PDA

View Full Version : can you already fix the ******* guardbreak counter

Crytsch
02-16-2017, 05:48 PM
or at least set it back to beta stance

this is a ****ing joke

Akyohiro
02-16-2017, 05:51 PM
Why should they change it back. Because some wierdos cant get into different timings? Srsly stop spaming here and just get it right. Why should mashing gb button reward you with a counter. ODIN WILL THROW YOU OFF A CLIFF!

Crytsch
02-16-2017, 05:57 PM
Can you wait like a week. Like a child who doesn't get the lolly. Whine whine whine.

when they are able to switch it from beta to release aka 1 day they can reverse it in the same amount of time

Why should they change it back. Because some wierdos cant get into different timings? Srsly stop spaming here and just get it right. Why should mashing gb button reward you with a counter. ODIN WILL THROW YOU OFF A CLIFF!

it has nothing to do with get into different timings. there are no timings, they are randomly for every different character

Braegulfer
02-16-2017, 06:01 PM
NO. Beta bg sucked, bigtime. spam spam spam gb...reward. Chh...forget that noise. Window is still too big, but it's an improvement.

Zv1k0
02-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Its even trickier for me when i couldnt do it in the beta yet. But now im used to the game and got better reflexes which made it even worse cause you have to wait till it actually grabs you. Or am i mistaken? Thats why i still dont know the exact time when to counter it. I do it sometimes when i learn someones combo and expect it but thats it.

Crytsch
02-16-2017, 06:19 PM
Its even trickier for me when i couldnt do it in the beta yet. But now im used to the game and got better reflexes which made it even worse cause you have to wait till it actually grabs you. Or am i mistaken? Thats why i still dont know the exact time when to counter it. I do it sometimes when i learn someones combo and expect it but thats it.

yea, but every hero has a different timing cuz they have different "grab" timings, hilarious ****.

and you can spam it without any backdraw. thats the biggest design flaw. i've encoutnered people which only did gb into heavy into gb all game long

Slowthrob
02-16-2017, 06:32 PM
well, my counter GB doesn't work at all, good job UBI ;D nice going.

Demoth Hymside
02-16-2017, 06:33 PM
I felt GB needed to be fixed so that you couldn't spam it to break it, but rather have the timing to break it come out a little later so you could actually move your thumb off the stick to hit the button. Unfortunately now, it seems totally random when it actually wants to work, and I'm thinking this game's ******** lag is part of the issue. I have a strong connection and open NAT, and yet I go to heavy finish someone after a GB, get the execution prompt, and then magically the game rewinds a second and I'm being blocked, hitting the taunt button because I thought I was executing, and they're getting free damage on me. It's horse ****.

Slowthrob
02-16-2017, 06:49 PM
oh let me clarify, counter guard break works fine in the tutorial. but in pvp, nope. i try to switch up my timings, nothing. so i'm basicly a sitting duck if someone guard breaks me ;D feelslikeubisoftgame

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 06:55 PM
No, because all of the terrible players complained about defense being too strong for months on end, so Ubi is convinced that they have to cater to the baddies. You will never see GB being easy to counter again.

Crytsch
02-16-2017, 06:56 PM
oh let me clarify, counter guard break works fine in the tutorial. but in pvp, nope. i try to switch up my timings, nothing. so i'm basicly a sitting duck if someone guard breaks me ;D feelslikeubisoftgame

yea i noticed the same. in tutorial you dont have that p2p, but in pvp, no matter which gamemode, its ****ed up

and as i said before, every character has a different timewindow. its just a mess.

No, because all of the terrible players complained about defense being too strong for months on end, so Ubi is convinced that they have to cater to the baddies. You will never see GB being easy to counter again.

then it should be way harder to use it too /and not spammable as it is right now, lol
gb is a nowbrainer at the moment

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 06:57 PM
yea i noticed the same. in tutorial you dont have that p2p, but in pvp, no matter which gamemode, its ****ed up

and as i said before, every character has a different timewindow. its just a mess.

then it should be way harder to use it too

You don't say?????

