PDA

View Full Version : Dateline: Bucharest - Romanian Campaign?

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Well, my vacation is almost over. I've returned to Bucharest after spending a few weeks in Transylvania. Today sucked--had a flat on the Bucharest-Pitesti highway and one of the dang lug nuts stuck. After nearly breaking my back trying to loosen the thing, I got mad and gave the tire iron a kick and *presto* the nut loosend just like that! Right now, I'm sitting in my apartment driking an ice-cold Skol while listening to In-Grid and watching the tar melt. (It was 36 C and very humid today--not a good time to be stuck with a flat tire on the Wallachian Plain!)

Anyhoo...I see that Oleg is nearly ready to release the patch. That means the IAR 80 and 81 will become flyable. I was just curious if anyone is interested in doing a Romanian campaign? I've already been approached to assist with a voice pack. Problem is, the USG is shipping me off to Moscow for two months-or-so in late July, so I won't have much time to work on it. I was wondering how many of you Romanians out there might be willing to help out (?). I'm not exactly sure what all is involved, but if you're interested in lending your voice (literally!) to the cause, send me a PM.

Also, if anyone has already started working on a Romanian campaign, likewise let me know via a PM. (I promise, no one will steal anyone else's ideas! N-o sa te smecherim! Just want to make sure effort is not needlessly duplicated.)

Thanks,
Bula

Pe scurt, pentru cei care citesc romana mai usor decat engleza: patch-ul va fi gata in curand care inseamna ca IAR 80 si 81 vor fi disponibile ca 'avioane de pilotat'. Sunt curios daca cineva deja a inceput sa faca o campanie romaneasca. Daca da, te rog sa-mi dai un PM ca sunt altii care vor sa faca acelasi lucru si nu nor sa se incurce cu eforturile celoralti in privinta asta. Totodata daca sunt romani care ar fi interesati sa ajute cu crearea unui 'voice pack' romanesc, va rog sa ma contactati prin PM.

Mersi,
Bula

Message Edited on 07/01/0309:52AM by Bula

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Well, my vacation is almost over. I've returned to Bucharest after spending a few weeks in Transylvania. Today sucked--had a flat on the Bucharest-Pitesti highway and one of the dang lug nuts stuck. After nearly breaking my back trying to loosen the thing, I got mad and gave the tire iron a kick and *presto* the nut loosend just like that! Right now, I'm sitting in my apartment driking an ice-cold Skol while listening to In-Grid and watching the tar melt. (It was 36 C and very humid today--not a good time to be stuck with a flat tire on the Wallachian Plain!)

Anyhoo...I see that Oleg is nearly ready to release the patch. That means the IAR 80 and 81 will become flyable. I was just curious if anyone is interested in doing a Romanian campaign? I've already been approached to assist with a voice pack. Problem is, the USG is shipping me off to Moscow for two months-or-so in late July, so I won't have much time to work on it. I was wondering how many of you Romanians out there might be willing to help out (?). I'm not exactly sure what all is involved, but if you're interested in lending your voice (literally!) to the cause, send me a PM.

Also, if anyone has already started working on a Romanian campaign, likewise let me know via a PM. (I promise, no one will steal anyone else's ideas! N-o sa te smecherim! Just want to make sure effort is not needlessly duplicated.)

Thanks,
Bula

Pe scurt, pentru cei care citesc romana mai usor decat engleza: patch-ul va fi gata in curand care inseamna ca IAR 80 si 81 vor fi disponibile ca 'avioane de pilotat'. Sunt curios daca cineva deja a inceput sa faca o campanie romaneasca. Daca da, te rog sa-mi dai un PM ca sunt altii care vor sa faca acelasi lucru si nu nor sa se incurce cu eforturile celoralti in privinta asta. Totodata daca sunt romani care ar fi interesati sa ajute cu crearea unui 'voice pack' romanesc, va rog sa ma contactati prin PM.

Mersi,
Bula

Message Edited on 07/01/0309:52AM by Bula

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 06:04 PM
Bula wrote:

- Anyhoo...I see that Oleg is nearly ready to release
- the patch.

HAhahahahahaha /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<center>http://www.medals.org.uk/united-kingdom/images/uk654.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 06:13 PM
I'm in... I will be going away on vacation next week - but only for 1 week. After that, I'm available to help in any way needed.

http://members.shaw.ca/cuski4678/sig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Hi Bula,
I'm not Romanian, but I have a very special friend who is! She is from Brasov and she'll get a kick from hearing about the story of your drive! Do you happen to drive a Dacia?? But anyhow, I'd like to help out in anyway that I can in getting a Rumanian Campaign going. I'm very interested in that part of the war... especially since one of my relatives was a ground crewman for a B-24 that flew in the Ploesti Raid. Let me know what you think. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
take care,
- CraigNT

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Hello,
I've been to Romania three times. How do you like it? What is the purpose of your visit?

