PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Patch - Didn't they miss something?

m0u-1337
02-17-2017, 09:36 AM
They forgot about Lawbringer and Raider, which are in fact still underperforming. Instead, they buff PK und Conqueror, which are OP atm.

Whats the point of that, please?

supermaldo93
02-17-2017, 09:40 AM
What they need to do is not buff or nerf any specific character, and start altering the general mechanics of the game. Parry and GB is ridiculous. Being guard broken in the middle of an attack shouldn't happen. Either the GB is broken, or ubi needs to get those dedicated servers up and running to improve connection.

m0u-1337
02-17-2017, 09:48 AM
Point is making small changes and adjusting step by step or otherwise you will never finish resolving issues.

They buff the already damn strong conqueror prior to balance the underpowered chars? Thats not what i call "adjusting".

inthe0ry
02-17-2017, 09:54 AM
Lets acknowledge the changes they ARE making (which are great in my opinion) and let that give us hope that they are continuously working to make this game and community last.

zkorejo
02-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Its not a buff to PK its a fix. There's a difference.

m0u-1337
02-17-2017, 10:20 AM
Right. PK deals more dmg after the "fix". Maybe they should "fix" the lawbringer and the raider, too.

SpencinatorGG
02-17-2017, 10:32 AM
guardbreak is really easy to avoid and if you give the enemy a free guardbreak trough a parry youre the one to blame, but lets leave that and talk about the peacekeeper dmg with the bleed

yes it deals a good amount of dmg but what could other chars do with a guardbreak ? look at nobushi, a heavy after guardbreak is free and takes around 40-50% health of a orochi (but why arent you crying about that?)
and furthermore you can even block the second and third stab of a peacekeeper do reduce the dmg which again takes skill (i guess you didnt knew that) and now some more examples for the guardbreak follow ups: warden guardbreaks throws you into a wall and gets a free top heavy, which again deals alot of dmg (not as much as nobushi) and the berserker does the same !

long **** short: every character in this game has a strong follow up for a guardbreak, its just the punishment, git gud

Sirrkas
02-17-2017, 10:34 AM
Right. PK deals more dmg after the "fix". Maybe they should "fix" the lawbringer and the raider, too.

So it woulnd't be broken, if all characters combos would deal just for the first part of the combo damage? You are aware, that the peacekeeper currently is better of, doing attacks instead of grabs after a guardbreak? That is basically, as if she would not be able to stab at all.

Knight_Raime
02-17-2017, 10:45 AM
1) it's not a buff. it's a fix. the person was always supposed to do that damage.
2) it's not buffing either character. being able to get a free GB off of a block isn't supposed to be a thing for anyone.
3) Lawbringer isn't suffering anywhere majorly. plenty of people are doing just fine with him.
4) raiders problem isn't a simple fix.

VinDieseII69
02-17-2017, 11:04 AM
They forgot about Lawbringer and Raider, which are in fact still underperforming. Instead, they buff PK und Conqueror, which are OP atm.

what makes you think they buff PK? more like the ****ed it up by making it useless..play the game first before coming on here and make false statements

Varicose_Veins
02-17-2017, 11:08 AM
It escapes me why the Raider is getting no mention at all in the latest update from Ubi.

Few people would disagree he is the weakest duel/brawl option.

Leon026
02-17-2017, 11:32 AM
People whine about the Orochi. Oh man, wait till they see the triple stab damage after the fix....

Salt_is_Real
02-17-2017, 11:45 AM

underperforming? Mate, I'am wining with Lawbringer in duels and Brawls like 75% matches, how is he underperformed?

m0u-1337
02-17-2017, 11:58 AM
I have no deep knowledge about the LB as i main the raider. But i can see that the LB is quite equal to me if i face one in 1vs1 what makes me say he is nearly as bad as the raider is in 1vs1 situations. Still, three hits plus bleeding of each from the PK are way to much.

Duckbit
02-17-2017, 12:10 PM
Wtf are you people crying about Raider? He's fine. I have no problems while performing as a raider.

ZechsMarquizy
02-17-2017, 12:53 PM
lol, people think they do just fine with w/e hero they using... hahahahahaha

Yea untill you start facing real players, with real skill. Then you will learn REAL quick just how bad Lawbringer and Raider is... Not only will YOU "who is obviously lacking in High level of play experience" get REKT but you won't even stand a chance just in the simple fact you chose to be a LawLbringer or a Raider.

I laugh every time I see one in a duel...

