PDA

View Full Version : The Honor Police 1vs1.

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 02:55 AM
Hello everyone,

I wanted to specially know what is the issue with the people playing 2vs2 - Elimination or other thing that it's not 1vs1 Duel and they complain about "NO HONOR 1vs1". This is an stupid excuse for the people that needs to keep the mind focused on one target because they actually get destroyed and have zero knowdlegde about the Vengeance use, i mean, that's why it's called Vengeance, you are going to strike them back really hard.

It's a thing that really bothers me, the "No Honor" cry i see in mostly everymatch, when you are fighting 2vs2 or even Elimination there is always somebody crying and complaining about not getting his duel on a normal match. It's called For Honor not With Honor, and there is no "MORALE SPECIFIC RULE"on this GAME or MODE about waiting to see my partner getting destroyed because you want to everyone stops and stares at you while you "duel" in 2vs2. I don't know from where this behaviour came from but it's really stupid on a war/fight game, it's called a fight for some reason. Just imagine in real life that your mate/partner/bro is getting smashed on a fight and he needs help, would you lend a hand to him? Or you would say to him: "1vs1 scrub no honor" while he gets destroyed by someone. It's common sense right? Thanks.

And let's not talk about the fact that people still crying because you push him out of a ledge, burn him, or you impale him on a spike wall because he was stepping where he should not, because this thing... it's not really needed, i didn't knew that using my brain to defeat my enemy was punished by the Honor Police.

So to make the things clear to those people who complain about not getting his 1vs1 on a 2vs2 or Eliminations i'm going to shor explain/discover one thing etc...
there is one mode called Duel, where you fight against 1 opponent to the best of 5.

Finishing this short explanation that does not need any more words because it's really annoying i wanted to specially know your thinks about this people that i started calling the Honor Police.
Does this crys bothers to you everymatch you play?
Are you one from the Honor Police and needs to get some game modes explained?
1vs1 no honor?

EDIT: Ok guys, it seem that people don't get this so i'll make it clear. DON'T expect people living your imaginary honor code, and DON'T cry on the chat, because you look pathethic and childish and it's a real griefing.

Fuzzybutts
02-17-2017, 03:04 AM
Honor police are the worst people to play 4vs4 with, they literally become a detriment to your team and insist on 1v1-ing people while letting the enemy run around and rez their friends. Then they go and complain when they get 4v1'd.

Not to mention they will just sit there and what you get **** on during a bad matchup, or sit there and do nothing about the samurai about to longbow you up the backside because 'honorable 1v1 combat'. They don't care if you have the health disadvantage from prior fights, nah, they think its perfectly honorable to stand there and watch allies die.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 03:09 AM
Eh. I dont expect 2 v 2 honor but most people will play 2 v 2 with honor. People like you are a rarity and theirs a chance your teammate is gonna leave you out to dry. I know that you want to win at all costs, but theres usually an unspeakable code of honor when playing 2 v 2.

and of course, it's even more funny when I do the 2 v 1 because you attack me and you lose so I laugh at you in the match chat xD

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 03:10 AM
Honor police are the worst people to play 4vs4 with, they literally become a detriment to your team and insist on 1v1-ing people while letting the enemy run around and rez their friends. Then they go and complain when they get 4v1'd.

Not to mention they will just sit there and what you get **** on during a bad matchup, or sit there and do nothing about the samurai about to longbow you up the backside because 'honorable 1v1 combat'. They don't care if you have the health disadvantage from prior fights, nah, they think its perfectly honorable to stand there and watch allies die.
I just forgot the health disadvantage that they even face, everyone ressing at elimination except your honor police partner that is sitting there waiting to you finish the 1vs1. It's really wonderful, i though i was alone on this... it really bothers me this behaviour.

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 03:14 AM
Eh. I dont expect 2 v 2 honor but most people will play 2 v 2 with honor. People like you are a rarity and theirs a chance your teammate is gonna leave you out to dry. I know that you want to win at all costs, but theres usually an unspeakable code of honor when playing 2 v 2.

and of course, it's even more funny when I do the 2 v 1 because you attack me and you lose so I laugh at you in the match chat xD

Unspeakable code of honor. "Teammates leaving" you out to dry. I laught at you in the match chat when i win your 2vs1. I'm the only one player above 21?

MrForz
02-17-2017, 03:15 AM
It's a 4vs4 Elimination, the opposing team has one guy left, no possibility to revive anyone, I'll definitely allow myself to watch how well that last guy fights.

Immortal_Zeal
02-17-2017, 03:16 AM
**** honor.

VALHALLA!!!

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 03:16 AM
Unspeakable code of honor. "Teammates leaving" you out to dry. I laught at you in the match chat when i win your 2vs1. I'm the only one player above 21?

Im 23. I just dont have this obsession with winning at any and all costs.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 03:17 AM
It's a 4vs4 Elimination, the opposing team has one guy left, no possibility to revive anyone, I'll definitely allow myself to watch how well that last guy fights.

Agreed. I like to watch fights honestly. Plus its a show of respect and allows two people to show off their skills

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 03:20 AM
**** honor.

VALHALLA!!!
Deus vult my brother.

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 03:21 AM
Im 23. I just dont have this obsession with winning at any and all costs.

Ok, step by step, now i know your age and i know that you are mature. Do you know that we are playing a competitive game?

Fuzzybutts
02-17-2017, 03:22 AM
Aka your kinda just griefing your teammate.

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 03:23 AM
Aka your kinda just griefing your teammate.
...and embarassing him a lot.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 03:26 AM
Ok, step by step, now i know your age and i know that you are mature. Do you know that we are playing a competitive game?

This game has a LONG way to go before its competitive. Am I aware they want it competitive? Sure. I play R6 so Im aware of competitive gaming. Doesn't mean I'll use underhanded tactics to win.

So heres some information about me and how I play the game.

I mainly play 2 v 2 brawls because I enjoy it. I play the conquerer in 2 v 2's.

He's level 14. He has a 89% winrate and a 3.01 KDA.

I show honor and still am that ****ing good.

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 03:31 AM
This game has a LONG way to go before its competitive. Am I aware they want it competitive? Sure. I play R6 so Im aware of competitive gaming. Doesn't mean I'll use underhanded tactics to win.

So heres some information about me and how I play the game.

I mainly play 2 v 2 brawls because I enjoy it. I play the conquerer in 2 v 2's.

He's level 14. He has a 89% winrate and a 3.01 KDA.

I show honor and still am that ****ing good.

You better know for your information that people with honor are not cocky at all. Anyone whenever you want i'll destroy your KDA, cocky boy.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 03:32 AM
You better know for your information that people with honor are not cocky at all. Anyone whenever you want i'll destroy your KDA, cocky boy.

Im not cocky. Just confident in my skills but if you wish to face off, Im up for a few games.

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 03:37 AM
Im not cocky. Just confident in my skills but if you wish to face off, Im up for a few games.
User: iusedtoloveyou
add me when you get online, let's have some "honor" duels

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 03:38 AM
User: iusedtoloveyou
add me when you get online, let's have some "honor" duels

Im on right now. Just got finished with a match mate. ill add you now.

CaptianBeetle
02-17-2017, 03:39 AM
You will find this mentality across /a lot/ of competitive games. If the enemy team has 1 player left, with no chance of saving any of their team mates. It is honorable to them to give them the chance to fight.

People do this out of respect for the player. To gank someone 4 on 1 or even 2 on 1 when there is no need to, simply because you "are obsessed with winning" just makes you an ***. You ***.

There are a lot of games where pvp is based on skill, and skill alone. If you are a respectful player, you'll let someone fight and see how far they go. If they end up beating your entire team, then they earned that victory. If you just shut them down immediately by ganking them, in my opinion, that makes you a coward.

I will happily watch my entire team get owned by someone who is good.

On the flip side of that, I find it REALLY annoying when I am fighting someone, and a teammate comes up from behind them and kills my opponent. For more than one reason.

1st : Dude. My kill. You're taking my points and taking away from my war assets which help my faction and my overall score.
2st : You are taking away MY satisfaction of defeating my opponent, because you are a greedy POS. -shrug-
3rd : It's simply disrespectful to my opponent, and myself. What, you don't trust that I can secure my own fight? Ya faithless ho.

I don't care what the game mode is. 1v1, 2v2, 4v4. Respect the skill of the player, and don't be an ***.

Tbh, i find it lulzy when people try and make the argument of "game mode" because it is always an attempt to justify their being a disrespectful A-Hole.

Ryumanjisen
02-17-2017, 04:13 AM
No one is telling you how to play the game. But if you go 2,3 or 4vs1 you're a dishonorable warrior. Face it, there is nothing wrong with that,the path of honor is a long and harsh road, not made for everyone.

Mathonn
02-17-2017, 04:46 AM
This "honor" nonsense is becoming rather annoying. The people whining about others clearly don't grasp the complexity of the concept of honor.

How honor is judged is dependent on too many factors to be judged by anyone other than the object of the judgement. If you have a code, live by it and judge yourself by it, but attempting to judge others by your personal code gets you nowhere. You can also be honorable without honoring your opponent, if your values place something above his life.

Different cultures, social structures, families, or individuals value different principles and judge honor on those principles.

There's nothing dishonorable about players "ganging" up on players in modes designed for such engagements unless the players have agreed to avoid doing it. They are designed as team conflict for the purpose of team conflict. If however you believe it to be an action "beneath" your code and you do it, you dishonor yourself.

My team comes first. Their lives over yours, their success over yours. It's unfortunate when that comes back to bite me: teammates trying to jump into fights and ignoring the other opponents, teammates hitting you because they've got no control, teammates jumping into well controlled fights only to launch the opponent into revenge, or my favorite of the day, reviving a teammate only to have them back up and watch me die for their own "honor".

The only honor we are inherently bound to by the game are rules of the game. Cheating in any form is dishonorable, and quitting mid match for "honor" (to avoid losing is really all it is) is a shame.

l-Sir_Smite-l
02-17-2017, 04:58 AM
Eh, I would default to letting people fight 1v1. If everyone respects that unspoken rule, good enough for me. If the other team partakes in ganging up, then that gives me the green light to do it unto them as well. I won't complain about it though. I just adapt my rules of engagement.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 05:11 AM
Eh, I would default to letting people fight 1v1. If everyone respects that unspoken rule, good enough for me. If the other team partakes in ganging up, then that gives me the green light to do it unto them as well. I won't complain about it though. I just adapt my rules of engagement.

Same. 2 v 2 has just that unspoken rule and its really really rare I see it broken. When it does happen, generally his teammate leaves him out to dry in response and sometimes even verbally says, Im not playing that way.

Mighty_NalydIX
02-17-2017, 06:03 AM
It's very simple.
There is a "moral" agreement in a 2v2 brawl saying that you shouldn't interfere in the fight of your teammate.

Nothing prevents you from breaking this rule. But then, don't expect to be congratulated and get any form of recognition of your skill from others who do follow that line of conduct, as simple as that.
It's like holding the door for the person behind you. If you just leave and let the door slam, you're not breaking any law and you're more efficient by saving a bit of your time, but you shouldn't be surprised if others see you as and Ahole.

As for me, I don't mind if there is an all out brawl as long as my opponent acknowledge that they won't follow this rule.
If they do say "we are not doing this 1on1 thing" at the first round, then it's all fair and they still get to keep their honor intact because they have been straightforward to us.
However, if you see your opponents letting you fight one on one in a 1vs2 situation, but then, when the table has turned, you decide to gank the last one. Then yes, you're a coward.

It's always heartwarming when you get ganked in a brawl to see your initial opponent step back and let you deal with the backstabber instead of going full 2vs1 on you. These guys actually have earned my respect.

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 06:14 AM
You will find this mentality across /a lot/ of competitive games. If the enemy team has 1 player left, with no chance of saving any of their team mates. It is honorable to them to give them the chance to fight.

People do this out of respect for the player. To gank someone 4 on 1 or even 2 on 1 when there is no need to, simply because you "are obsessed with winning" just makes you an ***. You ***.

There are a lot of games where pvp is based on skill, and skill alone. If you are a respectful player, you'll let someone fight and see how far they go. If they end up beating your entire team, then they earned that victory. If you just shut them down immediately by ganking them, in my opinion, that makes you a coward.

I will happily watch my entire team get owned by someone who is good.

On the flip side of that, I find it REALLY annoying when I am fighting someone, and a teammate comes up from behind them and kills my opponent. For more than one reason.

1st : Dude. My kill. You're taking my points and taking away from my war assets which help my faction and my overall score.
2st : You are taking away MY satisfaction of defeating my opponent, because you are a greedy POS. -shrug-
3rd : It's simply disrespectful to my opponent, and myself. What, you don't trust that I can secure my own fight? Ya faithless ho.

