PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a single match up in duel of the same lvl

neogeo___
02-17-2017, 12:16 PM
have 2 herores lvled up

atm 10 and 11, constantly playing against reps 2 and 3

matches are tight but wtf ubi?!

will I have lvls 9 and 10 to beat up when I get to rep 1?

I'm constantly dueling the same 3/4 guys

awresome match matchmaking, kudos

bsftsfk
02-17-2017, 12:20 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1581396-Matchmaking-(especially-for-modes-with-gear-score)-should-reset-between-heroes?

neogeo___
02-17-2017, 12:30 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1581396-Matchmaking-(especially-for-modes-with-gear-score)-should-reset-between-heroes?

duel has no gear score

your point?!?

King-Squish
02-17-2017, 12:34 PM
duel has no gear score

your point?!?

lol without gear level character level only tells you how long someone's been playing, not there skill level.

neogeo___
02-17-2017, 12:47 PM
lol without gear level character level only tells you how long someone's been playing, not there skill level.

awesome, playing story mode or just leaving the ****ing game open counts as time played

cheers cherlock

not wanting to be toxic but this is ****ing messed up

only play against the same ppl, I'm lvl 12 and they are all reps 2 , 3 4, 5

seriously, F U ubi! is this your matchmaking? a hand full of ppl? thanks a lot

Plutonium Bug
02-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Take a breath mate. When duelling 1v1 where it sais low activity you got a good chance to get against the same people yes. If these people are Rep 1,2,3 it just means they played that character a lot and know what they are doing. As you said in your first post matches are tight. Meaning you don't lose them all. The matchmaking tries to find on skill first and if you as a level ten fight as a rep 1,2,3 you will find people that play this game way longer because you're on their skill level. And if you play better people you will get better faster as well as slaying noobs doesn't teach you anything

Hackfraysn
02-17-2017, 12:52 PM
duel has no gear score

your point?!?

Experience level is his point. What's yours?

Plutonium Bug
02-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Skill based matchmaking

Hackfraysn
02-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Skill based matchmaking

My first game in for honor was literally vs 2 prestige 2 and a prestige 1. Very lopsided and unenjoyable. Didn't get better from there...

neogeo___
02-17-2017, 01:09 PM
My first game in for honor was literally vs 2 prestige 2 and a prestige 1. Very lopsided and unenjoyable. Didn't get better from there...

I', here talking about duel matchups, the simplest and easiest way to MMR and you bring up team match ups as an example? gtfo seriously, you're only adding 0 to the discussion, you're also pretending to be good while probably you are nothing close to it

I'm lvl 12, constantly, more than 50 duels, being matchmaked against the same ppl 4 times and above my lvl, seems unfair, seems ridiculous, isn't that much fun, sure you learn, but if I knew I was going to take this punishment by playing the story mode upon release needing a break from all the PvP since the alpha, I would of just went in the PvP! time played in story mode should not amount to anything in PvP! that simple, played the story in hard and it was the easiest thing to do honestly, didn't want to go realistic so I wouldn't "unlearn" being careful and watchful of the marker

if this is fair F ubi! it's one sided! I wanna get to rep 2 and 3 and have lvls 10's to play against!

obviously no scrub, but having only players with quadruple or more the time I have in PvP is obviously unfair! Paid for the game! Seems I need to play baddly to lvl up faster and easiear! get your **** together ubi! pls! and fix the Fing balance! as far as duel is concerned it is no good, how this **** gets throught testing IDK but seriously, tight maps with bash and trip abilities without decent stamina cost? should I have a move to just jump off the ledge and kill myself? you can counter it, but risk/reward ratio is seriously unbalanced! thanks a lot, do I have to play the obvious meta less than a week from release?! Jesus Fing christ!

Peligrad
02-17-2017, 01:09 PM
This game has had pretty bad matchmaking right along.

I had a 95.5% win rate in the OB and was still getting matched against people who were obviously inexperienced at the end of OB.

I still have a 95.5% win rate and I'm still getting matched against people who are obviously inexperienced...

The game is not new-player friendly at all. I was fortunate enough to be playing since alpha. But my friends who started in OB struggled and quit. I have one friend who started at release and he's floundering.

Of course the fact that the grouping system works only half the time and you disconnect from your game every third match doesn't help.

It's tough enough as an experienced player to play on these garbage pier to pier servers where parry and gb timings are terribly inconsistent. I can't imagine trying to do it as a new player who doesn't even know how things are "supposed to" work.

neogeo___
02-17-2017, 01:47 PM
This game has had pretty bad matchmaking right along.

I had a 95.5% win rate in the OB and was still getting matched against people who were obviously inexperienced at the end of OB.

I still have a 95.5% win rate and I'm still getting matched against people who are obviously inexperienced...

