PDA

View Full Version : 1v1 duels vs bots not reporting results, actually updating later?

suboptiml
02-16-2017, 07:22 PM
Last night around 6pm I took my Kensei, who I hadn't touched up to that moment, and fought 10 1v1 multi duels against bots. No results were reported for any of the matches. No xp, no gear, no steel. Each time I got the message claiming it would report results eventually. All other modes versus the AI do report results.

As of 10am today, no results reported yet. The Kensei sits at 0 xp, and with no gear. I've lost track of the steel as I've been playing other matches with other characters (I haven't touched the Kensei after those first 10 matches). So, over 14-15 hours and no results reported from 1v1 dueling bots in multi.

I like dueling the bots to learn (I'm mediocre at best), but I'd also like to advance in the progression system for my time. Are the results actually be reported eventually? We'll keep track. I won't play the Kensei at all until the results show up.

titusthefox
02-16-2017, 07:28 PM
Last night around 6pm I took my Kensei, who I hadn't touched up to that moment, and fought 10 1v1 multi duels against bots. No results were reported for any of the matches. No xp, no gear, no steel. Each time I got the message claiming it would report results eventually. All other modes versus the AI do report results.

As of 10am today, no results reported yet. The Kensei sits at 0 xp, and with no gear. I've lost track of the steel as I've been playing other matches with other characters (I haven't touched the Kensei after those first 10 matches). So, over 14-15 hours and no results reported from 1v1 dueling bots in multi.

I like dueling the bots to learn (I'm mediocre at best), but I'd also like to advance in the progression system for my time. Are the results actually be reported eventually? We'll keep track. I won't play the Kensei at all until the results show up.

You wont ever get any experience for these. Why? Who knows. Ubisoft does not care enough to answer. It's been brought up during the closed beta, the open beta and at release. Not a single word from Ubisoft. If you try their support system, then - well. They are Ubisoft. Great games, complete and utter lack of support. This was one of the things that made me hesitant to buy this game; simply due to the fact that Ubisoft is behind it- meaning if something isn't working, it won't ever be dealt with.

Short of it - you are out of luck.

suboptiml
02-16-2017, 07:44 PM
You wont ever get any experience for these. Why? Who knows. Ubisoft does not care enough to answer. It's been brought up during the closed beta, the open beta and at release. Not a single word from Ubisoft. If you try their support system, then - well. They are Ubisoft. Great games, complete and utter lack of support. This was one of the things that made me hesitant to buy this game; simply due to the fact that Ubisoft is behind it- meaning if something isn't working, it won't ever be dealt with.

Short of it - you are out of luck.

We'll see. Hopefully they fix it.

I'll keep track of how long it takes in this thread. It's no big sacrifice on my end now. I didn't really enjoy playing the Kensei anyway. ;) He can sit there parked and waiting for his results.

titusthefox
02-16-2017, 07:50 PM
We'll see. Hopefully they fix it.

I'll keep track of how long it takes in this thread. It's no big sacrifice on my end now. I didn't really enjoy playing the Kensei anyway. ;) He can sit there parked and waiting for his results.

By all means, if you want to =) You could also post a thread in the steam forum, but honestly - I've yet to ever experience Ubisoft replying or doing anything with these sort of issues (and I've been on their forums for awhile you may notice) and I would recommend not holding your breath xD

emoKittenCZ
02-16-2017, 07:52 PM
I am not sure if it was in the forum or some patch notes, but I have read that the real state should be not getting anything for 1v1 vs AI and the screen showing post match is just wrong. They stated they are working (or maybe even they already fixed that?) on that bug. Yes, Ubi is a bit slow...not just a bit if you see the credits how much coders there is this should be solved in a few minutes.. but whatever.

The bug here is only the screen informing you about getting the progress later - you wont get anything and it is the way they want it to be, so do not expect any rewards for playing 1v1 AI. ...just FYI

suboptiml
02-16-2017, 08:13 PM
I am not sure if it was in the forum or some patch notes, but I have read that the real state should be not getting anything for 1v1 vs AI and the screen showing post match is just wrong. They stated they are working (or maybe even they already fixed that?) on that bug. Yes, Ubi is a bit slow...not just a bit if you see the credits how much coders there is this should be solved in a few minutes.. but whatever.

