PDA

View Full Version : Gear and Prestige levels are NOT gated

Fo1v
02-17-2017, 02:33 AM
I had this argument on multiple forums previously, and I just want to finally put it to rest. I have reached max obtainable gear level on my raider (108, all purples maxed out) and I am still matched with non-prestige players with often times low gear score. Below is proof:

https://imgur.com/gallery/R7b7Y

SovietRoulette
02-17-2017, 02:36 AM
yeah the lack of any form of matchmaking is kinda mindboggling at times but you gotta live with it sadly, there are more pressing issues at the moment like certain classes being either massively underpowered or massively overpowered.

notorious879
02-17-2017, 02:37 AM
Got a question about that btw. Once you reach Prestige 3 on one char, you can drop purple, right? My question is : If i am Rep 3 on a warden for exemple, could i be looting purple if i start a whole new " classe "? Or i have to get this class to prestige 3 again?

Lufury
02-17-2017, 02:38 AM
are you serious? So you are going to tell me that you prefer a matchmaking that uses the Level to find players? I HOPE ITS NOT LIKE THIS! You can level up by bots 24/7. Wtf guys cmon.

notorious879
02-17-2017, 02:43 AM
To be honnest i'm at 74 and Pres 3 and i cut new player like papper.. Right now meanwhile waiting for an answer about class swapp and purple gear, i'm keep bashing over and over again the same games..

And Yeah i'm agreed with him, level does impact, just by one big fact, as my experience, you know theese ragequit moment all the game in the world have? Well others games that doesnt make ur game crash. Here yes.

And new player rage quit a lot when getting outplayed.

While dedicated player, play for pure skill and keep push until have thattt ****ing execution on his head.

TucuReborn
02-17-2017, 02:46 AM
Got a question about that btw. Once you reach Prestige 3 on one char, you can drop purple, right? My question is : If i am Rep 3 on a warden for exemple, could i be looting purple if i start a whole new " classe "? Or i have to get this class to prestige 3 again?

Drop is tied to class level, so no. You would need to level every class to three to get purples on all of them.

pRaX85
02-17-2017, 02:47 AM
To be honnest i'm at 74 and Pres 3 and i cut new player like papper.. Right now meanwhile waiting for an answer about class swapp and purple gear, i'm keep bashing over and over again the same games..

And Yeah i'm agreed with him, level does impact, just by one big fact, as my experience, you know theese ragequit moment all the game in the world have? Well others games that doesnt make ur game crash. Here yes.

While dedicated player, play for pure skill and keep push until have thattt ****ing execution on his head.

Ofc they quit if you happen to be "too" good. Why should they stay? Depending on how much better you are, they won't learn a thing and won't get any better. You have to take small steps. Being on a level playingfield, then surpass it and reach a higher level playing field. And so on.

What you describe is that you'd like to be a professional boxer and go into a pre-school, beating all the toddlers up and then complain that they just quit (died). So, what do you actually want? Fair and good fights? Or just a power fantasy? Looks like the latter to me.

The MM is complete trash at the moment or non-existant at all. Who knows...

Kerie70
02-17-2017, 02:47 AM
I know this doesn't relate but as a Viking player, that axe... it's a work of beauty

PlagueGripes
02-17-2017, 02:49 AM
Yeah, AI throws a lot of the whole idea of matching by level into the wind.

Question, though: Blues seem to start dropping at level 30, although they're still very uncommon. I assume you get your first purple at 60 (prestige 3). Since you can't upgrade rarity, but can level up items, I guess it's safe to assume purples are also very rare past 60, but can be leveled up to whatever the max rank is at 108?

notorious879
02-17-2017, 02:56 AM
Well i'm not getting fun of it, i just think that level matching would be much fun.

I had fun for the first 20 hours, right now i just read that i need to do the same bash again on all the class. Doesnt really make me enjoy either.

R4ISINGSuN
02-17-2017, 03:18 AM
I had this argument on multiple forums previously, and I just want to finally put it to rest. I have reached max obtainable gear level on my raider (108, all purples maxed out) and I am still matched with non-prestige players with often times low gear score. Below is proof:

https://imgur.com/gallery/R7b7Y

You got it wrong
1st: Imagine you would only be in a lobby with prestige 3 guys
How long do you want to wait to find these guys to match up quieckly ?(guess there were not so many prestige 3 players around yet

2nd: When u get into a lobby with these guys, they mostly have another character with higher level (gearlevel)
Example: If u have one character prestige 3 but you started another one u will always going to be added to a lobby with other highrated players 👍🏻

The Painkiller
02-17-2017, 03:47 AM
Any Legendary gear found?