I don't care what the game mode is. 1v1, 2v2, 4v4. Respect the skill of the player, and don't be an ***.

Tbh, i find it lulzy when people try and make the argument of "game mode" because it is always an attempt to justify their being a disrespectful A-Hole.
i'm glad of your gameplay lifestory, it's going to be a 2v1 when you see my name, i already told you

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 06:17 AM
It's very simple.
There is a "moral" agreement in a 2v2 brawl saying that you shouldn't interfere in the fight of your teammate.

Nothing prevents you from breaking this rule. But then, don't expect to be congratulated and get any form of recognition of your skill from others who do follow that line of conduct, as simple as that.
It's like holding the door for the person behind you. If you just leave and let the door slam, you're not breaking any law and you're more efficient by saving a bit of your time, but you shouldn't be surprised if others see you as and Ahole.

As for me, I don't mind if there is an all out brawl as long as my opponent acknowledge that they won't follow this rule.
If they do say "we are not doing this 1on1 thing" at the first round, then it's all fair and they still get to keep their honor intact because they have been straightforward to us.
However, if you see your opponents letting you fight one on one in a 1vs2 situation, but then, when the table has turned, you decide to gank the last one. Then yes, you're a coward.

It's always heartwarming when you get ganked in a brawl to see your initial opponent step back and let you deal with the backstabber instead of going full 2vs1 on you. These guys actually have earned my respect.
For you it's about respect, for me about winning. Have good luck in the battleground, deus vult.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 06:17 AM
It's very simple.

Haha. Ive seen this and done this. :D

The final part.

and yes I totaly agree

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 06:21 AM

This guy GETS it. ^ Please people, learn the correct behaviour.

Mathonn
02-17-2017, 06:27 AM
It's very simple.

There is nothing "moral" about an imagined agreement stating that because you voluntarily entered into a 2v2 I should let you kill my teammate out of some misguided code. It is a Brawl, pitting two teams against each other, and should be treated as such unless explicitly stated pre match.

Petition Ubi to add a sub game (like the death match split) so players can vote for a preferred version of 2v2, but do not think for one second that players choosing the individual route are in the right, or somehow carry superiority to those that value their teammates, or faction.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 06:31 AM
There is nothing "moral" about an imagined agreement stating that because you voluntarily entered into a 2v2 I should let you kill my teammate out of some misguided code. It is a Brawl, pitting two teams against each other, and should be treated as such unless explicitly stated pre match.

Petition Ubi to add a sub game (like the death match split) so players can vote for a preferred version of 2v2, but do not think for one second that players choosing the individual route are in the right, or somehow carry superiority to those that value their teammates, or faction.

What I really want is a gladiatorial arena.

Two teams of 4 versus each other. Each team sends out one person and whoever is the last remaining of the team wins.

MapleBeaver69
02-17-2017, 06:36 AM
They put in this great mechanic in the game called "revenge mode". I don't know if anyone's even heard of it. It lets you 1v4 people if you're good.

Sometimes having the other guy attacking you actually is doing you a favour. The people who are crying about getting 2v1'd are the bads. Ignore them. They are the "have nots" who can't play and shouldn't be queuing for stuff that isn't a 1v1 duel.

Maybe if you didn't want to have a 2v1, you should queue with a better team mate that doesn't lose his duel. ;3

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 06:40 AM
They put in this great mechanic in the game called "revenge mode". I don't know if anyone's even heard of it. It lets you 1v4 people if you're good.

Sometimes having the other guy attacking you actually is doing you a favour. The people who are crying about getting 2v1'd are the bads. Ignore them. They are the "have nots" who can't play and shouldn't be queuing for stuff that isn't a 1v1 duel.

Maybe if you didn't want to have a 2v1, you should queue with a better team mate that doesn't lose his duel. ;3

And then the game switches who fights who so you fight the team you ganked and he kciks ur *** six ways to sunday before laughing at you xD

Mathonn
02-17-2017, 06:45 AM
This guy GETS it. ^ Please people, learn the correct behaviour.

Please stop assuming that what you want is "the correct behavior."

forrest0755
02-17-2017, 06:47 AM
To me, the most dishonorable thing you can do is watch your brother or sister in arms die just because of your own code of "honor"

Mathonn
02-17-2017, 06:50 AM
To me, the most dishonorable thing you can do is watch your brother or sister in arms die just because of your own code of "honor"

Actually, the most dishonorable is to quit and leave them to die alone, but you've got a close second. 😬

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 06:53 AM
Actually, the most dishonorable is to quit and leave them to die alone, but you've got a close second. ��

Actually the most dishonorable/Disrespectful thing is play the Shoguki and then use the execution that has you sits on them. -nod-

forrest0755
02-17-2017, 06:56 AM
Actually the most dishonorable/Disrespectful thing is play the Shoguki and then use the execution that has you sits on them. -nod-

I havent seen that execution. Kinda want to go play as him just to do that, that is hilarious

Brave_Thunder
02-17-2017, 09:23 AM

I fini this quite funny.Basically you're sayng that it's wrong to let someone die for their own mistakes in a fair 1v1 duel?Well,in real life I totally agree with you.But this is a game,not real life.You won't learn how to fight if I save you.Die,understand what you have done wrong,and then improve.It's like to help people in tests at school:everyone does that because failing one can get you behind/miss some opportunities.But in a game,you're really so desperate about winning that you gank others instead to improve your combat?Legit line of playng surely,but don't expect me to help you when you do mistakes.

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 05:24 PM
Please stop assuming that what you want is "the correct behavior."
The correct behaviour it's to not cry on a chat, and not expect the same "fake honor code" you are living for from your enemy. You want to play with honor? Alright, but stop crying on the chat and GRIEFING your enemy because he plays how he wants. You are all harassers and salty players.

no_stamina
02-17-2017, 05:35 PM

Vengeance mode it's really funny and really devastating if you use it well. But the main problem here is that i'm trying to explain everyone that should stop griefing the enemy or stop harassing him because his playstyle. I'm not trying to stop their "honor" because i see it as a stupid thing. I just want to they stop griefing the people. Because everymatch i do it's the same thing. It's like going back to league of legends "mature" communitty

Roman672
02-17-2017, 06:15 PM
I find myself yelling at people for assistance that decide to be honor police and watch as I get pummeled by an Orochi or what-have-you. Quick chat just doesn't express the frustration and perhaps, once I turn on my mic, that makes me a bad person, but unless it's 1v1...there is no honor in watching a teammate fight. The only time I would find it acceptable, is if they are on a mic and tell me at my approach that they've got it or don't interrupt the fight. I'll honor that, but otherwise...help me out! I still get points, I still get xp, and I get more when we win.

GreenRanger XI
02-17-2017, 06:16 PM
There is no correct, there is no rule, there is no honour.
It's FOR Honor, not WITH.
Fight how you like, in a BRAWL (the word is as important as the word FOR) it's war.
If you treat every mode like an ever increasing number of 1 vs 1 fights dotted around one map, good for you.
You will get my sword through your back while you bow honourably to your 'duel partner' :D

Fair enough, but that's still boring and people like you will help Ubisoft realize that they made a mistake with certain game modes. 2v2 should be seperated So you can't double team.

Triplash
02-17-2017, 06:27 PM
There's no honor in 4v4 game modes, that's expected, but yeah it's great in 2v2 to see people being good sports. 1v1 and 2v2 modes are practice to me.

If I win my duel, I let them finish theirs and fight their guy if he wins. There is nothing cool or satisfying for me if I just go backstab 2v1 after winning my duel. It takes no skill and winning that way is meaningless. For a game that is supposed to be about skill, there is nothing rewarding about playing dirty. I'd rather lose a good fight than win because I ran away for 10 minutes until the game ended or one shot someone in 2v2 who was dueling my team mate. There are a MILLION other games that offer me that experience. I like Honor in my For Honor 2v2's.

But I don't think they should be separated in 2v2, it's great as it is, I like that it's a community thing, a player choice. It's pointless if it's forced upon us.

ThePollie
02-17-2017, 06:30 PM
There is a good reason why honour is a positive quality - It's chosen and upheld, not forced. I try not to interfere in 1v1s if possible, let the other guy have his fun with the fight. Unless someone else gets involved to gank my ally or if the match is clearly just one-sided beyond fairness, I stay back and either observe or go find something else to do. Environmental kills are cheap, there is no argument against this. You want to crutch them, go right ahead. I would rather avoid them and go for the satisfaction of actually using the combat system and to earn that execution, but I'll throw you from a cliff at first opportunity if I find out you're only interested in the win, and not the fight. If you behave dishonourably, you have no room to groan if someone exploits the first opportunity to kill you, even if it isn't fair in the slightest.

It's just a game. If you're really so desperate to win every match, then I question your state of mind. Relax, have some fun.

Winneh
02-17-2017, 06:58 PM
If you want duels, queue up for duels - if you join a brawl, you better be my brother in arms on the battlefield or i will actively try to use an opponent to shove you off a cliff

Srsly its annoying af in a 2v2 or 4v4 when team mates start watching instead of finishing the round with their team.

Duckbit
02-17-2017, 07:01 PM
It's FOR Honor not WITH. DIfference.

Cipher_73
02-17-2017, 07:06 PM
Hello everyone,

I wanted to specially know what is the issue with the people playing 2vs2 - Elimination or other thing that it's not 1vs1 Duel and they complain about "NO HONOR 1vs1". This is an stupid excuse for the people that needs to keep the mind focused on one target because they actually get destroyed and have zero knowdlegde about the Vengeance use, i mean, that's why it's called Vengeance, you are going to strike them back really hard.

It's a thing that really bothers me, the "No Honor" cry i see in mostly everymatch, when you are fighting 2vs2 or even Elimination there is always somebody crying and complaining about not getting his duel on a normal match. It's called For Honor not With Honor, and there is no "MORALE SPECIFIC RULE"on this GAME or MODE about waiting to see my partner getting destroyed because you want to everyone stops and stares at you while you "duel" in 2vs2. I don't know from where this behaviour came from but it's really stupid on a war/fight game, it's called a fight for some reason. Just imagine in real life that your mate/partner/bro is getting smashed on a fight and he needs help, would you lend a hand to him? Or you would say to him: "1vs1 scrub no honor" while he gets destroyed by someone. It's common sense right? Thanks.

And let's not talk about the fact that people still crying because you push him out of a ledge, burn him, or you impale him on a spike wall because he was stepping where he should not, because this thing... it's not really needed, i didn't knew that using my brain to defeat my enemy was punished by the Honor Police.

So to make the things clear to those people who complain about not getting his 1vs1 on a 2vs2 or Eliminations i'm going to shor explain/discover one thing etc...
there is one mode called Duel, where you fight against 1 opponent to the best of 5.

Finishing this short explanation that does not need any more words because it's really annoying i wanted to specially know your thinks about this people that i started calling the Honor Police.
1vs1 no honor?

EDIT: Ok guys, it seem that people don't get this so i'll make it clear. DON'T expect people living your imaginary honor code, and DON'T cry on the chat, because you look pathethic and childish and it's a real griefing.

Yeah I find these guys pretty ridiculous as well. All the trailers show factions fighting each other and they're not 1 vs 1. They're literally fighting everyone and helping out their brethren.

If they want to play like that then they should play like that. But don't expect others to do the same in a 4 vs 4 out of respect.

Let us play how we want and you play how you want. But if you can't get that from other players, then go do some 4 vs 4 against AI. I'm sure they'll respect your honor code of 1 vs 1 and their other AI buddies won't attack you if you're engaged. Cause you know, these AI guys are programmed to be honorable fighters. Lol.

Sykoink
02-17-2017, 07:07 PM
I always play with a friend and we never gang up on 1 person. One of us always lets the other finish their own duel.

What i see a lot now is people begin with the unspoken honor rule and not attack you when its 2vs1 but when you start winning in the following rounds, they start to run at 1 person in the beginning of the next rounds or constantly gang up on the other one after one is dead. So first they have ''honor'' and then all of a sudden their honor is nowhere to be found when they start losing...and it gets better, when you start and do the same thing to them and you succeed....THEY RAGE QUIT..

Everything is allowed of course but if my partner is dead, i still would like to finish my own battle before stabbing me in the back, if not ok thats cool too, if i can't stand that, then i would need to play DUEL 1vs1 only.

But i have to say though, there is not much honor in the online community in the Brawl mode. It's still a game and people hate losing. Most of the time i try to let them finish their fights even when they didn't let me. Because if everybody starts fighting fire with fire even when they don't want to, its going to be like a domino effect and then the whole community starts doing it.