Flello
02-17-2017, 12:59 PM
I really don't get why people keep complaining about the PK, if anything she's seriously underpowered right now. Yes I main PK, and I've had enough hours sunk into her to know that we are at a big disadvantage against an evenly skilled player.

The damage output is laughable, by the time you get them to half health they've already called for backup (assuming 4v4 modes). And 1v1 you have to work twice as hard as your opponent to outplay their defence since GB follow ups do barely any damage. And to everyone that keeps saying she's getting buffed, she's not, she's getting fixed. Anyone who struggles against her now, you best learn to play because she'll destroy you once she's fixed, sorry, "buffed."

Devil_Inside85
02-17-2017, 01:15 PM
When it the update coming?

Lufury
02-17-2017, 01:16 PM

you cant really buff lawbringer... the only thing they have to change on the lawbringer is his combo its a bit too slow and blockable

Peligrad
02-17-2017, 01:17 PM
Can I get a link to these "patch notes"?

I'm not seeing it...

Knight_Raime
02-17-2017, 01:32 PM

Yea untill you start facing real players, with real skill. Then you will learn REAL quick just how bad Lawbringer and Raider is... Not only will YOU "who is obviously lacking in High level of play experience" get REKT but you won't even stand a chance just in the simple fact you chose to be a LawLbringer or a Raider.

True fits that bill. and he's done great with lawbringer.
check your attitude at the door.

awolcz
02-17-2017, 01:35 PM
3) Lawbringer isn't suffering anywhere majorly. plenty of people are doing just fine with him.

Lawbringer is suffering. Light, heavy and unblockable attacks from combos are slow and can be easily dodged. Light attack is even so slow that it can not counter GB. Shove does not stun enemy long enough to perform attack. All attacks consume large amount of stamina. He is good in skirmishes and dominion, but not good in duels, unless you are playing against some noob who does not know how to dodge an attack.

TatoRezo
02-17-2017, 01:46 PM
underperforming? Mate, I'am wining with Lawbringer in duels and Brawls like 75% matches, how is he underperformed?

Hey that is ******** logic. I main Raider and can now win 80% of my matches, but that doesn't mean that he is good, it just means that I am much better with that character than my opponent is with his. The strategy I use with him can be done with every character but much better. An uninterruptable + unblockabl zone, or a free heavy after wallstun or GB would make him viable imo, also Frames on attacks and movement Frames if decreased will be much better as well, but that will just make him faster, when he is supposed to be slow hard hitting one.

TatoRezo
02-17-2017, 01:55 PM

You guys seem to forget something, a good player will win with anything. Sonicfox will most likely win with ALL MKX characters against high end players. That doesn't mean that the game is balanced. It just means that he is good. So is True (not godtier like sonicfox but ya).
When talking about balance we must first look at what tools the characters have exclusively and universally. As I stated I win agaisnt high top tier players with my raider too, but only using basic parry free light attacks because anything else I do is very very easily countrabale/avoidable.

Meksikinietis
02-17-2017, 01:56 PM

I'm not seeing it...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements

Meksikinietis
02-17-2017, 01:57 PM

I'm not seeing it...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements

PrinceOfTea
02-17-2017, 02:07 PM
The Conqueror "buff" is that people no longer get free GBs on you after blocking one of your lights?

:confused:

Shinimas
02-17-2017, 02:15 PM
what makes you think they buff PK? more like the ****ed it up by making it useless..play the game first before coming on here and make false statements

PK was still one of the top 3 classes in the game thanks to the fastest lights and instant unpunishable zone attack. How about you play the game first?

PackingMoney
02-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Why is everyone crying about PK getting her 3 stabs back. She is supposed to do damage for all of them, but there is a bug where it only applies to the 1st one, therefore it is a fix not a buff. Also they are all block able once she grabs you.

Varicose_Veins
02-17-2017, 02:18 PM
Wtf are you people crying about Raider? He's fine. I have no problems while performing as a raider.

Do you duel or brawl?

Can't wait to see how many Raiders are listed in the top of the rankings and stats when they appear.

Anyone want to take a bet that the Raider will have the worst overall stats, assuming Ubi do nothing to fix the Raider?

TBH_Saeko_Irri
02-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Patch notes ?

Knight_Raime
02-17-2017, 02:34 PM

Gashybashy
02-17-2017, 02:52 PM
1)

Right, he just does everything he does worse than everyone else. Not suffering majorly anywhere at all. It's obviously meant to be that the counter attacker and parry class can't even punish those and is forced to use only part of his kit because most of it is way too ****ing slow, or hell, that he can't even handle a light attack spam from the faster characters in different directions because his guard change is for some reason slower than everyone else as well. I'm sure it's fully intended that his attacks are slower than a Shugoki and yet he has nothing to compensate for this like the Shugoki does.