The game is not new-player friendly at all. I was fortunate enough to be playing since alpha. But my friends who started in OB struggled and quit. I have one friend who started at release and he's floundering.

Of course the fact that the grouping system works only half the time and you disconnect from your game every third match doesn't help.

It's tough enough as an experienced player to play on these garbage pier to pier servers where parry and gb timings are terribly inconsistent. I can't imagine trying to do it as a new player who doesn't even know how things are "supposed to" work.

I'm a alpha tester, I know how things work, still I can't help but think that may have something to do with my complain here

sure, I know how to play the game, but should I be constatly paired up against the same rep 3 players?

is this because of time played as another user suggested? does this make sense? PvE counting towards matchmaking? or even testing the game penalizing your experience and matchmakingm specially with new heroes etc? in duel mode? ffs give me a break

this doesn't make any sense at all

e.Key
02-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Well nobody knows how their matchmaking works but most likely they do use a hidden mmr. If your gear or rep level is as well calculated in the matchmaking... nobody knows.
Would love to hear a statement from ubisoft regarding this.
But OP, stop crying that you play highler level people. The rank has absolutely no meaning when it comes to the skill level.

neogeo___
02-18-2017, 07:29 AM
Well nobody knows how their matchmaking works but most likely they do use a hidden mmr. If your gear or rep level is as well calculated in the matchmaking... nobody knows.
Would love to hear a statement from ubisoft regarding this.
But OP, stop crying that you play highler level people. The rank has absolutely no meaning when it comes to the skill level.

Tripke WoW. Tha game's out for 3 days I start playing PvP only to be matched exclusively to rep players, most 2/3, at some point always playing against the same 5 ppl?

Crying? Because I'm being matched up against the no lifers, I'd understand if I was around their lvl, but being half the lvl in the very least, I honestly don't understand and am quite frustrated.

As I sse it, once you get passed a certain MMR the game starts disregarding the minimum interval needed to match 2 players, if I'm right that's very unfair

T_Djinn_T
02-18-2017, 07:37 AM
have 2 herores lvled up

atm 10 and 11, constantly playing against reps 2 and 3

matches are tight but wtf ubi?!

will I have lvls 9 and 10 to beat up when I get to rep 1?

I'm constantly dueling the same 3/4 guys

awresome match matchmaking, kudos

I would rather fight a prestige 10 of pretty much anything. Than play another Warden PK Orochi or Berserker...
I've played 34 duels tonight. I've fought 16 orochis 6 berserkers 9 PK and 3 Wardens
I would ask why they're the only class anyone in the entire game plays. But it's self explanitory. All three assassins do nothing but spam dodge. And warden is the strongest class in the game.
For having 12 heroes in the game it's a pretty abysmally small selection pool when you click that 1v1 button

Butter.Chicken
02-18-2017, 08:27 AM
Problem might be due to peer to peer network architecture please sign and share https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-for-honor-dedicated-servers?recruiter=78606270&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

neogeo___
02-18-2017, 03:05 PM
Problem might be due to peer to peer network architecture please sign and share https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-for-honor-dedicated-servers?recruiter=78606270&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Buddy it has absolutely nothing to do with the type of connection they use. Be it dedicated or listen servers

Trying to actually discuss an issue here. Go gather signatures somewhere else pls

I would rather fight a prestige 10 of pretty much anything. Than play another Warden PK Orochi or Berserker...
I've played 34 duels tonight. I've fought 16 orochis 6 berserkers 9 PK and 3 Wardens
I would ask why they're the only class anyone in the entire game plays. But it's self explanitory. All three assassins do nothing but spam dodge. And warden is the strongest class in the game.
For having 12 heroes in the game it's a pretty abysmally small selection pool when you click that 1v1 button

I've definitely noticed that, and it has been my opinion since the alpha that assassins need to have proper stamina costs to avoid light attack spam, proper dodge timing to bring it closer to a decent risk/reward ratio and probably decent hit and block recovery penalties so that they have to be skilled and time their attacks instead of button mashing

On console it gets worse, you see a lot of players that spin their analog and are successful. Players on this forum don't help discuss this in a civil and decent manner. The git gud type of response is overwhelming. Sure I can try to counter pick, sure I can counter play, but still it is a lot more demanding of those that play the least used selection and are forced to defend and time counter than it is for those that spam. and don't get me start about warden, that shoulder bash is pretty much ridiculous.

It's either be a scrub, rage quit to pad stats, or be a frustrated player, even when you win it's frustrating.

