PDA

View Full Version : What the heck did they do?!?! This game WAS awesome

CuD_
02-15-2017, 03:31 AM
What changed between Closed/Open beta and now?

The game was great and fun and the combat was precise, now it just feels like an unresponsive crapfest with the new chars just tossing people around while they get beat up. Its stupid, and its not just the new chars, dodging feels different, blocking feels different, changing guard is slower and now gets stuck in one direction for a split second, whereas before I could switch back and forth very quickly.

I have heroes pulling off moves that they didnt do before, and arent documented in the movelist(example, Nobushi now does this weird backoff move after a parry sometimes when I am trying to follow a parry with a light strike... and I have NO CLUE how I am doing it, and would like to NOT DO IT AT ALL)

The game was really very good in Closed and Open beta, but they broke some stuff.... but I cannot put my finger on exactly what.

Add to that the timing required for precise combat changes in EVERY match based on whether your host has a crappy machine and connection or not, and I am now getting worried about the future of this game. And man, I was HYPED... now I am just disappointed and concerned....

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 03:36 AM
same. For some reasons things changed. People are saying they didn't give us the ACTUAL build in the betas which defeats play testing or they changed things without letting the community know like the PK bleed nerf in the OB. They told us about that, but people have been having issues with Guard Break timing and counter GB timing as well as hero play. My main hero is nearly unplayable to the point I can't play how I used to. I have to strive to be different because the tactic I used in betas isn't working.

Darkrynblade
02-15-2017, 03:47 AM
I've had similar issues. The guardbreak counter window was changed to be earlier, and now due to the latency problems of the peer to peer connection it is actually impossible to hit the proper window, and I found the only time I could land it was before the guardbreak actually connected to me. This leading to enviros, PK bleeds, and Shugoki golf swings running rampant and unchecked, DESTROYING the precise gameplay prior in beta.
In general, it feels as if latency is much worse.

I managed to find one page describing the patch notes for the changes from release and open beta. In it, it barely describes what changes were made, using increasingly vague language like "improved animations" and "hero combo fixes" that can mean literally anything. Some real hard numbers, descriptions, and clarification on an easy to access OFFICIAL page would be far superior to fishing across different game journalism sites.

On top of all of this, there are outlying characters like Valkyrie that are simply liquefied and have no viability in combat.

Way to go Ubisoft, you suckered allot of people. This isn't how a fighting game should be handled.

CuD_
02-15-2017, 03:50 AM
I am hoping this is a temporary screwup, because I got to experience the game when precision and responsiveness was good, so I know it is possible.

But I have to wonder what this is like for people trying it for the first time, for me it is frustrating as hell because I have a point of reference.... but for new folks this might just look like a hack and slash which ATTEMPTED precision and FAILED HORRIBLY.

I have been waiting for a game like this for a long damn time, and was endlessly impressed at the depth of combat during the betas... but now I am just sad... this is not the game I played a few days ago... they broke something.

I hope whatever it is can be fixed soon, anyone that didnt get a chance to play in beta has no idea the difference in gameplay and skill cap based fighting. It was seriously blood pumping awesome, every victory and loss felt good, and I KNEW my mistakes if I lost, etc. Now its just like some RNG bullcrap is what it feels like, and its just flat out wrong.

AshSparkle
02-15-2017, 04:33 AM
Yup, felt the same way, things just feels a bit off. Blocks seems to be slower etc. No idea what's up.

But a clarification on

have heroes pulling off moves that they didnt do before, and arent documented in the movelist(example, Nobushi now does this weird backoff move after a parry sometimes when I am trying to follow a parry with a light strike

It's called recoil recovery in the moveset. When you press space (on pc) after you parry, Nobushi will jump backwards and be ready to attack again, instead of being "stunned" a short while after you do a parry.

During beta, it felt like it was not consistent, doing that recoil recovery. But in the full game, it seems like it's easier to pull it off accidentally, which is, as you said, annoying some times.

cha_cha_cha-2.0
02-15-2017, 04:54 AM
They have broken my conq. It s useless now, and it was weak already against good pk/warden/nobushi players. In addition, the new chars, valk and lawbringer, are so far behind it feels like playing a minion. Wtf have you donde to the game??

CuD_
02-15-2017, 04:58 AM
Yup, felt the same way, things just feels a bit off. Blocks seems to be slower etc. No idea what's up.

