PDA

View Full Version : Can berserker inf chain just light attacks?

S8Canadian
02-16-2017, 06:50 PM
Hi, I've not seen this, I only seem to do this with light heavy, light heavy and visa versa.

Not to mention I'm so slow I maybe kick it off 1 in 50 matches outside of practice 0 level bot.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 06:54 PM
Zerker can't infinitely chain anything, because you have to switch between light and power attacks, and power attacks knock people back far enough that you have a large delay before your next power attack. They call it infinite chain, but people who actually think it's possible have just read the character description, without actually trying it. You also run out of stamina after two power attacks on the zerker...

S8Canadian
02-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Zerker can't infinitely chain anything, because you have to switch between light and power attacks, and power attacks knock people back far enough that you have a large delay before your next power attack. They call it infinite chain, but people who actually think it's possible have just read the character description, without actually trying it. You also run out of stamina after two power attacks on the zerker...
I have played zerker mostly throughout closed and open beta. He can certainly land more then 2 power hits without running out of stam.

But I just wanted to make sure I wasn' t missing something on the chain.Near impossible to land

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 07:08 PM
I have played zerker mostly throughout closed and open beta. He can certainly land more then 2 power hits without running out of stam.

But I just wanted to make sure I wasn' t missing something on the chain.Near impossible to land

Land? Sure, but if you're trying to chain a combo together, you're going to get 2-3 lights and 2 powers blocked, before you're out of stamina. Hence, it's impossible to infinitely chain. BTW, I play nothing but Zerker and Rochi, and have a 99.9% win rate on duel with the Zerker.

S8Canadian
02-16-2017, 07:10 PM
Land? Sure, but if you're trying to chain a combo together, you're going to get 2-3 lights and 2 powers blocked, before you're out of stamina. Hence, it's impossible to infinitely chain. BTW, I play nothing but Zerker and Rochi, and have a 99.9% win rate on duel with the Zerker. That is pretty impressive considering how slow he can be :)

Braegulfer
02-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Light/Heavy is the infinite chain. There is no light only chain. Also, you become uninterruptible after four hits but that will NEVER happen against a skilled opponent, NEVER. It can chain into the triple heavy but any good opponent knows that the third strike is always overhand and will parry or punish you for it so don't do that either most of the time. The chain will always end when you mix in an overhead slash of any kind. The best way to use it is 2 or 3 strikes and vary the direction L-->R--->L...etc. however, most skilled opponent will punish you after (or during) your first heavy strike so its very situational, mostly for killing scrubs, dodge or feint out of your first heavy or second light to mix it up and mess with your opponent, which imho, is the best way to use zerker (confuse them with misdirection).

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 07:13 PM
That is pretty impressive considering how slow he can be :)

Yeah, insanely slow, but massive damage as well. I honestly notice that I do worse if I'm trying to combo, rather than landing single attacks here and there and staying mobile.

Braegulfer
02-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Yeah, insanely slow, but massive damage as well. I honestly notice that I do worse if I'm trying to combo, rather than landing single attacks here and there and staying mobile.

Same, best results with misdirection ,feints, and pokes.

Well, same for thought process. I'm only about 85% (little higher) with zerker in duels.