PDA

View Full Version : No Honor, Disgusting 1v1

Jarvis_Binks
02-16-2017, 12:41 AM
So this game seems to attract complete and utter trolls who instead of see it as an opportunity to get better through competing, like to belittle and rage quit and team up and blah blah blah the list goes on. I'm assuming there's nothing that can be done about the ****s who absolutely drain every ounce of enjoyment from the game with their cocky and ****y attitudes. Whew, I'm hoping to see a group or clan or something show up that has the spirit of the game in mind when the dust settles from all of these OBNOXIOUS disconnects and crashes. So much potential drained so quickly because of dumb ****y millennials. :o Rant over.

forrest0755
02-16-2017, 12:50 AM
Get better, learn how to fight 1 v 2. Or learn how to retreat. This isnt a game about dueling. There is a mode for that if all you want to do is 1v1's. Some of us lenjoy team based combat, which is what dominion and skirmish are designed for. Elimination can go either way. Some matches start out with people 1 v1ing, others just turn into a big brawl. Just deal with it.

Yeshua_
02-16-2017, 12:58 AM
Play 1v1's.

Ephemiel
02-16-2017, 01:01 AM
Get better, learn how to fight 1 v 2. Or learn how to retreat. This isnt a game about dueling. There is a mode for that if all you want to do is 1v1's. Some of us lenjoy team based combat, which is what dominion and skirmish are designed for. Elimination can go either way. Some matches start out with people 1 v1ing, others just turn into a big brawl. Just deal with it.

This IS a game about dueling you idiot, why do you think guard mode locks you into one person?

Funeragon
02-16-2017, 01:02 AM
Eheh, you can't change their mind, if they want 2v1, you can't force them to let your duels...

Hellhound66
02-16-2017, 01:06 AM
Actually millennials are healthiest generation when it comes to mental health(they got healthy attitude). Second - Piss off. You want to get better? Go play bots. I came here to win. I will gank you, i will throw you off the ledge if your position is bad and you are free to do the same. If you lack drive for win then go play tetris.

THIS is the cancer of our community.

forrest0755
02-16-2017, 01:06 AM
This IS a game about dueling you idiot, why do you think guard mode locks you into one person?

If you tap LT, guess what, it automatically locks on to the other enemy. They have specific systems in place to block when being attacked by multiple people. The tutorials teach you how to fight against multiple people. Why would they include those things, if they just wanted you to always fight 1v1? Why would there b 4v4 modes, if they just wanted you to fight 1v1?

forrest0755
02-16-2017, 01:13 AM
Thye cancer of the community is the people constantly whining about other people not having honor. being ganged up on is part of the game. If you are outmatched, retreat, or stall until help arrives. Stop complaining because you invented some personal code of honor and others arent following it. Again, not a 1v1 game. $v4 modes are about team play

Ephemiel
02-16-2017, 01:16 AM
Dueling? So thats why they made 4v4? For more duels? Dude, grow up. Why it locks you into one person? Have you tried fighting WITHOUT locking? In real life you also should focus on one opponent while having in mind you are fighting with more(to block from the side) but you can't focus on all of them. Sorry mate. Play 1v1 if you want duels. Play rest of the modes when you grow up:)

You're not using the grow up comeback correctly AT ALL. Sad, people can't even use easy and basic comebacks correctly anymore.

Jarvis_Binks
02-16-2017, 01:31 AM
THIS is the cancer of our community.

Yep, pretty much. It's like a roided up version of some devolved reptile brain that our lovely generation is grossly mass producing. Can't teach community, right?

Anyways, I get 2v1's. When I say honor, it's not so much tactic (although 3v1, maybe...but 4v1, come the **** on mate) as it is that disgusting ****-talk and ARROGANCE which takes any decent mechanism (like a simulated battle to the death) where competition can be experienced at its PEAK and piss all over it with immaturity and **** stroking. PEAK meaning high level play (this includes using enviro, punish the fool who doesn't counter a guard break, etc. I'm not a ****) WITH the respect that encourages a stronger player base. Games survive and thrive with a good constructive community and this game has so much working for it in THAT direction but it will most definitely lose players with massive trolls running around damning the experience for others. I realized soon after posting that I opened a metaphorical door for some ignorant children to scream "what a whiner" and "I'll talk whatever **** I want" but the BEST way for this game to be competitive and enduring is a strong player community that doesn't **** talk and troll off anyone who's trying to get better. I've already seen it from some really good streamers so it I guess this is more just a push in that direction as well. Better community = better players. Better players = higher quality matches. Higher quality matches = better community. And it cycles up.

