PDA

View Full Version : Game Is way unbalanced

Darkfire5858
02-15-2017, 06:29 AM
Within the first day of me playing with the new characters and the previous ones from the beta. I thought they would have balanced out the characters, but oh god was I wrong. Vikings can carry you across the map and stun you and there is nothing you can do about it, the fat samari can heal and take down half of the opponents health if he hits you with that move, on top of that the lawbringer is completely useless can all of their non-blockable attacks can be easily dodged or cancelled. For the viking and the fat samari, the non-bloackable attacks can be constantly spammed until the other person is dead or runs out of stamina, they usually have enough stamina to kill you though. I haven't found any issue with the warden or the other knight yet, but I'm pretty sure that they can do something that is either super useless or way to overpowered.

Baddoso
02-15-2017, 07:19 AM
I dont had one Problem fighting Orochi i had great fights against him with The Warden !
Now the Orochi can simply Dash aside strike and give a unblockable doublehit Combo to the head !
2times that way and im dead!
Peacekeeper Orochi and Berserker Do stupid and Ridiculous Damage with light and heavy Attacks!
Allmost 2or3 Hits and 90% oft my health is gone!

zerkeros
02-15-2017, 10:31 AM
Every Hero has strengths and weaknesses. It doesn't mean that EVERY Hero can counter the other as easily as another one would.
At the end of the day, it's practice that will make you good. Shugeki (or whatever he's called) is obviously super strong (I mean, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT THING!!!) but he's super *freagin'* slow.
You just need to learn the movesets and tricks of the other Heroes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
-Sun Tzu, Art Of War

Knight_Raime
02-15-2017, 11:36 AM
only 2 heros I see in desperate need of help atm is Valk and raider. lawbringer is gross from some play i've seen (this includes people in the top bracket and average players)
and I don't see a single problem with shugoki. he's slow as hell. he's probably the most punishable guy of all warriors. if he's managing to grab you then you clearly need better reaction times.

chateae
02-18-2017, 09:18 AM
If you allow Shugoki to grab you for instant kill (meaning he's at low health), then you're just careless cuz you think he's about to die and got caught off guard. That grab is super slow (it takes over a second wind up) and the animation is very obvious to boot.

Lawbringer is actually very good under the right hand. His playstyle focuses on draining opponent's stamina and punishing them.

It is difficult to balance the game for all skill level, and if Ubisoft is going to bring this game into esport, then they'll balance the game for the top-tier players, not mid-low tier. And from reading about your "imba", you fall into the latter category. So we'll see whether Ubi will balance the game for top tier players, or other skill levels.

Valk is by far the weakest class right now, she has very little damage, and her punishes are lackluster.

nestharus
02-18-2017, 09:46 AM
If you allow Shugoki to grab you for instant kill (meaning he's at low health), then you're just careless cuz you think he's about to die and got caught off guard. That grab is super slow (it takes over a second wind up) and the animation is very obvious to boot.

Yes, but a single bump into a wall when the Shugoki is at low health is game over.

CptKyle8
02-18-2017, 10:03 AM
I play as the Orochi, I fought a Sumo guy, I won every game 5 games in a row, but then... he found a cheese. The backbreaking move is a 1 HIT KILL. I never won again. There was no fight. Plz fix?

Fordol
02-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Within the first day of me playing with the new characters and the previous ones from the beta. I thought they would have balanced out the characters, but oh god was I wrong. Vikings can carry you across the map and stun you and there is nothing you can do about it, the fat samari can heal and take down half of the opponents health if he hits you with that move, on top of that the lawbringer is completely useless can all of their non-blockable attacks can be easily dodged or cancelled. For the viking and the fat samari, the non-bloackable attacks can be constantly spammed until the other person is dead or runs out of stamina, they usually have enough stamina to kill you though. I haven't found any issue with the warden or the other knight yet, but I'm pretty sure that they can do something that is either super useless or way to overpowered.

Learn

Yes, but a single bump into a wall when the Shugoki is at low health is game over.

