PDA

View Full Version : How do I get back to playing VS level 1 bots

jonkoroken420
02-16-2017, 11:27 AM
I know, I suck in this game - I'm not a skilled player but I was doing fine against level 1 bots, I had fun.
now probably because i've gotten 1 character to a specific level they put me against level 2 bots which are suddenly unbeatable for me.
Player vs Player I also get Wrecked, as I said im not a skilled played but Im doing fine against level 1 bots, How do I get back to playing against them?
Custom matches won't give EXP so thats not a real motivator

jonkoroken420
02-17-2017, 03:32 PM
Well, for this reason alone another game which was Fun to play completely ruined by Ubisoft, Thanks ubisoft for ****ing a great game up again

StrikeQ
02-17-2017, 03:35 PM
I've never fought level 1 bots outside of the practice mode. On release any Vs AI for me has always been level 3 bots. Only time I've seen a level 2 bot is if I joined a game in progress, or grouped with a buddy. I'm not sure how bot levels are decided in AI matches.

TheMalakith
02-17-2017, 03:38 PM
I've never fought level 1 bots outside of the practice mode. On release any Vs AI for me has always been level 3 bots. Only time I've seen a level 2 bot is if I joined a game in progress, or grouped with a buddy. I'm not sure how bot levels are decided in AI matches.

I think it's scales with you stats. If you did one multiplayer match and got a KD of like 5 and won you'll be facing level 3 bots non stop untill your stats go down.

jonkoroken420
02-17-2017, 03:49 PM
Anyone knows which stats the level 1 bots return?
Because I'm not having any actual Fun playing now.

TheMalakith
02-17-2017, 03:54 PM

My guess is:

0.99kd - lvl 0
1- 1.99kd - lvl 1
2- 3kd -lvl 2
3+KD - lvl 3

StrikeQ
02-17-2017, 05:03 PM
I think it's scales with you stats. If you did one multiplayer match and got a KD of like 5 and won you'll be facing level 3 bots non stop untill your stats go down.

I always do the vs AI orders first, so I had 0 MP games done before the AI games and started with Bot Level 3. Maybe from going 3-0 against the bot leader AI you have to fight before going to multiplayer.

JacenVayn
02-17-2017, 05:31 PM
How do you even see the AI level you are up against while not doing the practice thing where you can choose the level yourself?

Elias-C
02-17-2017, 06:09 PM
How do you even see the AI level you are up against while not doing the practice thing where you can choose the level yourself?

You can see the bot level when he kills you, like bottom right bot name is written with his lvl.

Roman672
02-17-2017, 06:23 PM
I would be interested in what determines bot levels as just a knowledge thing.

It sucks that you're not having fun with the game any longer, but if you followed the Alpha, Closed Beta, and Open Beta reports you would have found this is a skill based game. You simply aren't able to rofl stomp your way through AI and never expect a difficulty curve. This is something they told players long before release. My recommendation is to setup a custom match and set your bot levels to what you would like. Understandably, you don't get xp in custom matches, but this at least gives you an opportunity to keep playing and increase your personal skill. If you find you get hit a lot, start really focusing on defense. If you you're gassing you stamina, learn to retreat and come back at the enemy with a new strategy. With harder AI, you have to learn better mastery of your class or perhaps try a different class. Make sure you understand and utilize guard breaks, dashing guard breaks, and PARRY. Parry has save my bacon so many times.

Just some advice, take it or leave it. Again, it sucks that this is frustrating for you, but skill comes with practice my friend.

DBLxxShotz
02-17-2017, 07:02 PM
Well, for this reason alone another game which was Fun to play completely ruined by Ubisoft, Thanks ubisoft for ****ing a great game up again

So your criticizing Ubi because your admittedly bad at the game? HOw do you expect to get better? Is this the attitude you have in your everyday life? Things get tough you quit because its just too hard? wow

DrExtrem
02-17-2017, 07:17 PM
My guess is:

0.99kd - lvl 0
1- 1.99kd - lvl 1
2- 3kd -lvl 2
3+KD - lvl 3

Nope. My k/d is at around 4 ... I am playing vs. level 2 bots in domination and level 1 in duels.