Or be a **** and **** on a good thing.

forrest0755
02-16-2017, 01:36 AM
You act like you side doesnt talk **** and troll. being screamed at for playing a game I paid for the way I want to play it is pretty annoying. I like the team dynamic. I like fighting two people at once. 3 is really tough, though not impossible. But again, 4v4 isnt made for dueling. I agree the rage quitting is annoyiong, but thats every online game ever.

Jarvis_Binks
02-16-2017, 01:44 AM
And why should you scream about destroying fun and experience of those that don't apply your childish point of fighting with honor? Hypocritical dont you think?

It'd be hypocritical IF I was being abusive and insulting for the sake of doing so, however, trolling and the like is an ABUSIVE way of behaving, that's why it's called "TROLLING." If that's fun for people then go ahead, I was simply "shouting" that inevitably, that behavior represents a "weaker" minded person who ends up being a cancer to whatever mode it is currently abusing. My point of view is hardly childish, my point of view is the foundation by which all substantial civilizations first (especially the western world) establish real dominance. By NOT being trolls and destroying their community and the people in them. An online game is a community where you can build or destroy. Just applying basic forward thinking ideas. Anyway, my frustration is ultimately resolved now that I've seen the "incredible" sorts of responses expressed here.

To a wonderful world of war! :D

forrest0755
02-16-2017, 01:57 AM
"I created my own personal code of honor, and now all of you have to follow it, otherwise you are just being trolls and cancers. I am going to demand all people play likie I do, even though the actual game says nothing about playing this way, and in facts prepares players to fight in 2 v 1's"

Godsplitter1991
02-16-2017, 02:19 AM
Alright cool that's fine just teach me how to read minds and also make everyone think the same way. Should be good then

ZakuBeta
02-16-2017, 02:24 AM
The title of the game is "For Honor" There were honor codes for fighting. I will give my opponent the same as they give me, if they crap pile, then I will try to crap pile on them. However, saying you have "Skill" when you are incapable of winning without crap piling on people is a bit ludicrous.

Rage quitters irritate me to know end. After the first match, you will know what type of game to expect. Rate the game when it's completed at the lowest level after, and then leave the match and try again.

Pile masters, don't assume your good because you can pimp slap people with 2-3 helpers. Honor players, don't assume your opponent will fight with honor, and only break your honor code when your opponent proves to have none.

Duke_Ryker
02-16-2017, 02:27 AM
Im an old guy, 50, my eye hand coordination and carpul tunnel keeps me honest so when I own *****es I feel it is more of an accomplishment LOL

The_Mensan
02-16-2017, 02:33 AM
Dominion is a simulation of WAR, not a simulation of a duel. Please go join the army and ask your opponent to not "sneak up / gang up / use better gear" than you... See how that works out.

If you are losing, it means you suck. Someone's got to lose, it's normal. You are not special, you don't auto-deserve to win. For every 90% winrate player, there's probably a 10% somewhere...

It's funny that someone is blaming millennials on kicking their ***, seriously? I personally find millennials to be too soft snowflake like most of the time (I am a bit older). A millennial would likely just play to have fun, whereas someone like me ACTUALLY play to win. It's like a challenge, pick a game, do better than other people. Rinse and repeat.

ZakuBeta
02-16-2017, 02:55 AM
Dominion is a simulation of WAR, not a simulation of a duel. Please go join the army and ask your opponent to not "sneak up / gang up / use better gear" than you... See how that works out.

If you are losing, it means you suck. Someone's got to lose, it's normal. You are not special, you don't auto-deserve to win. For every 90% winrate player, there's probably a 10% somewhere...

It's funny that someone is blaming millennials on kicking their ***, seriously? I personally find millennials to be too soft snowflake like most of the time (I am a bit older). A millennial would likely just play to have fun, whereas someone like me ACTUALLY play to win. It's like a challenge, pick a game, do better than other people. Rinse and repeat.

That is a modern way of thinking. The time period these people existed, the sneaking was considered abhorrent. Yes it happened, and those commanders were frequently chastised, and occasionally executed for such transgressions. Sometimes, their own warriors would leave, kill them, or imprison them. America "won" the revolutionary war by what was considered "cheating" at the time. Some of us are actually looking for the old ways to be represented in this game. I try to avoid the 4v4 matches myself, but the orders and stuff will force me into it, which sucks for me, because then I won't get the steel if I don't do it.

Go invent a time machine and join a medieval army and try sneaking around the battlefield and see what happens.

