PDA

View Full Version : Stop standing there and letting her pick you apart!

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 07:00 PM
I can't tell you how many streams or threads I have seen know of people crying about the PK and how "Broken" she is. Yet everytime I hear that its coming from someone who is playing WAY too safe and the PK just dances are you poking you to death. her ENTIRE kit is built around poking you to death so if you just stand their and try to outblock or outpoke her you are always gonna lose unless you yourself are a poker like Nobushi or Bezerker.

If you are a big hero main the best way I have found to deal with the PK (and Orochi for that matter) is to pressure them. Take the fight to them and FORCE them to outplay you rather than just sit there and Turtle. Then play safely enough so that somehow she is gonna have a heart attack and die.

I say this as a Shugoki, Raider, & Bezerker main. Just lay it on them. Either they are gonna neatly deflect and dodge their way to a win (Which they most likely would of had anyway if you had sat still and turtled) or you are gonna throw off their rhythm by taking the fight to them.

PK (And Orochi) are at their best when you let them pinch and poke you to death. Don't let them get into that rhythm. Throw them off and fight back.

Just my two cents.

Vordred
02-17-2017, 07:05 PM
how do you pressure something that can dodge everything you throw at them, attacking a assassins is just asking to be hit. with the current state of dodge, one attack followed by GB, rinise and repeat is about your only option, and it's boring.

Ynkey-_-
02-17-2017, 07:05 PM
I can't tell you how many streams or threads I have seen know of people crying about the PK and how "Broken" she is. Yet everytime I hear that its coming from someone who is playing WAY too safe and the PK just dances are you poking you to death. her ENTIRE kit is built around poking you to death so if you just stand their and try to outblock or outpoke her you are always gonna lose unless you yourself are a poker like Nobushi or Bezerker.

If you are a big hero main the best way I have found to deal with the PK (and Orochi for that matter) is to pressure them. Take the fight to them and FORCE them to outplay you rather than just sit there and Turtle. Then play safely enough so that somehow she is gonna have a heart attack and die.

I say this as a Shugoki, Raider, & Bezerker main. Just lay it on them. Either they are gonna neatly deflect and dodge their way to a win (Which they most likely would of had anyway if you had sat still and turtled) or you are gonna throw off their rhythm by taking the fight to them.

PK (And Orochi) are at their best when you let them pinch and poke you to death. Don't let them get into that rhythm. Throw them off and fight back.

Just my two cents.

I am playing only with PK since OBT and I can say for sure that I am having big problems with players who pressure a lot. It takes time to learn to counter them. PK is not OP and takes a bit of time to master it. People that are crying that PK just spams sidestep + bleed do the same with every champ, they choose best tactic with their champs and spam one or two combos and when they loose they just say that' not fun to spam same combo...

Ynkey-_-
02-17-2017, 07:08 PM
how do you pressure something that can dodge everything you throw at them, attacking a assassins is just asking to be hit. with the current state of dodge, one attack followed by GB, rinise and repeat is about your only option, and it's boring.

One full combo from PK takes out all Stamina, than comes your time to atk. Try practicing with lvl 3 bots and you will get the idea how to defeat them

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 07:10 PM

A perfect PK will do that because that is what assassins are SUPPOSED to do. You people seem to be under the impression that all heroes are meant to be equal.

They aren't.

Each and every Hero has weaknesses and counters that can be exploited by other heroes. All you have to do is be smart enough to use them.

A PK is just like any other Hero. They are only as good as the player playing them.

Ynkey-_-
02-17-2017, 07:16 PM
but you just told us to not stand there and get hit... Now you're telling us to guard against their attack until they're out of stamina - so what exactly are slow characters like the lawbringer supposed to do?

