PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with blocking

Forhorror
02-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Hello,

So I'm having a little issue with the blocking system in the game. People kept hitting me even though I change my guard to their attacks. So I decided to capture my gameplay to see what I'm doing wrong. From the footage that I captured, I saw that 30% of the enemy attacks straight up go through my blocks. Those are heavy attacks, not unblockable and they hit me through my Valkyre's shield for full damage. My character even starts the animation to block the attack, but the attack goes through.

My ping is green and so is my enemies. Any idea what might be causing this issue?

frank1ller
02-17-2017, 05:56 PM
same but it only happen againt berserk and nobushi. also with some peacekeeper

JuedBerros
02-17-2017, 06:04 PM
I think due to the games nature of being peer to peer host advantage exists, so things like that happen. The game is in need of dedicated servers.

Roman672
02-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Perhaps you could post the capture. It's sometimes hard to recreate what you speak of. I play Kensei and run into blocking issue simply because I moved the stick that direction by not fast enough. Also, if you happen to be attempting a parry at the moment you are moving for the block, you void your block.

Vordred
02-17-2017, 06:29 PM
Block does not feel a little sluggish to how it used to be, it almost feels like there is more recovery frames after blocking or being hit, not letting you change guard quick enough for fast attackers

Forhorror
02-17-2017, 06:39 PM
Here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SdIAPDBY3k

I doubt it's a delay issue, since the block stance stayed for quite a while.

Edit: Now that I see it, perhaps the damage from the block killed me. It's a bad example, I'll try to find something better.

DBLxxShotz
02-17-2017, 06:44 PM
Here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SdIAPDBY3k

I doubt it's a delay issue, since the block stance stayed for quite a while.

Edit: Now that I see it, perhaps the damage from the block killed me. It's a bad example, I'll try to find something better.

Definitely block damage but i have noticed blocking does feel sluggish and a bit off compared to the beta but not with all characters.

notorious879
02-17-2017, 06:48 PM
I think it is intended, i am playing warden, and on my chest piece there is a stat know as " block damage " i've reasearched a lot theese last three days, and apparantly, it does not reduce the damage I take, but it does increase the damage i do to ennemy who block me, cause u always take damage even when u block.

Coupled, with my maxed out epic sword full damage, yeah, even with block, new player still take one bar of life out, even if they block.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 06:49 PM
Not all heroes move their blocking side at the same speed.

For instance Orochi blocks faster than Shugoki.

DBLxxShotz
02-17-2017, 06:53 PM
I think it is intended, i am playing warden, and on my chest piece there is a stat know as " block damage " i've reasearched a lot theese last three days, and apparantly, it does not reduce the damage I take, but it does increase the damage i do to ennemy who block me, cause u always take damage even when u block.

Coupled, with my maxed out epic sword full damage, yeah, even with block, new player still take one bar of life out, even if they block.

Those dont matter in duel/brawl modes.

DBLxxShotz
02-17-2017, 06:55 PM
Not all heroes move their blocking side at the same speed.

For instance Orochi blocks faster than Shugoki.

This is true but im a Warden guy and blocking feels different. It could be that they slowed his blocking which goes into what youre saying.

Forhorror
02-17-2017, 06:58 PM
Here's a better example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQVOj3QGgMA

EDIT
02-17-2017, 07:31 PM
Here's a better example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQVOj3QGgMA

I main Warden, and this blocking bug happens to me very often. It definitely changed from what we had in the open beta. The fighting system in this game is currently broken.

fariic
02-17-2017, 07:42 PM
I noticed the same thing on my kensei. I'll have everything were it needs to be, not be pressing any buttons, and I will take regular damage from blockable attacks as if I'm not blocking.

They changed things between the beta and release, and they didn't tell anyone. They did the same thing to GB counters as well, which is why people are having a hard time stopping GB spammers.

VoadorHolandes
02-17-2017, 07:46 PM
I've been playing conqueror, and nevermind the slower stance change, i've been having this problem a lot. I'm not sure what's up. It's so weird that they have a beta the day before it launches and somehow the full game feels worse than before.

CuD_
02-17-2017, 08:01 PM
First video is chip/block damage, that final hit did enough to kill you, so you did block it, but got chipped down.

Second video is what is driving me nuts!!! If our block is unavailable due to recovery frames we need some sort of indication on the UI that this is the case. These did not seem to be an issue in CB and OB, but they are really making me crazy because I have ZERO way of knowing if I was in a recovery frame, how long my recovery lasts, etc so I can get a sense of the timing and maybe just know that a hit would be expected.

Anaccord
02-17-2017, 08:48 PM

Items dont't work 1v1 duels -_-

Droodlesaurus
02-17-2017, 08:50 PM
With multiplayer games there will always be a backlagg for someone. It's like 0.05 seconds but if you switch your block at the last second it won't work. because on his system you didn't switch yet. Problem is that players usually have less time to change stance because of this backlagg which makes things worse. In a few weeks they'll probably have servers and things will run smoothly

Kylar.Z
02-17-2017, 09:11 PM
the hit already happened before it showed up on your screen.

Gojema
02-17-2017, 09:11 PM
[...]
i really canīt figure out why the top heavy hit, i did not press anything and was not stunned. there seems to be indeed something off.You moved your block to the right side just in that moment and the netcode decided that you didn't block top.

TL24SS
02-17-2017, 09:38 PM
Thanks for posting up these additional videos, I've included them in my Suggestion & Feedback post as well: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1581611-Blocking-is-broken-PROOF

Feel free to post additional examples in there.