PDA

View Full Version : Why is this community so salty?

KD_Kanelbullen
02-16-2017, 11:03 PM
I just bought this game yesterday and ive had a blast. The combat is mechanically challenging and fun, the heroes seem decently balanced and the game modes are fun, my favorite being dominion. Its just so cool to fight to the death for your spot in the dining halls of valhalla.

Yet when i came to these forums i find thread after thread of people *****ing and whining about every single thing. This worries me because im really hoping this game would last for a long time and it could have a great community and maybe even an e-sports scene, but you guys make me feel sad.

Only negative i can say right now is that theres ****load of network issues, games failing to launch, players leaving, connections lost etc. But im sure it will be fixed soon. Coming from overwatch i chuckle a little when you complain about balance in this game. You know nothing.

Personally i enjoy this game very much, and im really hoping others do too and this forum is just the loud minority. Do you all honestly thinkthis game is trash and waste of money? :(

Black_Star300
02-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Have you played the betas though? Or did you just get launch?

KD_Kanelbullen
02-16-2017, 11:08 PM
Have you played the betas though? Or did you just get launch?

Launch, why do you ask?

Black_Star300
02-16-2017, 11:09 PM
Launch, why do you ask?

Because a great bit of the community (that has played the betas of course) prefer the beta build over the launch release like myself. So as far as being "salty" that's why. Now of course that isn't the ONLY reasoning. There are other people being salty on other topics, but yea. Game is fun, but I just prefer the beta build.

lebannen247
02-16-2017, 11:11 PM
I just bought this game yesterday and ive had a blast. The combat is mechanically challenging and fun, the heroes seem decently balanced and the game modes are fun, my favorite being dominion. Its just so cool to fight to the death for your spot in the dining halls of valhalla.

Yet when i came to these forums i find thread after thread of people *****ing and whining about every single thing. This worries me because im really hoping this game would last for a long time and it could have a great community and maybe even an e-sports scene, but you guys make me feel sad.

Only negative i can say right now is that theres ****load of network issues, games failing to launch, players leaving, connections lost etc. But im sure it will be fixed soon. Coming from overwatch i chuckle a little when you complain about balance in this game. You know nothing.

Personally i enjoy this game very much, and im really hoping others do too and this forum is just the loud minority. Do you all honestly thinkthis game is trash and waste of money? :(

Why is this community salty? It is because Millennials are the most self-entitled spoiled self centered dbags in recent memory. This self-fulfilling prophetic participation trophy morons not only ruin this community, protest duly elected Presidents, and are a general blight upon humanity.

Overwatch, like all Blizzard games are ruined by the Community. This game will be no different. The weeaboo narutard/bleach drinkers with names like N4rUt0youzm4k1 and tetsugatensho!!!!111 Xx_NatedaGr8_xX are the crowning testament of why birth control should remain legal and available for women.

KD_Kanelbullen
02-16-2017, 11:14 PM
Why is this community salty? It is because Millennials are the most self-entitled spoiled self centered dbags in recent memory. This self-fulfilling prophetic participation trophy morons not only ruin this community, protest duly elected Presidents, and are a general blight upon humanity.

Overwatch, like all Blizzard games are ruined by the Community. This game will be no different. The weeaboo narutard/bleach drinkers with names like N4rUt0youzm4k1 and tetsugatensho!!!!111 Xx_NatedaGr8_xX are the crowning testament of why birth control should remain legal and available for women.

Wow...... you can get chill pills without prescription, you might wanna try one. I think just "this community is bad" would have sufficed.

Nexuss94
02-16-2017, 11:15 PM
Because a great bit of the community (that has played the betas of course) prefer the beta build over the launch release like myself. So as far as being "salty" that's why. Now of course that isn't the ONLY reasoning. There are other people being salty on other topics, but yea. Game is fun, but I just prefer the beta build. its literally this - going from having a major understanding of how the game is going to playout too... what the F!?

Zv1k0
02-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Because a great bit of the community (that has played the betas of course) prefer the beta build over the launch release like myself. So as far as being "salty" that's why. Now of course that isn't the ONLY reasoning. There are other people being salty on other topics, but yea. Game is fun, but I just prefer the beta build.

What exactly has changed so much that you guys want beta build? I played open beta through the weekend and cant seem to notice any difference.

lebannen247
02-16-2017, 11:18 PM
Wow...... you can get chill pills without prescription, you might wanna try one. I think just "this community is bad" would have sufficed.

True but that would be ignored....

