PDA

View Full Version : Hidden MMR is anti-competitive, let us know where we stand

Gubermensch
02-16-2017, 03:01 AM
Edit: first of all, just want to say, this game is awesome and has great potential.

Correct me if i'm wrong.. there is no mmr ranking to be found, it's hidden. Most players are mediocre and will eventually have a 50% k/d (Dueling) as they settle into their spot on the mmr ladder. So k/d is a poor indication of skill for the majority... Regardless, we don't know where we stand, which IMO takes away from the competitive spirit of the game.

Am I in a minority that would like an mmr rating visible in all matchups? There is clearly something in place, since after my first 10 matches or so, I can't find a poor player that doesn't use the full scope of tactics. Perhaps I am in the lower 50 percentile.... I don't know. I would like to know!

rcwd
02-16-2017, 03:18 AM
Ranked mode is coming in the future, what we have is basically quickplay, many games have hidden mmr for quickplay

Gubermensch
02-16-2017, 03:28 AM
Source?

BeScurred
02-16-2017, 03:35 AM
Source?

Source for ranked? A Ubisoft video on youtube, not gonna search for you, but it's there.

Gubermensch
02-16-2017, 03:46 AM
Fair enough, does anyone know when ranked is going live?

http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-confirms-for-honor-season-pass-ranked-play-coming-later-this-year/

Gubermensch
02-16-2017, 11:28 PM
No word at all on a ranked release date? Any speculation as to why they'd wait an entire season, if that is the case? That would be ridiculous. Any other competitive players out there that need a skill rating to grind? Quick matches are getting less rewarding.

lebannen247
02-16-2017, 11:31 PM
No word at all on a ranked release date? Any speculation as to why they'd wait an entire season, if that is the case? That would be ridiculous. Any other competitive players out there that needs a skill rating to grind? Quick matches are getting less rewarding.

The majority of us think ranked will give you AIDS and Cancer. Did enough ranked with WoW and Overwatch to last a lifetime...quick play for life for me.

Gubermensch
02-16-2017, 11:35 PM
The majority of us think ranked will give you AIDS and Cancer. Did enough ranked with WoW and Overwatch to last a lifetime...quick play for life for me.

Is that so? Who appointed you as the majority spokesman? You're a "we're all winners, everyone gets a trophy" kind of guy.... that's cool, to each their own.

Solidwolf1
02-16-2017, 11:36 PM
I would love ranked... even if you are not the best it gives motivation to keep climbing...

lebannen247
02-16-2017, 11:38 PM
Is that so? Who appointed you as the majority spokesman? You're a "we're all winners, everyone gets a trophy" kind of guy.... that's cool, to each their own.

I am the personification anti-participation trophy. I know they are going to implement ranked and I want to stay away from that cancer as much as possible. I do not want to build another team and go through that **** again.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I agree with you TS, but I'm sure that'll be handled when ranked comes out. Hopefully it'll come out soon!

Ranked duel will be my favorite, but ranked dominion, brawl, and skirmish would be awesome too, for those that like team play. I just hope they get rid of the bridge maps on duel for ranked. It's hard to take something seriously that's supposed to be competitive when they throw in maps that specifically cater to certain character types.

Solidwolf1
02-16-2017, 11:44 PM
@lebannen247

I got no problems with you stating your opinion but don't generalize, you are no mindreader so you can't know what most people think

lebannen247
02-16-2017, 11:46 PM
Don't lie. That would mean you have friends. Which as we all know is not true.

Ranked games might be fun, especially since we won't have those wonder boys like lebannen247 screaming how bad this game is and how full of cancer :D

I never said this game is bad, I love it, and it is one of the best games in the past 3-5 years for me. Its true, I dont have many friends, although the reason for that is the past 20 or so years the majority of them have died from service to this great country or dropped off the face of the earth. Lastly, arent you the guy that got pissed at me when i mentioned that weeaboos with anime names should get kicked from the game? I think so, because you have been this ***** stalker of mine for the past 2 hours and to be honest I am flattered but Im spoken for currently.

Then again, slant eyed weebs like you will probably default to internet tough guy justice. Nice try though...

Gubermensch
02-16-2017, 11:47 PM
New to the forum, is this the resident troll?

lebannen247
02-16-2017, 11:54 PM
@lebannen247

I got no problems with you stating your opinion but don't generalize, you are no mindreader so you can't know what most people think

You are right, I am only referring to the people that I played with so far since Tuesday. I would say at least one person in every group that has comms up agree with me. So, no the vast majority didnt say that. I would say just pulling a number out of my ***, a solid 33% wont touch Ranked more than 5 times w/o having a premade.