The bug here is only the screen informing you about getting the progress later - you wont get anything and it is the way they want it to be, so do not expect any rewards for playing 1v1 AI. ...just FYI

That would be a strange decision on their part. All the other modes versus the AI give xp/steel/gear, just in lower amounts than pvp.

Either way, removing that window must be a very simple matter. Or changing its wording. It would be rather supreme laziness to not simply change the wording to reflect this if true. If what you're saying is true, if they've always intended to not give any rewards for 1v1 against bots, then it's a flat-out lie.

titusthefox
02-16-2017, 08:18 PM
That would be a strange decision on their part. All the other modes versus the AI give xp/steel/gear, just in lower amounts than pvp.

Either way, removing that window must be a very simple matter. Or changing it's wording. It would be rather supreme laziness to not simply change the wording to reflect this if true. If what you're saying is true, if they've always intended to not give any rewards for 1v1 against bots, then it's flat-out lie.

Welcome to Ubisoft xD

Hey - I did try to warn you, didn't I? This thing above, is just pretty much what Ubisoft is all about. Fantastic game ideas, horrible backend infrastructure and support. Welcome to the fold =)

suboptiml
02-17-2017, 11:04 PM
Just a little update:

It's been over 36 hours now and no update to the xp, gear, or steel rewards from those matches.

Will the updates happen? Or is the notice claiming they will inaccurate? Can a mod answer?

emoKittenCZ
02-18-2017, 02:51 AM
Just a little update:

It's been over 36 hours now and no update to the xp, gear, or steel rewards from those matches.

will you update every 12 hours with the same result? Then I bet - your update after 48 hours - still no xp, gear or steel.

teksuo1
02-18-2017, 02:54 AM
it was a problem in the open beta also. when are patch days for this game? i'm genuinely curious to see how much stuff they'll fix/break on that glorious day.

emoKittenCZ
02-18-2017, 03:07 AM
it was a problem in the open beta also. when are patch days for this game? i'm genuinely curious to see how much stuff they'll fix/break on that glorious day.

Yes, it was the problem of Closed Beta too. The fix for this is not stated in Upcoming Gameplay Improvements (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements) so God knows when the issue will be fixed. But since it is just a cosmetic, it may take long.. :)

Will the updates happen? Or is the notice claiming they will inaccurate? Can a mod answer?

Well I have done a lot search just for you...
As of 18th Feb 2017:
source (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1578132-PC-XB1-PS4-Known-Issues?p=12307301&viewfull=1#post12307301)

Glitches
[PC] Duel rewards (1v1 VS AI)
User is presented with a pop-up stating that the Rewards will be added automatically when the response comes in. However in that game mode there is no Reward.
Satisfied now? You can also search a bit for yourself next time.
...as said - in that game mode there is no reward...meaning if they fix that, they will remove the pop-up info, not the fact you are not receiving a reward...

suboptiml
02-24-2017, 06:40 PM
Yes, it was the problem of Closed Beta too. The fix for this is not stated in Upcoming Gameplay Improvements (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements) so God knows when the issue will be fixed. But since it is just a cosmetic, it may take long.. :)

Well I have done a lot search just for you...
As of 18th Feb 2017:
source (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1578132-PC-XB1-PS4-Known-Issues?p=12307301&viewfull=1#post12307301)

Satisfied now? You can also search a bit for yourself next time.
...as said - in that game mode there is no reward...meaning if they fix that, they will remove the pop-up info, not the fact you are not receiving a reward...

Thanks for finding that. I did actually search a bit before creating this thread, but I didn't find that tidbit.

Satisfied? No.

As of over a week later now and no update for those matches played. So the pop-up is a flat-out lie then. One that is deceiving players since alpha apparently. Except we're paying customers now. How hard is it to change the wording to warn players (who have now payed for the game) they are not actually going to receive progress when in this mode?

It also raises the question of why? All other multiplayer modes versus bots grant progression, just less than PvP mode. Which seems perfectly fair. Why is 1v1 singled out for exclusion though? Is it somehow more exploitable than 2v2 or 4v4? Pushing bots off ledges or something? As if players aren't doing that to each other as well? And higher level bots are quite adept at cheesing them ledges too. ;)

Mods/Reps, can you answer why this deceptive message is misleading your paying customers? And then if it's indeed a lie and not a bug keeping the progression from happening, answer why letting your paying customers continue to believe this mode will eventually reward progression is somehow acceptable?

And why this one particular mode is excluded?