Jarnhand
02-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Do you duel or brawl?

Can't wait to see how many Raiders are listed in the top of the rankings and stats when they appear.

Anyone want to take a bet that the Raider will have the worst overall stats, assuming Ubi do nothing to fix the Raider?

Do...not...feed...the...trolls!!!

Once again self copy, too tired of writing it:
A good player that learn all the moves etc, will do good on all classes, even the underpowered ones to a certain degree, but will completely stomp 'everyone' on a good class.
A mediocre/new player will do ok on a good class, but will get wrecked on a bad class.

And to anyone telling us how uber leet haxorz they are on their Raider; post vids etc of you playing vs good players, not vs noobs or group stomping in XvsX mode, plain and simple 1vs1 vs good players. Then we will talk...

darksavior1977
02-17-2017, 03:04 PM
I'd rather they patch what they have a ready solution for now instead of rush patch job Lawbringer, he needs help, and it needs to be well done, not rushed.

KindMan2236
02-17-2017, 03:12 PM
Can we all just agree that stamina consumption is just far too high on lawbringer? iI Ubisoft just address that one issue they'd be nipping one of the biggest issues with lawbringer.

Swiftstrike76
02-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Glad to see all the PK users be happy as little girls now they can stab stab stab. Bleeed. No problem in the fix. Especially now can kill you in 2/3 hits if can get the move off. Fairly easy with her speed. I would increase stamina use with move and each stab so that pk users have to be mindful of spamming.

OneLaw4you
02-17-2017, 03:38 PM
Can we all just agree that stamina consumption is just far too high on lawbringer? iI Ubisoft just address that one issue they'd be nipping one of the biggest issues
with lawbringer. as a lb main yes. I hate having to stack stamina

Cryptic_Ophion
02-17-2017, 03:40 PM

One of the first tournaments won on PC was by a Lawbringer. And that was high level, probably higher than you'd get considering it's a tournament.

TheMalakith
02-17-2017, 03:52 PM
One of the first tournaments won on PC was by a Lawbringer. And that was high level, probably higher than you'd get considering it's a tournament.

Which means he was a better player than his adversaries. He'd most likely have done better on any other character.

Necromyrez
02-17-2017, 06:07 PM
Which means he was a better player than his adversaries. He'd most likely have done better on any other character.

Point of order. You cannot do better than winning. .....it's 1st place.

KindMan2236
02-18-2017, 07:39 AM
If the GB improvement is a "fix" it should be prioritized almost immediately to a hotfix, we shouldn't have to wait for a resolve on this one issue.

CryFree410
02-18-2017, 08:02 AM
The game just came out they have been working on this for a long time dont you ******s think they balanced it before hand everything is balanced to a core you whiny crybabys can't adapt like always nerf this buff that no how about you stop trying to get a character you like a advantage and get good yall suck if you can't adapt then take the game back and do me and the development team a favor........

IronMarla
02-18-2017, 08:28 AM
They're not buffing the PK, they're fixing a bug they introduced with the beta->live patch. They nerfed PK damage, but they definitely didn't intend to make their second and third stab do literally nothing. That's silly.

Also, they're buffing the **** out of Valk, which super duper needs it.

I definitely think LB could use help also, but for real, they're not just ignoring all the problems, and it's possible that the post they made on the forums is partial-only.

Te_Wheke
02-18-2017, 08:48 AM
From a software point of view, fixing a bug is much easier than making balance changes because you only have to test if it's working as intended because you've already know the impact it will have. Balance changes are harder because you need to do a lot of play testing to figure out what the impact is and if there are any unintended consequences (even then these often emerge after release anyway). So it looks like other than bug fixes (these are not buffs) they are focussing on the Valkyrie first in terms of balance changes, at this point they really shouldn't also try ad rebalance other characters because it makes it too hard to gauge the impact of the balance changes and the likelihood of there being unintended consequences sky rockets.

I know RTS and MOBAs make wholesale balance changes but they have a lot ore data to work, more characters/units which means slow iterative changes would take years to balance, and the fact that often their patches result in monstrous balance changes anyway. In short if the heroes remain weak they'll probably get to them soon.