Ragnar---
02-16-2017, 07:11 PM
+1

It makes it trivial to throw off ledges, like I said a while back but was laughed at and told to get gud.

cha_cha_cha-2.0
02-16-2017, 07:29 PM
I don t like to complain again but yes. Every change they made since the open beta was a mistake, being the GB window the main one.

UbiVertigo
02-16-2017, 07:40 PM
Hey all, the team is investigating the guard break (and GB counter) mechanics. We should have more details shortly.

cha_cha_cha-2.0
02-16-2017, 07:43 PM
Nice (y)

Winneh
02-16-2017, 08:05 PM

then it should be way harder to use it too /and not spammable as it is right now, lol

Exactly my experience aswell.

The more players you play with, the more unlikely it becomes to properly counter GB.
You see it coming, you read the player, you wait for the right timing and yet, never seem to hit it right.
And if a counter GB occurs you have no idea why because the timing of your button push shouldŽnt have worked (too early/too late) - like wtf!?
Not to mention that when 2 players GB on nearly the same timing one is screwed over now because he cant do anything about it.

During the open beta you just had to practise to be quick enough or learn to read your opponent and anticipate - so mind games and feints became more and more important (imo gameplay became more advanced).

OneLaw4you
02-16-2017, 08:07 PM
Hey all, the team is investigating the guard break (and GB counter) mechanics. We should have more details shortly. fix the connection and regular guard issue also while youre at it

Fuzzybutts
02-16-2017, 08:10 PM
Hey all, the team is investigating the guard break (and GB counter) mechanics. We should have more details shortly.

It's glad to finally see an official response on this, even if it's just two sentences. Good to see it at least being acknowledged.

NoXisKing
02-16-2017, 08:14 PM

Can you fix the damn PK 2nd and 3rd stab not registering already. It's really frustrating to have a useless ability.

Hackfraysn
02-16-2017, 08:26 PM
well, my counter GB doesn't work at all, good job UBI ;D nice going.

Neither does mine.

Crytsch
02-16-2017, 08:46 PM

nice to know, thanks

Kintoun
02-16-2017, 10:38 PM

Thank you SO much for a response! That's all we ask for! We still have so many pending questions. Keep the responses coming even if it's a "we're investigating"

DrExtrem
02-16-2017, 10:45 PM
Its cool that they are investigating but relearning it again, will cost nerves.

UbiNoty
02-17-2017, 12:48 AM
Here with an update! We'll be reverting the current guardbreak counter mechanic to the previous beta behavior. You can read about it in our Upcoming Improvements announcement. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements)

ZuivrZilvr
02-17-2017, 12:50 AM
Why are people making such a big deal out of the change? just time the counter better and you're good.

dfrozen1
02-17-2017, 01:27 AM
Why are people making such a big deal out of the change? just time the counter better and you're good.

the time window is now so short that latency can make the GB nearly impossible to counter. in an earler game i countered an opponents GB, then he simply did it again and threw me off the ledge.the margin for error is simply too high and the punishment for failing is too severe. even if i wasn't thrown off i've seen people do the following

GB>heavy attack>Dodge>GB> heavy attack> Dodge>GB.

Have you played a good law-bringer?
Unblockable>GB throw into wall> Heavy unblockable attack ( due to staggering from the wall)> Unblockable > rinse and repeat.

if you cant counter the predictable GB then there is no way on earth to defeat the player, i knew the GB was coming; couldn't do a thing 75% of the time

PotatoLord47
02-17-2017, 01:35 AM
Here with an update! We'll be reverting the current guardbreak counter mechanic to the previous beta behavior. You can read about it in our Upcoming Improvements announcement. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements)

These changes actually are the one we needed, good job! (no, thats not irony this time)

IamYangXiaoLong
02-17-2017, 01:56 AM
If you guard break at the same time it shouldn't be who clicked first by a milisecond. It's not trying to counter guard break, obviously you both went for the same move at the same time and whoever has the better connection is going to come out the winner and the other gets punished.

pRaX85
02-17-2017, 02:15 AM
One thing is for sure. If they change/fix it, alot of people will be going back to be just bad again. It's ridiculous how many are currently relying on GB but can't even parry for **** or anything skillfull in general. It's a crutch, a skill redeemer the way it is now. As easy and cheesy as using the envoirement to kill someone... they actually go hand in hand.