Sincerely I have tried Lawbringer only in Campaign and I didnt like it at start because it was too slow and I was always dying in realistic mode. After multiple fails I got the idea how to make the right combos. Basically you should pressure PK all the time and try to parry her sidestep+bleed atk, that will get her out of stamina very fast. If you manage to make a GB + throw in that time you can make a guaranteed heavy atk that will deal a massive damage. I was planning to try the lawbringer as a second champ, so when I will master it we can talk more about that.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 07:17 PM
but you just told us to not stand there and get hit... Now you're telling us to guard against their attack until they're out of stamina - so what exactly are slow characters like the lawbringer supposed to do?

Lawbringer vs PK is WAY easy.

She doesn't have many answers for his ability to bully and abuse you using the environment.

At the same time his slow attacks are easy for her to deflect. So it comes down to the skill level of the players.

Once again. Not all heroes are supposed to be equal.

The_Darkrash
02-17-2017, 07:21 PM
Once again. Not all heroes are supposed to be equal.

says the one who's defending the peacekeeper.
The Peacekeeper is good against any when she just bleed or poison them to death.
so what is your point anyway?

Ynkey-_-
02-17-2017, 07:23 PM
says the one who's defending the peacekeeper.
The Peacekeeper is good against any when she just bleed or poison them to death.
so what is your point anyway?

As a PK I am having big problems with Berserk because they can take me out in one combo if I get close to them and cannot dodge. Also Orochi is sometimes too fast for my dodges. So everyone has problems defeating a class but if we all start crying on forum that this champ is OP we will just ruin the game for everyone!

Ynkey-_-
02-17-2017, 07:32 PM
Or just ruin the fast characters... Which I'm fine with. Speedy characters should only be able to do very small damage. That's the standard balance in any game: Speed+/Damage- or Damage+/Speed-. Not Speed+/Damage+ (and in the nobushi's case Reach++). Thats the formula for an OP character, which is why the Orochi/Peacekeeper/Nobushi are being labeled as OP.

I think it just takes some time to understand how to play vs a champ. For example I have played once 1vs1 vs Warden. This class was always easy for me to win. But after playing with him 3 matches in a row he started to defeat me. I couldn't sidestap +bleed because I got punished for that and I started to invent new ways how to counter him.
So we had 7 matches and I won first two and the last two.

dave2k12
02-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Or just ruin the fast characters... Which I'm fine with. Speedy characters should only be able to do very small damage. That's the standard balance in any game: Speed+/Damage- or Damage+/Speed-. Not Speed+/Damage+ (and in the nobushi's case Reach++). Thats the formula for an OP character, which is why the Orochi/Peacekeeper/Nobushi are being labeled as OP.
In all fairness they do a lot less damage than heavys so ur point is kinda invalid it's just there fast so they can use combos and if u fail to react the damage adds up which is fair since 1 heavy from say a warden can take like 3 bars so yea ur point is invalid the shugoki can take 3/4 of there health in 1 hit so just learn to counter

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 07:35 PM
Yes... they are. Otherwise the game would be horribly imbalanced - which it is at this point because of Orochi spam and stuff. I'm not a super-player, my reaction times aren't very good. counter-guard breaking is impossible for me at the moment, I can never seem to do it when I need to. So a faster character is going to beat me every time.

A faster character is SUPPOSED to be faster than a big character.

Just like how a big slow character is SUPPOSED to hit harder than a small and fast one.

I made a thread to better explain. Here Link (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1581739-A-PERFECT-analogy-for-the-people-who-can-t-understand-the-balance-of-the-game)

YappysDaBeast
02-17-2017, 07:36 PM
A faster character is SUPPOSED to be faster than a big character.

Just like how a big slow character is SUPPOSED to hit harder than a small and fast one.

I made a thread to better explain. Here Link (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1581739-A-PERFECT-analogy-for-the-people-who-can-t-understand-the-balance-of-the-game)

Agree, Lawbringer hits like a potato compared to fast characters.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 07:40 PM
Agree, Lawbringer hits like a potato compared to fast characters.

Well to be fair he isn't SUPPOSED to be a damage machine. His entire kit is built around bullying and harrassing not killing.

