PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain defending guard break to me

Gubbyplz1
02-16-2017, 10:40 PM
I understand the basics press x or square but when exactly is it? just before they grab you, during or just after? and can you always defend a guard break with one of your own?

Funeragon
02-16-2017, 10:40 PM
when the bodies connect !
eh no, there is some case where u cannot, after a parry, after an animation, at the beginning (really soon) of a heavy, during a dodge.
And in some cases, (bugs) blocking a light of a berserker is a guaranted gb. aswell as blocking the aoe of a warden

EvasiveNose
02-16-2017, 10:45 PM
You're supposed to press it as soon as they grab you and you see that guardbreak symbol. It feels like complete **** to me honestly as there have been countless times that I've spammed the **** out of guardbreak just for me to sit there and get thrown off a cliff.

Gubbyplz1
02-16-2017, 10:50 PM
after a parry, I had no idea I parry all the time that is definitely gonna up m game thanks. anyone got any more specifics

Gubbyplz1
02-16-2017, 10:58 PM
You're supposed to press it as soon as they grab you and you see that guard break symbol. It feels like complete **** to me honestly as there have been countless times that I've spammed the **** out of guardbreak just for me to sit there and get thrown off a cliff.

I know a lot of fighting games spamming can cancel out defensive moves like that. don't know about this game though. but cheers thats what i needed to know still the more on guard break the better

Gubbyplz1
02-16-2017, 11:06 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580699-Frequently-Asked-Questions-For-Honor-1-02

i get the feeling this doesn´t work

thanks for that, I don't mind if it is a bug or not just wouldn't wanna spend 2 weeks learning how to do it, then to start all over again :/

MeetYaMaster
02-16-2017, 11:33 PM
You have a small opportunity AFTER they grab you. not as soon as you see the icon

teksuo1
02-16-2017, 11:38 PM
people do it too early i presume. it seems you got to wait for what feels like a whole second before pushing it(it's probably shorter than that actually). (i try to push it when the broken red shield is about to be gone from the attacker and transfered onto me (just before it actually transfers onto me). or as other have mentioned, it corresponds to when the attacker physically connects with you or so.

if you push too early it ruins it all and nothing will happen no matter how much you push it.

Revolucifon
02-17-2017, 12:05 AM
The Guardbreak is really **** !!

If you play a peacekeeper and you try to do a gb on another character which is bigger as you it always fails! Other heroes "Peacebringer" can just spam the db all the time and use it on you without fail and many times and you cannot do anything ! (UbiSoft ! why they can do that ??)

The interested thing is, that the gb is very easy to use on a Bot ! But as far as you are playing against other players online... The GB is as a Peacemaker close to "impossible" to do, even if you train the timing the whole day with hard Bots !

This sucks really !

forrest0755
02-17-2017, 12:10 AM
Counter is kinda broken right now. Hopefully they will fix it. Or it is working and I just have awful reaction time, not sure which haha.

Delectable_Sin
02-17-2017, 12:12 AM
When you see that they're going to GB you, just light attack. Trying to time your counter GB can be tricky and depends on latency because it's such a tiny window, so if you know that they're going to try and GB you, spam light attack.

UbiNoty
02-17-2017, 12:21 AM
Will will be reverting the current guardbreak counter mechanic to the previous beta behavior. You can read about it in our upcoming gameplay improvements (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements) announcement

Gubbyplz1
02-17-2017, 12:45 AM
Will will be reverting the current guardbreak counter mechanic to the previous beta behavior. You can read about it in our upcoming gameplay improvements (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements) announcement

I've read in a few places that it was a lot more frames to counter in the beta. it's a learning curve but it should not be made easier, otherwise, it starts to water the game down. just states not working for all heroes, there is about a 6 frame window there just as he grabs it is learnable. Just don't make it too easy :)

TheBunionKnight
02-17-2017, 12:51 AM
I've read in a few places that it was a lot more frames to counter in the beta. it's a learning curve but it should not be made easier, otherwise, it starts to water the game down.

I think they are specifically going to change the part about Guardbreak, where if you and your enemy both do it, AT THE SAME TIME, you cancel each other out instead of handing the guardbreak over to the one who was lucky enough to first make contact.

After the patch, you will still be able to Guardbreak-Interrupt, if you wait patiently and time it correctly, instead of being able to just spam it as soon as you suspect a guardbreak, like the advanced tutorial teaches.

Lufury
02-17-2017, 01:11 AM

Sounds Awesome, good job guys really good choice overall.

OneLaw4you
02-17-2017, 01:15 AM
Will will be reverting the current guardbreak counter mechanic to the previous beta behavior. You can read about it in our upcoming gameplay improvements (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements) announcement um no lawbringer love?

Gubbyplz1
02-17-2017, 01:18 AM
I think they are specifically going to change the part about Guardbreak, where if you and your enemy both do it, AT THE SAME TIME, you cancel each other out instead of handing the guardbreak over to the one who was lucky enough to first make contact.

After the patch, you will still be able to Guardbreak-Interrupt, if you wait patiently and time it correctly, instead of being able to just spam it as soon as you suspect a guardbreak, like the advanced tutorial teaches.

I see what you mean now, makes sense but I still like the way it stands. seems like it would make the game more skill based and further widen the learning curve in a good way. After all light attack still beats guard block and heavy and also about everything else in the game :)

Anubis9
02-17-2017, 02:04 AM
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sci0n/video/27053532

pRaX85
02-17-2017, 02:21 AM
GB crutch is over guys. About time.