SO, if you have HONOR and you play with that unspoken rule or code..try to honor that code and set an example for the rest :o

FailOfHDDVD
02-17-2017, 07:08 PM
had one guy on my team doing 1v1 duel in a 4v4 game the entire time. These people need to see a doctor.

There's no honor in watching your teammate die while you can help.

DatUPSman
02-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Heh, well it's not so much honor as it is fun. I'd rather 1v1 any day. Revenge is garbage in my opinion, can help but meh. I just got done with a match where i was the last one fighting the other team and their whole team showed up to watch me fight him, killed him, fought and killed him again then fought their next person and died i think i revenged once but yeah. Those moments make the game enjoyable.

I usually just run up on a team mate and watch them fight 1v1 BECAUSE A, i don't want to give them revenge and B it's just a respectable thing to do idc how people think about it. I used to bum rush and 2v1 but meh i'd rather just watch things play out makes me feel like not a piece of garbage

Gnarxly
02-17-2017, 07:15 PM
Haha these people are 99% of chat griefers I see. If you don't condone to 1v1 you are the bigegst noob, *****, ****** and the raging often goes on and on. Ironicaly the cries are not very much of an honorly thing to do. In fact their "honor" s more often than not just a fasade of their imaginary world that they live in, as op has already pointed out.

FailOfHDDVD
02-17-2017, 07:16 PM
It's like a basketball game. Do you wait for 1v1 when you have a chance to "fastbreak"???

Do you see HONOR in basketball????
If not, then why we want one in VIDEO GAME?

SirCorrino
02-17-2017, 07:23 PM
Fair enough, but that's still boring and people like you will help Ubisoft realize that they made a mistake with certain game modes. 2v2 should be seperated So you can't double team.

If Ubi wanted it to be two 1v1s they wouldn't have coded the bots to gang up on people in the mode.

Deal with it, or queue for duels.

Vinnc3nt
02-17-2017, 07:31 PM
It's FOR Honor not WITH. DIfference.

That's the stupidiest thing i ever read in my life. The guys that write and repeat this quote really believe this? It has NO sense, its like:
"Let's kill people and steal their stuff while yelling FOR JUSTICE! because it's not the same that saying WITH JUSTICE! so it is right to do it".

Leaving this stuff behind:
I think that people that support that 2-4vs1 is right or interfere in a 1vs1 because "is dishonorable letting your comrade die" or "its war" etc miss the point that
the people that prefer honorable combat try to stablish:

Like this is not real war, and its a videogame, let's compare it to a sport. Lets imagine this is like tenis. You go to play 1vs1 matches with a friend vs 2 other people in the same stadium. You are really pro so you win your match faster than your friend and go to his stage to see how is he doing. You see your friend is losing so you decide the best you can do
is interfere in the match joining him, making 2vs1. People is going to look you bad. Why? Because tenis is a game of skill, so joining him you are telling the world he doesnt have enough skill to win by himself and needs help.
This situtation its not fair to the person you are playing against.

Yeah, the game let you do it, and this issue "the game let you do it, so its not wrong to do it" is in a LOT of games. But like in real life, you can do many things that are WRONG.

No matter what you say: Attacking a person from behind when he fighting a team mate its ********. There is no way to justify it. That's what we call dishonorable fight.

For me, I do the same some people said here: I changed mi rules of engagement depending on the enemy. If the enemy is honorable i'll be honorable, if not, i wont.

Sykoink
02-17-2017, 08:15 PM
You are misusing word "HONOR" you should use word "STUPIDITY" instead. There is no such thing as honor in fight to death. Deal with it...

Didn't i say, if i couldn't deal with it that i would play 1vs1 duel? Everyone can do as they please. And don't forget, the word ''honor'' doesn't mean the same for you as it does for me. Some do have honor in a fight to the death, others don't.

Have you ever seen a sanctioned fight for example a UFC fight? Let's say one fighter hints at the start ''Wanna touch gloves before we begin?'' by holding is hand out signalling to the other fighter, if that fighter nods in agreement, thats honor, respect whatever you want to call it...BUT its still a fight so if the other fighter agreed and then proceeds to kick him in the face instead, then the one who got kicked can't complain because its not illegal and its a fight (protect yourself at all times).. but i haven't seen them break that unspoken rule yet.

Maybe i should replace the word ''Honor'' with ''Respect''. Personally, i always have respect in the game for my opponent by not stabbing him in the back while he is dueling with my partner. That's just me. If others don't care about it, thats fine too. It's a game, do whatever you please.

Wolf-Heathen
02-17-2017, 08:19 PM
Hello everyone,

1vs1 no honor?

You know what makes you look childish? The fourth grade grammar with which you composed this message. Especially know the difference between "Moral" and "Morale" if you're going to emphasize it with caps and bold. Nor does your analogy make any sense as "For Honor" and "With Honor" literally mean the same thing. I mean, if you're going to go on a rant, at least use spell check. It's everywhere now.

Sykoink
02-17-2017, 08:27 PM
In combat sport sure, why not. It is by all means just plaything compared to martial arts. Heavy from rules. Do this, don't do this. I sorry but I don't respect, such thing. It diminishes martial arts.

Maybe you should learn the history of Martial Arts though. It's beyond me when you say that respect diminishes martial arts. Respect is one of the main focusses when you learn a martial art, especially a traditional martial art.

I know you can't compare a professional fight with a fight to the death, but the example i gave is still a form of respect and the unspoken rule that if you agree to touch gloves then you don't trick someone and knock that person out because he thought you were going to touch gloves before a fight.

Aelfyre27
02-17-2017, 08:50 PM
-grabs aloe for the incoming flame- I agree that complaining about the environmental hazards is silly, I agree griefing people in chat is silly as hell. but using the argument "there's no honor in combat" is really shallow to me.
There's no honor in combat- True, not dying is more important.
There's honor in sports- If rules are equal to honor then yep and 90% of the time it's to avoid injury to the people that are performing for your amusement.
even if you're an "athlete" in "e-sports" you're not at risk for death or injury. Best case you're being paid for your hobby (elevated slapping of hands, male sibling) on average you're participating in something to kill some time and at worst you're engaging in a distraction instead of doing something more important. None the mentioned reasoning on why you should PLAY a certain way are relevant. you do you and I'll do me, and I'll see you in the next one. Unless your life starts reflecting the activity in those pixels, I'm going to do whatever is enjoyable at the time. sorry, I guess?

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 08:56 PM
If you are playing 2v2 and you win your fight then jump in on your teammates fight not only are you doing yourself a disservice but you are also taking away the ability for your teammate to get better as well.

If you got a clean defeat of your opponent the least you can do is give your teammate the same chance.

If he fails then step in and clean up. If the guy can beat BOTH of you well he was just plain better than you guys that round and deserves to get that round win.

By all means disrespect the 1v1 and gang up on people and play however you want, but don't expect to be immune to criticism for doing it.

Aelfyre27
02-17-2017, 08:58 PM
Sure it is not life threatening. But this game is basically first person medieval(and bit later/earlier) battle simulation. So I will play it as such. And i will follow habits they had. And that means - sorry mate here is some iron to your back.
which is fine! I'm not going to troll you for getting a one sided match over with faster, hope we have better luck next round. As long as you don't troll me for letting a better player apply pressure to your prostate, we're all good!

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 09:00 PM
If you are playing 2v2 and you win your fight then jump in on your teammates fight not only are you doing yourself a disservice but you are also taking away the ability for your teammate to get better as well.

If you got a clean defeat of your opponent the least you can do is give your teammate the same chance.

If he fails then step in and clean up. If the guy can beat BOTH of you well he was just plain better than you guys that round and deserves to get that round win.

By all means disrespect the 1v1 and gang up on people and play however you want, but don't expect to be immune to criticism for doing it.

CAR0.
02-17-2017, 09:03 PM
So I do agree that 4v4s should be 4v4 however the only issue I have is when it is 3v1. Even if you manage to get a kill without dying you cannot execute so the enemy team will just revive. So its more of a factor of how long you will survive rather than being able to win. I think if you are last alive maybe it should be perma death on any attack so an execution is not needed? Just an idea.

Aelfyre27
02-17-2017, 09:05 PM
If you mean that I should be fine with you showing me that life often fcks you from both sides then by all means. My teammate failed me, that means i got trouble and need huge amount of skill/luck or simple nice and comfy coffin. In LoL if one line feeds whole team is fcked :D Lol I mean I may not decide to 2v1 one because that other guy is doing really well wrecking your ****, or I may hop in because he's got you all limbered up and ready for more (I use the royal "you" and in no way mean it personally) at the end of the day it doesn't really mean a whole lot. Griefing either playstyle is kinda goofy

Mathonn
02-17-2017, 09:16 PM
The correct behaviour it's to not cry on a chat, and not expect the same "fake honor code" you are living for from your enemy. You want to play with honor? Alright, but stop crying on the chat and GRIEFING your enemy because he plays how he wants. You are all harassers and salty players.

You really should take a step back and try reading what people post, and what you quote. I'm not here defending an imagined code, and my reply which you chose to quote was directed at someone your thread is arguing against so you either misquoted or just blindly attacked without reading.

Gnarxly
02-17-2017, 09:31 PM
You know what makes you look childish? The fourth grade grammar with which you composed this message. Especially know the difference between "Moral" and "Morale" if you're going to emphasize it with caps and bold. Nor does your analogy make any sense as "For Honor" and "With Honor" literally mean the same thing. I mean, if you're going to go on a rant, at least use spell check. It's everywhere now.

What's not childish about going out of the way to point at grammar on international gaming forums... the irony

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Just keep in mind if you are playing 2 v 2 and your only concern is winning, you also have a teammate that may not share the same concerns. He may even just tell the otehr two to just kill you off the back so the duels can return.

If you queue with a friend this is lessened but even if im with a friend, I would never gang up on someone. Period. Theres no skill involved in that.

If I play 2 v 2 or 4 v 4, do I expect honor? No. 4 v 4 is a cluster ****.

2 v 2 theres usually an unspoken rule of conduct. Is it always a thing? No. Mostly? By far.

Gyson
02-17-2017, 09:38 PM
I participated in a 2v2 Brawl and was honestly surprised when someone started complaining that we weren't having individual 1v1 duels. While enjoyable to watch, playing spectator is not the point of that mode. Engaging in 2v2 or 1v2 instead of 1v1v1v1 is not disrespecting the other players - they're well aware of the mode they opted to play in: it's a multi-person brawl - which comes with the expectation of exchanging blows with anyone or everyone at any given moment.

It is actually disrespectful to the 2v2 brawling game mode to try and turn it into something it's not (1v1 dueling). It is also disrespectful to the time of the people who voluntarily chose to participate in it for a brawl experience. If we want to start talking about having honor, why not begin there by honoring the choices people made when they signed up for a specific game mode?

The problem is this: insisting on 1v1 combat in a 2v2 match totally changes the dynamic of the game mode. In the former you have all the time in the world to play defensively and cautiously while sticking to your preferred strategy. You don't have a worry in the world beyond your current opponent because you know other opponents will patiently wait for you to finish your duel. That's not what 2v2 is supposed to be about. I would argue that the idea behind this particular game mode is to push players out of their comfort zone and encourage them to dispatch their current opponent as quickly as possible, even if it means taking unwanted risks, because you're always having to worry about the second opponent jumping in on your fight. It becomes necessary to place more emphasis on speed of the kill so you can be the one rushing to your teammates aid rather than finding yourself at the receiving end of two attackers first.

Better yet, drag your opponent over to your ally and his or her opponent. Frequently switch up partners, do area-effect attacks, etc. Force everyone there to be constantly aware of who the next attack is coming from - there's a reason we were given the ability to guard from multiple attackers and switch targets easily. I believe this is much closer to the true intention of 2v2 Brawls, at least when compared to the desire to turn it into two individual duels. Two skilled players successfully defending against attacks from two other opponents where targets and positions are being frequently switched back and forth sounds a whole lot more interesting to me than two groups of players standing far apart playing out two individual 1v1 duels.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 09:47 PM
I'm gonna state things a bit more harshly and bluntly than most other people here.

The majority of the players who are playing 2 v 2 are respecting the 1 v 1 and will spectate other matches.

The people who are talking about how its totes fine to jump in another persons fight in 2 v 2 are perfectly entitled to that opinion and can play however you want.

BUT

Since you are in the minority you WILL be criticized and looked down on by the majority for doing so. just like the people who disrespected the unspoken rules of conduct in Dark Souls.

You can't have it both ways. You can argue that its unfair or that you think you are in the right, but that is the situation. More people respect the 1v1 than people who don't.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 09:49 PM
I'm gonna state things a bit more harshly and bluntly than most other people here.

The majority of the players who are playing 2 v 2 are respecting the 1 v 1 and will spectate other matches.

