PDA

View Full Version : To Oleg : a wish for new add-on ( Beer-Tank instead of MG 17)

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Dear Oleg,

first thanks for the canstant efforts to make this Game even better.

But I have a wish. We all know , that you modelled the german 7.92 mm MG 17 absolutly correct. It is proven, that in real life the germans loaded it with boans or very dry and hard peas.

So here my wish : PLEASE make it possible in the loadout-menu to remove the 2 MGs on Bf 109 E/F/G2 to save weight !!! That would increase agility and climb rate, i can really need that.

Respectful,

BLUE_Brotrob

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Dear Oleg,

But I have a wish. We all know , that you modelled the german 7.92 mm MG 17 absolutly correct. It is proven, that in real life the germans loaded it with boans or very dry and hard peas.

So here my wish : PLEASE make it possible in the loadout-menu to remove the 2 MGs on Bf 109 E/F/G2 to save weight !!! That would increase agility and climb rate, i can really need that.

Respectful,

BLUE_Brotrob

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 08:58 PM
This can be easily done if my idea of customized loadouts is implemented.

See my thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zttrj

(could use a bump, too /i/smilies/16x16_robot-wink.gif )

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 07:49 AM
lol cool ,

LuftKuhMist
12-19-2003, 05:31 PM
We should be able to remove engine as well, this would reduce weight!

Gibbage1
12-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Do you have any proof what so ever that this was done in WWII? Any pilot accounts of them removing the guns? Anything? If it was a common practice, Oleg may do it. But if your just dreaming up "what-if's" then good luck.

Gib

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brotrob:
Dear Oleg,

Respectful,

BLUE_Brotrob<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brotrob
12-20-2003, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gibbage1:
Do you have any proof what so ever that this was done in WWII? Any pilot accounts of them removing the guns? Anything? If it was a common practice, Oleg may do it. But if your just dreaming up "what-if's" then good luck.

Gib

Hihi, to get the cowl-mounted-guns removable was not quite what i wanted, if you read again how I described their performance....

And I have no proof that this was ever done on 109s.

But is was indeed common to do that on 190s. The MG 17 on the cowl of A-5 to A-6 were known as " Luftwaffenanklopfger√¬§t" , means somethinng like " Air-Force-Sratch-Machine", due to their lack of performance against B24 and B17. They and even on some planes the MG 131 in the cowl were removed. Either both of them or only one. That happened in the Field. I'm so bad with computers that I dont know how to post a Picture, but just look at pictures of some "Sturmb√¬∂cke" ( heavy armored Bomberinterceptor-190s ), then you will often see that there's nothing under the cowl. ( You could see the tips of the MGs if they were mounted.)

But after I've seen the post of sauron6, this one is needles .

Greetings, BLUE_Brotrob