PDA

View Full Version : Gamepad Mapping

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 10:18 PM
This isn't a game killer or anything, but for some reason it won't let me bind a button on my gamepad to "walk toggle". It'll let me bind every single other thing, just not that. And it's kind of annoying having to bind a keyboard key to walk so I can get past spikes when I'm trying to use my gamepad. So, uh, any idea of how to fix that?

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 10:18 PM
This isn't a game killer or anything, but for some reason it won't let me bind a button on my gamepad to "walk toggle". It'll let me bind every single other thing, just not that. And it's kind of annoying having to bind a keyboard key to walk so I can get past spikes when I'm trying to use my gamepad. So, uh, any idea of how to fix that?

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 03:25 PM
I noticed that too and finally noticed that while using my game pad that if you hold the directional indicator on my gamepad, it has different speeds depending how hard you press the directional indicator. If you press the directional indicator very lightly, then he walks slower. If you press it hard, he runs. I noticed this by mistake. But perhaps that is why we can't map the walk toggle button.

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 03:25 PM
I noticed that too and finally noticed that while using my game pad that if you hold the directional indicator on my gamepad, it has different speeds depending how hard you press the directional indicator. If you press the directional indicator very lightly, then he walks slower. If you press it hard, he runs. I noticed this by mistake. But perhaps that is why we can't map the walk toggle button.

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Sorry, I website when to an error when I clicked post. So I retried posting it not realizing that it already posted my response. I ended up posting same reply twice. It was not my intension. Sorry about that.

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 09:56 PM
I noticed this same issue. I think perhaps if you are using an analog stick then it forces you to use it to controll your speed. However I can still press the shift button on the keyboard while using the analog stick in order to walk. It's kind of anoying, but by forcing us to use the analog stick we have to play it just like the people on the consoles. (they don't have a walk button and must use the analog stick)