The people who are talking about how its totes fine to jump in another persons fight in 2 v 2 are perfectly entitled to that opinion and can play however you want.

BUT

Since you are in the minority you WILL be criticized and looked down on by the majority for doing so. just like the people who disrespected the unspoken rules of conduct in Dark Souls.

You can't have it both ways.

Thats what Im saying. Im perfectly ok with being ganekd in all honesty... because then the person who ganked me gets to go against me next time...

and when I kick his face in the game... hehehe. Prepare for some criticism my friend. Revenge is best served with cold hard steel.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Thats what Im saying. Im perfectly ok with being ganekd in all honesty... because then the person who ganked me gets to go against me next time...

and when I kick his face in the game... hehehe. Prepare for some criticism my friend. Revenge is best served with cold hard steel.

Exactly.

No one is saying that these people literally CANT gank and 2 v 1 in 2 v 2

We are saying that if you do you will be looked down on and criticized for doing so. You are making your victory alot less impressive than if you had defeated them straight up.

If you consider a win a win regardless of how you get it then that is you and your standards. Its just that most people have higher standards of what they call a good win than that.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 10:01 PM
Exactly.

No one is saying that these people literally CANT gank and 2 v 1 in 2 v 2

We are saying that if you do you will be looked down on and criticized for doing so. You are making your voctory alot less hollow than if you had defeated them straight up.

Agreed. Plus theres no guarentee your teammate is going to gank when he beats his opponent if he does. Or if he's even going to fight his opponent. He may even tell the enemy to just double team you from the start. xD

Ive seen it happen and it makes me laugh xD

x509s_Finest
02-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Hello everyone,

... I don't know from where this behaviour came from but it's really stupid on a war/fight game, it's called a fight for some reason. Just imagine in real life that your mate/partner/bro is getting smashed on a fight and he needs help, would you lend a hand to him? Or you would say to him: "1vs1 scrub no honor" while he gets destroyed by someone. It's common sense right? Thanks...

Umm... Bushido? Chivalry? Nine Noble Virtues?... This game is about the Samurai, Knight, and Viking Warriors - should be an easy parallel to draw...

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Agreed. Plus theres no guarentee your teammate is going to gank when he beats his opponent if he does. Or if he's even going to fight his opponent. He may even tell the enemy to just double team you from the start. xD

Ive seen it happen and it makes me laugh xD

Exactly.

To me it makes it ALOT more interesting and satisfying as well. If I beat the first guy AND the second guy for the win that feels SO damn good.

forrest0755
02-17-2017, 10:41 PM
I fini this quite funny.Basically you're sayng that it's wrong to let someone die for their own mistakes in a fair 1v1 duel?Well,in real life I totally agree with you.But this is a game,not real life.You won't learn how to fight if I save you.Die,understand what you have done wrong,and then improve.It's like to help people in tests at school:everyone does that because failing one can get you behind/miss some opportunities.But in a game,you're really so desperate about winning that you gank others instead to improve your combat?Legit line of playng surely,but don't expect me to help you when you do mistakes.

I have jumped into fights to help people who are outnumbered or outmatched. Either they are facing 1 v 2, or facing someone who is really good at the game. But some people, will just leave once I jump in to help. Just yesterday in Elimination, I saw a teamate getting ganed up on, so I try to help, except he leaves once i try to help, and I end up dying. The honorbale thing to do is help your team mate in my mind. If I am specifically told not to intervene, I wont, but many people dont have mics, so I cant tell. I respect duels in Brawl, since that seems to be the way most people play, but in Domion, Skirmish, and most times in Elimination, that isnt the case. In Elimination I will fairly fight the enemy I start out near, if they do the same, but if they run to help their team, I will do the same. If they take a power up, I will retreat and try to get one as well. As a teammate, I help carry my team, if one teammate is struggling, I will try to help them. Thats what I think is hbonorable. No one gets left behind.

Leon026
02-17-2017, 10:42 PM
What amuses me the most are the ones that complain about 1v2 being unfair and dishonorable, and proceed to do exactly the same on someone else who wasnt involved in in the 'gank', and proceed to justify such behavior with "no care, weebs deserve to die".

I get it that some don't care about 1v1 and duels - but if that's the case, just shut up and play the game already, and don't act all surprised when I call up on your hypocrisy.

Gyson
02-17-2017, 10:49 PM

BUT

You can't have it both ways. You can argue that its unfair or that you think you are in the right, but that is the situation. More people respect the 1v1 than people who don't.

Well, if we're being blunt, you're essentially condoning the corruption of a game mode and encouraging others to do the same. I suspect there are many people who, like myself, are surprised when the criticisms come their way in-game. And I suspect you and others like you probably don't actually inform them that they have a consequence-free choice, but rather that they should really be honoring 1v1 duels - essentially teaching a biased philosophy that goes against the game-mode's very design.

Suggesting the policy of "live and let live" is fine, but once you start claiming to be on the side of the majority opinion and warning others that they will be looked down on by the masses for playing the game the way it's intended.. well, that's not promoting honor, it's more akin to bullying, mob mentality and peer pressure.

If you truly believe everyone should play in the manner they most prefer then you should go into 2v2 with the expectation of fighting two opponents at once, and (in your case) being pleasantly surprised when that doesn't happen, and also refraining from spouting criticisms when it does. Otherwise you're just really saying "play my way or prepare to listen to a lot of unjustified whining".

If we're being blunt. :p

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 10:57 PM
Well, if we're being blunt, you're essentially condoning the corruption of a game mode and encouraging others to do the same. I suspect there are many people who, like myself, are surprised when the criticisms come their way in-game. And I suspect you and others like you probably don't actually inform them that they have a consequence-free choice, but rather that they should really be honoring 1v1 duels - essentially teaching a biased philosophy that goes against the game-mode's very design.

Suggesting the policy of "live and let live" is fine, but once you start claiming to be on the side of the majority opinion and warning others that they will be looked down on by the masses for playing the game the way it's intended.. well, that's not promoting honor, it's more akin to bullying, mob mentality and peer pressure.

If you truly believe everyone should play in the manner they most prefer then you should go into 2v2 with the expectation of fighting two opponents at once, and (in your case) being pleasantly surprised when that doesn't happen, and also refraining from spouting criticisms when it does. Otherwise you're just really saying "play my way or prepare to listen to a lot of unjustified whining".

If we're being blunt. :p

Well, if we're being blunt.

You are the minority. The "Must win at all costs" persona in 2 v 2's is the minoirty. You will find about 95% of the playerbase to honor the 1 v 1 duels. YOU are the one trying to corrupt the game mode and trying to get people to play like cowards.

You will also find that alot of us dont actually critize people. We are very nice people until you decide to be... well dishonorable.

Even your teammate may be one to honor the 1 v 1, so if the two enemies gang up on you, he may just sit it out because you started the fire. Ive seen it happen.

So TLDR: You are the minority, The must win at any costs crowd is the minority in the 2 v 2 community.

Dont expect people to keep quiet about it. And if you gang up on the person taht was fighting your teammate and win, and then you fight him... If he knocks your teeth in, dont expect him to not laugh at you because you couldn't hold your own after you decided to gang up on him.

If we're being blunt :P

forrest0755
02-17-2017, 11:05 PM
If thats the way Brawl is, that is fine. I respect the 1v1 in Brawl. My problem is with the people who seem to think 4v4 should be about 1v1.

Leon026
02-17-2017, 11:07 PM
I also get the feeling that those that do honor the 1v1, will usually make a greeting sign when they ready up to face you. In 4v4 anyways, from what I've noticed - so I do that practice as well.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 11:10 PM
If thats the way Brawl is, that is fine. I respect the 1v1 in Brawl. My problem is with the people who seem to think 4v4 should be about 1v1.

Brawl is usually 1 v 1's x 2. 95% of the time.

I agree with you that 4 v 4 is not what brawl is. Thats fine.

Brawl since closed beta has had a unspoken rule of conduct. It is law? No. But its kind of those bonds ya know? We know to respect the one v one. Its just sportsmanship.

If you break the unspoken rule of conduct, then theres no reason to not expect any sort of criticism.

There's also a chance your teammate is going to leave you out to dry for that decision. It's just how it is man.

Its why i dont care much for 4 v 4 as its just a cluster**** and isn't really about skill. its why 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 is where skill is at and thats where I hang out.

Ive also met some really nice people and its nice when you leave the brawl and the end and in the next one, your teammate is on the enemy team. You both go "hey whats up!"

Its usually a really friendly thing.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 11:20 PM
95% of statistics are made up on the spot, if we're being blunt :D

Or you can actually play 2 v 2's, play honorably, and actually find out that I am right. lol

forrest0755
02-17-2017, 11:21 PM
I wouldnt say 4v4 lacks skill. Its just a different type of skill. It requires more awareness of your surroundings, requires better positioning, and requires knowing how to fight 2 people at once. I enjoy being ganged up on. There is no better feeling than surviving being attacked by 3 people at once. I like team play, and even though some people dont seem to undestand how to work as a team in these modes, and just go out solo and try to be a hero, its nice when you get team that works well together. I like fighting 1 v 1 on occasion, and it is s,ighty annoying when you are in a really good fight with someone and then it gets interuppted, but you just have to roll with that.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 11:28 PM
I wouldnt say 4v4 lacks skill. Its just a different type of skill. It requires more awareness of your surroundings, requires better positioning, and requires knowing how to fight 2 people at once. I enjoy being ganged up on. There is no better feeling than surviving being attacked by 3 people at once. I like team play, and even though some people dont seem to undestand how to work as a team in these modes, and just go out solo and try to be a hero, its nice when you get team that works well together. I like fighting 1 v 1 on occasion, and it is s,ighty annoying when you are in a really good fight with someone and then it gets interuppted, but you just have to roll with that.

Ok. I was a little bit incorrect with 4 v 4 lacks skill. I do apologize.

it just lacks actual player skill in terms of playing your characater and winning. Like.... the 1 v 1 skill. 4 v 4 is a whole nother set of skills that I dont really consider to be well... relevant.. Then again, like you said.

You play 4 v 4's. I play 1 v 1's and 2 v 2's. Thats where my skill comes from.

I main the conq and here are my stats: Deathmatch: 100:00, 5.00. I think I had like one game with my conq. Its disappointing... I know.

Objective mode: 0:00 and O KDA. I dont play dominoin..

but then you get to my duel modes:

84:38% winrate.

3.00 KDR. For every death I have, I kill 3 people. I dont know about you, but thats bad ***. And this is over about a two day period. I am goign to see how it is next Friday and see the average.

Mathonn
02-17-2017, 11:31 PM

You are the minority. The "Must win at all costs" persona in 2 v 2's is the minoirty. You will find about 95% of the playerbase to honor the 1 v 1 duels. YOU are the one trying to corrupt the game mode and trying to get people to play like cowards.

You will also find that alot of us dont actually critize people. We are very nice people until you decide to be... well dishonorable.

Even your teammate may be one to honor the 1 v 1, so if the two enemies gang up on you, he may just sit it out because you started the fire. Ive seen it happen.

So TLDR: You are the minority, The must win at any costs crowd is the minority in the 2 v 2 community.

Dont expect people to keep quiet about it. And if you gang up on the person taht was fighting your teammate and win, and then you fight him... If he knocks your teeth in, dont expect him to not laugh at you because you couldn't hold your own after you decided to gang up on him.

If we're being blunt, you have no clue who the minority is, your just claiming it to defend your argument. There are no numbers to back it up. I could easily note that the majority of my Brawls have either ended in a player assisting another or the team losing quoting, neither suggestive of any form of honor, and could then assume that this is how the majority play.

YOU just called Players playing the BRAWL mode cowards for taking on the game mode as suggested by both title and design of the modes, and immediately followed by suggesting that "a lot of us don't actually criticize people" which simple serves as proof that you have no clue when you toss out terms like "most", "a lot", or even "us" since your attempting to include yourself as non critical in the same breath that you criticize everyone.

And once again, pretending you hold some code of honor is cute, but the majority of so called "honorable" players don't grasp the complexity of the concept (hmm, deja vu) and show it by tossing aside their "code" at the first chance.

And the next person to quote samurai, chivalry, or bushido as their reasoning should really pickup a few dozen history books instead of the romanticized movies they seem to be drawing inspiration from.

Gyson
02-17-2017, 11:42 PM

Completely made up statistics aside, it's not a "must win at all costs" persona. It's a "chose a specific game mode for a specific reason" persona. Why do you feel like you have the right to criticize someone for engaging in multi-person combat in a game mode specifically labeled "2v2 Brawl"? It's not advertised as a tag-team event where turns are taken - it's a multi-person brawl. The truth is you're the one who is trying to impose made-up rules that are a) your personal preference and b) coming from outside the game's design, not the other person who is only playing the game as intended.