I regret not stopping in Ploesti to look for ww2 sites, or visiting the north for any sites where Amy Group South was based.

Did you visit the plaja at Constanta?

Skol, that beer made me vommit 5 times in one night, that's the was the first and last time I ever got drunk.... ;-)

Zayets
07-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Count me in!
Zayets out

http://www.emicad.nl/~justdoit/il2/logo.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 01:38 AM
Vocea mea e a ta!( la figurat).
BTW I've started doing some missions, So-called over Ploiesti(in fact some objects, set on a multyplayer map in order to look like a rafinery), but it's working realy slow, so..
Anyway count me in!
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 07:24 AM
Thanks, guys. Cuski, Zayets, and Von_Zero, would you mind sending me your e-mail addresses via a private message?

CraigNT: at this point I'm just taking a poll of Romanians who would be interested in contributing their voices to a Romanian voice pack that would appear with a Romanian campaign. When we get to the next stage and need other forms of assistance, someone will put out the call. It's great to hear there are non-Romanians interested in a Romanian campaign and willing to help, though, so thanks for volunteering! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif (Btw, I drive a Ford in Romania now, but I drove a Dacia for a few years, too.)

Just fyi: I'm not sure what sort of campaign is envisioned, but my guess is that one of the the existing maps will be used.

Achilles97: Although I'm not a Romanian citizen (I was born in the US), I used to live here and come back whenever I can to visit friends and family. I love Romania, although I'm no longer all that keen on Bucharest. I've been to most of the Black Sea beaches, some of which are nice, others not so nice. When you say Constanta, are you referring to Mamaia, which is very close by? It has one of the better beaches, imho.

Btw, I'm not a big Skol fan, either. It was the only beer left in the fridge when my wife and I got back from Alba. The couple who stays in our apartment when my wife and I are not in Bucharest drank the Carlsbergs I had left there and replaced them with Skol, so it was Skol or nothing /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 08:01 AM
Hei Bula, I am in also...

And about the beer...I am from Timisoara, and I am recomending "Timisoreana" Pils and Speciala...did a three months internship there during college and I can tell you that it deserves the name "beer". TAROM was serving in flight it last time I flew Timisoara-BUcharest.

About Skol, Tuborg (the one made in Romania, at the factory near BUcharest), some Ursus types, Bergenbier, Golden-Brau, etc...they are piswasser, earning entirely the name "industrial beer"...I will not go into details, but there are some important "changes" in the brewing process in the interest of accelerating and "volumizing" the production.

During "Ceasca" era, we had only 1 brewery at 2-3 Romanian Counties (judete)...some of them are still producing beer these days. What is important about them, some were VERY old and constructed by the germans (at least Timisoareana was build in 1840 or so, +/-)
So, if you find them, drink their beers...it's the best.
I had the privilege of sampling (more like festing) beer directly from the 2nd aging tanks, where they keep it for 2-3 weeks at 5 degrees Celsius.

Nowadays, the snobism is the name of the game in the Romanian Night life...you will never hear someone ordering a Romanian beer in a "high-class" bar/club/restaurant...everyone is drinking the Heineken piswasser, or other "straine" beer...
It was not a long time ago when "the best" beer in the house, and the MOST expensive one was "Budweiser"...and not the Czech one...nope, the plain (in every aspect) American Budweiser...adn they were paying something like 2-3 dolars or more A BOTTLE and you should see them how they were pretending how tasty it washttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif))))
I was the next awesome thing to offer as bribe (SPAGA)...now that the Kent was not that good anymore...

Zayets
07-02-2003, 08:18 AM
Here , here , here,
looks like here we have lotta Romanians. Want squdron flying IARs guys? Tell me , and I will fix a site for that.
About the beer , I ws born in Sighisoara , hence the "old" Bucegi in Reghin was the beer of the day. Nowadays is Silva if I'm not mistaken. However , more than 15 years living in Brasov which means Ciucas/Aurora beer , that was good , nowaday I don't like it. My favorite Romanian beer is Silva. A really harsh beer. They use to have it on TAROM flyin' Bucharest-Montreal. Got this friend in St. Georges Beauce , which is a Scot BTW ,and he managed to enter Canada with a 12 pack Ursus and 12 kilos palinca. Woooohooo , last time when I was visiting him I felt like home. All his garden is full of big umbrella's with almost all Romanian beers , hehehe. Also he drove his Chevy Lumina with Romanian licence plate in front aand Quebec one at rear.