suboptiml
02-17-2017, 10:07 PM
I know, I suck in this game - I'm not a skilled player but I was doing fine against level 1 bots, I had fun.
now probably because i've gotten 1 character to a specific level they put me against level 2 bots which are suddenly unbeatable for me.
Player vs Player I also get Wrecked, as I said im not a skilled played but Im doing fine against level 1 bots, How do I get back to playing against them?
Custom matches won't give EXP so thats not a real motivator

FYI, multiplayer 1v1 duels against bots aren't giving xp, steel or gear drops at all. There's a notice that says rewards will be updates when the server communicates. But so far, it's not working and no rewards are being given out for this mode. It's a carryover bug all the way from alpha I believe.

Whether those rewards are stacking up somewhere, lost to the ether, or the notice claiming they'll be given eventually is just a lie, right now you can't advance in any progression by 1v1 duel mode against bots. It's basically the same as custom match or practice mode.

Pocket_Fox
02-18-2017, 01:11 AM

Like most things in 'For Honor' it's left to the player to find it out on their own through practice or guesswork.

I have NFI why I am facing level 2 bots now, but when I tried to learn peacekeeper (who was lvl 1 0 unlocks or gear) I was up against lvl 2 (or higher) bots who stomped me into the dirt. Couldn't learn a damn thing!

I would think hmmm maybe I can see the case here if I use my Rep lvl 1 Warden with gear rating 51. But a lvl 1 gear 0 peacekeeper first time player. Yeah, great effort Ubisoft expect more 1 star rated matches from me in the future.

Sadly most games have 2 types of difficulty. So easy it is painful or so hard it is unplayable.

I think I did pvp vs players twice, a duel (lost) and 1 dominion (won). No idea why all my bots in duals etc are lvl 2+ now, no idea how to stop this crap so I can LEARN a new class. Not having fun, unable to learn.

jonkoroken420
02-18-2017, 05:50 PM
So your criticizing Ubi because your admittedly bad at the game? HOw do you expect to get better? Is this the attitude you have in your everyday life? Things get tough you quit because its just too hard? wow

A rtarded comment like this shouldn't deserve a comment but hell, I play to have FUN and it was Fun with the normal bots...
And for your most stupid question of the century, No... My every day life isn't in a Game like yours most likely is..

Like most things in 'For Honor' it's left to the player to find it out on their own through practice or guesswork.

I have NFI why I am facing level 2 bots now, but when I tried to learn peacekeeper (who was lvl 1 0 unlocks or gear) I was up against lvl 2 (or higher) bots who stomped me into the dirt. Couldn't learn a damn thing!

I would think hmmm maybe I can see the case here if I use my Rep lvl 1 Warden with gear rating 51. But a lvl 1 gear 0 peacekeeper first time player. Yeah, great effort Ubisoft expect more 1 star rated matches from me in the future.

Sadly most games have 2 types of difficulty. So easy it is painful or so hard it is unplayable.

I think I did pvp vs players twice, a duel (lost) and 1 dominion (won). No idea why all my bots in duals etc are lvl 2+ now, no idea how to stop this crap so I can LEARN a new class. Not having fun, unable to learn.

Yea, I've got the same.. My rep 1 warden level'd up by playing a lot of dominion matches vs bots, Last few levels up took Ages though because they've put me against level 2 bots
It was all fine and dandy when playing with the normal bots, Why would they change it?

nerodiseppia
02-18-2017, 08:56 PM
yeah, something's clearely not working right here.
all of a sudden i went from facing bots lvl 1 to 3.
My K/D is (and always has been) pathetic and i haven't even levelled my characters much: my main is rep 1... the others are still rep 0

Besides, how come i never got to face bots lvl 2??? it went straight from 1 to 3
It would be nice to get some feedback on this matter from the community managers here.

We should be able to choose what bots we want to face, according to the level of challenge we're looking for.