And, no, you're absolutely not "very nice people" if you decide to criticize and harass others for playing that particular 2v2 game-mode as it's intended. They're not being "dishonorable" when they get involved in what you obviously perceive as "your personal and private battle" - they're just trying to enjoy a mutli-person brawl, which should be of no surprise since that's the game mode they intentionally signed up for.

In reality you're the one here who is being "dishonorable" (if we're going to keep tossing that term around) by wasting everyone's time and signing up for a game-mode you obviously have no interest in playing "correctly". It would be like me signing up for a game of two-on-two basketball and then griping whenever more than one person challenges me at any given moment. There is a 1v1 dueling game-mode specifically in place for people like yourself who want that private dueling experience.

That's the problem with this 1v1 "for honor" argument: if it were up to you every fight would be a 1v1 engagement leaving absolutely nowhere for anyone to enjoy multi-person combat in this game. Where are they supposed to go for that kind of gameplay if not 2v2 and 4v4? Why did the developers bother to work on a system that allows target switching and defending from multiple opponents if we're always going to turn every single game mode into 1v1 dueling?

If you want to practice that "honor" your side keeps going on about I suggest starting with no longer arguing that everyone should help turn this entire game into a 1v1 dueling simulator. It's very selfish to insist that every mode go that route.

Sykoink
02-17-2017, 11:45 PM
I don't like your example. I want to win the game. Why is that so bad? I'm not breaking any rules by helping out my teammate to end a fight quicker and get a win.

No you are certainly not breaking any rules, there are no rules. If you want to play the game that way then thats your choice and its not bad at all. But people are just divided on this topic.

Personally i think its much more fun to see how my teammate is doing and if he can pull of the win, if he can't, ok lets see if that enemy can take me on after that as well.

I also like it the other way around, when my teammate kills his opponent and i'm still dueling and he's spectating to see if i can pull of the win too. To me personally its much less fun if my teammate jumps in and kills my opponent in a couple of quick hits because i want to get better too and see who comes out on top in the end. Now if my teammate doesn't spectate and jumps in, i won't make a big deal about it or tell him what he can or can't do.

I just like it when there's pure skill involved, just like in Gears of War 1 back in the day for example when almost the entire opposition died and 1 is left against a friend and myself, we would always say ok you go ahead and see who wins. It gives our opponent a better chance and it gives the one who is taking him on the chance to show off and see if he can win 1vs1 because 2vs1 would be too easy.

So i'm not really against it, its just personal preference, there are no rules, play the game in a way that makes it fun for you. Everyone has their own definition of fun :cool:

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 11:47 PM
If we're being blunt, you have no clue who the minority is, your just claiming it to defend your argument. There are no numbers to back it up. I could easily note that the majority of my Brawls have either ended in a player assisting another or the team losing quoting, neither suggestive of any form of honor, and could then assume that this is how the majority play.

YOU just called Players playing the BRAWL mode cowards for taking on the game mode as suggested by both title and design of the modes, and immediately followed by suggesting that "a lot of us don't actually criticize people" which simple serves as proof that you have no clue when you toss out terms like "most", "a lot", or even "us" since your attempting to include yourself as non critical in the same breath that you criticize everyone.

And once again, pretending you hold some code of honor is cute, but the majority of so called "honorable" players don't grasp the complexity of the concept (hmm, deja vu) and show it by tossing aside their "code" at the first chance.

And the next person to quote samurai, chivalry, or bushido as their reasoning should really pickup a few dozen history books instead of the romanticized movies they seem to be drawing inspiration from.

I do have a clue to what the minority is. I live in the brawl and duel modes.

Oh and FYI, if you look up your statistics for each characters, theres 3 options.

Deathmatch.
OBjective.
And DUEL modes. So the game actually says brawl is a DUEL mode...

and I've never quoted the chivalry thing cause I know history. I know it was a bunch of crap. Knights especially.

That being said, ganging up on someone period, in real life or not, is cowardly. Theres no way around it. It's like three bullies trying to pick on a nerd. its cowardaice. Period.

Ive said before I dont expect brawls to be 1 v 1's only, HOWEVER, it is very well known at my level of play that most people play with honor. They play the duel.

Ive said this before. If you gank someone and next round you fight them... and they knock your teeth in because you messed with someone beyond your caliber/Out of your league, don't expect any heartfeld gratitude. They will more than likely laugh at you. It's happened before.

Im not trying to be mean here. I don't mean to sound like that, but you guys haven't actually really seen brawls from my side. When you guys play the "Win at all costs" card, yes. You will pretty much see its all out war. HOWEVER, if you ever do try out the honorable lifestyle, you will see just how the brawl community is.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 11:53 PM
Completely made up statistics aside, it's not a "must win at all costs" persona. It's a "chose a specific game mode for a specific reason" persona. Why do you feel like you have the right to criticize someone for engaging in multi-person combat in a game mode specifically labeled "2v2 Brawl"? [/B] [/B]It's not advertised as a tag-team event where turns are taken - it's a multi-person brawl. The truth is you're the one who is trying to impose made-up rules that are a) your personal preference and b) coming from outside the game's design, not the other person who is only playing the game as intended.

And, no, you're absolutely not "very nice people" if you decide to criticize and harass others for playing that particular 2v2 game-mode as it's intended. They're not being "dishonorable" when they get involved in what you obviously perceive as "your personal and private battle" - they're just trying to enjoy a mutli-person brawl, which should be of no surprise since that's the game mode they intentionally signed up for.

In reality you're the one here who is being "dishonorable" (if we're going to keep tossing that term around) by wasting everyone's time and signing up for a game-mode you obviously have no interest in playing "correctly". It would be like me signing up for a game of two-on-two basketball and then griping whenever more than one person challenges me at any given moment. There is a 1v1 dueling game-mode specifically in place for people like yourself who want that private dueling experience.

That's the problem with this 1v1 "for honor" argument: if it were up to you every fight would be a 1v1 engagement leaving absolutely nowhere for anyone to enjoy multi-person combat in this game. Where are they supposed to go for that kind of gameplay if not 2v2 and 4v4? Why did the developers bother to work on a system that allows target switching and defending from multiple opponents if we're always going to turn every single game mode into 1v1 dueling?

If you want to practice that "honor" your side keeps going on about I suggest starting with no longer arguing that everyone should help turn this entire game into a 1v1 dueling simulator. It's very selfish to insist that every mode go that route.

Thats fair. However, I never said if you wanted all out far, you couldn't go to 4 v 4. I honestly hate 4 v 4. Its a cluster****. Brawls is where I live and from my personal experience, the vast majority of people adhere to the code of honor tht ive stated.

And before you go off and say that brawl is listed as all out far, I want you to do something for me. Pick your favorite character. Go to view progression. Dont click on it but hover. There are 3 modes listed.

Deathmatch((4 v 4 and Skirmish))
Objective((Dominoin))
and Duel Modes((1 v 1 and 2 v 2)).

2 v 2 is listed under duel modes... so no the game advertises it as a duel mode. Its literally there.

That being said, yes you can gank up on someone. Thats an option. But you are the minority. I want you to do something for me. Play twenty 2 v 2's. Play the honorable lifestyle like ive mentioned. Dont gank unless you are ganked. I guarentee 15 of those will be honorable if not more. This isn't counting environmental kills though. I mean ganking.

Just try and do that for me. You will see differently I believe.

If you continue to want to gank people, thats your choice but if you do what I ask you, you will see just how awesome the community is in 2 v 2's

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 11:54 PM
You =/= the community.
Thats some serious ego you have there.

Alright. if you want to play that way, fine. Whatever. I really dont care. I just asked you to try it out the way I play, and you will ****ing see how brawls actually play out. You continue to just want to do what you want to do without actually trying another way. you refuse to believe that there is actually other people out there like me.

Your stuck in your own little world and I give up trying to argue with you. your statement is ignorant and its tiring. You win. Good day to you.

SirCorrino
02-18-2017, 12:10 AM

Oh and FYI, if you look up your statistics for each characters, theres 3 options.

Deathmatch.
OBjective.

and I've never quoted the chivalry thing cause I know history. I know it was a bunch of crap. Knights especially.

That being said, ganging up on someone period, in real life or not, is cowardly. Theres no way around it. It's like three bullies trying to pick on a nerd. its cowardaice. Period.

Ive said before I dont expect brawls to be 1 v 1's only, HOWEVER, it is very well known at my level of play that most people play with honor. They play the duel.

Ive said this before. If you gank someone and next round you fight them... and they knock your teeth in because you messed with someone beyond your caliber/Out of your league, don't expect any heartfeld gratitude. They will more than likely laugh at you. It's happened before.

Im not trying to be mean here. I don't mean to sound like that, but you guys haven't actually really seen brawls from my side. When you guys play the "Win at all costs" card, yes. You will pretty much see its all out war. HOWEVER, if you ever do try out the honorable lifestyle, you will see just how the brawl community is.

Like I said before, if they intended brawl to be 2x 1v1 duels they wouldn't have programmed the bots to gang up on whoever they think is the stronger player.

Gyson
02-18-2017, 12:14 AM

Deathmatch.
OBjective.

Honestly, the more arguments I see from the "1v1 = honor" side, the more I get the impression that:

1) Some people just dislike fighting multiple opponents at once, perhaps because they lack the skills to do so and have no interest in learning them, situational awareness is their weakness, etc.

2) They prefer their comfort zones. They want to fight a very specific way, and don't like conditions that force them to pick up the pace and be more aggressive. When multiple opponents can come at you at any moment, you can't really afford to spend minutes dispatching a single opponent.

3) Some people just want to make sure they have (literally) a captive audience watching while they duel someone else, which is why they opt for 2v2 modes instead of 1v1.

Sauronbaine
02-18-2017, 12:15 AM
Like I said before, if they intended brawl to be 2x 1v1 duels they wouldn't have programmed the bots to gang up on whoever they think is the stronger player.

Alright. Whatever you say. There are two sides to this debate and argueing any further is just gonna be a heated E-peen contest. Play how you play, just dont expect others to agree.

Sauronbaine
02-18-2017, 12:18 AM
Honestly, the more arguments I see from the "1v1 = honor" side, the more I get the impression that:

1) Some people just dislike fighting multiple opponents at once, perhaps because they lack the skills to do so and have no interest in learning them, situational awareness is their weakness, etc.

2) They prefer their comfort zones. They want to fight a very specific way, and don't like conditions that force them to pick up the pace and be more aggressive. When multiple opponents can come at you at any moment, you can't really afford to spend minutes dispatching a single opponent.

3) Some people just want to make sure they have (literally) a captive audience watching while they duel someone else, which is why they opt for 2v2 modes instead of 1v1.

I rather not respond cause it wouldn't be pretty the way I would respond. lol

Mathonn
02-18-2017, 12:18 AM

Deathmatch.
OBjective.

No, you still have no clue what the majority of the playerbase across the platforms believes is right, wrong, or fine to go along with, you just have the small sampling of your experiences and how they have gone. Your experience as a single player in a vast sea of players is not evidence of "majority".

Yes, Brawl is slotted in the duel modes, as it is a duel between two parties and not a wide spread game mode. The term duel does not require the two parties involved to be individuals, in the case of a 2v2 it is the "2" versus the other "2".

The honorable lifestyle you live? As in bailing on teammates and shaming those that don't play your way? No thanks, I would rather practice loyalty and compassion as I quietly live by my code.

It's not about a "win at all cost" mentality for many (and I can point to the posts for evidence if you'd like), it is about understanding that team modes are team modes.

Play your way, by all means, but stop trying to shame others into playing your way.

Sauronbaine
02-18-2017, 12:21 AM
Seems on the forums I am the minority so its pointless to argue since im alone. You guys win. Take care and see you on the battlefield. I actually hope I do.

Gyson
02-18-2017, 12:28 AM
And before you go off and say that brawl is listed as all out far, I want you to do something for me. Pick your favorite character. Go to view progression. Dont click on it but hover. There are 3 modes listed.

Deathmatch((4 v 4 and Skirmish))
Objective((Dominoin))
and Duel Modes((1 v 1 and 2 v 2)).

2 v 2 is listed under duel modes... so no the game advertises it as a duel mode. Its literally there.

Actually, on the map it is referred to as "Duel & Brawl" (implying two different mode types) and "1v1 Duel" and "2v2 Brawl". More importantly, in the in-game description for "2v2 Brawl" it states: "Team up with an ally and fight against two opponents in a Brawl". Where as for "1v1 Duel" it specifically states "Defend your honor and fight against your opponent in a 1 versus 1 Duel".

