PDA

View Full Version : The game is going to become stale

GreenRanger XI
02-15-2017, 03:56 PM
With maps being built so close to edges or just quick ways to die, you usually see a 1v1 fight end quite quick. It makes you think why they spent the time on the combat system as it's barely used. Players are starting to realize that throwing and guard break into heavy is the way to go.

Literally that is all I see now in multiplayer because of how effective it is. I wish there were more maps with no environment hazards because it encourages such boring game-play. I love to just fight and when I have the opportunity to throw someone off the edge I just do it instinctively, but it's just so boring and gets stale quite quick.

Salt_is_Real
02-15-2017, 04:00 PM
With maps being built so close to edges or just quick ways to die, you usually see a 1v1 fight end quite quick. It makes you think why they spent the time on the combat system as it's barely used. Players are starting to realize that throwing and guard break into heavy is the way to go.

Literally that is all I see now in multiplayer because of how effective it is. I wish there were more maps with no environment hazards because it encourages such boring game-play. I love to just fight and when I have the opportunity to throw someone off the edge I just do it instinctively, but it's just so boring and gets stale quite quick.

I honestly like Hazards like fire that just hurt you then insta kill you. I would keep Insta kill hazards only to 4v4 matches cuz those can help you win unfair fight.

Riku_kh3
02-15-2017, 04:04 PM
So these "literally I all I see" threads about anything that happens to them more than once are horrible. Guardbreak into is effective hence why people use it. Environmental kills are easy hence why people do it. What YOU need is to practice and stop getting ledge killed and work in counter guardbreaks. As much as everyone LOVES to complain this game is really balanced right now. Its just people aren't good because it came out a day ago. So chill out stop whining and practice the game is amazing you obviously aren't though

Gubbyplz1
02-15-2017, 04:13 PM
I find the combat works well, light attack beats guard break. the foundation to me is pretty solid just play lvl 3 bots for a bit you'll get there :)

Salt_is_Real
02-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Fair enough, but in 1v1 and 2v2 the matches are just ridiculous. The bridge map is possibly the worst map for balance I've seen in any video game.

I usualy run from parts of the map that are dangerous, if my oponent want to fight there then it will end by Tie, but only Jerks who hope they will throw me over are standing there waiting.

They should add simple map like tournament ring and if ppl would like just add similar basic maps.

or you know, they could design map more like Sen's Fortress from Dark Souls one :D Boulders, Swinging Axes, narrow briges, Darts from the wall etc...

Voting the map Before actual fight would be great as well in duels and Brawl.

Apaolo_
02-15-2017, 04:19 PM
If you keep falling off bridges I feel bad for you son...I got 99 problems but situational awareness ain't one

Salt_is_Real
02-15-2017, 04:24 PM
If you keep falling off bridges I feel bad for you son...I got 99 problems but situational awareness ain't one

Well let's be honest here, I will eviromentaly kill anyone if I he does that mistake to stand at the edge, but Iam not rly happy about that and I feel cheap after that. I take duels and Brawls like a Fighting Game, I can you Imagine you would be able to kick someone out of the bridge in game like that?

RatedChaotic
02-15-2017, 04:25 PM
I agree. Give me a wide open field so there will actually be fighting. Instead of playing "who can throw who off first". You morons saying "git gud" or "stay away from ledges" that really doesnt change the fact that....... No matter if the players are good, bad, aware of their surroundings or not. Its still a who can throw who off first game in almost every 1v1 map.. No fighting is needed in most maps. Thats a problem. Sorry your not smart enough to realize that.

Apaolo_
02-15-2017, 04:28 PM
You guys realize this is a fighting game right? When two men are trying to kill each other you'll use whatever you have at your disposal in order to win. If you're dumb enough to back up against a ledge you bet your *** I'm knocking you off. I'm not going to be like "oh no look out behind you good sir!"

Apaolo_
02-15-2017, 04:32 PM
and do you realize some people may find throwing people off ledges very boring for a fighting game? Do you think street fighter would be successful if it's main core of fighting was throwing someone off a bridge? Get a brain please

Clearly you don't play fighting games. Isn't juggling a part of fighting games? That's pretty annoying right but it's part of the game. You learn to counter it. You do know you can side dodge, back step and roll away right? You know you can unlock and run to a safe space correct?

gut gud

Salt_is_Real
02-15-2017, 04:36 PM
there aren't any map exlusive to Dual and Brawl, right?