Seriously disappointed in the game and this ridiculous excuse of matchmaking. Ubi you really need to get it together

Zv1k0
02-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Why are you constantly bringing up you are facing prestige 2,3 players? It has NOTHING to do with how good they are. NOTHING. If you get paired with someone who is same skill as you(which you do if you say matches are close) than it doesnt matter what prestige they are with certain character. When you get a match, sistem doesnt know which character your opponet will pick. Maybe he has a character prestige 7 but will pick a character who he hasnt played yet. But you dont know that he's got a lot of experience with other characters with prestiges 4,5,6,10,20 and he maybe practiced this lvl 1 character for 20hours against bot in practice. You see where im going with this? Your arguments dont have anything to do with matchmaking. You can win with your lvl 1 character against prestige 10 opponet if you are just better at the game and you practiced that character for a while in practice mode so you understand it well. I just started to play Nobushi today and defeated couple of prestige 2,3 PKs and Wardens.

Stankyfoot
02-18-2017, 03:53 PM
Play more 2v2's. Its a good way of getting your feet wet against better players while still having a bit of a security blanket in a partner (especially if you're matched with a monster)

neogeo___
02-18-2017, 04:12 PM
Why are you constantly bringing up you are facing prestige 2,3 players? It has NOTHING to do with how good they are. NOTHING. If you get paired with someone who is same skill as you(which you do if you say matches are close) than it doesnt matter what prestige they are with certain character. When you get a match, sistem doesnt know which character your opponet will pick. Maybe he has a character prestige 7 but will pick a character who he hasnt played yet. But you dont know that he's got a lot of experience with other characters with prestiges 4,5,6,10,20 and he maybe practiced this lvl 1 character for 20hours against bot in practice. You see where im going with this? Your arguments dont have anything to do with matchmaking. You can win with your lvl 1 character against prestige 10 opponet if you are just better at the game and you practiced that character for a while in practice mode so you understand it well. I just started to play Nobushi today and defeated couple of prestige 2,3 PKs and Wardens.

I'm really sorry to say but it's common sense that being higher lvl has something to do with how good you are. It's not linear, and it does vary, but logic suggests that the more time you spend doing something, the better you get at it. Or is this only in my neck of the woods?

I have said I'm being matched up with players that have 4x and more my lvl, so 4x or more the time I've spent in PvP, and also getting the same players over and over again. Which is dumb tbh.

It's unfair to play against others with such a difference in time spent in PvP, specially in a low lvl like lvl 10. And it's also pretty dumb to back out of a match and play against the same dude.
When I opened this thread, I was constantly playing against the same 3 ppl, with 6 and 8 times my lvl. Although it's possible to beat anyone at whatever lvl, I'd say it's pretty dumb and a blunt example of bad MMR. So I have good performance but only a fraction of the games played that equate to the same MMR but I'm still match against such odds?! Makes sense

neogeo___
02-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Play more 2v2's. Its a good way of getting your feet wet against better players while still having a bit of a security blanket in a partner (especially if you're matched with a monster)

Not a problem of winning or losing. It's a problem of seemingly not having a fair and decent match up.

I'm not one of those players that is constantly rage quitting to pad stats and ruining it for everyone else.

These for me are issues that frustrate players and really take a lot of fun out of this game

Zv1k0
02-18-2017, 04:25 PM
I'm really sorry to say but it's common sense that being higher lvl has something to do with how good you are. It's not linear, and it does vary, but logic suggests that the more time you spend doing something, the better you get at it. Or is this only in my neck of the woods?

I have said I'm being matched up with players that have 4x and more my lvl, so 4x or more the time I've spent in PvP, and also getting the same players over and over again. Which is dumb tbh.

It's unfair to play against others with such a difference in time spent in PvP, specially in a low lvl like lvl 10. And it's also pretty dumb to back out of a match and play against the same dude.
When I opened this thread, I was constantly playing against the same 3 ppl, with 6 and 8 times my lvl. Although it's possible to beat anyone at whatever lvl, I'd say it's pretty dumb and a blunt example of bad MMR. So I have good performance but only a fraction of the games played that equate to the same MMR but I'm still match against such odds?! Makes sense

You did say that. You also said you have played alpha which not a lot of people did meaning they didnt spend that more time in game than you. More like the same or even less. You also said that your matches with this people are close meaning you are the same skill level with them. So stop talking about levels and prestiges of their characters cause its pointless. Only valid complaint you have is getting matched with same players over and over again. I'll give you that and i believe its frustrating and I hope it gets fixed in future.

neogeo___
02-18-2017, 05:08 PM
You did say that. You also said you have played alpha which not a lot of people did meaning they didnt spend that more time in game than you. More like the same or even less. You also said that your matches with this people are close meaning you are the same skill level with them. So stop talking about levels and prestiges of their characters cause its pointless. Only valid complaint you have is getting matched with same players over and over again. I'll give you that and i believe its frustrating and I hope it gets fixed in future.

Lmao, so being a tester should be penalized? Makes sense. Following your own argument being a tester equates to skill the same way lvl would.

Come one, I just love this forum halfassed logic users insist on using.

