PDA

View Full Version : was parrying too late a thing in the beta?

Fibrillous
02-16-2017, 09:31 AM
so i noticed that if you hit the parry button too LATE, you also fail the parry. It can be really frustrating on characters like peacekeeper because by the time you react to the attack and then parry, along with latency, you will usually get hit for the late parry. was it like this in the beta? it feels so different to me, but maybe i just didnt notice before.

Fibrillous
02-16-2017, 10:09 AM
yeah that's what im saying. Like, there is a small bit of time where if you try to parry, youll get punished. like, its if you try to parry as an attack hits you. I felt like it wasnt like this in the beta. i thought the parry window went to the end of their attack deliverance

Jarnhand
02-16-2017, 10:21 AM
Some people are stating that the timer for successfully parry has been lowered from the beta.
Problem is Ubisoft for this game does not post patch notes, which is a really bad idea, and need to change if they want less drama on the internet.

PrinceOfTea
02-16-2017, 10:21 AM
This is a bit confusing.
Can we use "initiate" instead of "block"?
To initiate a parry late means you're parrying while you get smashed in the face - afaik the parry window only ends once you're hit.
You can initiate a parry too early, in which case you'll start an attack in that direction and get smashed in the face.

Is that what you mean?

Moocowflopflop
02-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Some people are stating that the timer for successfully parry has been lowered from the beta.
Problem is Ubisoft for this game does not post patch notes, which is a really bad idea, and need to change if they want less drama on the internet.

I'm going to go out and say some people are wrong. I've had zero problems parrying at all. :3