PDA

View Full Version : Stand and Fight!

JasonM19K
02-15-2017, 04:53 PM
Since most players just take to running away when getting beat down, I really think there needs to be a penalty incurred when you end up being a coward. Isn't the title "For Honor"? More like "Run Away Like *****es".

Apaolo_
02-15-2017, 04:54 PM
Nah

Kylar.Z
02-15-2017, 04:55 PM
You guys kinda misunderstand this whole for honor concept, there is nothing honorable in dying.

JasonM19K
02-15-2017, 05:02 PM
You guys kinda misunderstand this whole for honor concept, there is nothing honorable in dying.

Not too keen on the history of Samurai and Vikings, it seems...

Zordrage
02-15-2017, 05:06 PM
Its good that my orochi have a Shuriken and a bow :3

JasonM19K
02-15-2017, 05:18 PM
Yeah I'm sure when Viking raiders in their longships appeared on the horizon the inhabitants of the villages about to be raped and pillaged all formed an orderly queue so they could 1 vs 1 the Vikings :D

Most likely not, but at least some of them fought....

FOR HONOR

Zordrage
02-15-2017, 05:21 PM
Yeah I'm sure when Viking raiders in their longships appeared on the horizon the inhabitants of the villages about to be raped and pillaged all formed an orderly queue so they could 1 vs 1 the Vikings :D

Maaan Vikings sure know how to Live and have good parties !

JasonM19K
02-15-2017, 05:26 PM
Again, FOR Honor is very very different from WITH Honor. Massively different.

I'd love a personal example.

Moving on...

How's about just in Dominion or Elimination, where troops are a part of capturing Areas. If a lowly grunt on the front saw his glorious officers run away, there may be a tiny bit of demoralizing going on within the ranks. So maybe a reduction in capture time? Something to that effect?

JasonM19K
02-15-2017, 05:27 PM
Maaan Vikings sure know how to Live and have good parties !

This guy gets it.

JasonM19K
02-15-2017, 05:40 PM
Well sticking with the Viking theme:

Good old Elrik, pillaging a village as above, would receive honour from his fellow vikings for raping 6 women, cutting the heads off 4 children and one goat, and killing 10 enemies with one swing of his axe. He would be honoured, he is fighting FOR honour.

The alternative scenario:

Elrik bows nicely to all of his opponents and waits for them to be ready, even the goat. He refuses to fight more than one at a time, and later when looking back on how civilized the raid was over a nice cup of tea, his best buddy Arne turns to him and says 'you really fought WITH honour today Elrik'

See the difference. Really simple. Really big difference. One is for the glory of the win, the other is sticking to a set of rules of conduct / behaviour. When you suggest people fighting FOR Honor should stick to a set of rules of conduct, you actually mean WITH Honor.

This is a hypothetical example. I wanted a personal example of you fighting FOR or WITH honor.

But I digress...back to the main topic!

LeeroyGearSolid
02-15-2017, 05:43 PM
its called tactical retreat ;)

JasonM19K
02-15-2017, 05:50 PM

lol, Fair enough, but like I was suggesting, maybe in games with AI troops, cowardly officers should negatively impact the performance of their units if they run.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-15-2017, 05:51 PM
This is why I always max out my sprint speed with my gear.

Good luck trying to outrun a Beserker with sprint speed.

RatedChaotic
02-15-2017, 05:56 PM

Not anymore. We called it bounding backwards or regrouping. Retreat is not in the military dictionary anymore.

CarnivalLaw
02-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Since most players just take to running away when getting beat down, I really think there needs to be a penalty incurred when you end up being a coward. Isn't the title "For Honor"? More like "Run Away Like *****es".

LOL. You're the one here crying.