PDA

View Full Version : Praise the sun! They were watching the forums!

Scoregasms2286
02-17-2017, 02:52 AM
I just logged on tonight, after being on campus all day. Did my daily routine of checking the forums and BEHOLD!!! Ubisoft has finally made a post concerning all of the complaints that have been going through the forums.

Honestly, I am extremely happy to finally see a responsive from ubisoft, it was not even a 'beat around the bush' response.

They listed what will soon be taking effect concerning that said hero.

Also they are fixing the issue where if 2 players GB at almost exactly the same time, while the later 1 wins the trade leaving the first player 100% free to the punishment, for not even doing a mistake, but being robbed. They said they are going to incorporate it to where the player who drew the bad card, will now be able to CGB the other if this scenario happens.

I can only say that this is a step in the proper direction, and the players are finally getting feedback.

Full article: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements

UbiNoty
02-17-2017, 03:06 AM
We are always on the forums and all of our channels taking in all of the posts, feedback and topics that you bring up. :D
Due to the sheer number of new threads that are created all the time, we cannot answer to every single one, but yes, we're always here!
Thank you all for the passion and dedication you have shown towards For Honor - we know not everything has been perfect, but with your help we hope to keep improving as we go forward.

E-A-X
02-17-2017, 03:16 AM
Feels nice that you, ubisoft, doesnt leave us hanging with something that needs fixing etc. :). Makes me happy and makes me also do not regret my preorder gold edition.
Also im still hoping you find another solution to the networking, it would be nice to hear what your plans are to fix the lobbies actually aswell (also if you have plans communicate them to your community, because if theres no info hatespread increases), like playing with friends is only frustration and a waiting simulator because some1 always gets kicked, cant connect, has errorcodes and so on - those two issues are the most annoying in this game, its not even the balance beeing a bit off, because thats totaly normal - it is the bugs that causes you to not even play and enjoy the game, so always keep that in mind if some1 writes a hatepost about this game and rages bout the connectivity.
Dont even be angry at them for raging, you have to understand that the connectivity issue doesnt just exist since for Honor, its there for tooooooo looooong now.

Fuzzybutts
02-17-2017, 03:18 AM
o/ can you seperate skirmish and elimination matchmaking while your at it? Its literally the most frequently reposted thread that isn't complaining about PK or Orochi.

Scoregasms2286
02-17-2017, 03:23 AM
We are always on the forums and all of our channels taking in all of the posts, feedback and topics that you bring up. :D
Due to the sheer number of new threads that are created all the time, we cannot answer to every single one, but yes, we're always here!
Thank you all for the passion and dedication you have shown towards For Honor - we know not everything has been perfect, but with your help we hope to keep improving as we go forward.

I have been here since the very first test with 6 heroes playable.

Yes I was frustrated at the current build, but I taught myself to adapt to the new build and continue to grow. Honestly hearing back from you guys, seem like you really want to calm everyone down who is upset easing their frustration and hopefully start enjoying the game again.

I am very excited to see how the valk will now play out, used to be my main when she was first introduced, I excitedly picked her up again on release, only to be denied any type of combo (besides the knockdown combos). I had to play 100% or else I would lose, currently she feels slow, and near impossible to use her full arsenal. I am hoping these changes will make her follow-ups more deadly.

Few statistics showing my sadness towards valk:

Valk Duel win ratio: 39.02% and KDA: 0.95
LB Duel win ratio: 71.43% and KDA: 2.00
No Nobushi games yet

Gashybashy
02-17-2017, 03:23 AM

So what about the Lawbringer then? He's had a lot of complaints and rightfully so. For a class that is all about the punishment he has very little opportunity to do so, he's simply too slow. That's just one of the problems.

Scoregasms2286
02-17-2017, 03:26 AM
o/ can you seperate skirmish and elimination matchmaking while your at it? Its literally the most frequently reposted thread that isn't complaining about PK or Orochi.

This haha, Many suggestions to have Elimination/Skirmish the same type of selection as Duel/Brawl.

Scoregasms2286
02-17-2017, 03:29 AM
So what about the Lawbringer then? He's had a lot of complaints and rightfully so. For a class that is all about the punishment he has very little opportunity to do so, he's simply too slow. That's just one of the problems.

Gashy, try this out. You block and attack, you shove, go for a GB, if successful you get a free side heavy attack, which can also be followed up with another shove. His shoves also punish the enemies stamina, take full advantage of using it against players who fatigued.

A lot of characters deadly combos are not listed in the game, they are usually found out by players realizing which moves to use based on the stagger effect to achieve the most optimal damage.

Gashybashy
02-17-2017, 03:40 AM
Gashy, try this out. You block and attack, you shove, go for a GB, if successful you get a free side heavy attack, which can also be followed up with another shove. His shoves also punish the enemies stamina, take full advantage of using it against players who fatigued.

A lot of characters deadly combos are not listed in the game, they are usually found out by players realizing which moves to use based on the stagger effect to achieve the most optimal damage.

I'm well aware. Don't speak like i'm some newbie, I know what he can and can't do. That's exactly why i'm asking if anything is gonna be changed about the LB because in general his moveset is extremely limited, and his reactions can for the most part easily be avoided or even blocked. He has very little in the way of guaranteed damage, even his changing guard directions is sluggish compared to other heavies like the Raider

Not to even mention that his damage is bad in general as well. Go to the knight forum in the combat section and you'll see big lists of what's wrong with him and what could be improved. He's not unplayable, but he's not in a good spot either. He's considered just about the worst class at this point in time, at the bottom of all lists and even tests with AI vs AI. Literally everything he can do some other class can do as well and most likely do better than him.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-17-2017, 03:45 AM
\|T|/

Dekallis
02-17-2017, 03:47 AM
But no raider buffs tho. Guess I'll continue maining valk. Till raider can actually do something in pvp besides get parried.

eliteslayer66
02-17-2017, 03:47 AM
I can't believe they didn't mention Lawbringer. I hope they are still working on him

Scoregasms2286
02-17-2017, 03:51 AM
I'm well aware. Don't speak like i'm some newbie, I know what he can and can't do. That's exactly why i'm asking if anything is gonna be changed about the LB because in general his moveset is extremely limited, and his reactions can for the most part easily be avoided or even blocked. He has very little in the way of guaranteed damage, even his changing guard directions is sluggish compared to other heavies like the Raider

Not to even mention that his damage is bad in general as well. Go to the knight forum in the combat section and you'll see big lists of what's wrong with him and what could be improved. He's not unplayable, but he's not in a good spot either

Did not mean to come off that way, sorry.

However I have to disagree with you on damage, I really feel like everyone complaining just does not use him how he is meant to be played. Quick note, the player who won the 1v1 tournament during the beta (He used warlord) has now switched to LB because his move set is amazing. I will say his light attacks do little damage, but to be fair, most of his light attacks are very quick. Also not guaranteed? If you get GB off, you get a free side heavy (left or right), overhead is too slow, so defender will block it or parry you and punish you. Your shove will also knock down a fatigued player which again, gurantees you a free side heavy.

His games are very slow though just because he is easily punishable if he plays aggressive.

Tillo.
02-17-2017, 04:05 AM
When?

Scoregasms2286
02-17-2017, 04:35 AM
When?

when did he switch? Literally on release.

Video of the streamer TrU3Ta1ent going against Krankeman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nrUoGcNfxM

Skip to 3:40 when he realizes its him.

Tillo.
02-17-2017, 04:43 AM
When will we get the update...