PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Destroy the Game

Masked_Yurei
02-15-2017, 05:45 AM
Well, ignoring that this game completely caters to gankers. Ignoring that there is no proper way to counter guard breaks, allowing them to be spammed because the counter window is so small. Ignoring there is no punishment for attack spam, because players have massive amounts of stamina. Ignoring that there is no cooldown for any classes special attacks, so every class can be overpowered if a player abuses their unique abilities. Assassins, specifically, ruin this game.

They run faster, and so players can run away forever to avoid one on one fights, or to escape when they are at low health. And this kind of horrid cowardice is common in experienced players who use assassins. Most experienced assassin players, will run from one versus one; or run when they are low health. And they will never, ever stop until they find help to gank you or get to heal at a base.

They can chain attacks endlessly, a lot of classes in the game have this ability which allows them to unfairly spam attacks together; but assassins specifically just have faster attacks and smoother combos. Unlike the average class, which all can shut players down if their user spams attacks or guardbreaks because there is no proper counter against it or punishment for using it, the assassin classes can do this naturally without even any intentions being applied.

And best of all, they have dodging. Assassins can dodge back and forth large distances to avoid attacks and get out of attack range, then rush in for rapid and sudden hits which are extremely difficult to account for. Side stepping specifically makes assassins impossible to kill. Any class in the game can side step to avoid an attack, and chain their sidestep into an attack that is impossible for their opponent to block in time. Literally, the game will not allow players to block sidestep attacks because it is so fast when used as a player attacks.

Bad developers. Seriously, these issues existed in the closed alpha. And I then also posted a long thread examining them all and pointing out these problems. Nothing was changed, even though the Orochi has been blatantly overpowered since the closed alpha. It still is, nothing was changed, this is pathetic that I saw meta like this being exploited on day one. Day one, less then five hours after the game was released I encountered a Kensei I could not kill because everytime I attacked he sidestepped and instantly hit me. Because side steps require no effort, are rarely punished by horizontal attacks, and few characters even have horizontal attacks.

Have not even bothered to play the story mode, because the exposition in the beginning missions was basically zero and gave me no incentive or intrigue to play further. But the fact that the multiplayer is the flagship of this game, and it has absolutely zero balance; is unbelievable. Star War Battlefront and the Souls games have more PvP balance then this.

Bad game, no balance, everything is overpowered in the hands of an abusive player.

rcwd
02-15-2017, 05:50 AM
Well, ignoring that this game completely caters to gankers. Ignoring that there is no proper way to counter guard breaks, allowing them to be spammed because the counter window is so small. Ignoring there is no punishment for attack spam, because players have massive amounts of stamina. Ignoring that there is no cooldown for any classes special attacks, so every class can be overpowered if a player abuses their unique abilities. Assassins, specifically, ruin this game.

They run faster, and so players can run away forever to avoid one on one fights, or to escape when they are at low health. And this kind of horrid cowardice is common in experienced players who use assassins. Most experienced assassin players, will run from one versus one; or run when they are low health. And they will never, ever stop until they find help to gank you or get to heal at a base.

They can chain attacks endlessly, a lot of classes in the game have this ability which allows them to unfairly spam attacks together; but assassins specifically just have faster attacks and smoother combos. Unlike the average class, which all can shut players down if their user spams attacks or guardbreaks because there is no proper counter against it or punishment for using it, the assassin classes can do this naturally without even any intentions being applied.

And best of all, they have dodging. Assassins can dodge back and forth large distances to avoid attacks and get out of attack range, then rush in for rapid and sudden hits which are extremely difficult to account for. Side stepping specifically makes assassins impossible to kill. Any class in the game can side step to avoid an attack, and chain their sidestep into an attack that is impossible for their opponent to block in time. Literally, the game will not allow players to block sidestep attacks because it is so fast when used as a player attacks.

Bad developers. Seriously, these issues existed in the closed alpha. And I then also posted a long thread examining them all and pointing out these problems. Nothing was changed, even though the Orochi has been blatantly overpowered since the closed alpha. It still is, nothing was changed, this is pathetic that I saw meta like this being exploited on day one. Day one, less then five hours after the game was released I encountered a Kensei I could not kill because everytime I attacked he sidestepped and instantly hit me. Because side steps require no effort, are rarely punished by horizontal attacks, and few characters even have horizontal attacks.

Have not even bothered to play the story mode, because the exposition in the beginning missions was basically zero and gave me no incentive or intrigue to play further. But the fact that the multiplayer is the flagship of this game, and it has absolutely zero balance; is unbelievable. Star War Battlefront and the Souls games have more PvP balance then this.

Bad game, no balance, everything is overpowered in the hands of an abusive player.

So is it assassins or dashing that triggers you? you say assassins ruin the game but you ***** about a kensei

Masked_Yurei
02-15-2017, 05:52 AM
So is it assassins or dashing that triggers you? you say assassins ruin the game but you ***** about a kensei

Apparently you have difficulty reading, as I make points towards assassin specific and all class specific abusive features.

