PDA

View Full Version : What even is the Valkyrie?

Darkrynblade
02-15-2017, 03:38 AM
After trying to play the Valkyrie first tonight, I can easily say that this is the most disappointing class of the entire roster. I feel as if I have wasted my steel just by recruiting her.

It feels like nothing works for this class.
Her range is nowhere near what you would expect it to be with a spear. Consistently while practicing I found the warlord able to outrange her, and the actual hitbox feels to be the pole behind the spear head, and not the spear head itself.
Her damage is incredibly low. Successful attacks are not only difficult to land due to the large sluggish startup, but they barely reward you when they land.
She excels in backing up and knocking people away, but with the range where it is, she can't follow up with anything to do damage. She just slugs around and by the time you can get in, get through an attack startup, and have an active hitbox, they have already recovered, leaving you no opportunity to capitalize upon your successful shield bash or spear trip. Why bother when conqueror can do this job FAR better and be capable of dealing and taking damage in the process?
She has a tiny health pool
Like has been said, her guarding dodge has a bizarre timing and fails consistently, with the only reward being a bleed on a heavy follow up. Multiple assassins have their deflects that are easier to land and are far more rewarding as well.

What this class attempts to add, along with her visual style, I absolutely love. But this has such a terrible execution and gives players zero incentive to play her. I have heard in previous alphas she was much more in line with the currently viable roster if not somewhat too fast, but it beats me how she could have been so completely liquefied from that state.
Is there zero internal testing before these classes go out?

Drekle
02-15-2017, 03:42 AM
I am prestige 1 on valk now. yeah she sucks...

Red_Devilfish
02-15-2017, 03:43 AM
The Valkyrie is basicly a control character (stun, harass). She is definitely undertuned damage/speed wise rigth now