Delectable_Sin
02-18-2017, 09:05 AM
Honestly, the Lawbringer is perfectly fine right now. Some of the toughest duels I have are against good Lawbringer players.

I do agree that the Raider is pretty horrible though.

The_B0G_
02-18-2017, 09:10 AM
I agree, I main Lawbringer, I've won in multiple 2v1 situations and even a couple times 3v1. Haven't won a 4v1 yet but I can hold on long enough for help to come usually.

Only thing I can think of for an improvement for him would be a little more range, it feels like that long pole axe has the same range as most other close range classes. His damage feels ok to me.

Mans7
02-18-2017, 09:46 AM
They buff PK?! Are you seriously??? Buy glasses, bro. They just few time ago NERFED (-75% of bleed) her, and in release game only ony unique technique was BROKEN (it's right now does ~20% of dmg it should, only 1 hit of bleed stab working, another 2 does 0 dmg and affect 0 bleed). So it's not a buff, it's a FIX.

Lawbringer is ok or maybe even a bit overpowered. Most of lawbringers use only 2 buttons to win. Unblockable punch -> heavy attack -> unblockable punch -> heavy attack.... This is so fast that you in 9 of 10 situations can not avoid this. And you think it should be buffed? It should be reworked to make behaviour like this impossible. Many other classes use only 2-3 hits, and stupidity spam them. THIS should be nerfed.

For example (strongly in my humble opinion), I would like see something like this in patch notes: usage same combo (or sequence of hits) in next 2-5 seconds should make less damage, and then players have to use different combos and moves, it will make battle more diverse. But I know Ubisoft never make this. This make game more hardcore. Most of players are hamsters. They run away only as they see any difficulty.

Actually (again in my opinion) should be nerfed ability to move another players through whole map on the shoulder or shield and drop you to gulf. There are too many areas where in all directions you have hole, and many players don't know how to fight, they stupidity throw you away. And this makes him "better" and "stronger" player, and he wins. Is it fair?

Raider is not underpowered. He is ok and pretty balanced, but if we consider above text, I would like tell he is OP only because most of players can not fight fair. I even tell you more - they trying play fair, fighting, but when they feels suck, they ran to nearest bridge or sort of. And you can guess what they do next to win. Dirty noobs...

KindMan2236
02-18-2017, 09:59 AM
They buff PK?! Are you seriously??? Buy glasses, bro. They just few time ago NERFED (-75% of bleed) her, and in release game only ony unique technique was BROKEN (it's right now does ~20% of dmg it should, only 1 hit of bleed stab working, another 2 does 0 dmg and affect 0 bleed). So it's not a buff, it's a FIX.

Lawbringer is ok or maybe even a bit overpowered. Most of lawbringers use only 2 buttons to win. Unblockable punch -> heavy attack -> unblockable punch -> heavy attack.... This is so fast that you in 9 of 10 situations can not avoid this. And you think it should be buffed? It should be reworked to make behaviour like this impossible. Many other classes use only 2-3 hits, and stupidity spam them. THIS should be nerfed.

For example (strongly in my humble opinion), I would like see something like this in patch notes: usage same combo (or sequence of hits) in next 2-5 seconds should make less damage, and then players have to use different combos and moves, it will make battle more diverse. But I know Ubisoft never make this. This make game more hardcore. Most of players are hamsters. They run away only as they see any difficulty.

Actually (again in my opinion) should be nerfed ability to move another players through whole map on the shoulder or shield and drop you to gulf. There are too many areas where in all directions you have hole, and many players don't know how to fight, they stupidity throw you away. And this makes him "better" and "stronger" player, and he wins. Is it fair?

Raider is not underpowered. He is ok and pretty balanced, but if we consider above text, I would like tell he is OP only because most of players can not fight fair. I even tell you more - they trying play fair, fighting, but when they feels suck, they ran to nearest bridge or sort of. And you can guess what they do next to win. Dirty noobs...

Oh dear you've never used lawbringer have you..?

PinkFingerr
02-18-2017, 10:55 AM
when will new patch come?

Ichnich89
02-18-2017, 11:17 AM

That will break the berserker. He relies on his infinite chain, which would deal no damage at all if they would do something like you proposed...

But really. If you're having trouble against someone using the same combos, you should learn the basics of the sifferent heroes.

Patch notes looks good in my opinion btw.

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 11:47 AM

That's right in theory but with the new ... old guard break mechanics, it could even out.

Right now, you need to hit the perfect moment to counter a gb. After the update, you can react on the animation and sound even before the 0.35 seconds time frame starts.