PDA

View Full Version : upcoming update

OneLaw4you
02-17-2017, 01:33 AM
Hey Warriors,

We are excited to see that our game is finally out there and that players are enjoying their time on the battlefield. Our team is also actively listening to the community and we would like to update you on a list of improvements that will be deployed in upcoming updates:

Bots Replacing Players in Duel / Brawl / Elimination Game Modes:
In response to player feedback from Beta, we will address your concerns regarding Bots with full health replacing leaving players. We will now replace the leaving player with a dead Bot in Duel, Brawl, and Elimination game modes. This will effectively make you win the current round if it was the only opponent left alive. For the rounds that follow, the Bot will stay in place of the player.

Conqueror and Berserker:
Currently if your opponent blocks a light attack from these two characters, they can combo into a free Guard Break. You will no longer be able to get a free guardbreak following a blocked light attack.

Peacekeeper:
We will address the bug where the second and third stabs from a guardbreak do not apply bleed.

Valkyrie:
Light Attacks: reduced recovery time
Light Chains: reduced time between attacks
Pouncing Thrust & Hunterís Strike: Increased damage and link options after those moves
Shield Crush: add link to Light Attack chains
Hunterís Rush: reduced recovery time

Guardbreak Counter (All Heroes):
Currently you canít counter a guardbreak during a guardbreak attempt. This will be returned to the previous behavior seen in the Beta.

Please keep your eyes on our forums and follow us on Twitter for more information regarding future gameplay updates.

so we just going to ignore lawbringer ? guess ill just stick to cheese spamming shove > guard break > heavy/throw off map then. also ramming ppl off the map

Drekle
02-17-2017, 01:35 AM
I've been crushed by lawbringers.... however I play valkyrie...

OneLaw4you
02-17-2017, 01:41 AM
I've been crushed by lawbringers.... however I play valkyrie... their stamina and how slow they attack(even light) are what bother me. if they had a tiny bit more speed and love in the stamina department hed be perfect. I wanna give him attack build but I cant how he currently is

Drekle
02-17-2017, 01:42 AM
Its hard to get one attack off with valk without getting blocked. I feel like some of these might not touch the right areas....

DasBigHippo
02-17-2017, 01:45 AM
Is this legit? I have to ask since it's not an Ubisoft post, and I don't pay much attention to the forums.

CuD_
02-17-2017, 01:48 AM
This is encouraging.

I hope that the block responsiveness is related to the GBC change, because honestly that is my biggest issue right now blocking gets stuck in a direction for a split second before you can change your guard and this is what is messing with me the most. I suspect they are all part of a similar timing, so hoping for the best here.

So glad they finally came in and said SOMETHING.

OneLaw4you
02-17-2017, 01:49 AM
Its hard to get one attack off with valk without getting blocked. I feel like some of these might not touch the right areas.... idk. I saw this one hold off 3 people by herself killing one in the process. but I never played her so I can say anything about her. I'm about to give her a go

Anubis9
02-17-2017, 01:49 AM
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sci0n/video/27053532

CuD_
02-17-2017, 01:50 AM
Is this legit? I have to ask since it's not an Ubisoft post, and I don't pay much attention to the forums.

Yes, the official post this is copied from is here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements

OneLaw4you
02-17-2017, 01:51 AM
Is this legit? I have to ask since it's not an Ubisoft post, and I don't pay much attention to the forums. yes, check the announcement section

crykniges
02-17-2017, 01:55 AM
at what time do they update FH?

The Painkiller
02-17-2017, 01:57 AM
Valkerye is already strong with that dash stab. She is going to be the new Meta I presume.

crykniges
02-17-2017, 02:14 AM
altho the speed of a upcoming update on day 3 after release shows they really care about balance, and keeping the game as good as it can be.

and.. thank god for the GB revert, no idea what made them change it in the first place... once again it'll be safe to be near a ledge.

pRaX85
02-17-2017, 02:19 AM
Ah, finally I can go back to my former glory and mob the floor with all those GB relying trash.

Still smells like some elaborate troll because I didn't check if this is legit yet lol

PacTheManlyMan
02-17-2017, 02:20 AM
at what time do they update FH?

What are you even asking?!
There's absolutely no reason for them to tell us.

Or so it looks like how they see it.

OneLaw4you
02-17-2017, 02:23 AM
Ah, finally I can go back to my former glory and mob the floor with all those GB relying trash.

Still smells like some elaborate troll because I didn't check if this is legit yet lol link is at the bottom of page 1

pRaX85
02-17-2017, 02:25 AM
link is at the bottom of page 1

Yup, was kinda too excited and didn't see it :P

Thanks for sharing.

Einherjar25
02-17-2017, 02:28 AM
For the love of god, they decided to give the PK's grab full dmg back. It's going to deal 35 of 40% of your total HP again (bleed inlcuded) and become even harder to counter. What a bunch of incompetents. I guess they do not go by logic bur rather by complaints. All the little kids freaked out when the players realised their PK grab was OP and they won the whine war by relentlessly defending here and are getting what they want. It's sad really...