CaptianBeetle
02-17-2017, 04:06 AM
The game released 2 days ago and you're already at that level and gear... During the weekdays... And you want to join matches with people already at your level and gear score.

What do you do for your life exactly? Because your schedule must be extremely clear.

Fo1v
02-17-2017, 06:06 AM
yeah the lack of any form of matchmaking is kinda mindboggling at times but you gotta live with it sadly, there are more pressing issues at the moment like certain classes being either massively underpowered or massively overpowered.

Agreed

You would have to reach prestige 3 with the new class.

are you serious? So you are going to tell me that you prefer a matchmaking that uses the Level to find players? I HOPE ITS NOT LIKE THIS! You can level up by bots 24/7. Wtf guys cmon.

I am not saying much of anything. I am simply demonstrating the way it is.

Seems to be the case for the most part. Duels still offer the gear-less fights people may prefer at least.

Drop is tied to class level, so no. You would need to level every class to three to get purples on all of them.

Right, exactly.

Ofc they quit if you happen to be "too" good. Why should they stay? Depending on how much better you are, they won't learn a thing and won't get any better. You have to take small steps. Being on a level playingfield, then surpass it and reach a higher level playing field. And so on.

What you describe is that you'd like to be a professional boxer and go into a pre-school, beating all the toddlers up and then complain that they just quit (died). So, what do you actually want? Fair and good fights? Or just a power fantasy? Looks like the latter to me.

The MM is complete trash at the moment or non-existant at all. Who knows...

Hm, I am the exact opposite. I usually never leave a lobby until I learn to beat the person I'm losing to. I like to improve in that way.

I know this doesn't relate but as a Viking player, that axe... it's a work of beauty

It is quite cool. I actually prefer this dragon-head shaped axe that I have for my defense build :)

Yeah, AI throws a lot of the whole idea of matching by level into the wind.

Question, though: Blues seem to start dropping at level 30, although they're still very uncommon. I assume you get your first purple at 60 (prestige 3). Since you can't upgrade rarity, but can level up items, I guess it's safe to assume purples are also very rare past 60, but can be leveled up to whatever the max rank is at 108?

Purples have been fairly common for me to find so far. I get one at least once every three matches or so it seems.

Well i'm not getting fun of it, i just think that level matching would be much fun.

I had fun for the first 20 hours, right now i just read that i need to do the same bash again on all the class. Doesnt really make me enjoy either.

I agree with this; hopefully ranked play will be here soon so players like myself can gravitate towards that.

Fo1v
02-17-2017, 06:10 AM
You got it wrong
1st: Imagine you would only be in a lobby with prestige 3 guys
How long do you want to wait to find these guys to match up quieckly ?(guess there were not so many prestige 3 players around yet

2nd: When u get into a lobby with these guys, they mostly have another character with higher level (gearlevel)
Example: If u have one character prestige 3 but you started another one u will always going to be added to a lobby with other highrated players ����

That isn't true. Most of these people I see even state as much; they are shocked that they are matched with me.

Any Legendary gear found?

Wasn't aware there was such a thing

The game released 2 days ago and you're already at that level and gear... During the weekdays... And you want to join matches with people already at your level and gear score.

What do you do for your life exactly? Because your schedule must be extremely clear.

I worked every day this week. I am a private music instructor, so thankfully my self-employment allows me fairly flexible hours which does help (not working full time). Also, spent the entire valentines day with my wife and kids believe it or not; so I haven't been on as much as you think. 20 hours in game so far. I only play one class.

The Painkiller
02-17-2017, 06:21 AM
I just thought that maybe some "Orange Gear" would drop...

Arkaelov
02-17-2017, 06:23 AM
This is beginning to become the reason I may stop playing this game. Having rep 3 Orochis in every match is doing nothing but making me hate the game.

kajbjo
02-17-2017, 06:38 AM
...so that they get slaughtered by someone 19 levels higher over and over again.. and decide to spend REAL MONEY to buy and unlock everything they can to better their chances (like all the traits you can purchase).

Ubisoft is notoriously bad this way. This is why many didn't buy this game.. because Ubisoft is behind the system..

/K