PDA

View Full Version : Parry =/= free guard break?

TatoRezo
02-16-2017, 11:56 AM
Im wondering if this actually happens to other characters or is it just another disadvantage of the lowest tier hero The Raider. Anyways after I parry someitmes I can't reach my opponents with guardbreak, if i do the dash + guardbreak then it is already counterable. Why does it occur and is it intended?

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
02-16-2017, 12:06 PM
The big thing with parrying, unless you are playing the Lawbringer, is it drains their stamina in a really bad way. In a one on one fight losing stamina is a big thing if you are fighting an experienced player because a shove or stagger will make you peddle backwards even farther and if you get thrown you will automatically fall to the ground opening yourself up for a heavy overhead hit(AKA big damage). A decent player can throw you approx 2-3 times and get these hits off while your stamina recharges and can kill you or do massive damage with little effort. Don't look at parry's as a combo intitator (Again, unless you are the lawbringer). Plus, being able to parry really sets your opponent off guard as the average player cant parry for ****.

TatoRezo
02-16-2017, 12:12 PM
I am not, and i am aware of all the things u said, but the thing is that raider is so slow that after a parry everyone can just dash backwards to avoid anything you throw at them, because you cant reach them. Still i didn't get the question on my answer

Gojema
02-16-2017, 12:28 PM
The free guard break after parry is part of a chain. You have to hit the button at the right time. If you click to late you perform a normal guard break. Tho the timing is pretty easy, just spam the guard break button during the parry animation.

TatoRezo
02-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Is the free gb also applicable against light attacks? I think yes but i am not sure.
I think light attacks should be safe on parry and just drain stamina instead of free gb. It makes attacking really weak.

Please, that would make assassins even stronger. Just no pls

TatoRezo
02-16-2017, 01:14 PM
The free guard break after parry is part of a chain. You have to hit the button at the right time. If you click to late you perform a normal guard break. Tho the timing is pretty easy, just spam the guard break button during the parry animation.

Okay this actually worked, for some reason i was always waiting for the parry to finish and then GBd