ProfessorKas
02-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Just hopped on this forum to see what people are saying. I wouldn't called them salty but I can tell you most people on /r/CompetitiveForHonor/ are concerned with the life of this game. Currently its agreed that For Honor is just reaction based game that favors defensive play. And at top level their is little to no mind games. You're just waiting for the other person to mess up. It can get boring. Im waiting for ubisoft to say something about this meta. Hopefully they do soon!

lebannen247
02-16-2017, 11:24 PM
Just hopped on this forum to see what people are saying. I wouldn't called them salty but I can tell you most people on /r/CompetitiveForHonor/ are concerned with the life of this game. Currently its agreed that For Honor is just reaction based game that favors defensive play. And at top level their is little to no mind games. You're just waiting for the other person to mess up. It can get boring. Im waiting for ubisoft to say something about this meta. Hopefully they do soon!

Reddit is brain cancer

Dekallis
02-16-2017, 11:25 PM
It's a fighting game. An ONLINE Fighting game. Salt is inevitable.

For Honor is just reaction based game
I think that was the point. to have a game based on actual ability rather than a ton of garunteed combo's setups/etc. that feel bad to casual players. There are still scenearios where damage is garunteed but it makes sense visually when it happens (such as being able to get in free hits off a wallstun) Second you can't say there's 'no' mind games. Conditioning your opponent to react to something and then doing something different is in itself a mindgame.

KD_Kanelbullen
02-16-2017, 11:28 PM

Maybe thats why they made countering guard break harder?

Ultharid
02-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Ubisoft have mentioned in a few posts, they're looking at some of the issues that have "changed" at release.

Shukr4n
02-16-2017, 11:41 PM

just imagine: u play a beta of a game and during entire test you feedback that p2p is an issue, that there re several issues etcetc.

now imagine that the GameHouse that asked you to test doesnt care about your network feedbacks.

now imagine that those testers purchased anyway the game hoping for release being polished network-wise.

imagine that there is no improvements.

that is the large part of whine.

rest is silly rant about players who dont want to dedicate the right time to improve so they think they deserve more wins regardless their skill and they whine.

Gnarxly
02-16-2017, 11:44 PM

LoL has absolutely crap community but look how popular it is, and the e-sports...
Really it's just that internet safety brings "the best" out of people.

ProfessorKas
02-16-2017, 11:50 PM
Conditioning your opponent to react to something and then doing something different is in itself a mindgame.

Good point. And on most players this would work. But on the best players this is impossible to do. Thats because you can react to everything if youre good enough. Even fients.

Some of the best fighting games mix multiple elements into their gameplay; reactions, strategy, mindgames, game knowledge, and tech skill(Wave dashing or 1 frame links). Right now in For Honor, if your reactions are good enough you can get away with JUST reactions alone. IMO, thats not interesting gameplay and thats why I'm concerned with the life of For Honor. Thanks for the reply!

ShadowBandit39
02-17-2017, 12:51 AM
We are salty about things that should be fixed, and shouldn't be present in a full released game. Like networking issues, game mode mechanics (Like elimination power ups, and revenge happening to often), matchmaking is ****ing stupid filling in spots with bots, then the fact that you have to back up out of menus just to restart searching for players. The new counter guard break wasn't mentioned so its became OP for the first few days.Brought in new characters with broken mechancis like the Sugouki. There is no ranking system, besides prestige. Revenge happens way to often now, even when it isn't 2v1. There load up screen is dumb, looks like the game is frozen. The game changes seem to have the game a pushing match, focused on enviormental deaths, making some character overpowered in those situations. Don't care for the territory game, don't need to spend time watching it drop the swords on the map. Revives are still way to fast, and returning to full life is dumb. Ladder combat is dumb, enviormental death into 2 inches of water is dumb. Constant quitters and no repercussions. I could go on.

Overall I really like the gameplay but hate everything else, but it just seems Ubisoft doesn't care enough, so the release a unfinished game like they usually do.

arcticnerd
02-17-2017, 01:00 AM
Welcome to the world of online gaming were the troll frolic through a series of tubes and raid down salt upon us all!

Anubis9
02-17-2017, 01:26 AM
Game is broken fact, they only people who are salty are you guys who go on that people are salty.

GAME IS GONNA FLOPP HARD

Reaper_Sykko
02-17-2017, 01:34 AM
i think its because they use salt to keep the food from rotting , they did not have fridges at that time.

RatedChaotic
02-17-2017, 01:34 AM
Because I live on the beach. But mainly because of every thing mentioned already.