SovietRoulette
02-17-2017, 02:32 AM
Valkerye is already strong with that dash stab. She is going to be the new Meta I presume.

you can't be serious m8, Valkyries damage right now is the lowest in the game and her attack speed is close to the same situation. not to mention her lack of followup for her own disable abilities, Whoever decided to give her no gap close when the character is designed around the entire idea of knockdown/knockback is an idiot and needs to be fired.

DatUPSman
02-17-2017, 02:40 AM
I've been crushed by every classes besides the fat one as an Orochi so if you think being one class means you get all the wins without knowing how to play 100% then you are fuggin mistaken.

PacTheManlyMan
02-17-2017, 02:40 AM
For the love of god, they decided to give the PK's grab full dmg back. It's going to deal 35 of 40% of your total HP again (bleed inlcuded) and become even harder to counter. What a bunch of incompetents. I guess they do not go by logic bur rather by complaints. All the little kids freaked out when the players realised their PK grab was OP and they won the whine war by relentlessly defending here and are getting what they want. It's sad really...

They didnt nerf her to begin with, you dimbwit.
It was a bug.
But i do agree that the damage was still too much in open beta.

1.8 bars is as high as it should go.

The Painkiller
02-17-2017, 02:51 AM
you can't be serious m8, Valkyries damage right now is the lowest in the game and her attack speed is close to the same situation. not to mention her lack of followup for her own disable abilities, Whoever decided to give her no gap close when the character is designed around the entire idea of knockdown/knockback is an idiot and needs to be fired.

No Gap Close? Joking right. She can spam that leap dash.

Scoregasms2286
02-17-2017, 02:56 AM
their stamina and how slow they attack(even light) are what bother me. if they had a tiny bit more speed and love in the stamina department hed be perfect. I wanna give him attack build but I cant how he currently is

Thats because LB isnt a harasser but a punisher. LB causes the enemy stamina drain off of literally everything, block, a dash, a gap closer. Seriously try playing him defensively and punish the attackers with some dangerous shove combos and grabs, using a GB for a free side heavy. His heavy attacks hit lower health characters for just about 2 bars.

If you want a character who is the aggressor though, I would advise against LB, its not his play type, while it could work against lower skilled players using feints, higher skill players would destroy an aggressive LB.

Gh0stPretzel
02-17-2017, 02:57 AM
So the update isn't going to fix the connection issues? I have literally played like four games that I haven't gotten kicked from.

Fuzzybutts
02-17-2017, 02:59 AM
I hope people keep in mind this isn't a full summary of patch-notes, just an inclusion of notable things they are changing about the game in the next patch. Other things can/may probably happen.

As for Lawbringer, the guard break imbalance is what was causing him so much trouble. Lawbringer needs counters to play effectively, but he can't get counters if nobody opens with light/heavy attacks. Due to the guardbreak being broken, if you see lawbringer you just spam it til it works.

Einherjar25
02-17-2017, 04:29 AM
It was a bug.

I never said it was nerfed. I knew it was a bug. What I'm implying, is that they should have re-adjusted it at same time they were gonna fix the bug. Instead they just fix the bug and keep it OP AF. Which is ridiculous. I don't know how many HP bar the Conquerer has, but the grab could 3 shot him, which means at least 33% dmg at the very least. It's just dumb, it's so dumb that, when I saw this, I didn't even think it was working as intended. I thought, well looks like this move slipped thru the devs' fingers. Instead, we got a working as intended msg? Now we got Ubisoft employees saying the game is already balance and they are calling out players to defeat them in the game to "prove" a class is OP. How professional! LOL It's easy for them to get a masterplayer to beat a noob PK player then claim full balance on their game, it's also very f*cking dumb! If they would just admit their own game needs tweeking here and there and might have a few thing they need to look at, it would make them look way more serious / professional. Instead they claim they are god of balance and everything is fine!

Nexuss94
02-17-2017, 04:35 AM
It was a bug.

What he said dimwit her damage does the same as an orochis top heavy guard break your just crying cause it looks like more as she stabs you 3 times instead of whacking you with a katana

PacTheManlyMan
02-17-2017, 04:39 AM
I never said it was nerfed. I knew it was a bug. What I'm implying, is that they should have re-adjusted it at same time they were gonna fix the bug. Instead they just fix the bug and keep it OP AF. Which is ridiculous. I don't know how many HP bar the Conquerer has, but the grab could 3 shot him, which means at least 33% dmg at the very least. It's just dumb, it's so dumb that, when I saw this, I didn't even think it was working as intended. I thought, well looks like this move slipped thru the devs' fingers. Instead, we got a working as intended msg? Now we got Ubisoft employees saying the game is already balance and they are calling out players to defeat them in the game to "prove" a class is OP. How professional! LOL It's easy for them to get a masterplayer to beat a noob PK player then claim full balance on their game, it's also very f*cking dumb! If they would just admit their own game needs tweeking here and there and might have a few thing they need to look at, it would make them look way more serious / professional. Instead they claim they are god of balance and everything is fine!

Source on "prove us a class is op by playing us"?