Now, 1v1 is pretty self explanatory. The confusion seems to be about 2v2, and I don't know about you, but not assisting my team mate does not sound like "teaming up" to me. And how are you "fighting against two opponents" if you always have to wait for your teammate to dispatch one by him/herself?

So, yes, the intentions are literally there in the descriptions - although not necessarily the way you are choosing to interpret it.

Mathonn
02-18-2017, 01:54 AM

That's because you are correct and, historically speaking, those are the same basic reasons duelists dueled then as well.

It is all about the ego.

Duelists are the American Football Wide Receivers of For Honor. Sure they can be good, yes some work hard at getting better, but when they draw a double team many will whine for days about not getting the ball so they can get their stats up. The double team is, however, a sign of respect for the receiver by the defense. Be sure though that there are many duelists that simply go about their business regardless and are not concerned with whom, or how many, they face.

Personally, I prefer the linemen of For Honor, working hard and taking on double teams to help the team get the job done, without concern for stats or glory.

no_stamina
02-18-2017, 06:43 AM
I'm really glad to see people getting real involved with this fact. This is not a thread created to tilt the "honor" players but created to play as you want in the way you like without getting harassed because they don't agree with you about your gameplay by "HONOR" people. Let's all play as mature, this game is rated +18. Please have consideration and education before everything else.

FailOfHDDVD
02-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Completely made up statistics aside, it's not a "must win at all costs" persona. It's a "chose a specific game mode for a specific reason" persona. Why do you feel like you have the right to criticize someone for engaging in multi-person combat in a game mode specifically labeled "2v2 Brawl"? It's not advertised as a tag-team event where turns are taken - it's a multi-person brawl. The truth is you're the one who is trying to impose made-up rules that are a) your personal preference and b) coming from outside the game's design, not the other person who is only playing the game as intended.

Very well said, you spoke my thoughts, thumbs up!

FailOfHDDVD
02-18-2017, 04:42 PM

Please tell us where you get the stats 95% from?

You are playing 2v2 team game. If you want 1v1, go on 1v1 duel, there is a game mode for that in case you didn't see it.

Vinnc3nt
02-19-2017, 11:43 PM

Sight.... The bots are not programmed to gank. The bots are programmed to attack enemies, end of story, or have you ever seen a bot repositioning to attack you from behind? or try to push you to a cliff again and again? They don't do that, just run at you and attack.

Well, getting back to the point:

The thing here is, there are some players that enjoy more fighting 1vs1 style but also enjoy fighting 4vs4 because they can play with friends and there are more enemies to defeat. Lets be real, the combat system is not mean to engage more than 1 person, it has some options to defend yourself, like vengeance. But vengeance only push your enemies (1-2 secs of relief) and then give you an extra shield. In a 3vs1, if those 3 coordinate, they're going to attack for left, right and up simultaneously, how the hell are going to defend from that? The same against 2 people, if they coordinate to attack at the same time from diferent angles, you are screwed.

So, for the people that use the concept of honor (more like "respect" concept), prefer to fight 1vs1 because it depends more on skill than anything else. Gang up to beat someone its quite easy, and the game allows you that, but like I said in a post before: That life allows you to do something, doesn't mean you have to do it, and more importantly, it doesn't mean it is correct.

Well, ending this:
The game let you decide how to play, you can respect 1vs1 or just brawl and ending doing 3vs1 or 2vs1, but if the person being beaten by 3 of you tells you that you're being disrespectful with him because he respected 1vs1 on his last battle and then get beaten by the other 3 teammates of his rival and consideres that is not fair. Well, you'll have to take it, you maybe won't like it, but that what it is.
Because a normal person can tell that a 3vs1 or 2vs1 is not fair. If you embrace the way of brawl (or like some people say "the dishonorable way"), people will complain on you with a good reason, and don't come here to complain because what are you gonna say? "3 dudes gang up together and hit the crap of a guy and he got mad, HOW UNFAIR!"
Really?

Decide which way you wanna play, and embrace the consequences, but don't come to the forums to make people lose his time with such reasons.

GewaltSam
02-20-2017, 12:30 AM
You know, the bestest and nicest people I met, guys who decorated the whole arena with parts of my berserker, where also the ones playing the dirtiest - and the most comical, for that matter. I had a 4v4 yesterday against some real monsters. 3:0 mostly, but they gave us 1on1s, because they knew they at least get *some* challenge out of it. Now, when I was chipping at their Nobushi on a bridge for a while, I switched by mistake to the Shugoki who was just passing by our fight really sloooooowly walking. Me, berserking through my chain like a mad man, gave him this heavy right into his guts - Shugoki continued walking like nothing ever happened. I guess the Nobushi just lost it as much as I did, because we both stopped the dance just long enough to get the tears out of our vision :D

This is how For Honor should be played: Being respectful to your opponent, beating the **** out of them if they give you the opportunity, and having a blast while doing it.

Melekiasa
02-20-2017, 12:41 AM
Sight.... The bots are not programmed to gank. The bots are programmed to attack enemies, end of story, or have you ever seen a bot repositioning to attack you from behind? or try to push you to a cliff again and again? They don't do that, just run at you and attack.

Not true at all. The bots are vicious little monsters at times. They will prioritize throwing you off things, ganging up on a guy, etc. Saw one earlier today book it (off a point no less) because 3 of our team showed up to kill it. I really like the bots. They are programmed to kill their enemies as quickly and effectively as

So, for the people that use the concept of honor (more like "respect" concept), prefer to fight 1vs1 because it depends more on skill than anything else. Gang up to beat someone its quite easy, and the game allows you that, but like I said in a post before: That life allows you to do something, doesn't mean you have to do it, and more importantly, it doesn't mean it is correct.

(Not really responding directly to you, Vince, just a good statement to use as a springboard)

Sadly I am not nearly as eloquent as Gyson, but I would argue that those "honorable" players who complain about getting "ganked" because their opponents lack skill tend to come off as childish. Wouldn't a truly honorable warrior (I feel like a dufus typing that) acknowledge that maybe they themselves were not skilled enough to defeat 2 opponents at once? Or maybe they weren't skilled enough to finish off their first opponent quickly enough?

No, of course not, it can't possibly be because you made errors, or aren't as skilled, or what have you. It must be because these DISHONORABLE peasants have to resort to cheap tricks to win. You are not a honor-bound warrior. Those didn't really exist, by the way, as most warriors who prioritized such a code wouldn't have remained living warriors for very long.

I do know that if I come and join my teammate to finish you off, it's because I was "skilled" enough in a 1v1 to kill your teammate quickly.

Philosophical idiocy over a video game aside, I do tend to leave off the other fight if my teammate has that on lockdown. For practical reasons, since jumping into a fight can seriously mess up your partner. I have seen so many times that a win was lost because a partner clipped their teammate with a wild attack, stopping a killshot or giving the enemy a revenge charge. If my buddy's got this, then they don't need my fat warlord *** just getting in the way... unless there's a clear charge off a cliff, then they are going to fly.

Melekiasa
02-20-2017, 12:52 AM
You know, the bestest and nicest people I met, guys who decorated the whole arena with parts of my berserker, where also the ones playing the dirtiest - and the most comical, for that matter. I had a 4v4 yesterday against some real monsters. 3:0 mostly, but they gave us 1on1s, because they knew they at least get *some* challenge out of it. Now, when I was chipping at their Nobushi on a bridge for a while, I switched by mistake to the Shugoki who was just passing by our fight really sloooooowly walking. Me, berserking through my chain like a mad man, gave him this heavy right into his guts - Shugoki continued walking like nothing ever happened. I guess the Nobushi just lost it as much as I did, because we both stopped the dance just long enough to get the tears out of our vision :D

This is how For Honor should be played: Being respectful to your opponent, beating the **** out of them if they give you the opportunity, and having a blast while doing it.

This guy gets it.

What bothers me about the "HONORABLE" crowd: a manifesto.

Anyone who rages or whines in chat about something not going their way is taking things a little too seriously. I understand we're in the achievements and gearscore culture of games now, but really? It's a game - have fun playing it! There's a thread on here of a guy saying how depressing it is to have maxed his gear and there's no reason to keep playing. Play the game, have fun with it!

Today I was fighting a LB on point C (the map with the holes in the floor that open during the match). Long fight, really tense, each of us trying to bait the other into getting grabbed and tossed in the hole. Suddenly and without warning, a conq charges from out of my view and shieldslams me down the hole. OMG NO HONOR? Hell no, it was hilarious. If I want heated duels, that's what 1v1 is for. If I want objective-based "large" scale action, that's what dominion is. If I want to limit myself to fighting only 2 dudes at once, then 2v2 it is.

Reign
02-20-2017, 01:22 AM
I read the honor thread when I first started playing and it got into my head, what a horrible mistake. Sure in a duel I try not to ledge kill people and if I do I quick chat "I'm sorry" because it feels cheap. But in every other game mode I am out for blood and that's the rules, do what ever, how ever I can to secure the win for my team. And the whole time my conscious is clear knowing that 90% of the player base would not sit idle while I fought someone or toss my a** in that whole. This is digital war, and war is hell.

CF_Alrik
02-20-2017, 02:45 AM
It seems to me this thread has mostly become people restating their points, without taking into consideration what the others have said.

I like the concept of honor and i abide by it throughout my 1v1s and 2v2s (i get flamed sometimes by my teammates for not helping them with their fight after ive finished mine). Even if the enemy team choses to gang up on me, I will still try to adhere to it in the following matches. However, it is a philosophy that you cannot impose on others.

I whole-heartedly agree with the stickied honor system thread. Being honorable in combat, respecting duels etc is something you do for yourself. It is a personal choice that i have made and stand by, but i cannot hold others to my own ruleset, nor should i feel superior because of it.
As soon as someone starts flaming in chat they pretty much forfeit any honor they might have had otherwise.

Now in Dominion i play a different game myself. Its not honorable to watch a duel of 2 others while we do not gain points of the contested controlpoint. Honor has no place in Dominion if you ask me, because you are an active detriment to your team if you purposely hold back. Unlike duel and brawl where it is purely about combat skill, Dominion factors in many other aspects, such as map awareness and teamwork. Disposing of your enemy as fast as possible is critical to your teams success and for that every method is fine.
Only exception for me is, if the enemy team is breaking and there is only one guy left. In that case i will give him the chance to duel 1v1, which again is a personal choice and i do not expect this courtesy from the enemy team, not do i expect my own teammates to follow my example. Writing "lol 3v1, noobs!" in chat has got nothing to do with honor. Its just a player who is salty because he lacked map awareness or picked a bad engagement.

TL;DR
I like being honorable, but for myself and not to feel superior over others who do not follow the same code. Everyone is free to play as they choose and ganging up on someone in any gamemode is absolutely fine. There is a duel mode for those that only want to do 1v1s (i myself almost exclusively play duel mode).

FailOfHDDVD
02-20-2017, 02:52 AM
It seems to me this thread has mostly become people restating their points, without taking into consideration what the others have said.

I like the concept of honor and i abide by it throughout my 1v1s and 2v2s (i get flamed sometimes by my teammates for not helping them with their fight after ive finished mine). Even if the enemy team choses to gang up on me, I will still try to adhere to it in the following matches. However, it is a philosophy that you cannot impose on others.

I whole-heartedly agree with the stickied honor system thread. Being honorable in combat, respecting duels etc is something you do for yourself. It is a personal choice that i have made and stand by, but i cannot hold others to my own ruleset, nor should i feel superior because of it.
As soon as someone starts flaming in chat they pretty much forfeit any honor they might have had otherwise.

Now in Dominion i play a different game myself. Its not honorable to watch a duel of 2 others while we do not gain points of the contested controlpoint. Honor has no place in Dominion if you ask me, because you are an active detriment to your team if you purposely hold back. Unlike duel and brawl where it is purely about combat skill, Dominion factors in many other aspects, such as map awareness and teamwork. Disposing of your enemy as fast as possible is critical to your teams success and for that every method is fine.
Only exception for me is, if the enemy team is breaking and there is only one guy left. In that case i will give him the chance to duel 1v1, which again is a personal choice and i do not expect this courtesy from the enemy team, not do i expect my own teammates to follow my example. Writing "lol 3v1, noobs!" in chat has got nothing to do with honor. Its just a player who is salty because he lacked map awareness or picked a bad engagement.

TL;DR
I like being honorable, but for myself and not to feel superior over others who do not follow the same code. Everyone is free to play as they choose and ganging up on someone in any gamemode is absolutely fine. There is a duel mode for those that only want to do 1v1s (i myself almost exclusively play duel mode).

Very logical! Thanks for your input on this matter

Furholden
02-20-2017, 03:43 PM
For all you "honorable warriors" out there, wait till ranked comes.