Apaolo_
02-15-2017, 04:39 PM
You're comparing juggling to pressing x and throwing someone off a cliff. You really are a stupid human being aren't you?

Good rebuttal mouth breather. Now go play the game so I can throw your noob *** off a ledge and lolololol all night

Salt_is_Real
02-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Clearly you don't play fighting games. Isn't juggling a part of fighting games? That's pretty annoying right but it's part of the game. You learn to counter it. You do know you can side dodge, back step and roll away right? You know you can unlock and run to a safe space correct?

gut gud

But Juggling can't insta kill you and isn't that easy to do in modern games, at least no one was jugling with me in MK.

RatedChaotic
02-15-2017, 04:40 PM

gut gud

Yep roll around, dodge it. Then go for another cliff push. I dont see how 2 players doing that all match is a fun fighting game. But thats just me. I guess.

FREEDOM from
02-15-2017, 04:45 PM
Its quite easy to avoid. If you don't want to mess with the hazards, don't. Run away and lure your enemy away from them. I know some maps are on bridges, but you can stay off the bridge or run to a different spot. For those who want to take advantage of it, its there, for those who don't, avoid it.

Simple really.

JonYurBz
02-15-2017, 04:49 PM
Yes the duel and 2v2 from my expirence since release is who can get the edge kill first. At this point I have fought more duels that ended with barely a weapon swung cause that is all most of these kids are going for. Basically I feel that they are trolling cause they know it's cheap. If not why do they always say sorry after? I am sorry I'm not as god tier as most of the git gud crews roaming the forums but it isn't really fun playing this atm. I'm trying to get the gb counter down by the way.

Some of these git gud players are probably worried they will lose there instant win move thus having to trade blows and learn more than the throw move. That or ubi can change duel locations on map to ease the edge cheese. At this point why do we even have weapons when all you have to do is throw player off edge? At least make it slightly harder to pull that off. I know git gud.

Apaolo_
02-15-2017, 04:49 PM
Dude for the 5000th time people aren't saying HOW DO WE STOP IT. We're saying it's BORING PLAYSTYLE.

Boy you are thick. Okay so it's not a game issue it's a persons playstyle issue. So how is that different from people who spam guard breaks or light attacks? It's a playstyle right? If that's what people want to do then learn to adapt like EVERYONE IS TELLING YOU. There are ways to avoid it, hell in the 4 hours I played last night I got thrown off a ledge maybe twice......

The generation of cry babies is just amazing. Suck it up buttercup.

FREEDOM from
02-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Dude for the 5000th time people aren't saying HOW DO WE STOP IT. We're saying it's BORING PLAYSTYLE.

Then stop letting that play-style happen. DUHHHH. If you don't like it then force your opponent to come fight you. That forces them to change their play-style. Good grief.

Hangster_96
02-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Yeah like the 1v1 on the bridge is such a disadvantage for the Warrior that can't fight close range

Like there's no room to make an outplay or play because if you go against a Grabber or someone who goes full ham like the berserker, they just F U up

RatedChaotic
02-15-2017, 04:55 PM
Everyone I have fought in 1v1. Its been more about getting a cliff push in than fighting. Its not about getting good or knowing your surroundings. This is a fighting game when you remove the fighting part of it like this game does in 99% of the maps. Thats a problem.

Apaolo_
02-15-2017, 05:03 PM
Haha I actually feel bad for you two. You do realize you can move while you're fighting correct? You can go to an area that doesn't have an edge to get thrown off of. I would love to duel you two if all you're doing is going for throws, you're easy wins. Here's a fun move...put your back to the edge, wait until the guy tries to push you, side step and then push him off! Easy right?

Or you know, just don't fight near an edge nooblords

JonYurBz
02-15-2017, 05:05 PM
Everyone I have fought in 1v1. Its been more about getting a cliff push in than fighting. Its not about getting good or knowing your surroundings. This is a fighting game when you remove the fighting part of it like this game does in 99% of the maps. Thats a problem.

