PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, is the data in the Objects vewer correct?

Maple_Tiger
01-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Im confused as to why it says that the top speed for the P-51 is 703kmh TAS at 7624m altitude. I have ran countless speed tests using differant amounts of fuel and it will over heat between 670kmh to 680kmh TAS deppending on how much fuel you cary.

Was the P-51 able to reach 703kmh TAS in real life without over heating?

Is 703kmh TAS at 7624m correct or was it lower then that?

Dont you think it would only be fare for some planes to atleast reach there top speeds before they over heat?

Maple_Tiger
01-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Im confused as to why it says that the top speed for the P-51 is 703kmh TAS at 7624m altitude. I have ran countless speed tests using differant amounts of fuel and it will over heat between 670kmh to 680kmh TAS deppending on how much fuel you cary.

Was the P-51 able to reach 703kmh TAS in real life without over heating?

Is 703kmh TAS at 7624m correct or was it lower then that?

Dont you think it would only be fare for some planes to atleast reach there top speeds before they over heat?

Maple_Tiger
01-21-2004, 07:13 PM
lol, stupid me.

Lmao,

I figured out how to reach 704kmh TAS at 7600m altitude with the P-51 and it never over heated once, but took me like 20min lol.

Guess how?

Dont tell anyone but the trick is to turn off the Engine Over Heat option.

JG26Red
01-22-2004, 02:46 PM
oh well, american planes get shafted too, get used to it, the A9 is like a toritse now... thats why i prefer flying P51s, P47s, and 190s and 109 servers, its more fun that flying with the russian UFOs lol...

Maple_Tiger
01-22-2004, 05:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG26Red:
oh well, american planes get shafted too, get used to it, the A9 is like a toritse now... thats why i prefer flying P51s, P47s, and 190s and 109 servers, its more fun that flying with the russian UFOs lol...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree,

Ever take the La7 and Mig3U out for a speed test? With 100% and amo these two planes can reach there top speeds without overheating. Plus you can hold there top speed for about 4 min before you have to throttle down and open the rad. I think the KI-84 is the bigest UFO, take about the same amount of damage as an FW lol.

WUAF_Badsight
01-23-2004, 04:35 AM
KI-84 speed is TOTALLY correct , i have tested it & its bang on correct , (well it was 10 kmhtoo slow & it did overheat to get there but 10 Kmh off is acceptable)

KI-84 looses its good turn ability after even small MG hits to the wings

where is the overmoddeling problem ?

it basically was an excellent design

Stalker58
01-23-2004, 04:40 AM
I always thought that max. speed for P51D was 695 km/h and 703 was for P51C...

Altitude, speed, manoeuvre and.... CRASH!

Maple_Tiger
01-23-2004, 08:28 AM
WUAF_Badsight, sorry bro. I know the Ki-84 can reach it top speed and yes it does over heat about 10 to 15kmh TAS before you get there. But i was using 50% fuel though.

Question for you guys. In real life how well did the KI-84 manuver at high speeds? I think the only reason i beleave its a UFO is that it seems to turn very good at all speeds.

I wish they would give the KI-84 and FW a more complex DM.

JG26Red
01-23-2004, 09:25 AM
I Just wish the FW series, especially the As where more correct, thats all i fly

BUT no reason to kill the american planes either... i know somebody will egg me with this comment, but this game is made by russians? no wonder the russian planes are so good..

heres a beer for hoping the TA152, Spit and p38 are properly moddeled and not deballed...

Maple_Tiger
01-23-2004, 09:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stalker58:
I always thought that max. speed for P51D was 695 km/h and 703 was for P51C...

Altitude, speed, manoeuvre and.... CRASH!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.mustangsmustangs.net/p-51/p51specs.shtml

Says here 437mph at 25k. I dont know what 437 would be in kmh's though. But in the FB Objects vewer it does say 703kmh TAS was its top speed at 7624m.

Maple_Tiger
01-23-2004, 09:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG26Red:
I Just wish the FW series, especially the As where more correct, thats all i fly

BUT no reason to kill the american planes either... i know somebody will egg me with this comment, but this game is made by russians? no wonder the russian planes are so good..

heres a beer for hoping the TA152, Spit and p38 are properly moddeled and not deballed...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actualy my favorit plane to fly when im on the Blue side is the FWA9 or A4. The later A9 or D9 kind of feel like what the P-47 was in 1.0. You pull on the stick even just a little bit and the plane would shake. Is that realistic, even if your at like 500kmh TAS?

faustnik
01-23-2004, 11:31 AM
RAF testing found little difference in turn ability between the P-51B and the Fw190A. The RAF found the Anton to be a very maneuverable a/c.