Roman672
02-20-2017, 05:38 PM
I think a lot of people are confusing the term "honor." First things first when tackling this issue. Throw whatever you have in your mind as being "honorable" out the window. Nobody cares about your lofty ideals when getting down to facts. Second, if you can't do the first part of this and haven't figured out that there are dictionaries online that tell us what words mean, you have no right putting your ideals of "honor" out there.

All right....ready....steady....go!

high respect; esteem.
"his portrait hangs in the place of honor"
synonyms: distinction, recognition, privilege, glory, kudos, cachet, prestige, merit, credit; More
antonyms: disgrace

a person or thing that brings credit.
"you are an honor to our profession"

adherence to what is right or to a conventional standard of conduct.
plural noun: honours; plural noun: honors
"I must as a matter of honor avoid any taint of dishonesty"
synonyms: integrity, honesty, uprightness, ethics, morals, morality, principles, high principles, righteousness, high-mindedness; More
antonyms: unscrupulousness, dishonor

a privilege.
"the great poet of whom it is my honor to speak tonight"
synonyms: privilege, pleasure, pride, joy; More
antonyms: shame

a thing conferred as a distinction, especially an official award for bravery or achievement.
"the highest military honors"
synonyms: accolade, award, reward, prize, decoration, distinction, medal, ribbon, star, laurel
"military honors"

Now, different warriors around the globe had very different ideals of what honor was, but generally speaking, it was always referring to someone's merits on the field with high respect. "You bring honor to your family." This phrase states that you bring respect/esteem to your family. Honor in dueling was a completely different situation. They had a second, a person that represented their someone of higher stature's interests. Sometimes a second would fight on behalf of their master/lord/etc. Sometimes, a seconds job was only to come to terms with the opponents second on how the duel would be fought (i.e. weapons, time, grounds, etc.). If two people were not of higher stature and dueled, once again, they would come to acceptable terms with each other and notify the witnesses of the duel of those terms so that both fighters were held to a degree of "honor" by an audience.

I think this is what people want, this isn't what's going to happen. If it's 1v1, it's unspoken and a formulated rule set to measure skill against skill alone. If it's 2v2 or more, it's now a battle and battles were never won on the grounds of honor. This isn't King Arthur, this is a gentlemen's duel to first blood. This is, just like all shooters, kill them all until you and whoever is on your team stand atop the pile of corpses knowing that as a team you have communal esteem. This game does not have conventional standards of conduct across any other game modes other than 1v1. AI matches don't abide by your ******** honor code, so why would you expect players to do that? What, because they're people? Real people like winning. Nobody likes losing. Participation ribbons are ********. History doesn't remember the loser, victor's have always written history, honor or no honor. Get used to the way this game works or find another game.

P.S. Sorry for the long post, just really tired of lofty ideals of honor in a damn video game.

Furholden
02-20-2017, 05:52 PM
I think a lot of people are confusing the term "honor." First things first when tackling this issue. Throw whatever you have in your mind as being "honorable" out the window. Nobody cares about your lofty ideals when getting down to facts. Second, if you can't do the first part of this and haven't figured out that there are dictionaries online that tell us what words mean, you have no right putting your ideals of "honor" out there.

All right....ready....steady....go!

high respect; esteem.
"his portrait hangs in the place of honor"
synonyms: distinction, recognition, privilege, glory, kudos, cachet, prestige, merit, credit; More
antonyms: disgrace

a person or thing that brings credit.
"you are an honor to our profession"

adherence to what is right or to a conventional standard of conduct.
plural noun: honours; plural noun: honors
"I must as a matter of honor avoid any taint of dishonesty"
synonyms: integrity, honesty, uprightness, ethics, morals, morality, principles, high principles, righteousness, high-mindedness; More
antonyms: unscrupulousness, dishonor

a privilege.
"the great poet of whom it is my honor to speak tonight"
synonyms: privilege, pleasure, pride, joy; More
antonyms: shame

a thing conferred as a distinction, especially an official award for bravery or achievement.
"the highest military honors"
synonyms: accolade, award, reward, prize, decoration, distinction, medal, ribbon, star, laurel
"military honors"

Now, different warriors around the globe had very different ideals of what honor was, but generally speaking, it was always referring to someone's merits on the field with high respect. "You bring honor to your family." This phrase states that you bring respect/esteem to your family. Honor in dueling was a completely different situation. They had a second, a person that represented their someone of higher stature's interests. Sometimes a second would fight on behalf of their master/lord/etc. Sometimes, a seconds job was only to come to terms with the opponents second on how the duel would be fought (i.e. weapons, time, grounds, etc.). If two people were not of higher stature and dueled, once again, they would come to acceptable terms with each other and notify the witnesses of the duel of those terms so that both fighters were held to a degree of "honor" by an audience.

I think this is what people want, this isn't what's going to happen. If it's 1v1, it's unspoken and a formulated rule set to measure skill against skill alone. If it's 2v2 or more, it's now a battle and battles were never won on the grounds of honor. This isn't King Arthur, this is a gentlemen's duel to first blood. This is, just like all shooters, kill them all until you and whoever is on your team stand atop the pile of corpses knowing that as a team you have communal esteem. This game does not have conventional standards of conduct across any other game modes other than 1v1. AI matches don't abide by your ******** honor code, so why would you expect players to do that? What, because they're people? Real people like winning. Nobody likes losing. Participation ribbons are ********. History doesn't remember the loser, victor's have always written history, honor or no honor. Get used to the way this game works or find another game.

P.S. Sorry for the long post, just really tired of lofty ideals of honor in a damn video game.

This is so on point. Honestly nobody cares about your morals.

Outside of 1v1 modes, there's no such thing as a 1v1 "duel". Everything outside of 1v1 modes is a brawl.

I seriously can't figure out why these honorable wouldn't stick to 1v1 duel mode to exercise their morals. I got so pissed off at this one guy who wouldn't help me gank the last remaining enemy. And we lost the game 3:2.

Applying these "honorable" morals and values OUTSIDE of 1v1 duel mode is what is the cancer of this community. It is affecting how others are able to enjoy this game at all and frankly it is selfish.

Captain-Courage
02-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Honor is a notion far too vague, complex, and too much dependent of historical and cultural landscape to be expected to be followed by everyone the same way, simply because there is no objective definition of what honor is.

You know, this kind of atrocity (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/08/pakistani-woman-burned-daughter-zeenat-rafiq-alive-marriage) was perpetuated "for honor"

ReyusD
02-22-2017, 04:58 PM

so why do you cry about it in the forums when someone is telling the truth in ingame chat.

when you interfere in a nice 1 vs 1 there is a propabiliy that both sides dont like it.

and when someone then writes no honor this is nothing but the truth.

you grief others and then cry in the forums about people telling you the truth.

your imaginary "i have to do whatever it takes to win" code disturbs others even in your own team.

also i had lots of people who did nothing but give the enemy revenge and then died horribly.
and then their enemy has been revived because he didnt camp the corpse.

Jadarok
02-22-2017, 05:01 PM
They just need to add a "Duel Lobby" option in custom. A map or game mode or something. Where 8+ player can stand around an arena while two people walk to the center, spam emotes, and fight while the rest watch and they can have that fight club they really want.

SnueGliffer
02-22-2017, 05:26 PM
so why do you cry about it in the forums when someone is telling the truth in ingame chat.

when you interfere in a nice 1 vs 1 there is a propabiliy that both sides dont like it.

and when someone then writes no honor this is nothing but the truth.

you grief others and then cry in the forums about people telling you the truth.

your imaginary "i have to do whatever it takes to win" code disturbs others even in your own team.

also i had lots of people who did nothing but give the enemy revenge and then died horribly.
and then their enemy has been revived because he didnt camp the corpse.

Nothing about that post implies that he is "crying" about anything, it's obvious who the frustrated party is here. It's the people who simply cannot deal with having multiple people gang up on them in 4v4. The truth here is that people are obviously angry about being ganked because otherwise they wouldn't be talking about "honor" in a video game where the objective is to work together as a team to take down your opponents. There is nothing imaginary about the "I have to do whatever it takes to win" mentality as this is exactly what the game encourages to begin with, a system has been put in place for a reason but people still want to ignore it and instead impose their own make believe rules on other players. We get it, you don't like being ganked, but talking about playing with "honor" (a word a lot of people don't even seem to understand the meaning of) isn't going to change the fact you can't handle playing in a team based game mode.

Duels have been put in for this exact reason, if you're looking for a fair fight then play 1v1. No one is forcing you to play the team based game modes.

SovereignBear
02-22-2017, 05:42 PM
This is so on point. Honestly nobody cares about your morals.

Outside of 1v1 modes, there's no such thing as a 1v1 "duel". Everything outside of 1v1 modes is a brawl.

I seriously can't figure out why these honorable wouldn't stick to 1v1 duel mode to exercise their morals. I got so pissed off at this one guy who wouldn't help me gank the last remaining enemy. And we lost the game 3:2.

Applying these "honorable" morals and values OUTSIDE of 1v1 duel mode is what is the cancer of this community. It is affecting how others are able to enjoy this game at all and frankly it is selfish.

So you get pissed at a teammate that you lost to a better player because you couldn't fight it?
Do you also blame other problems on other people too? Learn from your mistakes and become a better player, don't whine because you lost to a skillful player.

KSEActual
02-22-2017, 05:48 PM
**** honor.

VALHALLA!!!

Deus vult my brother.

Skorn! Let their blood flow! Like the rivers through Odins land! Perhaps today one of these honor bound fools will be able to grant me a glorious death.

ReyusD
02-22-2017, 06:07 PM
Nothing about that post implies that he is "crying" about anything, it's obvious who the frustrated party is here. It's the people who simply cannot deal with having multiple people gang up on them in 4v4. The truth here is that people are obviously angry about being ganked because otherwise they wouldn't be talking about "honor" in a video game where the objective is to work together as a team to take down your opponents. There is nothing imaginary about the "I have to do whatever it takes to win" mentality as this is exactly what the game encourages to begin with, a system has been put in place for a reason but people still want to ignore it and instead impose their own make believe rules on other players. We get it, you don't like being ganked, but talking about playing with "honor" (a word a lot of people don't even seem to understand the meaning of) isn't going to change the fact you can't handle playing in a team based game mode.

Duels have been put in for this exact reason, if you're looking for a fair fight then play 1v1. No one is forcing you to play the team based game modes.

the crying was a reference to him saying people cry when they write no honor in ingame chat
if thats crying hes crying too

nothing is obvious exept in your reality

when does the game encourages you to win whatever it takes? does it encourage you at any point in cheating?
it does nothing, it just throws 8 people in 2 teams in an arena.

and if its so team based why are you facing a single enemy in every corner of the map?

why arent you in a line in the center of the map?

you dont know the system behind it and you dont know the reason.
also you dont know if someone cant handle this or that.

you know nothing its just your opinion based on your imagination what you think is right.

and you do the very same that you tell others not to do which tells a lot.

do whatever you want in elimination, team up or dont team up - run or dont run.
but dont come into the forum crying someone wrote no honor in ingame chat.

this topic is btw a prime example of what the story is trying to tell

Gretta_Blade
02-22-2017, 06:12 PM
Hello everyone,

1vs1 no honor?

People enter a game called for honor then find out it has nothing to do with honor and is just another gank fest they wasted 60 bucks on, what surprises me more is that people actually think there are still morals in this world they should adhere to, they should know better then to come to a game created in world of millennials and try to apply old school standards of reason, teamwork and honor. This generation has no courage, honor or common sense. They cant even make change without a register telling them how much. All they got is get gud, which they cant even spell good right so thats all need to see from some smartass, multi tatted, pierced ****** who never finished high school.

Brave_Thunder
02-22-2017, 06:30 PM
At the beginning,I was one that pretended matches to be played with honor.But soon,I understood that it was a useless call,because cowards...ehm,sorry,smart players can't beat even a lvl 0 bot alone,they are too smart to play a fair game.So,when I play some elimination(only for the quests,I mostly play 1v1 where either you beat me with skill or you lose)I just take my pk and fight my first duel.If it ends like 3v1 for the enemy,and I see those cowards try to gank me rather than letting me a fair fight,I just run.Have fun running around 3 minutes till the game ends.