ZakuBeta
02-16-2017, 03:47 AM
Wars use to be fought with honor. What ubisoft didn't do was reward honorable play more than using modern tactics in a medieval setting.

forrest0755
02-16-2017, 03:49 AM
The title of the game is "For Honor" There were honor codes for fighting. I will give my opponent the same as they give me, if they crap pile, then I will try to crap pile on them. However, saying you have "Skill" when you are incapable of winning without crap piling on people is a bit ludicrous.

Rage quitters irritate me to know end. After the first match, you will know what type of game to expect. Rate the game when it's completed at the lowest level after, and then leave the match and try again.

Pile masters, don't assume your good because you can pimp slap people with 2-3 helpers. Honor players, don't assume your opponent will fight with honor, and only break your honor code when your opponent proves to have none.

For Honor, not With Honor. Fighting for Honor is very different than fighting With Honor. For Honor means for glory on the battlefield. I dont assume I am good just cause I can win 2 on 1, I can win 1 on 1 as well, even 1 on 2 occasionally. I see ho or in helping my team mate.I think it would be dishonorable, to let my brother or sister in arms die.

FacePunchThor
02-16-2017, 04:08 AM

I can definitely understand where you're coming from on this and I honestly agree with you. There are a few people (not many) who adhere to the DCoH (see the the post up above in the stickies), but I think about it like this. The 4V4 modes are imitating full scale battles so you can't expect everyone to wait around while all the separate 1v1's are going on. Honestly it would make the game go on for too long too. However if I notice the other team following the DCoH then I do the same for them. If not then it's an all out war (I mean I play Vikings. We never fight fair :P). I think you'll find a lot more people acting the way you want on the 2v2's if that's any consolation.

GayForShugoki
02-16-2017, 05:10 AM

By this logic, every game with a targeting system is 1v1.

ZakuBeta
02-16-2017, 01:33 PM
War never was and never will be fought with honor. No one wants to die because of some ****ty rules.. Please go back and actually read historical transcripts, instead of the highlights.

Sneaking up was valid tactic. And not only for individuals but for whole ARMIES. No one ever executed commander that won battle. Especially his men would be more loyal to him cause they would have less lives lost thanks to his TACTIC..
Pre battle movements. Flank and rear charges were announce with drums, horns, battlecries.....

There was never code for fighting. Bushido? Code for living everyday life. Knights code? The same. None of those specified how they should fight. They used everything they could, sand in the eyes, kick to the crotch, throwing of ledges, ganking up on someone. Honor players? More like naive players. Feel free to attack in mass. The game needs a friendly fire mechanic. Couldn't tell you how many times, in game, I've stabbed an overzealous ally in the back because they stepped in the way of my attacks. The reason for not tag teaming the way it is in this game in real life is because of safety for an ally. The initial charge was an honorless mess, as the fight progressed, it would become a bit more like multiple duels in a large area, with allies circling the ongoing fight more to keep an opponent from running than to kill him themselves. Using the body, and environment is all well and good, never said it wasn't, it is the 3+attackers that is what breaks it, more a schoolyard brawl. There is a reason that I don't complain about 2v1.

Also, did you ever serve in the military? You know there is an actual code taught in basic training, right? It includes a whole lot of things you can't do in combat. Sure it is more suited to the modern theatre, but it does exist, and I'd lay dollars to doughnuts that there was something similar in the past.

CaptainCreeps
02-16-2017, 03:23 PM
If you think this game is full of trolls and toxic players. Play Overwatch for a year.

TatoRezo
02-16-2017, 03:41 PM
It's almost like the game needs a 1v1 mode...

Triplash
02-16-2017, 03:54 PM

Yeah I laughed out loud when he said "This game isn't about dueling" hahaha

Ghoulishtie
02-16-2017, 03:59 PM
For Honor? More like For Runner!

Leon026
02-16-2017, 05:27 PM
LOL
:D
No.
Please.
Stop it.
The worst flanking maneuver in history. "Better let em know we are coming lads, blow the horns, bang the drums!"

You've been watching too much Lord of the Rings mate.

Actually, he is correct. Flanking charges before signals were invented, were ordered by sound, flags and/or messenger. Of course, this assumes the noble leading the flanking force didn't decide to seek glory on the battlefield first and ignore the "stay hidden" order. The more organized armies (ie Roman) most likely had better discipline in that regard.

The above was also valid up to the Napoleonic wars and Crimean War (ie Ney's charge at Waterloo with the Reserve Cavalry).

