PDA

View Full Version : For Honor: NEEDS MORE PVE CONTENT!!!

sog6six6
02-16-2017, 04:21 PM
lol im of the opinion this game cant stand on its multiplayer alone. I mean theres only so many dominion matches i can play, so many times getting jumped i can tolarate. So what else can this game offer? PVE Content. pve seems really light in this game right now, but i believe if done correct pve content could bring this game into its own. I mean how do we not have some kind of PVE Raid or incursion where you can team up with other players and do some really challenging pve content for some sweet loot. something as easy as a wave based level with increasingly harder to beat AI attacking a castle your team is task to defend. players could run around the castle reinforcing breach points while other players hold the main gate or something. do this until say wave 10 then the enemy general shows up with his champions. kill them with your team and take that sweet loot that can only be gotten by doing beating that mode. something like this would be dope and would fit so well in this game. idk tho just in idea what do you guys think???

Meksikinietis
02-16-2017, 04:28 PM
I all time play PVE. Because fight vs BOT is more intersenting then vs player, Because bot mix combo. Player just spam with same combo its boring.

damon1085
02-16-2017, 04:36 PM
something as easy as a wave based level with increasingly harder to beat AI attacking a castle your team is task to defend. players could run around the castle reinforcing breach points while other players hold the main gate or something. do this until say wave 10 then the enemy general shows up with his champions. kill them with your team and take that sweet loot that can only be gotten by doing beating that mode.

I'm totally with you on this one. It would be great to get to do something like this, and personally I don't think it would be difficult to program up since they already have all the pieces in place. Unfortunately for people like us, right now, it sounds like Ubi has "bigger fish to fry" so to speak. From the start they wanted this to be a PVP game, and form a lot of what I'm hearing that aspect is "broken." I hope they eventually get around to PVE stuff like you laid out, and bringing back split screen! ... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Shotokan_Murder
02-16-2017, 09:12 PM
And OFFLINE, i hate this pvp krap, theres no honor among ubi and thieves

sog6six6
02-16-2017, 10:18 PM
up post...

emoKittenCZ
02-16-2017, 11:12 PM
I am for it :)
More PVE content and possibility to play offline would be good.

teksuo1
02-16-2017, 11:16 PM
don;t really care for pve content here.. i'd rather have the multiplayer aspect polished.

tbh i tried the knight campaign on realistic and had enough by the time i was getting owned by the wolf spawning boss. Got my share of cheap pseudo difficulty in the questionable pve aspect of the game.

Balance passes and fixing the basics / polishing would go a long way compared to anything on the pve side of things (puke).

Shotokan_Murder
02-17-2017, 02:39 AM
Have you bought the PvE seasonpass?, if not your out of luck, for only 60$, you get a bonusmission, a silly hat, and umbrella and a pointy stick. And dont forget that your championstaus increase for five whole minutes! WOW what a deal!

godseamonkey
02-17-2017, 02:44 AM
I understand kind of why they did the always online since campaign and pv ai gives you rewards that are used in pvp. But why couldn't they have it so it saved the pve info in your ram or something and upload it to servers another time so you could play offline.

And the review saying the story of this game was an after thought those were almost an overstatement 18 10min chapters and your done. easy to beat in 3hrs or less.

Felis_Menari
02-17-2017, 08:03 AM
I understand kind of why they did the always online since campaign and pv ai gives you rewards that are used in pvp. But why couldn't they have it so it saved the pve info in your ram or something and upload it to servers another time so you could play offline.

And the review saying the story of this game was an after thought those were almost an overstatement 18 10min chapters and your done. easy to beat in 3hrs or less.

On realistic difficulty, not so much. The last mission alone took me at least an hour (maybe two). I don't like playing as assassin's, and having to fight Appolyon in such a confined space in the second phase was a horrible experience. Thankfully, I went into the fight with a full quiver of fire arrows, so I was able to burn her down in the second and third phase once I finally figured out how to avoid her attacks well enough. Not having the combat UI wasn't always a pain in the ***, but some fights (especially against Orochi) were a pain in the ***.

CarnivalLaw
02-17-2017, 08:04 AM
Bump.

TheBadMan_
02-17-2017, 08:07 AM
I all time play PVE. Because fight vs BOT is more intersenting then vs player, Because bot mix combo. Player just spam with same combo its boring.

So true

sog6six6
02-17-2017, 09:08 AM
On realistic difficulty, not so much. The last mission alone took me at least an hour (maybe two). I don't like playing as assassin's, and having to fight Appolyon in such a confined space in the second phase was a horrible experience. Thankfully, I went into the fight with a full quiver of fire arrows, so I was able to burn her down in the second and third phase once I finally figured out how to avoid her attacks well enough. Not having the combat UI wasn't always a pain in the ***, but some fights (especially against Orochi) were a pain in the ***.

lmao exactly how i did it. Realistic mode equals fight, roll, heal, fight, run around until health feat fills, and fight some more. basically dark zone rouge tactics. lol

SonicDoC
02-17-2017, 09:36 AM
Pretty weird there is more PVP Content in a Mulitplayer based Game.
What a surprise...

sog6six6
02-17-2017, 09:43 AM
especially since most trailers showed off pve content. it was story mode basically. if they want to focus on pvp cool but some new additional pve content would be most welcomed.

Precious771
03-27-2017, 06:02 AM
+1. I'd love more PvE content, ditto for offline play.

Helnekromancer
03-27-2017, 06:47 AM
I just want a Breach/Siege game mode, so many times a game has started and ended with a battering ram breaking a door down or soldiers breaking through but what if we could go inside and attack once more? So Being on the "Attacking" and "Defending" team actually means something other than, "I guess I'm this color". I know in the story, simply breaking down their front door was the easy part and going inside was way more difficult. They could also add Orders of winning on the Attacking team or Defending and replace the 400-300 minion slaughterfest orders.

