PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated servers

Veerdin-Wraith
02-16-2017, 10:05 PM
Alright, I've had enough of this crap.

I just spent a literal hour trying to connect to an elimination match. In that time, I made it into one match, which lasted all of about 3 minutes before crashing with a connection error.

Every other instance has disconnected before even loading the lobby screen, with some annoying, unhelpful error message that boots me back to the main menu.

This is unacceptable.

I said before launch that this game was not in a launch-ready state, and it seems the more I play, with the connection issues, the horrendous balancing, the bugs and the design oversights (Skirmish and Elimination being part of the same queue? What the actual hell, Ubisoft.)

I've heard the flimsy excuses that Ubisoft is touting as to why we ~simply can't~ have dedicated servers. And you know what? I ain't buying it. It's 2017. If your servers can't handle a measly 8 players, then you have some serious bloody problems. This peer-2-peer networking scheme is absolute garbage, and most of my "play" time has been spent staring at a boring loading screen, intercut with countless disconnect errors. The few games I have been able to play, outside of 1v1 duels, have been a constant dice roll as to whether or not I'll be able to even finish the damn things.

FIX. YOUR. GAME. UBISOFT.

THEPH0NECOMPANY
02-16-2017, 10:13 PM
MMMMMMMMM salty....
I've been there before i love this game, but that just frustrates me more when it doesn't work right

Veerdin-Wraith
02-17-2017, 09:43 AM
MMMMMMMMM salty....
I've been there before i love this game, but that just frustrates me more when it doesn't work right

You bet your buttons I'm salty. I didn't get this game to stare at loading screens and error messeges.

m0u-1337
02-17-2017, 09:50 AM
I nearly never have problems. maybe because im in austria/germany where we have good internet.

FUEGONOMICS
02-17-2017, 09:51 AM
hey, the game is not entirely broken. I can access the store in-game and purchase steel, which is important if I ever get bored of lighting money on fire. The micro transaction portion of the game and the menus themselves appear to work perfectly.

you cant put a number value on the ability to micro transact, its intrinsic value is immeasurable.

edit: i didnt vote in the poll because there was no 100% failure rate option.