PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Controlls

VTheMan032
02-17-2017, 05:25 AM
Hello,

Have we given up on PC controls? as it is right now it is near impossible to compete with fast moving characters, chaining attacks is a disaster, It's near impossible to defend against people able to switch stances quickly as it will often move your guard to the top position.

It is frustrating and quite honestly turning me away from the game. I do have a gamepad but the game does not recognize it and I would honestly like to avoid spending 70 euros on a gamepad to play a game on a PC, that i already paid 60 euros for.

A few points that people will reply.
1.No the mouse movement is not fine, I have tried DPI ranges fro 800-4K sensitivities from 0/max and varied combinations of mouse acceleration.
2. Get good works up until a point , however people who know what they are doing will demolish you grab a mouse and try to defend against a berserker that knows what they are doing, or an orochi.....
3.I'm not new to mice or keyboards in fact ive been gaming only on PC for over 20 years.

So in all honesty... Am i the only one just about rdy to put this game down? As well the primary mode of combat just does not work?

I remember a lot of posts during open and closed BETA's of people brining the issue up.... no word from ubisoft however.

emoKittenCZ
02-17-2017, 09:22 AM
You can help the game to recognize your gamepad. See this (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1555208-Shield-Controller-not-working?p=12289926&viewfull=1#post12289926) thread how to connect your gamepad to the game.

VTheMan032
02-17-2017, 05:25 PM
You can help the game to recognize your gamepad. See this (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1555208-Shield-Controller-not-working?p=12289926&viewfull=1#post12289926) thread how to connect your gamepad to the game.

I have done that, not working.

VTheMan032
02-17-2017, 05:31 PM
https://youtu.be/pkatUbRpVKI?t=6m

Not to sound mean, but you are kind of at the same level of play I am, and often in this video you are not reacting to attacks you could have stopped or parried...

Fx2050
02-17-2017, 05:37 PM
its a controller game, it will be very hard to use a keyboard, much like streetfighter etc.

worth having a 360 controller ready

Fx2050
02-17-2017, 05:38 PM
its a controller game, it will be very hard to use a keyboard, much like streetfighter etc.

worth having a 360 controller ready

emoKittenCZ
02-17-2017, 05:48 PM
I have done that, not working.
Can you provide more information? Like...what client do you use - steam or uplay, windows version, gamepad vendor and model, dxdiag screen, your ini files etc...?

Braegulfer
02-17-2017, 05:49 PM
For OB I tried keyboard+mouse but I just couldn't find a deadzone on the mouse or swap angles of attack fast enough for my liking so I switched to ps4 controller and I'm super happy I did for CB and release. I got a SCUF controller too, specifically for this game, so my dodge and guardbrake are operated by my ring/pinky fingers under the controller and I only need to move my thumb off right analog for feint. I tried binding feint, thru steam big picture, to rstick click and L-shoulder, but I actually prefer it where it defaults at. I'm very happy with my control scheme atm but I just couldn't stop my mouse from floating (even with guardblack sensitivity at zero) whenever I would like, say, click a button on the mouse.

Einherjar25
02-17-2017, 05:50 PM
I played both with keyboard and at the very end of open beta I use controller only. They are different advantages at using either one but in the end the controller edges out the keyboard and mouse. It's not a complete disaster to use keyboard and mouse but it will be lacking a little in certain situation.