PDA

View Full Version : On what platform should I buy the game?

ONLY1FROST
02-16-2017, 07:35 AM
Hello,

I would like to buy the game, altough I cannot decide on what platform I should buy the game: PC or PS4?

Which one has the greater player base?
What do you think which one will be last longer (the player base)?
I don't care about the better graphics nor 60 FPS, I only want to play the game where the player base bigger because I do not want to play the game on a "dead" platform where most of the players quit the game....

What do you think my PC is enough to run the game on Full HD max settings?

CPU: i5 4590
RAM: 16GB
VGA: GTX 970

Thanks in advance,

feuerundblut
02-16-2017, 07:47 AM
Get it on PC cause you don't know if the PS5 will allow you to play it.

Yeshua_
02-16-2017, 07:55 AM
PC if you're serious about the game. Console always takes a backseat in terms of skill.

Fin_anzo
02-16-2017, 07:56 AM
1080p with solid 60fps on high (not ultra settings) would be possible for you pal. I cant imagine this game with 30fps (do console run for honor with 30 or 60fps?)

Edit: i know you dont care but the game wont die on PC either so i cant think of one good reason to buy it on consol tbh.

RickyTan253
02-16-2017, 08:08 AM
Xbox one pfffffff

Aibjorn
02-16-2017, 08:41 AM
If I were you I would buy the game on PS4, much more relaxed from what I have heard. PC players are just way too good all of the sudden.

The_B0G_
02-16-2017, 08:57 AM
I have a gaming PC and Ps4 and any competitive multiplayer game I buy, is for my ps4, with PC it's too easy to hack, you never know when they do it half the time either.

Fa3r.
02-16-2017, 09:23 AM
At the most I would only rent this game.

Once the new game shiny wears off, you see how many problems there are with the game and the community that plays it.

Until Ubisoft expresses a genuine interest in the longevity of the game, I would steer clear. So far to me it has simply proven to be a gimmicky cash grab.

They put more work into the microtransaction system than most of the UI. P2P issues. Bad mechanic design issues. There is a lot of potential, but it is squandered by greed. I hope this changes down the line, but I only see it getting worse.

Rent it, see if you like it for more than a few days IMO.

TheBadMan_
02-16-2017, 09:38 AM
PC if you're serious about the game. Console always takes a backseat in terms of skill.

Guy here has no idea what hes saying skill wise. It's a fighting game. Its easier with controler propably. I an though a hard headed keyboard user and still do just fine.
SO in terms of gameplay it doesnt really matter.

heres the deal:

Speaking graphics i run the game on my 980M on ultra with 60fps locked and stable at all times.
And my guess here is that PC will provide you with better experience by far.

The game is in state where PVP is going in a weird form of Peer2Peer where none of players is a server, and all of them co-host the match. It was designed to lower pings, making local "servers" near deisgnated group playing the match. Except a number of issues it was suposed to solve itself, it is a miserable rip-off on developer side, wchich also allowed hackers to set up a 100% reliable block/parry bot.

Conclusions:

Considering all the info. I myself would still get the PC version if any. Just because i hate consoles (for many reasons). Someone hyped to play the game should propably chose a console version though. Theres still a multiplayer though with recuring payments for access. (and no ****ing bots what so ever).

Second, If you are a graphics lover( like me) then its PC again, wchich will surely provide you with better experience.

Lastly, competitively i do think PC community is usually the biggest one. On the other hand the ammount of hate towards the poor development, hackers present on release, as well as vast conectivity issues related to cursed P2P connection method, they all seem to try killing the PC player base, and PVP scene along with it.

So there you have it. I did skip the class ballance and the useless skirmish mode intentionally, as it is all about to change as devs will most likely improve the game experience further.
(I just hope this time they make a positive change. CBT and OBT were so much beter than release **** product. Step aside CAT info where game was deep in developement)
And a word of brutal truth wchich i trully belive in, that game is not really worth buying from pros/cons point of view. Not within first 2 or 3 weeks. It demands DEV Team to adress their attention to number of connection issues across all platforms and hackers outbreak on PC at least to consider game worth buying.
Right now its still BETA. not CBT or OBT, but a Pay2PlayBETA.

Elger1no
02-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Here's the deal. Whether you play with pad or mouse, that doesn't matter. The post below OP is talking rubbish.

Consoles are locked at 30fps, have greater input lag and they don't look especially good anyway. The exception is the new iterations, Pro and Scorpio, which do as well as PC (up to 60fps) in the framerate and input lag department. So on pure performance, unless you have the much more expensive consoles, get PC. Now you say this doesn't matter, but I would strongly suggest you to take this under advisement. The input lag that comes from such a poorly performing game half-destroys the experience. So many mechanics have tight timings, added with P2P server solution, mechanics that are skilful on PC might feel like RNG on consoles.

I believe the PC community is the one more likely to last, because console gamers are less likely to be into a game this hardcore, especially once a meta is established. But that's like, my opinion man.

The_B0G_
02-16-2017, 11:51 AM
Here's the deal. Whether you play with pad or mouse, that doesn't matter. The post below OP is talking rubbish.

Consoles are locked at 30fps, have greater input lag and they don't look especially good anyway. The exception is the new iterations, Pro and Scorpio, which do as well as PC (up to 60fps) in the framerate and input lag department. So on pure performance, unless you have the much more expensive consoles, get PC. Now you say this doesn't matter, but I would strongly suggest you to take this under advisement. The input lag that comes from such a poorly performing game half-destroys the experience. So many mechanics have tight timings, added with P2P server solution, mechanics that are skilful on PC might feel like RNG on consoles.

I believe the PC community is the one more likely to last, because console gamers are less likely to be into a game this hardcore, especially once a meta is established. But that's like, my opinion man.

Why would console gamers be less likely to be into a game this "hardcore" that makes no sense. We're all gamers playing the same game... what difference besides graphics is there? I know you said it's just your opinion but I just don't understand your logic.

Like I said earlier in this thread, with PC competitive games you'll always have hackers, the more popular the game, the more hackers. Look at GTA V and CS:GO, hackers everywhere. I have a pretty sweet gaming PC but I play all my competitive games for console.

Elger1no
02-16-2017, 03:28 PM
Why would console gamers be less likely to be into a game this "hardcore" that makes no sense. We're all gamers playing the same game... what difference besides graphics is there? I know you said it's just your opinion but I just don't understand your logic.

Like I said earlier in this thread, with PC competitive games you'll always have hackers, the more popular the game, the more hackers. Look at GTA V and CS:GO, hackers everywhere. I have a pretty sweet gaming PC but I play all my competitive games for console.

All the big competitive games are PC based for a reason. PC is where all the enthusiasts and streamers are, too. Think about it, who's more likely to push themselves to be good at the game? Someone who opts for an inferior platform because it's simpler to setup and use? Or someone who goes for the superior performance and uses a PC? In most cases now PC Gamers construct their own rigs. There's clearly more drive there.

This is the primary reason I judged it that way. Long term, the casual players are going to leave no matter what. It'll be competitive gamers who keep it alive and they're mostly playing PC.

As for hacking, that's almost always irrelevant to whether the game finds longevity or not. Look at GTA.