PDA

View Full Version : why do people enjoy this game?

ExcitablePro117
02-17-2017, 05:06 AM
im really thinking why people like this game. i liked it in beta form so far full release i just uninstalled it. i find seriously just not fun had tons in beta. now normally i dont post anything on the forums cause 1. ***gots of people and 2. people. but why do you find this game fun? im sad i cant get a refund cause i would have by now now its collecting dust like most bad games should. this is my opinion which seems now in the world you cant say unless what you say agrees with someone else and it has to be good.

akaBrucey
02-17-2017, 05:12 AM
RMB -> Q as warden. Best thing ever.

E-A-X
02-17-2017, 05:13 AM
Well im enjoying it at the moment because the use of environment in this game and thinking about your positions is amazing, also because its atmospheric and the fighting system feels rewarding to some degree.

I do understand when you say, ok connectivity in this game is broken, matchmaking takes too long etc. but why dont you enjoy it actually?

ExcitablePro117
02-17-2017, 05:45 AM
any 4v4 i find my teammates dead and me fighting 2 to 4 people at the same time = i get raped

E-A-X
02-17-2017, 05:48 AM
Well give it time, people need to learn the game, how dominion etc. works properly and even the matchmaking first needs data to function properly in some time.
I also join into ragequitter lobbys, where the game is 100 points before respawn is no longer possible, thats even worse - but thats like more little things, nothing too big that cant be fixed.

Give it a little bit of time, Ubisoft reads alot on their forums and trys to change based on feedback, thats something very rare these days.

Zzzonked_
02-17-2017, 06:11 AM
im really thinking why people like this game. i liked it in beta form so far full release i just uninstalled it. i find seriously just not fun had tons in beta. now normally i dont post anything on the forums cause 1. ***gots of people and 2. people. but why do you find this game fun? im sad i cant get a refund cause i would have by now now its collecting dust like most bad games should. this is my opinion which seems now in the world you cant say unless what you say agrees with someone else and it has to be good.

Ok.

PacTheManlyMan
02-17-2017, 06:18 AM
Ok.
+1

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 06:24 AM
For me... why do I like this game?

Well for one, its who you can play. Knights, Vikings and Samurai. I love Medieval warfare for one.

Its also the people that play. 90% of people are really fun to play with and aren't really toxic.

Why else do I enjoy this game... hmm. Well its mostly balanced though the game def can use tweaks for alot of the characters. Will not mention which ones need it to avoid arguements.

FailOfHDDVD
02-17-2017, 06:35 AM
it's the only 3d fighter game that is more than half decent. And I enjoying chopping people's heads off

VinDieseII69
02-17-2017, 08:18 AM
why do people ask stupid questions

The4ngryLem0n
02-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Several factors.
One, role playing. I actually feel like I'm a knight/samura/viking. Even in chivalry i didn't really get that feel.

Two, most realistic historical fighting game. Now before everyone loses their mind, I'm not saying For Honor is entirely realisitic. It's not. Wooden samurai armor, viking with horns. Then the combat isn't entirely realistic either with guard breaks and shoulder charges. Spinning attacks in real combat are way riskier than in the game. But as a person who does Kendo and HEMA, and several unarmed martial arts, a lot of the same concepts and tactics used in its fighting can be applied to here. While it doesn't look the same, the way the fighting plays out feels the same. The tactics I regularly use in my sparring matches also work in game.

Third, sheer depth. This will have to link to people complaining about the game. There are so many layers to this game that it seems like most of the complaints come from people who don't understand the layers. Your fighting style has to be based on not only what character you have what character you are fighting against. And orochi (my main) will fight a conqeror differently than he fights a peacekeeper. Replace the orochi with a warden (my second) and you need two completely new different styles of fighting. You may get away with having the same style on the lower levels but on the higher levels, playing the same way every time will get your roasted. And I've had my fair share of getting roasted. Then when you enter 4v4 modes, you also need to think about tactics, anything from simply double teaming someone to having your teammate help you stack opponents and rapid switch and hit them. Once again, I've done mock battles before and the same tactics that I've used apply to the game. Polearmed classes like the nobushi can hold doorways as long as I attack properly. I've made Warlord shield walls with my friends. And take it from a rager that issues with a class are probably you. I've rage quit this game so many times but every time I took a step back, rethought my tactics, reapplied myself, and won. I still have trouble facing peacekeepers and nobushi but by this point I am confident that it's a me thing, not a class-broken thing.

TheDoomKnight
02-17-2017, 08:45 AM
For me... why do I like this game?
Its also the people that play. 90% of people are really fun to play with and aren't really toxic.
on what system do you play cause most people are not fun to play with/against in my case

inthe0ry
02-17-2017, 09:38 AM
on what system do you play cause most people are not fun to play with/against in my case

playing 1v1 and 2v2 you will find a much higher percentage of players willing to have a fun and enjoyable experience. 4v4 is not the case.

Snow901
02-17-2017, 10:08 AM
it's the only 3d fighter game that is more than half decent. And I enjoying chopping people's heads off

Soul Calibur was a decent 3d fighter too, its just whatever next big release they have been working on since SCV seems to be stuck in dev hell.

Aside from that, I find dominion to be pretty chill since most people are less skilled compared to duels/brawls. Elimination almost would feel fun to me if they made a new 4v4 game mode with the feats, gear, and boosts off then I would probably play that all the time. Duels and brawls are the most fun to me right now, because it helps me figure out tech for new characters I try to see if they have a good combo - much better than testing against bots since they don't have an option to make them try to auto guard everything after they take their first hit..

Plutonium Bug
02-17-2017, 10:13 AM
It just feels great when you win a clean 1v1 or 1v2. have a good laugh with people as well.

THEPH0NECOMPANY
02-17-2017, 10:31 AM
1v1 is probably the most fun i have had playing random people in anything, well when the game actually matches you with someone your skill level
The game has quite a bit of issues but on a whole it has amazing potential, and i actually believe in devs so.... yea

DeLatv
02-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Ur playing the game with the worng mindset. Ur playing to win, not to improve. This game is more of a mind game than actual reaction fighting game.
well at low level its reaction game, when u learn the basics to the limit, and blocking parrying breaking guard break, then it becomes a strategic mind game.

U dont want to learn the game, this is the main problem. U want to be good and kick enemy asses, but not put time into it to actually learn it. Sadly this game isnt easy to get into, its actually really hard (Well depending on opponents you get).

How long u have spent vs bots learning your hero? Learning defenses? Parrying, dodging breaking guard break?

I doubt u done that very much.

This game takes patience and understanding that ur ****ty noob, and to get good u need countless hours of practice and muscle memory to execute combos, and trick enemy to do what you want them to do.

+ Get some friends, dueling friends is quite chill and not frustrating. Its actually quite fun. Playing with mates is how i learned the game, and got rid of my ego.