Also, they never mentioned the full patch note so it may be different.

You gotta chill mate. And learn to systematically counter guardbreak and you wont have much issue against that bleed. But yet again, the punish as it was is too big. As a main PK, I hope they reduce it.

Einherjar25
02-17-2017, 04:54 AM
Source on "prove us a class is op by playing us"?

Also, they never mentioned the full patch note so it may be different.

You gotta chill mate. And learn to systematically counter guardbreak and you wont have much issue against that bleed. But yet again, the punish as it was is too big. As a main PK, I hope they reduce it.

I've been scrolling thru the first few pages and can't seem to find the thread. Maybe they realised how dumb this post was and they deleted it! ;)

You bring a good point and countering the GB. Everytime I tried it rarely worked unless the PK did the kickpush it seemed to work fairly well. That has raised some question from my part. Why am I countering the kickpush way more then the stabby stab? Theyare both initiated from the same GB. It's really weird... Note that even if' it would be easier to counter it doesn't justity it dealing an astronomical quantity of dmg!!! Unless it would be DAAAAAMN EASY to counter... Look at the Kensei unblockable for instance, it hits like a truck but is sooooo predictable...

PacTheManlyMan
02-17-2017, 05:09 AM
I've been scrolling thru the first few pages and can't seem to find the thread. Maybe they realised how dumb this post was and they deleted it! ;)

You bring a good point and countering the GB. Everytime I tried it rarely worked unless the PK did the kickpush it seemed to work fairly well. That has raised some question from my part. Why am I countering the kickpush way more then the stabby stab? Theyare both initiated from the same GB. It's really weird... Note that even if' it would be easier to counter it doesn't justity it dealing an astronomical quantity of dmg!!! Unless it would be DAAAAAMN EASY to counter... Look at the Kensei unblockable for instance, it hits like a truck but is sooooo predictable...

I understand that for newer players it looks ridiculous.
But countering guard breaks takes some time getting used to and you too, will find it very easy to do once you get the hang of it.

At the end of the day, guard breaking shouldnt even be attempted unless your opponent missed his own guard break on you, or after you parry him. Otherwise it will be countered. (Or should)

Which results in a good punish opportunity for the PK that is quite balanced.

I know im contradicting myself, but i too am in the lower level of play tier still, that enables me to guard break my opponents with ease. Which is why its very conflicting :S

davedxd
02-17-2017, 05:19 AM
when is the update coming?

Jamailos
02-17-2017, 09:42 AM
This is encouraging.

I hope that the block responsiveness is related to the GBC change, because honestly that is my biggest issue right now blocking gets stuck in a direction for a split second before you can change your guard and this is what is messing with me the most. I suspect they are all part of a similar timing, so hoping for the best here.

So glad they finally came in and said SOMETHING.

I hope the same. I'm playing Warlord and its a mess if I compare it with open beta. Is it possible to get answer from UBI to this aswell? Or any thoughts from others if this GB fix will also have something to do with blocking etc..?

Snow901
02-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Its hard to get one attack off with valk without getting blocked. I feel like some of these might not touch the right areas....

Are you using all the tools in her kits? For aggression, you have feigning to bait out a parry for a guardbreak, and if they don't go for the feint then you can cancel a heavy into shield crush which can be followed up with a leg sweep or a grab - not 100% sure on the grab, I only recall having that option if I had someone against a wall/corner.

So, if your opponent is amazing at reacting and somehow manages to block/dodge all your moves and land parries on you for punishment, then you have the option to play valk defensive as well. Her light attack startups work like the conq where she gets that block property while she attacks. Also, she has similar play to assassins as well where if you dodge an attack at precisely the right time - like playing orochi - then you can punish with a heavy that does bleed damage; although, I don't think its better to do that over going for a parry so you can get the guaranteed guard break.

Just my 2 cents on the matter after playing valk for about 4-5 hours so far.

Knight_Raime
02-17-2017, 10:51 AM
I mean if people are constantly falling for your shove and GB that's on them for not learning how to deal with it.

OneLaw4you
02-17-2017, 01:35 PM
Thats because LB isnt a harasser but a punisher. LB causes the enemy stamina drain off of literally everything, block, a dash, a gap closer. Seriously try playing him defensively and punish the attackers with some dangerous shove combos and grabs, using a GB for a free side heavy. His heavy attacks hit lower health characters for just about 2 bars.

If you want a character who is the aggressor though, I would advise against LB, its not his play type, while it could work against lower skilled players using feints, higher skill players would destroy an aggressive LB. just wasted youre time writing all of that. ik how to play lawbringer, I main him. doesn't change the fact that he needs a buff as much as Valkyrie did. if you know anything about him youd no that you can easily get away from anything he does. you can even roll out away from his parry counters since hes so slow. which is why I stopped bother to parry counter and just block > shove >grab> heavy spam. they'll be at 1 bar before I even run out of stamina. that's whats hurts his damage potential. you either amazing dmg and **** stamina regen or amazing stamina and bad dmg. but youre stuck using the stamina build. also I have no issue killing high skilled players other than shugokis