PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Please Ubisoft, get rid of 100% Full Sync feature in missions...

adkogz7
02-15-2017, 07:46 PM
The title says it all...

Ever since with Brotherhood, the game has that primary and secondary objectives to get %100 full synchronization,and it makes the franchise, very much a "linear" scripted game, in a should be nonlinear open world sandbox game...

Since Ubisoft says they are after a less scripted gameplay, they should get rid of this system, I believe...

Of course I too like the (some parts of) scripted narrative missions and storytelling in an Assassin's Creed game and it's imperative that some scripted or action adventure set-pieces need to stay in newest releases like in Empire or sequels, but it shouldn't be dictated in every mission like it was in Assassin's Creed 3... It had every potential to be a great game but it lacked focus and it was bland designing...

Other than that, a reason I liked Assassin's Creed 2 more than other Ezio games because we can approach the missions in any way we can and we have plenty of time to observe and execute our tactics... Brotherhood and other titles' most missions have a linear path that has either a time limit or kill count needed, which quiet frankly, sucked big time for me...

Maybe... just maybe the game can have that "Hitman" type mission structure where after completion, you can replay missions where there are multiple type of "opportunities" that you could have done, which encourages you to complete that way... That was the redeeming factor of Hitman Absolution...

But again, I'd prefer an open design in approaching the mission like it was in AC II...

Any feedback or endorsement from you guys are welcoming...

LoyalACFan
02-15-2017, 11:22 PM
+1'd. I've been saying this for a while, and I'm currently replaying Unity (which I'm really disliking way more than I did when I played it the first time TBH, might actually just quit entirely) and some of the full sync requirements are a joke. Drive two brutes berserk? In the middle of this stealth infiltration mission? Seriously? I'm not even bothering to do them, but I am taking note of them as they pop up. Just plain awful. If you're going for replay value, make the missions actually strategically deep and satisfying to figure out. Blegh.

santap555
02-16-2017, 08:52 AM
I do love Full Sync system it's challenging and it made 100% game completion be valuable

but I agree that in some memories it ruined the mood and atmosphere so I suggest to just not put secondary objective to very intense or very relax memories

LoyalACFan
02-16-2017, 10:30 AM
I do love Full Sync system it's challenging and it made 100% Sync be valuable

but I agree that in some memories it ruined the mood and atmosphere so I suggest to just not put secondary objective to very intense or very relax memories

Are they really "challenging," though? I mean, playing through Unity again, I'm noticing two trends within the full sync constraints. The first trend is rather benign; constraints that aren't challenging, engaging, or frustrating, they're just there (e.g. passing over/under X obstacles during a chase, cherry-bomb-luring Y guards). These can typically be accomplished easily, within a few seconds of receiving the constraint, with a minimum of effort. The second kind, however, is the kind that ruins missions by requiring gameplay styles that are counter-intuitive to the mission design (e.g. berserking brutes or performing loud double air assassinations during stealth infiltrations). Peppered in with these are the perennial "don't get detected" ones, which is another can of worms I'm not interested in opening right now. The ONE exception I've noticed is freeing Marie Levesque's husband during the party, and that was such an outlier it felt like it should have been part of the Distraction/Infiltration/Assistance Opportunity system. So, we have useless ones that aren't challenging or interesting, and frustrating ones that butt heads with the mission design. Doesn't exactly speak well of the system as a whole. The former is actually more irritating to me TBH; I'm really getting tired of games that are full of content that isn't really fun, but rather, simply tolerable. That's basically the feeling I keep getting replaying ACU; "this isn't really fun, it's just okay." Like a shot of morphine right to frontal lobe.

RinoTheBouncer
02-16-2017, 07:36 PM
Yes. I agree with this.

The full synch, along with the random collectibles and the side missions that do not offer story should no longer be part of Assassin's Creed. First, because it's more frustrating than it is challenging or encouraging to replay, and second, full sync never really added anything special to the experience. It never made the Animus unlock new memories with story, so why are we even trying to achieve full synch? Another point is the conditions of full synch, skin an aligator in a mission where you're tailing a ship? how do you justify that in terms of story?

Same goes for performing certain types of assassinations where you can't do it by taking the normal path you'd take, but rather have to go out of your way to do them and go back to doing the mission. I wouldn't call that challenging, because it's immersion-breaking. it's literally whisking you away from focusing on your target and the experience, and have you go out of your way to kill two brutes with a bomb, or lure people by throwing cash, or avoiding a single bit of damage which can only be achieved by doing cowardly behaviors that no way the real Assassin of the time would've done them under such circumstances.

I don't like gameplay rules that do not have a story justification within the game. I love it when a game gives me challenges that are justified by the story. For example "Let's get Altair's armor to achieve perfect synchronization", okay, but why? what's going to happen when we achieve perfect synchronization? not getting it isn't gonna kick us out of the Animus. It's just an additional item for an easier gameplay or for aesthetic purposes, nothing more.

Regarding collectibles, get all 200 collectibles to unlock a weapon that is probably weaker than all the weapons you have at the point where you will have explored every inch of the world to get these collectibles, and that will also probably be after you've reached a level where you're pretty strong and defeated every enemy with your current gear, so this new armor or weapon isn't really gonna add anything, pretty much like the Advanced Ram which you only unlock after defeating all 4 legendary ships in ACIV:BF, the 4 ships you cannot defeat unless you're fully upgraded and skilled as a player to be able to do so. Which makes the unlockable feature entirely useless.

Same goes for the missions where you just press the action button on X character in Y location to trigger mission Z where you basically go from point A to point B, kill someone there and bye bye, it's over, you get cash and that's it. No cutscenes, no story, no nothing. For me, I don't even bother with those.

But when given missions that actually add more to the experience, for example the side missions of Mass Effect 2 which were basically indistinguishable from main missions, took you to new locations, led you to meet new characters and see amazing cutscenes and challenging new enemies, and adds much more story and hell, even affected the game ending. I'd rather have side missions like these instead of full synch, collectibles or the plot-less side quests.

TBH; I'm really getting tired of games that are full of content that isn't really fun, but rather, simply tolerable. That's basically the feeling I keep getting replaying ACU; "this isn't really fun, it's just okay." Like a shot of morphine right to frontal lobe.

THIS SO MUCH!

Jmech1986
09-25-2017, 07:50 AM
Totally, totally agree.
I just finished ACBF where there was a restraint to jump off a rope swing and air assassinate a target, only problem was the mechanic was not working correctly and it took nearly 4 hours for me to break the game enough to get this done. I appreciate the extra challenge these restraints give but 90% of the time they go against my strategy and screw up my flow. In AC1 and AC2 the most fun I had was in the main missions as I planned my approach, NOW the most fun I have is while free roaming because I'm free to play naturally and I keep putting off main missions because they've become such a pain. In fact, as an achievement hunter my love for AC in general has lessened since AC2 because of restraints and multiplayer, and the Assassin/Templar plot lost its intrigue a long time ago.
I'm excited about Origins but if Ubisoft keeps choking the fun out of AC then I may just turn my back on this franchise...

Moultonborough
09-26-2017, 02:10 AM
Well they ditched it for Origins so that's something.

jjabaa
09-26-2017, 03:58 PM
Well they ditched it for Origins so that's something.

heard that mission structure is more open this time too, so no sequences. that could lead exiting situations!