Being constantly matched up, in a 1v1 game type, against players with such a huge lvl difference isn't a valid argument, Next thing you'll say that balance is perfect for 1v1. gtfo

Zv1k0
02-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Lmao, so being a tester should be penalized? Makes sense. Following your own argument being a tester equates to skill the same way lvl would.

Come one, I just love this forum halfassed logic users insist on using.

Being constantly matched up, in a 1v1 game type, against players with such a huge lvl difference isn't a valid argument, Next thing you'll say that balance is perfect for 1v1. gtfo

Yo stop putting word in my mouth seriously...never said you should be penalized wtf is wrong with you. Im just saying you spend a lot of time in this game even before we could try it. I dont know if that is true but if it is you cant use that excuse that they just played more. And even if they did they clearly arent as good as you will be after you reach their time of play considering you are already beating them now. So i dont know why you enabled your flaming mode now...all im trying to say is your arguments cant be valid because there are so many factors with it that proves you wrong. Im done here..dont wanna start a pointless shower of insults..

neogeo___
02-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Yo stop putting word in my mouth seriously...never said you should be penalized wtf is wrong with you. Im just saying you spend a lot of time in this game even before we could try it. I dont know if that is true but if it is you cant use that excuse that they just played more. And even if they did they clearly arent as good as you will be after you reach their time of play considering you are already beating them now. So i dont know why you enabled your flaming mode now...all im trying to say is your arguments cant be valid because there are so many factors with it that proves you wrong. Im done here..dont wanna start a pointless shower of insults..

Debating skills? 0... jumps to insult, straw mans and acuses others of flaming. Comprehension skills, close to none.

FYI all fighting games, and most games that use MMR have a cochin before pairing low lvl players against high lvl ones, to avoid exactly cases where a low lvl may reach a high MMR according to the formula used, but since the sample is too short to guarantee it's results, the cochin doesn't allow said match ups.

You argued exactly that since I was an alpha tester, being matched up against players over 4x my current account lvl was fair. Doesn't make any sense, nor does it have anything to do with fair and logical matchmaking.

I'm not winning every game. If anything, at the MMR I'm playing, I'm constantly playing against the same ppl, trying to exploit the same mechanics, which brings a lot of issues with balance tbh.

If you're anything like my friend I just went a lot of rounds up against, that is rep 3 maining warden, has a considerably high W/L ratio, you'de also say everything is fine, balanced and fair. Sure, with the lack of block, parry, guard break and timed dodge he needs at his MMR he doesn't have an issue with most mechanics, balancing and matchmaking. He couldn't win a single match or round. Afterwards, and me explaining how to take advantage of certain mechanics and exploit other features in game for his char and duel game type, he started agreeing with me.

This here is the problem with the community atm. Most players that talk and argue with full conviction, really understand and have very little experience in this game and the genre to start with.

Fixes and tweaks are needed and have been needed for a long time. Less than a week in and scrub game play and a narrow meta are already obvious. But the real issues are yet to be discussed and have their own spotlight. Instead they are announcing a fix for GB that tbh was perfectly fine and will just help further the dominance of the already advantageous chars.

In regard to your shower of insults comment kid, the only one resorting to insults here was yourself. How can you even say that with a straight face beats me, but that's the millennial way of debating. Cheers bud

WTWR_Zydrate
02-18-2017, 08:38 PM
I'm almost rep 3 and I'm garbage, it's sometimes just a "time invested" rather than a skill level.
Yes, I'd probably crush someone with only two hours playtime but once a player figures out their moveset, they usually surpass me pretty quickly. I still need to learn how to do that stunlock bash spam everyone else seems to be able to do on me.

neogeo___
02-18-2017, 09:25 PM
I'm almost rep 3 and I'm garbage, it's sometimes just a "time invested" rather than a skill level.
Yes, I'd probably crush someone with only two hours playtime but once a player figures out their moveset, they usually surpass me pretty quickly. I still need to learn how to do that stunlock bash spam everyone else seems to be able to do on me.

No doubt, if anything my friend is a rep 3 player and a very good example of that. He just can't win against me no matter the match up or tactics he employs. But his W/L and K/D ares more than half higher than my own

But as a player that knows and goes against others that also know how to tech break, block, parry, time dodge effectively, how to interrupt in a specific match up, who has the fastest top, side, light attack, which moves are guaranteed hits, etc, you start getting really frustrated really quick when you can't catch a break and see very few variety in opponents. Some players don't even explore this depth in the game, since other couple of tactics are as effective as long as they avoid being to predictable. Many of them you even learn the nickname from repetition. At this point, other than what for me are serious mechanic issues that clearly show at a higher lvl, you start wondering if the difference in lvl in the match up is fair.

I never like to play the considered common and most advantageous chars. Starting to get so frustrated I consider doing the same as everybody else I play up against is doing.