Flanking != Ambush.

forrest0755
02-17-2017, 12:07 AM
Aztez warriors were practicing guerilla warfare for a long time. Same with the Incans. Guerrilla warfare isnt some new thing, its been around for centuries. And again to the above person, this game isnt only about dueling. Its an aspect, but there is a reason they have a whole seperate game type for specifically dueling. 2v1 is an important part of the game. Tney teach you how to fight when outnumbered. They have game mechanics intended to help people who are outnumbered, like Revenge, and the abillity to quickly change who you are locked on to. Get real, the game doesnt revolve around how you want it to be played.

DethMogul
02-17-2017, 12:25 AM
First thing I did when I got the game, turn off in game chat. My experience has been 10x better than it was in the beta because of it.

Fordol
02-17-2017, 12:32 AM
I thought the "For Honor" in the title was intentionally ironic? There's nothing honorable about what Apployon is up to.

And history is full of famous ambushes and guerilla warfare. The Battle of Trebia, the Battle of Teutoberg Forest, The Battle of Trasimene, The Battle of Adrianople, the Battle of Okehazama, the Trojan Horse, the First Scottish War of Independence to name but a few.

ZakuBeta
02-17-2017, 12:37 AM
Aztez warriors were practicing guerilla warfare for a long time. Same with the Incans. Guerrilla warfare isnt some new thing, its been around for centuries. And again to the above person, this game isnt only about dueling. Its an aspect, but there is a reason they have a whole seperate game type for specifically dueling. 2v1 is an important part of the game. Tney teach you how to fight when outnumbered. They have game mechanics intended to help people who are outnumbered, like Revenge, and the abillity to quickly change who you are locked on to. Get real, the game doesnt revolve around how you want it to be played.

Yes, and cultures not represented in this game.

And there are game mechanics in the game that allow you to beat the snot out of an ally, and do no damage to them.

Continuing on Honor and the Battlefield, Look up The Red Baron. He flew with Honor, got 80 confirmed Kills, while flying a less technologically advanced plane. He was respected even by his opponents, enough to have them hold a full military funeral, with honor guard, after he was killed in action. The honor guard included those who fought him and were not killed.

forrest0755
02-17-2017, 12:39 AM
My point is guerilla warfare isnt new. Ninjas were around the same time as Samurai, they didnt announce themselves before they attacked. There are classes specifically meant to be quick and sneay. PeaceKeepers, Nobushi. The game isnt all about dueling. You are just going to have to accept that.Especially in Dominion. Dominion and Skirmish simulate war. War was nevr just a chain of 1 on 1 duels.

ZakuBeta
02-17-2017, 01:11 AM
And my point is that 4 guys beating on one isn't practical, safe or anywhere near the cultural norms of the factions involved in this game.

Ninjas are true assassins, not the class nomenclature used in this game. The game class would actually be more akin to light infantry, skirmisher, or scout. Dominion is actually closer to a skirmish, and skirmish is actually closer to a couple of scouting parties running into each other. The actual behaviors for skirmish would be more akin to a few staying and fighting, a couple running to inform command, and a couple trying to get passed those who stayed to stop the others group from reporting the contact. The Dominion would likely evolve to something similar to what I going on, but the endless respawn/all on one guy thing would not likely happen as each would attempt to cover the others blind side, effectively becoming multiple duels, at least until casualties start creeping in, but it would still end with less than 3 people actually striking the lone survivor.

FramboisMan
02-17-2017, 01:17 AM
Cause I am playing to win? Cry me a river mate. You are free to do the same thing i do. Just because you are not skilled enough to do so, doesn't mean I am the bad guy for being able to do this :D

Bad millennial is bad. 0/10

Warning: Arrogance levels are reaching critical mass! The entitlement is about to crack the reservoir!

Shotokan_Murder
02-17-2017, 02:32 AM
Most Millenials are both progressive, stupid and need to learn the lesson in life the hard way. A$$whoopin!

Stankyfoot
02-17-2017, 02:49 AM
You think this is bad? Try being an invader in the Dark Souls 3 era of group prioritization and "Seed of a Giant Tree". You know what you do? You stare them down and think about how badass you'll feel after taking their heads off.

listen to my homey, Riley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpLWnhQfp4I

Thats a ******** way of categorising an entire generation of people, especially one thats been so ****ed by two parties who fundamentally care more about corporate donors than citizens.
Also, I'd be careful about any tough guy rhetoric when your name includes the word "Shotokan", a martial art for children and housewives.

forrest0755
02-17-2017, 02:54 AM
Just get over it. Its how it is. Don't want to be ganged up on, then stick with the group. For what feels like the 5th time, modes like Dominion and Skirmish are not Dueling modes. Elimination often starts as one, but can also turn intoa big brawl. The Peace Keepers here, are designed as Assassian characters. Once again, if all you want to do is duel, go play freaking duel. And stop whi ning about milenials. If milenails are screwed up what does that say about the generation that raised them? There is no honor in war. If you think in real wars people were polit and just let people fight 1v1, then you are niave.