That was off topic , of course , coming back to the subject, I started to do few mini-campaigns , I have Romnin fictional skins , you maybe seen them here , that P47 , and He111 Romanian Navy (they never had them but...).
For the voice pack , I will also ask my wife , maybe she have some time to spare... that would be cool!
Zayets out

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 08:34 AM
Zayets, you should come to Canada again /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif .... 80% of the families in my building are Romanians.... we have a football team and play every friday, after which... we all get together in the parking lot, making barbecues with steaks, mititei and beer /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Ohhh, and let's not forget the home made muraturi and visinata.

Last time I went to Romania (about 3 years ago) - the whole purpose of the trip was to bring back some visinata. Needless to say, the bottle broke in my suitcase and the whole bloody airport smelled like it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif ... (what was worse was the fact that I declared on the customs form that I have no alcohol whatsoever).

As for beaches... I have seen quite a few of them, but I think I liked Eforie Nord and Neptun the most.

http://members.shaw.ca/cuski4678/sig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 08:38 AM
hello,good old romanian boys.Well,I'm quite new here,I never posted onto this forum,but I use to watch the discusses,from the very first day when I got the IL2/Fb.
I was happy to notice a romanian presence here,and now I see that you wanna build a romanian campaign,with ro. voices.That's O.K.,because I expected this from a long,long time.I'll be more than happy to help you,but I'm not very good using the full mission editor,but I can put my hands to an microphone and record some voice lines for this campaign.I dunno if that will be a help for you,but will be a shame if I will not offer my(little) help.

Aha,engleza asta ma omoara cu zile!!!Sfinte,ma tot incurc in "agramaticalitatile" astea http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.Ma bucur ca exista destui romani care iubesc aviatia ww2,chiar daca tb. sa intru pe forumul Il2 ca sa dau de voi.Daca voi doriti,eu va ajut bucuros.
Apropos de C-ta,eu chiar de acolo sunt...asa ca "Mamaia beach" va asteapta,impreuna cu subsemnatul...

Zayets
07-02-2003, 08:54 AM
Well cuski , believe it or not but me as many others went in Canada after finishing the university. Been somehow lucky coz i didn't had to pay a dime for it. A Canadian company wanted me so bad that they sponsored everything. Lived in Canada for about 3 years , was not married at that time. Then , the development department went in financial difficulties and they proposed me another position , which was far of what I wanted. Lucky again , a German partner was by that time in town and they asked me if I would like to come back in Europe. Very good offer which i could not refuse. So , here I am on the roads again. But after 1 year , that company went bankrupt. Was the end of the Golden Age in IT. And once again I was lucky. A Dutch guy , which is today my boss asked what I would think about The Netherlands. I said that Netherlands was the first foreign country I have visited ever /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif . So , since 3 years I'm in The Netherlands. My children are born here, I have bought a house which BTW cost triple the price I would pay in Quebec , but still I'm happy. Dutch people are one of the most friendly on the face of the earth , so I enjoy my staying here. Good thing about this adventure is that I learnt two other languages I never thought I will speak: French and Dutch. And this makes a lot of differences in my job. I will come in Canada next year again. Have lotta friends almost everywhere , Montreal , Quebec , Toronto , St. Georges , so you bet I will come. There are not so many Romanians in The Netherlands , but is OK is only 1.5 hours flight from Bucharest.
Zaayets out

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 12:38 PM
Since Starshoy isnt there:

WE NEED VOICES!
NOTHING ELSE!

for what we can do now in FB, making a rumanian campaign on the maps allready existing (which will partially be semi-fictional anyway) all the research can be done by me. Other research has allready been done into squadrons and such. Medals can be made by Artists and ranks are common knowledge.
But we need something only "real" rumanians can do: Speak rumanian...

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://people.freenet.de/JCRitter/1sigklein.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 05:44 PM
Thanks for making my initial request clearer, Anteater. What are needed are voices. I'll get back to those of you who have PM'd me with what's required as soon as I find out myself.

OT: o bere buna-pe vremuri-era Solca bere. Nici nu stiu daca se mai fabrica. *** zicea Sobolan, multe beri care se gasesc acum pe piata nu-s prea bune. Dar zic eu asa: cand e f. cald afara, aproape orice merge daca e rece!

Maine ma intorc in California. Nu pot sa spun ca imi pare rau--arsita asta ma omoara!

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 03:10 AM
check PM.

"The show must go on..."