PDA

View Full Version : Attackers always lose

Love.Handle
02-17-2017, 07:50 AM
Lets face it, everything in this game comes down to blocks, parry, and dodges. If you attack and miss ur ****ed...If you attack and they do of the other 3 I mentioned ur ****ed. Ive been in duels where we just keep moving back and forth to see who will make the first move and then wreck them because they did.

This game has some very limited abilities its not like mortal kombat. And to win fights all you have to do is wait for them to attack then counter.

I don't really care about all the other problems this game has this is the biggest to me. Whoever attacks first is always going to get wrecked by either a guard or a heavy or two quick light attacks. There's no way around it the attacker is staggered.

And its so easy to do. The attacks are predictable and easy to see coming. All you have to do is wait. Once they attack you just block or dodge and then **** em up.

If I'm wrong let me know... I'm on my way to third prestige and this is all I see.

Broken game.

TatoRezo
02-17-2017, 08:12 AM
Ya, makes you wish this game had sometihng like feinting right?

Parra11ax
02-17-2017, 08:13 AM
"Attackers always lose "
all it is

Love.Handle
02-17-2017, 08:14 AM
Oh so spooky right? He went for a top attack (went for it) oh now its a left attack? Blocked guard break heavy. Get wrecked.

Love.Handle
02-17-2017, 08:18 AM
Look no matter what class you play you always have the advantage over some1 who attacks first because the game built that into the system for every class.

Love.Handle
02-17-2017, 08:19 AM
oh he flicked his mouse from top to right, oh noe i canīt keep up with this speed.

haha right?

TatoRezo
02-17-2017, 08:21 AM
really guys?

1) feinting isn't for changing direction all the time, mostly it is to bait others heavy attacks and do your parries.
2) with heavies go unblockable and then feint or cancel into something fast, reaction doesn't matter because frames will be faster for you.
3) with assassin's light attacks are already very fast, with cancels it becomes very confusing for the opponent + the frame advantage again.

Johnnybeck.
02-17-2017, 08:22 AM
I disagree, playing as a nobushi, if a play defensive I'll probably lose, need to use the range advantage and poke when I can. Try to understand how and when to attack is the secret of the game, is not always defensive, it's strategy :).

Love.Handle
02-17-2017, 08:25 AM
I just cant stand the duels anymore where we just keep jumping forward, left, right, waiting for someone to do something. hoping that they make the first mistake....AKA attacking.

I call this game, "Awkward dance mode simulator" Put ur left foot in pull ur left foot out....

Varicose_Veins
02-17-2017, 08:25 AM
If this is true, and there's several threads about it in the Combat & Strategy forum, it will kill any prospect of this becoming an Esport.

I have to say whenever I watch really good players on Twitch like TrueTalent and all the people he plays, attacking and winning is never a problem and I am yet to see a totally defensive player.

Love.Handle
02-17-2017, 08:30 AM
I disagree, playing as a nobushi, if a play defensive I'll probably lose, need to use the range advantage and poke when I can. Try to understand how and when to attack is the secret of the game, is not always defensive, it's strategy :).

I would love to play against you then. I would just block guard break heavy you to death. If my block pushed you to far away I would just heavy into guard break into heavy into guard break into heavy.

Sounds dumb. But that's what this game is. You want to be good? Just counter.

Love.Handle
02-17-2017, 08:34 AM
If this is true, and there's several threads about it in the Combat & Strategy forum, it will kill any prospect of this becoming an Esport.

I have to say whenever I watch really good players on Twitch like TrueTalent and all the people he plays, attacking and winning is never a problem and I am yet to see a totally defensive player.

This will never be an esport there is no depth. Go look at the skill sets for every character in this game. Its basic as ****. I honestly feel this game will die in a month once people figure out how its just chaining basic *** combos.

Truth.

Varicose_Veins
02-17-2017, 08:39 AM
I hear you, but I hope you're wrong. :-)

Despite it's warts For Honour is a fantastic game to play and especially watch, and it would be a pity if it's potential is killed by a fundamental gameplay issue like this.

A lot of people out there have high hopes for this game and it's long term future.

ETA if true how did such an obvious game limitation make it through beta unnoticed?

Migu85
02-17-2017, 08:44 AM
Everything should cost stamina

FailOfHDDVD
02-17-2017, 08:53 AM
ubi should make the attacks faster, so it's not as easy to block or dodge and defending will be as risky as attacking

Johnnybeck.
02-17-2017, 09:12 AM
I would love to play against you then. I would just block guard break heavy you to death. If my block pushed you to far away I would just heavy into guard break into heavy into guard break into heavy.

Sounds dumb. But that's what this game is. You want to be good? Just counter.
Guard break is broken right now, but is going to get fixed. And if you live in Brazil we can give it a try, otherwise I think the game will crash or lag one us. I never wait for the other to star and I win very often :)

Where is the fun of dancing around waiting for the other to initiate? You can most certainly start attacking and win.

Neviathan-
02-17-2017, 10:14 AM
The problem is most classes lack a fast gap closer. If you walk up to someone and start attacking with a slow light/heavy then its only fitting that you get countered because its too straight forward.

Quite a few classes are relatively slow which gives them a big disadvantage when attacking first.

It looks like a tricky issue to solve, if the attack speed is too high it would only promote button mashing..