Fact is, in theory, the way GB is functioning "should" be easier now. You actually have a crazy amount of time to "prepare" for it the way it is now. The problem imo is that the window is so small now, that if you take latency issues into account, countering a GB becomes more of a gamble than anything else while GBs themselves almost have no downsides at all.

I also really don't like how the new system has taken "prediction" out of the game in terms of GBs... the game is already Guitar Hero enough the way it is. We surely don't need more of it.

http://i.imgur.com/B5yZAPp.png

PlagueGripes
02-17-2017, 02:28 AM
Personally, I can't counter guard break in a fight, at all. If I'm practicing it, I definitely can, every time. But putting it into practice in the middle of so many other things happening, I can never react to it. But I'm in my 30s and my reflexes aren't what they used to be. Unless you're doing nothing but spamming GBs, it's just free damage on me. I can't deal with it, because the timing is so specific. It feels awful to try to guard break someone at the same time they're GBing you, and they get priority and you take damage, even though they were just as open.

I've never liked guard breaking as a solution in this game, and I imagine it will always be a sticking point for people. I think it should be more about stamina management, rather than a fighting game styled mechanic that requires frame specific timing. I've always hated seeing that in other genres of games.

Scythe-Of-Vice
02-17-2017, 03:38 AM
+ 10,0000000 up votes from me.

It's not even possible to guard break counter.... EVERYONE IS JUST SPAMMING GB.

Was just in a match with a Rider who, LITERALLY FOR 15, DID NOTHING BUT GB. NOTHING. CHAIN GB.... NOTHING ELSE.

Set a Limit on guard break usage. 10,15 second timer. Remove GB counter. Allow GB to be dodged, side, and back, by any hero. So if you see it you dodge. If it hits you same as normal hit that you didn't dodge.

Why make it UNCOUNTERABLE right now? There is like 1 ****ing milisecond when they hit you that the counter works.

Needs to be fixed. My idea might be **** but currently this is broken as ****.

feuerundblut
02-17-2017, 03:50 AM

I made a suggestion in another thread. Guardbreak should only be possible as a follow up to a successful enemy block and not as a move by itself. Because it makes no sense to get closer to an enemy and touch him without being punished by his weapon. It's just stupid as it is and too easily spammable. But as a follow up window on a successful block it actually means you have reached your target and thus you can try something to counter the guard.

TheStratovarian
02-17-2017, 04:16 AM
Right now, i've just given up on the game.

The fast characters/counter characters just waltz over you with gb's now that the window to gb counter is non-existant and does not work. They can spam it faster than you can do anything. Yeah, im done.

I'm regretting the purchase I had. I'm sorry devs, between p2p that throws out internal timings, and these shifts. There is no constant to get better with, just stumbling about in the dark as you have to readjust and throw out any muscle memory you had built. I'm glad I hadn't paid the full price for it now, oh well, another product to pray gets love down the way like the division did.

ZuivrZilvr
02-17-2017, 10:14 AM
the time window is now so short that latency can make the GB nearly impossible to counter. in an earler game i countered an opponents GB, then he simply did it again and threw me off the ledge.the margin for error is simply too high and the punishment for failing is too severe. even if i wasn't thrown off i've seen people do the following

GB>heavy attack>Dodge>GB> heavy attack> Dodge>GB.

Have you played a good law-bringer?
Unblockable>GB throw into wall> Heavy unblockable attack ( due to staggering from the wall)> Unblockable > rinse and repeat.

if you cant counter the predictable GB then there is no way on earth to defeat the player, i knew the GB was coming; couldn't do a thing 75% of the time

I personally hardly even noticed the change. I only screw it up if I actually wanted to GB, not CGB, but the opponent just did it slightly before me. This is fair, because I never attempted the CGB to begin with. If I want to CGB, I succeed almost every time, same as before. But if this change is really so terrible for people who don't get the timing right, I guess it is fine if it is reverted.

Unfortunately I did not fight good Lawbringer yet, looking forward to that though (Philosopher_Z is me). I dont think I mind that combo much, as I can still reliably CGB. The Shove does seem fast and hard to dodge, but I am sure it can be done too.