His lack of damage is made up for his ABSURD number of ways to bully and stun you into submission.

GreenRanger XI
02-17-2017, 07:41 PM
Coyote clearly knows nothing about this game. Everytime I play as Orochi or Peacekeeper I just don't lose. I can't be hit and I do more damage than anyone.

YappysDaBeast
02-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Well to be fair he isn't SUPPOSED to be a damage machine. His entire kit is built around bullying and harrassing not killing.

His lack of damage is made up for his ABSURD number of ways to bully and stun you into submission.

That are easily dodgeable.
His entire kit is counterable from people with knowledge.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 07:53 PM
Coyote clearly knows nothing about this game. Everytime I play as Orochi or Peacekeeper I just don't lose. I can't be hit and I do more damage than anyone.

Oh look its Green Ranger again lol

Is that why I am watching Sacriel on Twitch literally as I am typing this and he is a VERY prestige 2 PK and he gets beat by good players using other classes?

A hero is only as good as the player and the situation that they are in. The fact you pub stomp people doesn't mean your class is invincible. It could mean that either you are good or your opponents are bad.

And unless you have a 100% win/loss ratio and a infinite KD score then YES you do lose occasionally.

(Try again)

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 07:54 PM
That are easily dodgeable.
His entire kit is counterable from people with knowledge.

ANY kit is counterable with knowledge.

Thats the point of a skill based game.

dave2k12
02-17-2017, 07:57 PM
Kinda funny people ain't willing to put effort in to learn how to beat classes they struggle against like I went in 1v1ns against level 3 bots in best of 100s until I could win 90% of the matches against everything I struggled with like I even asked my friends to duel me until I could beat them all it takes is practice like It just takes time and spending it posting about how op a class isn't is not going to help like you could be practicing I mean damn I spent a lot of time in customs to be able to learn how to counter everything on top of that try the class u struggle with it gives you better knowledge practice that too basic stuff

MrForz
02-17-2017, 07:59 PM
Actually, standing there is a viable strategy. PK has many ways to close the gap but you can see all of them coming and even parry the hell out of the overhead dash attack, which leads to some extreme punishment dished on the PK at least from a Warden's perspective. To be overaggressive (And trust me I am beyond aggressive) without an excellent use of feints will lead to a dodge-hit-guardbreak-stab yada yada, and you don't really want that. PK players tend to be more keen on counter-attacking than being relentless in attacking beyond applying a heavy and a bleed now and then.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 07:59 PM
Kinda funny people ain't willing to put effort in to learn how to beat classes they struggle against like I went in 1v1ns against level 3 bots in best of 100s until I could win 90% of the matches against everything I struggled with like I even asked my friends to duel me until I could beat them all it takes is practice like It just takes time and spending it posting about how op a class isn't is not going to help like you could be practicing I mean damn I spent a lot of time in customs to be able to learn how to counter everything on top of that try the class u struggle with it gives you better knowledge practice that too basic stuff

That would require people to accept the fact they are gods gift to video games and clearly that isn't happening anytime soon.

If they can't do it ASAP and easily then CLEARLY something is wrong with the game NOT them lol

dave2k12
02-17-2017, 08:16 PM
That would require people to accept the fact they are gods gift to video games and clearly that isn't happening anytime soon.

If they can't do it ASAP and easily then CLEARLY something is wrong with the game NOT them lol

Wouldn't like them to play world of Warcraft pvp Jesus lol they would be crying like that's where I came from I get rank one almost every season with around 3000+ raiting if u think learning classes ain't needed they are sadly mistaken I played every class on wow until I could atleast get 2.4k raiting on them to be able to know how to beat them basically read what they are going to do in certain situations so yea granted it a bit of a different situation but it still remains just Gotta learn that's all once you've done that u will find vs them there not as hard as you think just Gotta play smart because they will make a mistake and then you can punish them with a combo this game is all about making the right decision and timing