If you push as Attacking you get further and further to their thrown room and Defending you push the invading forces to their camps outside the fortress wall and drive them out your land.

Also if the Attacking team push through and reach the thrown room the final obj for them is to slay their Leader which could be a Captain with slightly higher health so now the 4 Defending Fighters have to defend their lord and the attacking have to assassinate the leader or kill the 4 heroes. Not sure if it would work the same for the Attacking team getting pushed and you have to slay their Commander but I want an actual war of attrition like in the campaign and not a small tiny battle like every 4v4 is.

Also have a Free For All/ Last Man Standing PvP game mode of 8 players fighting it out in The Myre. No friends, No revives , no gear stats, just you and your own skill

DrExtrem
03-27-2017, 08:14 AM
More pve content is always welcome.

Since this is a new universe, a single player, story centered game would be awesome. With dialogue options and hubs for trading, recruiting henchmen and getting quests. Look at mass effect (1+2 only) how you can do a very good and immersive experience. A relatively simple but thought out story, without wtf-moments should be a no-brainer (for starters) and a sure bet.

You already showed, that you can do interesting boss fights, with multiple stages and that some of your characters had a certain amount of progression. Get a good lead writer and stick to an epusodic approach. Write some decent characters with troubles and progression as team mates we care about - and start printing money.

As for the current game, add a new story chapter, in eich we can choose our hero (warden, raider, orochi) and send us on a short mission to unite the moderate tribes, houses and orders of the factions. Add new modes like siege etc.

That should be enough.

Viruletic
03-27-2017, 08:21 AM
I think some sort of "raid" type content would be cool, where you can grind with buddies through "dungeons" to collect gear.

Bot gear goes up as the difficulty progresses until a final boss fight which could end up like an elimination match, then one final annoying as hell level 108 Shugoki.

scrubbyjimbob
03-27-2017, 08:33 AM
I'd just like to see a little variety in the PVP aspect. Especially for the "events". Instead of a lame do x amount of missions you already do throw a curve ball in there. I'm not picky, ANYTHING! Capture the flag, grand melees, hell even obstacle courses. Of course some of these would require real servers or at least trusted servers within the community.

EothK
03-27-2017, 10:54 AM
I've been asking/suggesting a Horde like mode since Alpha. Seems like a huge missed oppurtunity. So yeah I am for this idea obvioulsy

Herbstlicht
03-27-2017, 11:12 AM
New content would always be good, no matter if it is PVE or PVP, so i am all for it.
It simply should work, be polished an fun.
However, observing what Ubi Soft is doing right now, i do not see it coming anytime soon. They do not make you feel as if they care about our wishes, do they? :/

Gray360UK
03-27-2017, 12:56 PM
Definitely agree. We put so much time and effort into levelling and gearing our characters, learning their moves and becoming better with them ... for what? There is no step up in content that matches our step up in skill / experience / gear. There is no reward other than continuing to play in the exact same modes you levelled up in, and so of course as you become better, these same modes become old and boring and offer less and less in terms of incentive to play and excitement.

I guess the first DLC will add a new mode and shake the game up a bit. I just hope there's still a playerbase left to care by then.

chiller2k3
03-27-2017, 03:47 PM
lmao exactly how i did it. Realistic mode equals fight, roll, heal, fight, run around until health feat fills, and fight some more. basically dark zone rouge tactics. lol

I did the campaign on realistic with a friend, without taking the heal feast. Only the heal after execution for both of us, so you have a) to get your enemy killed and b) kill him with that heavy!! (damn, the valk mission was really tough ^^)
2nd fest we mostly took more dmg after parry.

I can tell you: After we have beaten Appolyon (to finish all missions took really long) and I went back to PVP, the game looked like it was played in slow motion and I hit like every parry.

chiller2k3
03-27-2017, 03:51 PM
Oh, and btw. I like the idea with the waves and you defending the castle :)

dayLockey
03-27-2017, 04:52 PM
A lot of interesting siege mechanics are already in the game from the story campaign. Rams, catapults, siege weapons, deployable bridges, castles, fortresses and raid bosses with unique skills. Ubi could easily make a thought-provoking, fun, interesting game mode in place of Skirmish. Something similar to Alterac Valley in WoW, where each team is responsible for claiming/destroying objectives while progressing through the map to the final boss. The final boss being a badass that can rape an entire party/raid with ease if not approached properly (with main tanks, proper DPS and coordination).

It would be a lot of fun and it would force people to actually play objectives and spread out rather than ********ing individual players in a small confined space.

Xaviloga
03-27-2017, 05:16 PM
I dont want dissapoint you guys. But we have almost half of maps (2/5 Dominion if im not wrong) out of game since day one because they are unable to solve the issues. Do you think they will be able of add new game modes, or any kind of content into the game?

Karma_Ghost
03-27-2017, 08:50 PM

100% agree with this. Some of the moves are (i.e. Warden Shoulder bash 50/50) are so powerful, it just makes the game feel shallow since there's no opportunity or incentive to use anything else. The most fun I've had against other players is when we're both using low tier warriors like Kensei and Raider.

I'd like to see an AI Survival mode with increasing difficulty, ending with 4v1 with level 3 bots.

Xaviloga, I don't see how taking time to fix a problem somehow prevents them from adding any kind of new content in the future. No one is asking for new modes right now. Also, it's not a matter of speculation, we know they're going to add content. That's what DLC is.