ZuivrZilvr
02-17-2017, 10:24 AM
There is always a way through their defense. These threads are getting ridiculous. If you guys believe otherwise, just keep watching the top players and see if they end up in infinite duels without dying. This will never happen, so stop worrying about it.

Love.Handle
02-17-2017, 10:29 AM
There is always a way through their defense. These threads are getting ridiculous. If you guys believe otherwise, just keep watching the top players and see if they end up in infinite duels without dying. This will never happen, so stop worrying about it.

Ive watched the top players on stream all they do is whine and cry....You live in an alternate universe....There is no skill in this game....Look at the abilities for each hero....its ****ing so dumbed down my dog can play it.

awolcz
02-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Just feint heavy attacks from one side and go light from other. If you do not know how to do that, just start you heavy attack and cancel it (circle on controller in case of PS4). Always works or me. I don't know why this is not explained in any tutorial in game, because this is tactics required for high level play. Or use charge attack or feint charge attack (dodge to side right before him) and then attack.

Love.Handle
02-17-2017, 10:37 AM
Just wait til you see what this games looks like a month from now.........

I ****ing swear there will but a thousand players at peak still playing. IF THAT.

I'm being nice.

I got on today and there was 40k.

and it goes down every day.

More and more people are opening their eyes to how **** this game is.

Just wait spend ur money to become the best....in one month NOBODY is going to care.

ZuivrZilvr
02-17-2017, 10:41 AM
Just wait til you see what this games looks like a month from now.........

I ****ing swear there will but a thousand players at peak still playing. IF THAT.

I'm being nice.

I got on today and there was 40k.

and it goes down every day.

More and more people are opening their eyes to how **** this game is.

Just wait spend ur money to become the best....in one month NOBODY is going to care.

Sounds like you need to be handled with some love, Love.Handle ;). Too much frustration in you. Go ahead and have that tension released

Love.Handle
02-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Sounds like you need to be handled with some love, Love.Handle ;). Too much frustration in you. Go ahead and have that tension released

I just took a dump. Thanks for caring.

PilusMedicus
02-17-2017, 11:03 AM
Ya, makes you wish this game had sometihng like feinting right?

let me feint my heavys on conqueror... oo wait..

#MakeConquerorGreatAgain

Maaci
02-17-2017, 11:07 AM
As the attacker, you have to little power.
Its a waiting game pretty much.

First of all, i really hope they acknowledge this problem.
Second, if they do acknowledge it, hopefully they dont make something overpower or to bad interaction between one another.

Just feint heavy attacks from one side and go light from other. If you do not know how to do that, just start you heavy attack and cancel it (circle on controller in case of PS4). Always works or me. I don't know why this is not explained in any tutorial in game, because this is tactics required for high level play. Or use charge attack or feint charge attack (dodge to side right before him) and then attack.
But that is another problem, to attack you shouldnt have to relie on mind gaming your opponent. Its to inconsisistent and also in the long run it is to much luck involved.

Dude_of_Valor
02-17-2017, 11:13 AM
Lets face it, everything in this game comes down to blocks, parry, and dodges. If you attack and miss ur ****ed...If you attack and they do of the other 3 I mentioned ur ****ed. Ive been in duels where we just keep moving back and forth to see who will make the first move and then wreck them because they did.

This game has some very limited abilities its not like mortal kombat. And to win fights all you have to do is wait for them to attack then counter.

I don't really care about all the other problems this game has this is the biggest to me. Whoever attacks first is always going to get wrecked by either a guard or a heavy or two quick light attacks. There's no way around it the attacker is staggered.

And its so easy to do. The attacks are predictable and easy to see coming. All you have to do is wait. Once they attack you just block or dodge and then **** em up.

If I'm wrong let me know... I'm on my way to third prestige and this is all I see.

Broken game.

What is wrong with being patient and waiting for that mistake? You can bait them to react to you, you can switch stances a lot to force them to react.

You can feint or slow roll your attacks. For example with the Warden I might heavy attack out of range drawing them in, but am already going into a second heavy attack. I land with the hit. Do this a few times and then your opponent should hopefully start tilting.

Overall this game is designed to be more defencive than aggressive but you totally can be the aggressor, just got to be smart with it.

Maaci
02-17-2017, 11:48 AM
I hear you, but I hope you're wrong. :-)

Despite it's warts For Honour is a fantastic game to play and especially watch, and it would be a pity if it's potential is killed by a fundamental gameplay issue like this.

A lot of people out there have high hopes for this game and it's long term future.

ETA if true how did such an obvious game limitation make it through beta unnoticed?
It didnt get unnoticed in beta. I even wrote a post about it in the open beta on this forum.
ANd i dont htink many people visit these forums.

DeLatv
02-17-2017, 11:56 AM
This game is all about reading your opponent.

Tho some classes are much much weaker in attacking that others.

For example, berserker is so simple hero, that if enemy only defends there is absolutly nothing he can do to penetrade enemy defenses. He has light, heavy, feints and guard break. Because he has no tool to make enemy to dodge and attack, enemy can actually defend against him with only 1 hand...

But Warden, conqurer, Warlord are fine, and can get trough enemy defenses cos they have more tools to trick enemy with unblockables.

DeLatv
02-17-2017, 12:08 PM
Ur playing the wrong hero mate, go for warden or orochi, they have the broken instant zone attacks, throw some fakes and guard breaks and them just hit them with zone. Works like a charm. Cos its dumb and broken as ****.