To

I play as the Orochi, I fought a Sumo guy, I won every game 5 games in a row, but then... he found a cheese. The backbreaking move is a 1 HIT KILL. I never won again. There was no fight. Plz fix?

Dodge

kajbjo
02-18-2017, 12:28 PM

The backbreaking move that makes him heal up is super hard to land on people that are paying attention. It's super slow and has a short reach. I play him all the time and it's a hard move to land so it's definitely not OP. I have had players that fall for it most of the time and players that never fall for it..

Kensei-1986
02-18-2017, 02:16 PM
I agree with the viking ...carry thing

Stankyfoot
02-18-2017, 02:49 PM
Its balance isn't perfect but to say that its WAY unbalanced is demonstrably false. You want to see unbalanced? Dark Souls had the Brandon Build where you could literally take a new player and give them a 70%+ win rate on invasions against all but the most experienced players. There is NO WAY that you can take a new player in For Honor, give him an Orochi and expect him to take on a prestige lawbringer or a similar lower tier class.

highgate128
02-18-2017, 04:58 PM
I dont had one Problem fighting Orochi i had great fights against him with The Warden !
Now the Orochi can simply Dash aside strike and give a unblockable doublehit Combo to the head !
2times that way and im dead!
Peacekeeper Orochi and Berserker Do stupid and Ridiculous Damage with light and heavy Attacks!
Allmost 2or3 Hits and 90% oft my health is gone!

Those assassin players smh. I give them credit for mastering the dodge but my god is it broking when mastered because all they have to do is wait for you to attack and you will never land a hit. But when the guy mentioned the Shogoki know that using shogoki is a high risk character. If he tries to grab you and you dodge it hell be in serious trouble. He loses health when he misses and he'll be open for a sec to hit. Shogoki is broken to me you just have to be careful with him

CptKyle8
02-18-2017, 06:42 PM
The backbreaking move that makes him heal up is super hard to land on people that are paying attention. It's super slow and has a short reach. I play him all the time and it's a hard move to land so it's definitely not OP. I have had players that fall for it most of the time and players that never fall for it..

I have used the sumo in 1v1s against my brother to test him out, he isn't hard to use, in fact he is in the easy mode section. Doesn't mean the class takes no skill, but the move is not that hard to use, even if it was, no move should be a one hit kill, come on. After the game I 1v1ed my brother and broke his back, instakilling him several times. Nobishi an survive, but Orochi and Peacekeeper die with no chance to fight.

CptKyle8
02-18-2017, 06:45 PM
Learn

To

Dodge

Sumo= Grab + baseball bat and Backcrack spam. You can't dodge grabs you have to counter it with perfect timing. Tbh I'm really bad at timing the counter grab because of the short window and it's hard to reach the X button fast enough on my Xbox controller.

Arbiter UK
02-18-2017, 09:54 PM
i hate the Back break move, total Cheap, I kicked the guys arse, went in the kill, next thing I know i'm dead as he broke my bleedin back, I was at full health too, messaged the bloke an was like well that was total bollocks and he agreed, also hate the Shukogi's Club, had a few twats hit me and because you fly backwards, I've gone off the edge, total cheap *** move an all

CptKyle8
02-18-2017, 10:53 PM
i hate the Back break move, total Cheap, I kicked the guys arse, went in the kill, next thing I know i'm dead as he broke my bleedin back, I was at full health too, messaged the bloke an was like well that was total bollocks and he agreed, also hate the Shukogi's Club, had a few twats hit me and because you fly backwards, I've gone off the edge, total cheap *** move an all

I did some testing and found out its their gear. People of high level have The gear to do more damage with the back break. So if u run into a sumo who is higher than level 15 or so then they can probably 1 hit kill U if you've are light class speed character.

Ryumanjisen
02-18-2017, 10:57 PM

I have some problems dodging it, seems to have A LOT of tracking. Do you have to dodge when he's about to grab you, or as soon as you see him start the animation of the move?