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 09:04 PM
Yeah. The bots are pretty broken with their perfect defense. Because they have perfect timing, they deal mire damage, than a normal player could do.
The fast attackers are the worst. They spam you to death.
In addition, they perfectly counter your GBs and have revenge mode ready nearly every time.

nerodiseppia
02-18-2017, 09:19 PM
To be fair, i can't really tell if lvl 3 bots are broken or not. All i know is that, for a player with my skills, they are downright unplayable.
Perhaps a better player than me doesn't find them so hard to contend with..... Perhaps some players enjoy the challenge.... that's absolutely ok

What is definitely not ok is that a crappy player like me gets forcedly matched up against the thoughest bots in the game. That's not challenging to me... it's simply annoying and frustrating.... and i don't play videogames in my spare time to get frustrated.

I think it's great that we have different level of bots: just let us choose what level we want to play against.

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 11:06 PM
The bits after level 2 are totally different.

The orochi level one often uses heavy attacks and has a small cool down, between attacks. He uses all the basic combo chains.

His level two version, only uses heavies, to open up, after a gb and to finish you. His nain attack is the tripple light combo, with a heavy finisher, if he connects (to finish you). It is suicide to try to parry the light chain and adjusting the block is guessing in combination with luck. Dodging does not work, if your class has a short dash.

The nibushi works quite similar.

Both don't have the mention cooldown between attacks anymore.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-18-2017, 11:08 PM
I'm kind of interested in this too. There's four levels to bots, 0 to 3. I mostly see the 2's and I've only seen level 3 bots once - And our team got destroyed by them.

I'm with the OP here. Despite my rep 3, I would like to face lower bots as a sort of "Cooldown" if PvP crushed my spirit after a while.

DrExtrem
02-18-2017, 11:55 PM
The bots don't need to be weak ..

But a little more "human" would be a good start.

Allyyxx
02-19-2017, 05:25 AM
They should definitely let us select what bot levels we fight against. The way bot level 3 is at, they are impossible to beat, not fun at all. I've never even fought a level 2 bot, so I can't even say if they would be more fun. But the way they have it set up, where the game chooses bot level for us, is incredibly discouraging. If Ubisoft comes out with a For Honor 2 in the future and this problem is still in the first game, at least I'll know not to waste my money on the second game. Like someone said in this thread earlier, I play games to have fun, not to be endlessly frustrated. I get few hours in a work day to play games and the fun factor is very important to me. The way this is set up is not fun at all.

Zordrage
02-19-2017, 05:35 AM
The bots don't need to be weak ..

But a little more "human" would be a good start.

they can spamblock like 3 people at once from all 3 direction..... also it seems they generate revenge WAAAAAY faster then players.... also Unblockable spams 24/7....

the only thing they are close to humans are the Guard break.... lvl3 bots spam it just as hard as some players lol.

Zordrage
02-19-2017, 05:37 AM
They should definitely let us select what bot levels we fight against. The way bot level 3 is at, they are impossible to beat, not fun at all. I've never even fought a level 2 bot, so I can't even say if they would be more fun. But the way they have it set up, where the game chooses bot level for us, is incredibly discouraging. If Ubisoft comes out with a For Honor 2 in the future and this problem is still in the first game, at least I'll know not to waste my money on the second game. Like someone said in this thread earlier, I play games to have fun, not to be endlessly frustrated. I get few hours in a work day to play games and the fun factor is very important to me. The way this is set up is not fun at all.

lol its not impossible to beat...

the Major prob they have is the Flawless Block cheating they doing... you bassicaly cant dmg some of them them without a guard break.... and sometimes they Counter 4-5 of your Guardbreak in a row with their own.....

D0MFTW
02-19-2017, 06:34 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only who think the AI's defense is godlike. No matter what I throw at them they always seem to adjust and block at the last millisecond. I guess it doesn't help that I main the Valkyrie and that she swings slow AF.

Altair_Snake
02-19-2017, 07:21 AM
Would you guys settle for a lower XP reward, from lower level bots? If so, than I think it'd be cool for the Devs to let yall choose it.

I actually think it is kinda bad that the AI gives as much reward as PvP. I know some guys who are interested in PvP but mostly grind the AI. :( It sucks. That means splitting the player pool and having fewer players to match with eachother, which tends to generate longer matchmaking and higher latency. And tehse are players interested in PVP, mind you. They just think they need top equipment to play it. -_-

jaka_lope
02-19-2017, 07:25 AM
Would you guys settle for a lower XP reward, from lower level bots? If so, than I think it'd be cool for the Devs to let yall choose it.

