PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie thoughts

GreenRanger XI
02-17-2017, 06:07 PM
Been playing her a lot and got quite decent with her. I usually win in 1v1 unless it's against Orochi. I feel I have to hit the other player at least double to triple the amount of times he has to hit me to kill me. She has quite nice defense, but a slight damage buff wouldn't really hurt.

Didn't have too many problems with her speed. Even though I've seen some people complaining about that. She has two nice combos that you can get a free overhead heavy from and she seems like a fun set-up character. I also struggle against Warlords that just turtle. It seems a really effective way to win.

Do you think we will ever be able to change the gender of characters like Peacekeeper and Valkyrie? She's very fun to play, but I'd love to be a male version.

Viking_44_
02-17-2017, 06:12 PM
One thing ive learned withValkyrie against warlords is to guard break them and push them then pull down on the left anal long stick and hit RT or R2, and that will perform a sweep attack and knock anyone on their feet then do a lunge attack(light attack). Also you can always do the lunge to the right or left and attack his sides

Drekle
02-17-2017, 06:18 PM
I do think her speed is low however I'm doing okay on Valkyrie at my currently MMR. That said if I switch to a conqueror, which I played in the beta, my K/D ratio goes up from ~2 to about ~7. My conqueror on the beta is prestige 3, and my Valk is prestige 3, just as a point to how long I've played each. Remember that you can succeed with any character no matter how poorly they are balanced if your MMR is in the right place. That does not mean that you wouldn't do better as another character.

Valkyrie according to mythology is always female, so I don't think that a male valkyrie makes much sense. However there are many female exclusive characters and no male exclusive ones. This seems regressive but I don't care all that much. Peacekeeper makes more sense to allow male versions.

GreenRanger XI
02-17-2017, 06:20 PM
I do think her speed is low however I'm doing okay on Valkyrie at my currently MMR. That said if I switch to a conqueror, which I played in the beta, my K/D ratio goes up from ~2 to about ~7. My conqueror on the beta is prestige 3, and my Valk is prestige 3, just as a point to how long I've played each. Remember that you can succeed with any character no matter how poorly they are balanced if your MMR is in the right place. That does not mean that you wouldn't do better as another character.

Valkyrie according to mythology is always female, so I don't think that a male valkyrie makes much sense. However there are many female exclusive characters and no male exclusive ones. This seems regressive but I don't care all that much. Peacekeeper makes more sense to allow male versions.

Well the reason I was drawn to the character was because it reminded me of Achilles. I would just love a viking male that fights the same way.

King-Andyy
02-17-2017, 06:28 PM
Having played the Valkyrie quite abit I do find it difficult to survive, especially on a 2v1. I've managed to get to grips with all the combos and still trying to perfect the shoulder pin for the bleed. Seems abit hit and miss to time it right.

On the other hand with the new gameplay improvements coming it should become alot better to play.

Improvements are as follows:

-Light Attacks: reduced recovery time
-Light Chains: reduced time between attacks
-Pouncing Thrust & Hunter’s Strike: Increased damage and link options after those moves
-Shield Crush: add link to Light Attack chains
-Hunter’s Rush: reduced recovery time

For the full list of game improvements here is the thread. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements

With these changes i'd say the Valkyrie is going to be much quicker with those light attacks aswell as hitting harder which is something the Valkyrie definitely needed.

Lufury
02-17-2017, 06:31 PM
She has ONLY speed problems. did you see any Character that is gonna get Guard broken when he gets a light attack BLOCKED? Its insane. The Speedbuff will help alot. Btw Prestige 4 Valkyrie talking here.

Drekle
02-17-2017, 06:32 PM
Well the reason I was drawn to the character was because it reminded me of Achilles. I would just love a viking male that fights the same way.

Achilles seems closer to a spartan. There was some debate over a spartan-like hero appearing in this game. It just seems over done in games today.

Drekle
02-17-2017, 06:34 PM
She has ONLY speed problems. did you see any Character that is gonna get Guard broken when he gets a light attack BLOCKED? Its insane. The Speedbuff will help alot. Btw Prestige 4 Valkyrie talking here.

This isn't really a speed buff. I would have liked to see a small speed buff. There is still a large chance that you will struggle getting your first attack off. What this does help with however is the fact that this character is super reliant on finishers. She does poor damage outside of her finisher abilities and her sweep is a big portion of her utility as well.

Lufury
02-17-2017, 06:39 PM
This isn't really a speed buff. I would have liked to see a small speed buff. There is still a large chance that you will struggle getting your first attack off. What this does help with however is the fact that this character is super reliant on finishers. She does poor damage outside of her finisher abilities and her sweep is a big portion of her utility as well.

-Light Attacks: reduced recovery time
-Hunterís Rush: reduced recovery time

GreenRanger XI
02-17-2017, 07:28 PM
Achilles seems closer to a spartan. There was some debate over a spartan-like hero appearing in this game. It just seems over done in games today.

Her fighting style more so than her looks. And he was a myrmidon wasn't he?