VinDieseII69
02-15-2017, 06:21 AM
yet another idiot who cries like a p***** girl..seriously, every ****ing game i play there is always that one..on bf1..people complaining about the snipers being op..nerf the martin rifle, nerf this..now i came to this game and guess what i find? another moron complaining about the assassins for being too quick..i bet you are one of those people who complain about everything in life..if things dont go the way you want, you will start complaining because you can't man up and deal with it..you should just flatter away from your non existing life

Deus-Vultt
02-15-2017, 06:24 AM
yet another idiot who cries like a p***** girl..seriously, every ****ing game i play there is always that one..on bf1..people complaining about the snipers being op..nerf the martin rifle, nerf this..now i came to this game and guess what i find? another moron complaining about the assassins for being too quick..i bet you are one of those people who complain about everything in life..if things dont go the way you want, you will start complaining because you can't man up and deal with it..you should just flatter away from your non existing life

The problem is the assassins are faster AND their attacks deal outrageous damage compared to big guys

2 lights from an oroshi is INSANELY easy to get off yet a big guy like Lawbringer you'd have to be mentally ******ed and afk taking a **** to get hit by his attacks.

yet the oroshis 2 lights deal the equiv of 2 heavies

Zemus-
02-15-2017, 06:27 AM
Load a custom game, lvl 3 bot Assassin and practice Defense for an hour. Then you will almost never have a problem fighting one and it becomes a game of tactics and not rage because you don't understand the mechanics.

Fighting the assassin classes are not hard its just adapting to the speed which takes PRACTICE. If you have been here since Alpha and are still complaining about this I have my doubts you are even telling the truth because if I can sit down and practice on bots for an hour and gain sense of the Assassin classes speeds and moves and have no real issue blocking or parrying you should be able to as well.

Endless chains can be stopped so easily and countered with practice. If he runs? let him, You go buff too, If you are forcing him to run away he is clearly afraid of you don't let him bait you into a trap go help your team instead and force the coward into an outnumbered scenario

Dodging goes both ways no matter what class you are. I don't have any issues dodging with my Zerker or Lawbringer, this is a skill issue.

Why are you letting a Kensei sidestep you? make him come to you if you can't figure out his counter FORCE HIM to change tactics, all you did was fall for his skill level instead of forcing him to change.

All I see here is a salty player who needs practice and I am not trying to be mean, some people are not cut out for fighting games which this is and Parry, Deflect, Guardbreak, Block, Dodge are MORE IMPORTANT than attacking and always will be, if you keep pushing the attack and die all the time its not the game its you refusing to learn from your mistakes and blaming everyone else but yourself.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-15-2017, 06:28 AM
The irony is pretty stong considering your avatar is a fast assassin wearing the insanity mask from Dark Souls 2...

Troll?

SerArthur-Dayne
02-15-2017, 06:31 AM
The irony is pretty stong considering your avatar is a fast assassin wearing the insanity mask from Dark Souls 2...

Troll?

Deus-Vultt
02-15-2017, 06:34 AM

Troll?

Orochi/PK main detected

Zemus-
02-15-2017, 06:36 AM
The problem is the assassins are faster AND their attacks deal outrageous damage compared to big guys

And in return they have very little HP. Break them and they go down almost instantly. its the entire point of the class. High Dmg, Fast Speed, No Life, Keep distance. I have no issues fighting them on my Lawbringer all day, this s a skill issue, Once you learn to dodge and parry it doesn't matter how fast they are, the second you close in its essentially over. Too many of you guys PANIC when you see an assassin class and its why you die and with practice that goes away

Deus-Vultt
02-15-2017, 06:38 AM
And in return they have very little HP. Break them and they go down almost instantly. its the entire point of the class. High Dmg, Fast Speed, No Life, Keep distance. I have no issues fighting them on my Lawbringer all day, this s a skill issue, Once you learn to dodge and parry it doesn't matter how fast they are, the second you close in its essentially over. Too many of you guys PANIC when you see an assassin class and its why you die and with practice that goes away

lmao no not even close, please play the game kiddo. 80% of the people in 1v1 matches are orochi why? mmmmmmmm i wonder.

Zemus-
02-15-2017, 06:53 AM
lmao no not even close, please play the game kiddo. 80% of the people in 1v1 matches are orochi why? mmmmmmmm i wonder.

I do play, the difference is I practice Defense over Attack, I can Parry, I can Dodge, I can GB

I can fight them with little issue, does that mean I win 100% of the time? no but with my 75% win rate today dueling most of that time I am comfortable . So I invite all the low skill no tactics players to play them all they like. Easy kills for me because all they know how to do is spam the same combo over and over again

Toast_Addict
02-15-2017, 06:58 AM
"Souls games have more PvP balance then this."