I actually think it is kinda bad that the AI gives as much reward as PvP. I know some guys who are interested in PvP but mostly grind the AI. :( It sucks. That means splitting the player pool and having fewer players to match with eachother, which tends to generate longer matchmaking and higher latency. And tehse are players interested in PVP, mind you. They just think they need top equipment to play it. -_-

latency? wtf does what you said have to do with latency whatsoever?

DrExtrem
02-19-2017, 08:53 AM

Why should the AI give us less xp? It fights better, than 90% of the players in our brackets. AND the rewards are already lower.

Actually, I don't think, that people should be able to choose the bot difficulty in mp games - but the god-bots need some work. Their impenetrable defense is a problem, because the game already favours the defensive playstyle. In this game, the attacker is risking a lot.
Another problem is the step up from bot-1 to bot-2. It is too steep. Bot one does not use GB and they can be beaten, with this simple technique alone. The bot progressen needs to be adjusted with more tiers, that step up the difficulty in a more steady way.

zwaggs33
02-19-2017, 09:06 AM
Was honestly unaware that bots had different levels until after 20+ hours of play. But I suppose a big part of that is I mostly play PvP.

ZyRonNO1
02-19-2017, 11:42 AM
I agree with OP too. I have some issues with some of the lvl 2 bots. I do not think im that bad but its not like in the betas. They have changed something. In the betas you could face maybe one lvl 2 bot in a dominion, the rest would be lvl 1. Ofcourse its not BAD to practice, but sometimes it just feels impossible. I think many new players maybe would be scared off this game.

I hope they look into this, and I think they will... :)

nerodiseppia
02-19-2017, 11:48 AM

actually i think it should be the other way around. They should give us the chance to choose the level and increase the xp and rewards for level 3 bots.

Level 3 bots offer a much higher challenge than any high level human player. So the reward shoould be higher.

Besides players vs AI encounters already offer less xp than PVP encounters, so there's no need to decrease them any more. And as for your PVP-related concern, it is unfounded mate..... It's much quicker to grind xp through PVP encounters, so anyone who is grinding xp through pve is doing it wrong. ;)

I say, leave the bot 1 xp reward as they are (which is really as low as they can get, without becoming irrelevant), set a slightly higher xp reward for level 2 bots (but still lower than the corresponding pvp xp reward), and finally set an even higher xp reward for level 3 bots (perhaps slightly higher than pvp rewards, or, at the very least, on par with them).
.... and most importantly, allow us to choose what level of challenge we want to face! :)

ZyRonNO1
02-19-2017, 11:51 AM
I say, leave the bot 1 xp reward as they are (which is really as low as they can get, without becoming irrelevant), set a slightly higher xp reward for level 2 bots (but still lowered than the corresponding pvp xp reward), and finally set an even higher xp reward for level 3 bots (higher than pvp rewards).
.... and most importantly, allow us to choose what level of challenge we want to face! :)

+1 :)

jaka_lope
02-19-2017, 09:36 PM
Why should the AI give us less xp? It fights better, than 90% of the players in our brackets. AND the rewards are already lower.

Actually, I don't think, that people should be able to choose the bot difficulty in mp games - but the god-bots need some work. Their impenetrable defense is a problem, because the game already favours the defensive playstyle. In this game, the attacker is risking a lot.
Another problem is the step up from bot-1 to bot-2. It is too steep. Bot one does not use GB and they can be beaten, with this simple technique alone. The bot progressen needs to be adjusted with more tiers, that step up the difficulty in a more steady way.

agreed, and i think bots are better teammates. they play to win and don't sit back and wait for duels to finish.

TheMalakith
02-22-2017, 01:45 PM
I don't really have issues with lvl 2 bots, they seem fine to me. The lvl 3 bots seem to be cheating quite a bit.

If you GB them in a dodge they will still counter it. They can block multiple angles at the same time without a shield, and GB counter seems to get ignored quite a bit, especially if they have no stamina and grab you.

You can fool a bots revenge by fainting a heavy btw. They almost always activate it when the guy they focus attacks them.