DrExtrem
02-17-2017, 10:59 AM
+ 10,0000000 up votes from me.

It's not even possible to guard break counter.... EVERYONE IS JUST SPAMMING GB.

Was just in a match with a Rider who, LITERALLY FOR 15, DID NOTHING BUT GB. NOTHING. CHAIN GB.... NOTHING ELSE.

Set a Limit on guard break usage. 10,15 second timer. Remove GB counter. Allow GB to be dodged, side, and back, by any hero. So if you see it you dodge. If it hits you same as normal hit that you didn't dodge.

Why make it UNCOUNTERABLE right now? There is like 1 ****ing milisecond when they hit you that the counter works.

Needs to be fixed. My idea might be **** but currently this is broken as ****.

Well. He found the games "i-win-button". Can't blame him for that. :>

Swiftstrike76
02-17-2017, 11:13 AM
Guard break and guard break counter should cost more stamina to stop the spamming.
Currently you can guard break even when exhausted, that should be auto fail and thrown to floor, to weak.
Guard break say cost 1/4 of your stamina. Perhaps guard break counter the same to begin with.
Just an idea 💡

SonicDoC
02-17-2017, 11:24 AM
The timing to counter Guard Break is fine. Nowadays ppl dont want do accept change and are crying a river in the official Forum. I counter ~ 60 % of the GBs, and that with only 10hours Gametime with the new tmining.
Sad times to be a Gamer :(.

JeanDuValle
02-17-2017, 11:46 AM
I couldn't agree more. Played the beta, learnt to GB counter decently. Game released with different system, messed up my timing, I praticed a lot and now i can consistently counter again (around 60% as well which is fine, I just need to keep playing and I know it will get higher).
Now due to so much whining of pepole who don't want to put the effort to learn, the system is changing again. Do you think you will magically be able to counter GBs after the patch if you can't now? I doubt it.
Howewer you make it the system requires practice and skill, as it should be.

PunkPirateAFO
02-17-2017, 12:53 PM
I dont mind the guard break/counters. Its great for messing up over aggresive people in revenge mode, but on the other hand in 4v1, its hard to block and counter the guard breaks at the same time.

Ive been playing lawbringer and the spamming of guard break hinders his kit a lot since thats a lot of his gimmick, at least against newer players. I feel that a class thats a disabler should have either a larger window to counter break or have his cost less stam. Thats a whole different topic however.

Mamosha_
02-17-2017, 01:43 PM
https://youtu.be/nu6aYxOpj7k Omg!! Really it's impposible to make counter guardbreak by Sugoki.

PunkPirateAFO
02-17-2017, 03:11 PM
https://youtu.be/nu6aYxOpj7k Omg!! Really it's impposible to make counter guardbreak by Sugoki.

In that video the person was doing it waaaay too early. That is at least obvious by the fact he got in a few guard breaks before the NPC even did anything.

TecDeRa
02-26-2017, 04:51 PM
Guard break countering is messed up. You actually have to do it when the enemy begins their GB animation, not when it hits you.

The counter window is smaller than the smallest latency difference one can have between players. It's really just gambling.

teksuo1
02-26-2017, 04:58 PM
it's taking way to much time to fix this and the pk stabs.. 12days so far and no time-frame announced, not looking good.

if they break something you know they can't do anything about it for at least 12 days... :(

Jaczkulinek
02-26-2017, 05:17 PM

I ready from many ppl update go out in this week? Is true or? without GB is game going to realy frustrating...

Ulfhedinn_.
02-26-2017, 05:28 PM
yea, but every hero has a different timing cuz they have different "grab" timings, hilarious ****.

and you can spam it without any backdraw. thats the biggest design flaw. i've encoutnered people which only did gb into heavy into gb all game long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voTMUINI2a8&t=14s I don't see anything wrong with the GB or CGB system. Your complaint is that all characters have different grab times - good - I'd hate for them all to be the same, this way the CGB takes more skill and less spamming. If you want a game that rewards low skill go play CoD.

The real problem here is that you'd rather ***** and moan and complain than adapt and git gud.