LMAO, thanks for this comedic gold. 10/10

love that series pvp btw but seriously, think about what you just typed./

Toast_Addict
02-15-2017, 07:01 AM

you were complaining about lawbringer here and in another thread. You realize you can just block ONE attack and break their combos right? even easier than other classes needing to parry.

rcwd
02-15-2017, 07:21 AM

2 lights from an oroshi is INSANELY easy to get off yet a big guy like Lawbringer you'd have to be mentally ******ed and afk taking a **** to get hit by his attacks.

yet the oroshis 2 lights deal the equiv of 2 heavies

"their attacks deal outrageous damage" yeah man that damage is so outrageous compared to the other classes that can 2-4 hit a pk or oroshi.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-15-2017, 08:16 AM

Troll?

Baddoso
02-15-2017, 08:24 AM

Everything he is telling in this thread is 100% THE TRUTH!
sure everyone who plays the OP chars gonna say something like go practice!
I agree All the mentioned issues are 100%!!!
Its my Promise
I will never ever go buy an Ubisoft game again!
This was last time

Brave_Thunder
02-15-2017, 08:34 AM
I have flashbacks about the snipers in bf1 lol...why people want that everyone plays like they want?Do you want to use a slow,heavy hit character?Free to do so.But learn how to dodge and parry,because I will use a fast hero that respond to my inputs.A conq combo deals half of the life of a Pk, a Pk grab and dash heavy?Barely 2 bars of life. Any side Step attack can be blocked or parryed,but only if you take the time and understand how this is done.Kensei attacks always from the opposite direction of his dash,while pk's always from the same direction.Orochi light hits dealing damage like Lawbringer heavys?Get good rather than get salty.

tacticsofficer
02-15-2017, 08:50 AM
Excellent points, and exactly right. I tried to teach my brother the game and he wondered why I was pretty much drilling him on blocking, thinking I'm expecting a lot out of him to be really good at blocking your opponents. Yet the reason is as you say, to ensure when you go against an actual player or bot you know how to both block and then bring in the attack. Those who can master this combination can easily get by their opponents defenses. Even more so those who master their movesets and learn how to use them on their opponents can serious destroy in game.

Take Valkyrie for example, I went in to do a practice against a bot, I set it at level 3, being the first time I've played the game since the recent beta I thought I was fairly skilled, only to find the Valkyrie was a master of defense and constantly using it's moveset. I died several times before catching on to it's moves and when to dodge and block to hit it back to get some good executions.

Ubisoft, while having it's faults, is very good at authenticity. In this game, they set it on making sure combat was as authentic as possible, and they certainly did it. Knights classes may have slower movements, but take Lawbreaker for example, even using Peacekeepers speed, which is nearly unrivaled (ironically being in the Knight class), if the Lawbreaker blocks me he can combo it to push me back or even onto the ground where he can use his axe to deal some good damage or kill me, which I've had happen a couple times. Just because a class is slower does not mean at all they can't attack or beat their opponent down if they're faster. Speed gives the assassin's an edge on light attacks, however, this means it's much much easier to block. As long as your paying attention you can block and chain assassin's attacks in order to get openings, which is honestly what scares me when I fight the guy with the shield as every time I go for an attack I'll get maybe 1-2 slashes in before the block comes and if I don't dodge I'm going to take some damage, sometimes I don't even get one hit due to the guys serious defensive abilities.

Point is to guys who want to whine about the difficulties of this game, it's going to be difficult, that's the entire point. If it was easy it probably may not be realistic. There are plenty of other fighting games out there that will probably be more your style if you want easy. This games about skill, strategy, knowing your opponent and knowing what your class can do. Sometimes it's about patience in a fight, and dragging it out isn't a bad thing. Score some hits and back off, wait for your opponent then smash in that final blow and move on to the next one.

I've got the highest kill count in nearly every single multiplayer event I've done so I know what I'm talking about. This comes just by mastering your own unit and knowing a bit about how your opponents work. I practiced the movesets of every single one of the classes to know how they work, and now I can use them as well as my main. Practice first, you new guys will get it down. Expect to die a few times before you get to be really good at this game.

feuerundblut
02-15-2017, 08:50 AM
Do I get a reward if I destroy the game? Cause I main peacekeeper. Just curious.

tacticsofficer
02-15-2017, 08:56 AM
man I kill Orochi's easily, once you start hitting them they can go down pretty quick. Orochi's are actually some of my easier opponents depending on the skill of the user. Those who are really good at Orochi have given me a run for my money getting some close matches, but generally it's easy to sneak into their defense and deal some good damage. Knock them down and you can use a couple classes abilities to hit them on the ground and execute them.

I do enjoy speed, but that's not at all to say these big guys don't have their own good abilities. Lawbringers, Conquerors, Berserkers, they can still kill me pretty well if they know what they're doing, and they have more then once.

tacticsofficer
02-15-2017, 08:57 AM
Not sure what you mean by destroy the game, but yeah Peacekeeper does awesome, he seems to be the best for execution kills out of the people I've seen. His quick dodge movements combined with a heavy attack makes for easy last hits as well as pushing people off ledges :P