Felis_Menari
02-17-2017, 07:56 AM
Getting ganged up on does suck, but that's the nature of everything that isn't a duel in this game. If you wish to use a set of arbitrary rules to further your enjoyment, you need to communicate with your session partners and see if they will cooperate. Or, you set up private matches with only friends.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2017, 08:08 AM
if you dont like being ganged up on, play 2 v 2 or 1 v 1. Both of them were honorable locations. While 2 v 2 you run into the chance of fighting cowards/must win at any cost people, in generally you will find most people are kind and honorable

ZakuBeta
02-17-2017, 11:10 PM
if you dont like being ganged up on, play 2 v 2 or 1 v 1. Both of them were honorable locations. While 2 v 2 you run into the chance of fighting cowards/must win at any cost people, in generally you will find most people are kind and honorable

I usually do. The problem is the game keeps giving me the orders to go fight in the 4v4 matches and doesn't give me an option of a one or the other. I would GLADLY stay out of the 4v4 stuff, but in order to get the steel, I need to enter these matches. Hopefully, in the future, Ubisoft will make it's order system include a do this or that option, for each reward. That way I can avoid the backstabbing, honor less, modes, and others can avoid being forced to duel.

jaka_lope
02-17-2017, 11:58 PM
i actually hope they come out with some sort of guild system in which, if you are the leader, you can set this as an option or rule for your guild, because i will find one that doesn't acquiesce to this 'honor' garbage. there are practical non-applications to this 'honor' crap. you ever beat your opponent in a 2v2 and run over to your friend and stand there 'honorably' while 2 tanks turtle up on each other? omg, it's agonizing. i have a limited time to play. i'm not going to add an extra 5-10 minutes of my limited playtime each time this happens. boo on that.

jaka_lope
02-18-2017, 12:04 AM
or better yet, let players add an icon to their character that let's me know they're going to do this, so i can leave the match before i have to sit through an extra 10 minutes or deal with the whining.

VoidstarTV
02-18-2017, 12:08 AM
Actually millennials are healthiest generation when it comes to mental health(they got healthy attitude). Second - Piss off. You want to get better? Go play bots. I came here to win. I will gank you, i will throw you off the ledge if your position is bad and you are free to do the same. If you lack drive for win then go play tetris.

They are the healthiest when it comes to mental health because they get all their screeching angst out in online video games.

Brunelley
02-18-2017, 12:25 AM
Too bad 1v1's are the most unhonorable part of the game kids will just play raider and conqueror and spend the entire match trying to throw you off the ledge i love losing duels with both of us having full hp first day was fun but i refunded the game on day 2 once everyone learned all the cheesy ways to win

PotatoLord47
02-18-2017, 12:44 AM
Too bad 1v1's are the most unhonorable part of the game kids will just play raider and conqueror and spend the entire match trying to throw you off the ledge i love losing duels with both of us having full hp first day was fun but i refunded the game on day 2 once everyone learned all the cheesy ways to win

I dunno what ur level is but I see mostly Orochis, PKs, Nobushis and Berserkers. None of them abuse ledge throwing.
Besides conquerors are easy to counter if position well.

Derity
02-18-2017, 12:42 PM
It's so easy to not get thrown off an edge;

If you think your opponent is exclusively trying to throw you off an edge: DO NOT STOP SPAMMING R1 :)

Lokeshusse
02-18-2017, 12:48 PM
So this game seems to attract complete and utter trolls who instead of see it as an opportunity to get better through competing, like to belittle and rage quit and team up and blah blah blah the list goes on. I'm assuming there's nothing that can be done about the ****s who absolutely drain every ounce of enjoyment from the game with their cocky and ****y attitudes. Whew, I'm hoping to see a group or clan or something show up that has the spirit of the game in mind when the dust settles from all of these OBNOXIOUS disconnects and crashes. So much potential drained so quickly because of dumb ****y millennials. :o Rant over.

Or, you know, stop being such a sensitive little snowflake. Jesus Christ..

Fordol
02-18-2017, 02:02 PM
I blame the parents :P

JayyRupp
02-18-2017, 02:04 PM
^Refunds game but still posts on forum. Lul.

ZakuBeta
02-18-2017, 03:53 PM
He fought many battles, and many duels in the air, and there have been accounts of him allowing opponents to leave when it became apparent that neither would get the upper hand. He was even known to wave off allies.