This is so true. Like I said they defend it so hard cause if they don't use it, in my experience so far, they lose. Funny when there is not a ledge or these players are forced to swing weapons it doesn't go so well. Yes I can def get better at gb counter throw but it feels like it is being abused in duel and 2v2. Feels cheap when that is all most of these people use to win but per tradition git gud right!?

RatedChaotic
02-15-2017, 05:05 PM
I would que for the open field map every time if there was one. I like to fight straight up with my opponents with no hazards no buffs. Just a fight. Thats not too much to ask in a fighting game. But here it is.

JonYurBz
02-15-2017, 05:06 PM
Haha I actually feel bad for you two. You do realize you can move while you're fighting correct? You can go to an area that doesn't have an edge to get thrown off of. I would love to duel you two if all you're doing is going for throws, you're easy wins. Here's a fun move...put your back to the edge, wait until the guy tries to push you, side step and then push him off! Easy right?

It seems on a lot of the maps that isn't an option tho!

RatedChaotic
02-15-2017, 05:10 PM

I feel sorry for you aswell. Cause theres no way you made good grades in comprehensive reading.

RatedChaotic
02-15-2017, 05:13 PM

Our point proven right there.

Apaolo_
02-15-2017, 05:15 PM
I feel sorry for you aswell. Cause theres no way you made good grades in comprehensive reading.

I feel bad for you and your butt buddy getting owned by a simple throw mechanic haha. Of all the things to complain about you pick the easiest thing to avoid in the game.

GET GOOD

Dez_troi_aR
02-15-2017, 05:16 PM
New Rule:

If someone feels that certain aspects of the game could be improved, like "less enviromental hazards" than he/she shall from now on formulate a critique without writing that the whole (great) game will go to hell if said issue isnt fixed according to his likings.

Also, if someone thinks his noobish impressions are a representative reflection on how the game will be played once we all got the mechanics dow, he/she shall have a great **************** shoven up his/her *********************

Colt-556
02-15-2017, 05:19 PM
The map design stems from guard break. Really, when you think about it, all of For Honor's major problems come from guard break. It's spammable, has no cool-down, no down-side for failure, and is virtually impossible to defend against unless you know it's coming. So since all these maps have ways to fall off it becomes a "he who presses Q first wins".

If they nerf guard break then even that horrid bridge map wouldn't be that bad since it's not just a guaranteed throw to your death.

RatedChaotic
02-15-2017, 05:21 PM
I feel bad for you and your butt buddy getting owned by a simple throw mechanic haha. Of all the things to complain about you pick the easiest thing to avoid in the game.

GET GOOD

Where did we say we were getting owned by throws?....Again you get a "F" for comprehensive reading.

Jetoslash
02-15-2017, 05:32 PM
I must agree : fight is secondary, most of win are easily made with grab .. why bother to made insane combat system if 1 clic is enough, and there is EVERYWAY a deadly fall or trap.

GAMEPLAY RUINED

Put a 10 15 sec cd on grab and it will be fine

Ubisoft are really bad at making game, really

RatedChaotic
02-15-2017, 05:49 PM
Was exactly my point. 1v1 is more about cliff throws and environmental kills than the fight itself. Which is *** backwards imo. This does not mean I am a constant victim of them(had to put that in there since some people dont have comprehensive reading skills). I am just not a fan of the dancing around for the cliff throws. That a majority of my opponents do. Id rather fight instead.

PokePokeBleed
02-15-2017, 06:39 PM
I agree, too many eviromental hazards on every map, and spawning you directly on them. They should be limited and somewhere you actively bait someone, not what feels like majority of map

xSkeletalx
02-15-2017, 07:08 PM
While I agree that certain duel spawns could use some work, I personally like the environmental hazards in all of the different modes. It really sucks to get thrown in there, but it's an added level of complexity which keeps you guessing as to whether your opponent is going to go for the throw or not, and it forces you to play more carefully (or reposition) if you're caught in a fight near a cliff, fire, or other hazard.

In my opinion reducing the number of hazards would lower the overall quality and realism of the battlefields, because having hazards scattered across the map means that there are always potential dangers you need to avoid, but can also use to your advantage, particularly when outnumbered.