PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Controller or mouse+keyboard?

KD_Kanelbullen
02-16-2017, 08:35 PM
Which type do you use/recommend? I play only with controller but was wondering if others might find keyboard+mouse better?

KD_Kanelbullen
02-16-2017, 11:06 PM
kbm is far better imo

Really? I should try that... why?

emoKittenCZ
02-16-2017, 11:23 PM
I find keyboard + mouse better as I play games for years on keyboard + mouse, so I am used to it. If someone plays on a console for years, I believe he will be skilled gamepad user..
In real, all the complaint about what control method is better are off topic because it is simple - if you are skilled in controllers, then you have no problem to fight great against any other person. If you are skilled mouse user, then you have no problem to fight great against any other person. If you are NOT skilled with either controller or mouse, then you need to get skilled or you would just loose even against a person with the same control method, complaining about he is that one with the other OP control method... :)

teksuo1
02-16-2017, 11:26 PM
controller if you can get an elite one, or anything with extra accessible buttons (RS down +X not fun to do on classic controllers).
if we're talking about classic controllers only, KB&M should really be on top.

skrrskrrt
02-17-2017, 10:56 AM
controller if you can get an elite one, or anything with extra accessible buttons (RS down +X not fun to do on classic controllers).
if we're talking about classic controllers only, KB&M should really be on top.

I don't know about you but playing with kb+m is very difficult for me to transition to. My muscle memory is ****ed and honestly with how the guard break works right now it feels incredibly awkward. Plus, I have this tendency to spam mouse clicks and my hand is used to FPS games and burst fire shooting that don't have the same timing as a fighting game would.

I'm going to end up getting an X360 since I borrowed one and it felt really, really comfortable to play and I had much better results and my time spent in the practice mode was drastically shorter than what I ended up on PC, which was about an hour on controller and about two on the kb+m. God, learning to properly parry, guard break and especially feinting was a nightmare on kb+m.

Fx2050
02-17-2017, 05:46 PM
controller obvciouslly, would you play streetfighter on a keyboard.... ?

suboptiml
02-17-2017, 10:34 PM
I have absolute crap muscle memory for controllers so m/kb for me. I'm doing alright. I'll never be a top-tier player anyway, so the slight messiness of switching stances (sometimes getting the wrong stance) with mouse is not a big problem. Also, because the mouse lacks movement stops it can be easy to have your hand drift away from a centered, comfortable position. So it can be a bit sloppy if you let it be.

The flip side is I tried a PS3 controller in FH as an experiment, and aside from the aforementioned lack of muscle memory for it, I hated having to move my right thumb (I think it was) to another button to counter guard breaks. It's far faster for me to counter guard breaks with guard break bound to a thumb button on my mouse.

I did have to concentrate on not being spammy with the mouse clicks. Which could actually turn out to be a good thing for my BF1 playing too. ;)

Once I learned a class a bit and started feeling comfortable with the game mechanics, I didn't feel m/kb limited me much. At least as far as being a moderate-to-occasionally-decent player. If you're a potential high-level player YMMV.

For a fighting game, I think they've built a pretty good control system for m/kb.