PDA

View Full Version : A few Ju87 Stuka questions.

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 12:35 PM
I was just wondering whether the glider towing installation is available for the B & R (long range B2) Stukas in this fantastic simulation? I'm looking at a picture of a Ju87R-2 towing a DFS230 glider right now. Understand they were very good at it. The Ju87D-2 was specifically designated for this role. The Ju87D-1 & D-2, were essentially the same as the D-3, but with the undercarriage off the earlier B series, Had less bombload capacity than the D-3. While I'm here, may I ask about the WB81 "watering can" with the three MG81Z's? Can they be fitted to all three weapons mounts on the Stuka? Does the FuG25 IFF radio and Peil G.IV direction finder installations give the Stuka's any advantages over other aircraft, or is this outside the scope of this game? Also, any chance of the Ju87D-4 (or E) with the torpedo mount? Yeah, I know they didn't see combat, but I like my Stukas. Finally, will the Ju87D-7 ever be available? Basically a re-engined (Jumbo 211P) D-3, no dive brakes or siren, flame dampeners, exhaust mods and better radio gear. Used for night "Storkampftstaffeln" harrasment operations, late in the war. Forget about the D-5, D-8 and G-2, their wings are too long and the 20mm cannons on these D's will tempt me to stay longer in the target area then is absolutely necessary.

Thanks, much appreciated and sorry to be a bother.

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 12:35 PM
I was just wondering whether the glider towing installation is available for the B & R (long range B2) Stukas in this fantastic simulation? I'm looking at a picture of a Ju87R-2 towing a DFS230 glider right now. Understand they were very good at it. The Ju87D-2 was specifically designated for this role. The Ju87D-1 & D-2, were essentially the same as the D-3, but with the undercarriage off the earlier B series, Had less bombload capacity than the D-3. While I'm here, may I ask about the WB81 "watering can" with the three MG81Z's? Can they be fitted to all three weapons mounts on the Stuka? Does the FuG25 IFF radio and Peil G.IV direction finder installations give the Stuka's any advantages over other aircraft, or is this outside the scope of this game? Also, any chance of the Ju87D-4 (or E) with the torpedo mount? Yeah, I know they didn't see combat, but I like my Stukas. Finally, will the Ju87D-7 ever be available? Basically a re-engined (Jumbo 211P) D-3, no dive brakes or siren, flame dampeners, exhaust mods and better radio gear. Used for night "Storkampftstaffeln" harrasment operations, late in the war. Forget about the D-5, D-8 and G-2, their wings are too long and the 20mm cannons on these D's will tempt me to stay longer in the target area then is absolutely necessary.

Thanks, much appreciated and sorry to be a bother.

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 12:38 PM
Don't say "Forget D-5, D-8 and G-2".. I would love to get D-5s, and actually make Stuka more effective killing some ground targets /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Official Sig:

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/shots/Vipez4.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Very observant Vipez. I didn't include the D-5 or the D-8 and G-2 for that matter, because of their extended wingtips. (49' 2" instead of 45' 3 1/4") Would probably be harder to make changes to resizing the existing D-3 or G-1. Agree with you though, they were the better Stuka's for ground attack and those 20mm guns in the wings on the D series were useful. No sirens, were deleted off the latter D-3 production. The only other ones that I think I've missed, were the Ju87C carrier version (folding wings) and the Ju87H trainer, which may have been rigged up for combat in the last days of the war. Check out the wing pods they planned to put on the D-3 for agent dropping and supply flights. Real ugly.