PDA

View Full Version : I can't play Nobushi and Valkyrie.. now what?

SteewC70
02-15-2017, 09:23 PM
I played the **** out of these two heroes in the betas and I thought I was fairly decent, got my combos off and knew how to use their abilities. But now I can't do anything. My Kill/Death ratio is god awful compared to what it was in the beta, and I seem to be slower than I used to be. So I can't play these anymore, any good replacements heroes?

Vulgorn
02-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Are you absolutely sure that it's not the opponents you're facing? Everyone is having an issue where they get their *** beat, because all the good players are coming out of the woodwork since everyone started at level 0 again at release. It'll probably be better in a couple weeks once the good players have levels that suit their skill level.

CuD_
02-15-2017, 09:29 PM
I played the **** out of these two heroes in the betas and I thought I was fairly decent, got my combos off and knew how to use their abilities. But now I can't do anything. My Kill/Death ratio is god awful compared to what it was in the beta, and I seem to be slower than I used to be. So I can't play these anymore, any good replacements heroes?

Similar boat here, got pretty good with Nobushi, but not nothing seems to work. Cant put my finger on exactly what but it just no longer feels responsive, and for Nobushi to be played right you have to be able to react quickly and play tricky.

I havent decided what I am gonna switch to, but I will find a hero that is not as negatively effected by the current sluggishness in the game.

The only thing that seems to work for me fairly consistently is Hidden Stance, but it also feels like my followon attacks are much slower now and I am lucky to get off a single light strike after a perfect HS dodge.

CuD_
02-15-2017, 09:40 PM
I still do really well on my Nobushi, this sounds wrong.
Had a 9-0 K/D in my first Elimination with her.
/shrug

for me it has just been inconsistent. I still do OK if the match is responsive, but not nearly as well as I was doing during betas.

Either way, I am adjusting, but I think for now I am just gonna try out some of the other heroes a bit.

The times when I do well, I can tell the person I am fighting is not very good yet, or is suffering from lack of responsiveness. They are in the correct guard on my screen, but I manage to hit them anyway...

I had a great fight versus another nobushi in a responsive match that went how I would expect it to go. I lost, but I know why I lost.

Hoping this is just some sort of weird launch jitters, or my timing is just off.

PaUZZze
02-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Valkeryie wasn't in the beta's. Or alpha.

Dellodas
02-15-2017, 10:09 PM
same here dude, nobushi feels totally unresponsive with the release.

Scoregasms2286
02-15-2017, 10:18 PM
Valkeryie wasn't in the beta's. Or alpha.

Must be new here. Valk, LB, and shog were released in 1 beta, everyone cried they were OP then they never were seen again till release