PDA

View Full Version : Guard break interrupting, controller and assasins

Dabeat.
02-16-2017, 01:49 PM
Hey, is it just me, or do assassins or other characters that rely on dashing more than blocking have an advantage over the rest when using a controller? The way I see it, if your thumb is on the (ps4 controller) X button most of time (at least on defense) it's much easier to bring it over to SQUARE button to counter a guard break. Not only that but since you dash a lot, you dash out of guard breaks more often than you need to tech them. It seems almost impossible to me to focus on both blocking and counter guard breaking at the same time because my thumb can only be at one place at any given time.

ExSiNz
02-16-2017, 06:08 PM
Hey, is it just me, or do assassins or other characters that rely on dashing more than blocking have an advantage over the rest when using a controller? The way I see it, if your thumb is on the (ps4 controller) X button most of time (at least on defense) it's much easier to bring it over to SQUARE button to counter a guard break. Not only that but since you dash a lot, you dash out of guard breaks more often than you need to tech them. It seems almost impossible to me to focus on both blocking and counter guard breaking at the same time because my thumb can only be at one place at any given time.

You are right and not at the same time, let me explain why. Blocking is actually really easy in this game, with a few hours of practice you can block at least 80% of incoming attacks. Parrying is also easier than Deflect since the parry windows is wider than the deflect window. It just a matter of personal preference and training to be honest. When you are really used to Counter-GB, you don't have trouble moving your joystick and reacting in time. I'd suggest you try the Advanced Practice mode and force yourself to move the joystick a lot more than you would in a PvP game so you can practice what people call ''Muscle Memory''. Hope this helps you.