Gear isn't going to magically make you better at parrying or enable you to use feints effectively.

Why do you even care about 4v4s? Dueling is where you go to test skill. 4v4s are just a zerg fest.

AkimuMC
02-17-2017, 08:02 PM
Gear makes a huge, noticeable difference. I haven't tried focusing on the attack/defense stats but on my main I've used high level gear that focuses on stamina and revenge gain and the difference is VERY noticeable. I have much more stamina to work with, much less often become exhausted, and get revenge a lot faster and more often with high level gear.

And OBVIOUSLY gear doesn't matter in duel and brawl. But in every other mode right now it does.

Meh, I still do not have great gear (total gear score is like 20 or so with only 1 blue piece) though I am prestige 1 level 10). I cannot really tell much of a difference when switching between +attack and +defense items... But that bar has a huge swing of green and red. I still lose the battles I think I should, and win the battles I think I should without many different "stat tactics" involved in my style... Maybe it is because my gear is low level I am not noticing a big difference, and maybe my opinion here will change with time, but again, I still only have low level stuff.

At the same time, I have played games against characters that were prestige 2 with a blue 60-70 gear score... They didn't seem any more difficult to face. Sure, that could be partly to they aren't skilled, or it could be that the stat they were boosting isn't pertaining to our match up... I just don't notice it. I do not see a high gear score on the battle load screen and think "Oh no, I am going to get wrecked"...

I understand the pain of playing a new character. I have been trying to branch out, but I am pretty consistently matched up against folks who have levels on their characters, so it is hard to learn while getting stomped. Sure, I could negate this by doing practice, or custom matches, but I am a firm believer in learning while playing against human opponents. Though, I am the type of player that if I lose, I am usually ok with it.

Shukr4n
02-17-2017, 08:15 PM
4v4 modes DO have gear

question: being 4v4 gear based , does gear take a part into the mmr? i mean u can be gear lvl 100 on valky and u meet lvl 100players, then u switch to lvl 2 PK and find lvl 2 opponents?..