SnueGliffer
02-22-2017, 07:39 PM
the crying was a reference to him saying people cry when they write no honor in ingame chat
if thats crying hes crying too

nothing is obvious exept in your reality

when does the game encourages you to win whatever it takes? does it encourage you at any point in cheating?
it does nothing, it just throws 8 people in 2 teams in an arena.

and if its so team based why are you facing a single enemy in every corner of the map?

why arent you in a line in the center of the map?

you dont know the system behind it and you dont know the reason.
also you dont know if someone cant handle this or that.

you know nothing its just your opinion based on your imagination what you think is right.

and you do the very same that you tell others not to do which tells a lot.

do whatever you want in elimination, team up or dont team up - run or dont run.
but dont come into the forum crying someone wrote no honor in ingame chat.

this topic is btw a prime example of what the story is trying to tell

Your logic is warped. No he's not crying because he's telling people that there is no rules as to how the game HAS to be played. He's not telling people how to play the game, he's telling people they can't complaing about how others choose to play it. There is no frustration on his part as he is able to play the game as he wants and doesn't have to yell at people to play it a certain way. He is not getting angry at people who don't want to gang up on opponents.

It's clear from the amount of anger in in-game chat and on these forums that the frustration is coming from one side and not the other. A blind man riding backwards on a horse could see this. Here is a list of threads I can currently see in the general discussion:

"Implement Honor/Dishonor system"
"Who here is actually honorable?"
"No honor in For Honor "

All on the same page, combine this with in-game chat and it's clear where the most angry party is coming from.

Cheating? Where are you getting that from? How is using in-game mechanics cheating? "when does the game encourages you to win whatever it takes?" Uhm I don't know, perhaps it's the fact the game lets you. 1. Throw people off edges, 2. Throw people into fire and spikes, 3. REVIVE TEAMMATES and 4. Has a revenge mechanic specifically for engaging multiple opponents.

Never at any point have I told people how to play the game, that's the point you're missing here. Nobody is angry that some people want to have their 1v1 honor battles, if they choose to do so then it's no problem to me. It's THEM who have a problem with how I want to play the game, you only have to look at all the anger coming form people to see that they insist on the game being played one way.

"also you dont know if someone cant handle this or that." Clearly I can because they start raging out in chat about it, that's usually a good indicator as to how someone feels about something you know?

"you know nothing its just your opinion based on your imagination what you think is right." You're not even making sense at this point. It's my imagination what I think is right? What? I'm not trying to force what I think is the right way to play on anyone, like I said, I'm not the one with the problem here. People like YOU are the ones who are getting angry about others playing a game a certain way, not us.

AKDagriZ
02-22-2017, 07:57 PM
When i join Brawl and i have an enemy bystander .I attack him in the middle of my fight to force him to join.i play brawl only in the hope to get caught in a 1 vs 2. im adoring it .in dominion or elimination it harder to perform good because you will more likely end up in a 3-4 VS 1-2.But in brawl you have the opportunity to practice beytter the revenge mode because you only have 2 opponent to focus on .No minions no objectives etc...

I will often run right away to my teamate avoiding to duel to create A BRAWL a real 2 vs 2.where we both strike dodge and switch target .That is the best part of the game.

it doesnt mean i will be dirty . or ''honorless''. if my teamate have a very nice fight with is enemy i wont interfer at all cost.Everything happen in a brawl that is what so amazing with BRAWL

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 08:05 PM
When i join Brawl and i have an enemy bystander .I attack him in the middle of my fight to force him to join.i play brawl only in the hope to get caught in a 1 vs 2. im adoring it .in dominion or elimination it harder to perform good because you will more likely end up in a 3-4 VS 1-2.But in brawl you have the opportunity to practice beytter the revenge mode because you only have 2 opponent to focus on .No minions no objectives etc...

I will often run right away to my teamate avoiding to duel to create A BRAWL a real 2 vs 2.where we both strike dodge and switch target .That is the best part of the game.

it doesnt mean i will be dirty . or ''honorless''. if my teamate have a very nice fight with is enemy i wont interfer at all cost.Everything happen in a brawl that is what so amazing with BRAWL

There's no reason to want a 1v2. If you win a 1v2, you've learned nothing, as your opponents don't know what they're doing. And when the 2 players do play it right, it's pretty much the same as 1v1 + a bystander that gets in some free heavy attacks time after time, either on guardbreak or your attack attempt.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-22-2017, 08:11 PM
For those wondering exactly what the rules of engagement say for each game mode.

Read here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1586712-For-those-of-you-confused-by-the-game-mode-rules)

AKDagriZ
02-22-2017, 09:37 PM
There's no reason to want a 1v2. If you win a 1v2, you've learned nothing, as your opponents don't know what they're doing. And when the 2 players do play it right, it's pretty much the same as 1v1 + a bystander that gets in some free heavy attacks time after time, either on guardbreak or your attack attempt.

dont tell me how I want to play the game

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 09:44 PM
dont tell me how I want to play the game

If I answer in the same manner: don't tell me what to tell you.
But really, I'm just bringing you another perspective of how to look at it. And I can bring you another perspective on how to look at my post: Obviously, I'm not in control of changing what you like in a game, but the post contains an additional data about how the 2v1 ideally goes and counters your specific point of it being a practice. So you could either discuss the topic of "how much of a practice it actually is, considering what both of us said", or say "dont tell me how I want to play the game". You chose the latter, so I guess there's no discussion anymore.

D_cover
02-22-2017, 09:52 PM
This is a double edge sword.

Fair enough if you kill your target and actually help your team mate who is getting seven shades of **** kicked out of them. But it is annoying as hell when you find a flaw against your opponent like players fighting to offensive so you wear them down and at the last second someone jumps in and takes your kill. Ruins the fun of the game and is extremely annoying. Let alone makes people leave the lobby. So those that want to grind XP and gear end up having to go through the painful wait of match making.

On the other hand if it is neck and neck and some *** hat jumps in swinging wild against a player that can parry and block well on top of carrying very good revenge gear it can wreck you both. Then because of that player you lose the game.

So in these situations under these circumstances it is probably best to actually stay out of a fight rather than run in.

Also ruining execution. This has happened to me so many times I will actually have a successful guard break and some idiot comes in and steals the kill with a light attack. Because they wanted the kill. Then I will be forced to sit on the body so it can't be revived. Then someone will go down and ask for a revive so I will be forced to leave the body as I revive my team mate. the enemy will get revived so I end up in a 2v1 myself because I didn't have enough time to get to my team and revive them.

But fair enough if your team mate is getting his *** handed to him. Help out nothing wrong with that.

I've just come across too many players that want to just get to the top of the score board with take downs.

These players ruin Dominion matches as well.

But at the same time players that respect 1 v 1's are just as bad.

When I was playing Dominion my team was losing we had lost two points and had one contested. As I was fighting someone on the contested point an Orichi that was on my team climbed the ladder and just watched us fighting. I don't care about this "honor crap" when it comes to Dominion. It is how many points your team has from captures.So just standing their on a contested point watching a fight is going to cost the whole team the game.

But yeah basically rather than kill stealing or respecting 1v1 it would probably be better to use good judgement. You see your team mate getting beat save him. You see he is handling the fight leave him.

ReyusD
02-23-2017, 11:01 AM
"also you dont know if someone cant handle this or that."[/I][/B] Clearly I can because they start raging out in chat about it, that's usually a good indicator as to how someone feels about something you know?

"you know nothing its just your opinion based on your imagination what you think is right." You're not even making sense at this point. It's my imagination what I think is right? What? I'm not trying to force what I think is the right way to play on anyone, like I said, I'm not the one with the problem here. People like YOU are the ones who are getting angry about others playing a game a certain way, not us.

for someone who has no problem your quite active in every thread to state your opinion.
if you had no problem you wouldnt do that,

the point was that people write no honor in ingame chat, nothing else.
noone cares what someone wrote to you in in chat.
you cant take other statements and say their incorrect when your not even on the same page.

noone is raging, your only trying to say everyone is raging which makes you the guy with the problem.

again if someone is writing no honor in chat its just a statement, probably also to his own team that they cant expect honorable play from your team.
if your going with the win whatever it takes mentality you shouldnt have a problem with that,

and thats all facts you cant deny, so you can only cry and point your finger at someone else.

SnueGliffer
02-23-2017, 05:01 PM
for someone who has no problem your quite active in every thread to state your opinion.
if you had no problem you wouldnt do that,

the point was that people write no honor in ingame chat, nothing else.
noone cares what someone wrote to you in in chat.
you cant take other statements and say their incorrect when your not even on the same page.

noone is raging, your only trying to say everyone is raging which makes you the guy with the problem.

again if someone is writing no honor in chat its just a statement, probably also to his own team that they cant expect honorable play from your team.
if your going with the win whatever it takes mentality you shouldnt have a problem with that,

and thats all facts you cant deny, so you can only cry and point your finger at someone else.

"the point was that people write no honor in ingame chat, nothing else."

What? Do you speak on behalf of all people who play this game? A lot people are more vocal than that, I've had games where people explode into an insult ridden tirade because they've gotten ganked. Yesterday I had a Russian guy tell me he "hopes my mother dies like ***** she is" because I pushed him off a cliff edge.

"noone is raging, your only trying to say everyone is raging which makes you the guy with the problem."

You've buried your head in the sand if you do not believe that anybody is raging, there is a reason there are so many threads being made about this issue and as I just pointed out there are plenty of people who get VERY vocal about playing with honor, maybe not you but you are not a representative of the For Honor playerbase. I have a screenshot of someone threatening to ddos the other team if they didn't stop ganking.

"again if someone is writing no honor in chat its just a statement, probably also to his own team that they cant expect honorable play from your team."

Again, why are you talking as if you're the ambassador for these people? Some people don't just "make a statement" they go berserk the second they get teamed up on. This happens every other game to me, it's like in 7 out 10 times in 4v4 there's always someone who gets angry about this. You only speak for yourself, not for the rest of the community.

"and that's all facts you can't deny"

Considering absolutely nothing you've said is a fact, I can very well deny it. :p

Reign
02-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Ran into an "honorable" player last night who sent me a nice message saying I was a "no life f****** homosexual and to 1v1 him" because he had the misfortune of trying to cap a point a team mate and I were in the process of capping. Team play in a team game mode go figure, all of this was over him being killed once. Yet he didn't mention of the times he and I met 1v1 during that match and I had downed him then as well. Look I get it you have this imaginary code to play by and that's fine, do what you want it's your game. But inflating this sense of honor is getting people stoked up to the point they are verbally attacking people who don't follow this code made up by a small sub-section of the community. Having said that I have pretty thick skin after 20(ish) years of online gaming so this message made me chuckle but it still is quite ironic that these so called "honorable" players are the ones spewing hate like this over breaking imaginary rules.

kanuzira
02-23-2017, 08:23 PM
There is no honor in dying

CF_Alrik
02-24-2017, 01:24 AM
Ran into an "honorable" player last night who sent me a nice message saying I was a "no life f****** homosexual and to 1v1 him" because he had the misfortune of trying to cap a point a team mate and I were in the process of capping. Team play in a team game mode go figure, all of this was over him being killed once. Yet he didn't mention of the times he and I met 1v1 during that match and I had downed him then as well. Look I get it you have this imaginary code to play by and that's fine, do what you want it's your game. But inflating this sense of honor is getting people stoked up to the point they are verbally attacking people who don't follow this code made up by a small sub-section of the community. Having said that I have pretty thick skin after 20(ish) years of online gaming so this message made me chuckle but it still is quite ironic that these so called "honorable" players are the ones spewing hate like this over breaking imaginary rules.

That is not someone abiding by a code of honor, but rather a salty kid who cannot handle losing.

lNogardl
02-24-2017, 01:31 AM
I stand by my own honor code, if my opponent throws it out the window then it's game on, i'll join in and I'm never salty about it, but if they respect it, then i'll keep doing it, simple as that. All these salty ****s complaining about "honor" need to understand this mentality.

EvolvedMonkey97
02-24-2017, 05:51 AM
1v1: I avoid ledge-tossing/fire-tossing/spike-tossing unless other player does it first or attempts to do it but fails. After that no holds barred.
2v2: Ledge-tossing/environment hazards are ok, I only gank in retaliation to another gank.
4v4: All out war, no restrictions, no apologies (Except for comedic effect).

MisterCynic18
02-24-2017, 07:05 AM
1v1: I avoid ledge-tossing/fire-tossing/spike-tossing unless other player does it first or attempts to do it but fails. After that no holds barred.
2v2: Ledge-tossing/environment hazards are ok, I only gank in retaliation to another gank.

Pretty much this, though environment kills a lot of the time can be accidents in 1v1. Some of these stages are just awful for duels. I'll generally keep to the honor rules even if it doesn't seem like my opponent is, if only because I won't be learning to play better if I end matches five seconds in by tossing everyone off ledges.

I'd love a duel mode without all the extra concerns; no stage traps, no revenge, final destination

FailOfHDDVD
02-24-2017, 07:27 AM

There are some people asking for honorable 1v1 duel in a 4v4 dominion game. Pretty sad