American pilots considered the Fw190s to be superior in maneuverability to the Bf109s that they encountered.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mdegnan/_images/FaustSig
www.7Jg77.com (http://www.7jg77.com)

JG26Red
01-23-2004, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
RAF testing found little difference in turn ability between the P-51B and the Fw190A. The RAF found the Anton to be a very maneuverable a/c.

American pilots considered the Fw190s to be superior in maneuverability to the Bf109s that they encountered.

http://www.7jg77.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

high speed manev? low speed? the russians didnt think much of the 190... is that why it is somewhat porked in FB?

WUAF_Badsight
01-23-2004, 12:28 PM
when historical accounts mention "maneuervability" they are not meaning tight turning

thats why the FW-190 "out maneuervers" the spitfire even tho the spitfire would slaughter the FWs in a turn fight

the KI-84 does do insane loops at high speed showing unbelieveable elevator authority

but try showing me even ONE reference about the Hayate was a poor handeler ?

it was a Awesome design just as Many other japanese designs were

their historical manufacturing problems that led to poor RL performance IS NOT moddeled

we get perfectly constructed A/C in FB , all models

the fact that japanese designs were such good performers might be a shock but too bad

even their "interceptors" had turn fighting ability

be thankfull that the "SHINDEN" isnt coming to FB

we are getting the "RAIDEN" tho hopefully , it had even better performance than the Hayate

JG26Red
01-23-2004, 12:37 PM
I can never fathom why somebody would want to fly a japanese plane, especially if your from USA... uggghh...

Shinden is pretty interesting, would give the D0335 a good fight, but i think the Doriner would still come out on top...

faustnik
01-23-2004, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WUAF_Badsight:
when historical accounts mention "maneuervability" they are not meaning tight turning
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The RAF report I mention had a specific reference to "turning circle". It stated there was "not much to choose" between the P-51B and 190A turning circle.

www.7Jg77.com (http://www.7jg77.com)

WUAF_Badsight
01-23-2004, 11:12 PM
I can never fathom why somebody would want to fly a japanese plane, especially if your from USA... uggghh...

Shinden is pretty interesting, would give the D0335 a good fight, but i think the Doriner would still come out on top...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simply put .... the JAF were best prepared for turning fights when WW2 started

flying the best turn fighters of the day

& at the end of WW2 appeared the D0335 & Shinden prototype

seeing as the Shinden would have been just about as fast the the Dornier but with way superior maneuervability i think the Do335 would have been the Shindens play toy

BerkshireHunt
01-24-2004, 07:07 AM
"Oleg, is the data in the Objects viewer correct?"

Taken from the object viewer:

Bf109F4 (1941)
Engine: Daimler Benz DB601E
Power:
Indicated 2390HP
Take off 3120HP

So I'd say it's about as reliable as The Hitler Diaries.

Maple_Tiger
01-24-2004, 12:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BerkshireHunt:
"Oleg, is the data in the Objects viewer correct?"

Taken from the object viewer:

Bf109F4 (1941)
Engine: Daimler Benz DB601E
Power:
Indicated 2390HP
Take off 3120HP

So I'd say it's about as reliable as The Hitler Diaries.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lmao, lol.

I was board today and wanted to see if there was actualy a russion plane that could not reach its top speed. Well i found one. But if i say what it is then it might be corrected http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ill give you a hint. Its Max speed at 5km altitude is 672-700kmh TAS. I managed 667kmh TAS. Nice to know there is one russion plane that cant reach its max speed at altitude.

Gunner_361st
01-24-2004, 03:10 PM
Comrades! We all know Forgotten Battles is not perfect! But it is very very good! and it is very fun! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and...

I exclusively fly all FB aircraft.

WUAF_Co_Hero
01-26-2004, 01:11 PM
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just what does your being from USA have to do with what you'd want to fly in FB? It's not like the Ki and A6M are contaminated with communist ideals... it's a ******* machine. That's like saying people who fly 109's in FB better be German, or they're supporting Nazism..

Give me a break.

Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day...

Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.