But a clarification on

It's called recoil recovery in the moveset. When you press space (on pc) after you parry, Nobushi will jump backwards and be ready to attack again, instead of being "stunned" a short while after you do a parry.

During beta, it felt like it was not consistent, doing that recoil recovery. But in the full game, it seems like it's easier to pull it off accidentally, which is, as you said, annoying some times.

No, this is different. I actually use the move you are talking about, and it follows a block. Very useful. This one is weird, and you might need to go into How to Play and duel a lvl 1 or 2 bot to see it.

Just go in and parry all attacks and try to follow them up with a light strike and she will eventually do it(like I said, I am not sure what triggers it, but it only happens when I light attack after)

I am not touching dodge at all, this is something new. You will know when it happens as she will do this weird staff flourish and move back. It is not the dodge, as I came nowhere near my spacebar, only light attacks.

It might be due to changing guard in between? not sure, and it also only seems to happen when I parry a side attack, so I dunno... its just weird, and new. And I spent HOURS practicing parries, dodging and strikes in beta and it never happened once. I just went in again to try and figure out how the timing changed, to find out that all precision is gone and the hero does weird moves I cant seem to control.

Something is very off.

TucuReborn
02-15-2017, 05:05 AM
No, this is different. I actually use the move you are talking about, and it follows a block. Very useful. This one is weird, and you might need to go into How to Play and duel a lvl 1 or 2 bot to see it.

Just go in and parry all attacks and try to follow them up with a light strike and she will eventually do it(like I said, I am not sure what triggers it, but it only happens when I light attack after)

I am not touching dodge at all, this is something new. You will know when it happens as she will do this weird staff flourish and move back. It is not the dodge, as I came nowhere near my spacebar, only light attacks.

It might be due to changing guard in between? not sure, and it also only seems to happen when I parry a side attack, so I dunno... its just weird, and new. And I spent HOURS practicing parries, dodging and strikes in beta and it never happened once. I just went in again to try and figure out how the timing changed, to find out that all precision is gone and the hero does weird moves I cant seem to control.

Something is very off.

Pretty sure you're referring to Hidden Stance. On console controller it done by holding back on the right stick. It happens to also cancel light attacks, which is what you are describing.

It's used by Nobushi to dodge attacks, cancel attacks, and transition into attacks or kicks. It also hides your direction inputs while held.

CuD_
02-15-2017, 05:14 AM
Pretty sure you're referring to Hidden Stance. On console controller it done by holding back on the right stick. It happens to also cancel light attacks, which is what you are describing.

It's used by Nobushi to dodge attacks, cancel attacks, and transition into attacks or kicks. It also hides your direction inputs while held.

Nope, I am really good with hidden stance(not to brag) I spent hours practicing this also.

Have to press C to hidden stance, and I use it a lot as it is very powerful and any Nobushi not using it is gimping themselves.

This thing is new, and only happens after parries. I have no idea what it is, or what it is called. But if you go into the practice and just parry followed by light attack I am sure it will happen to you too.

If anyone manages to figure out how it works I would be immensely grateful, because that means I could avoid using it on accident since it is causing me to lose fights I should be winning.

I'll see if I can maybe get a vid cap of it happening, if you havent seen it you would immediately recognize it as something new.

TucuReborn
02-15-2017, 05:16 AM
Nope, I am really good with hidden stance(not to brag) I spent hours practicing this also.

Have to press C to hidden stance, and I use it a lot as it is very powerful and any Nobushi not using it is gimping themselves.

This thing is new, and only happens after parries. I have no idea what it is, or what it is called. But if you go into the practice and just parry followed by light attack I am sure it will happen to you too.

If anyone manages to figure out how it works I would be immensely grateful, because that means I could avoid using it on accident since it is causing me to lose fights I should be winning.

I'll see if I can maybe get a vid cap of it happening, if you havent seen it you would immediately recognize it as something new.

I haven't played Nobushi since the launch. Player her during beta and wrecked everyone. I wanted to try something new though.

Too bad everything is unresponsive and sluggish, so I might switch back and see if she holds steady.

CuD_
02-15-2017, 05:22 AM
I haven't played Nobushi since the launch. Player her during beta and wrecked everyone. I wanted to try something new though.

Too bad everything is unresponsive and sluggish, so I might switch back and see if she holds steady.

if you played her alot, please do a sanity check for me. As you would notice too(I played Nobushi a lot, as I find her fun and varied)

Go into How to Play, duel a level 1 or lvl 2 bot.

Just practice parry followed by light strike and let me know if you do the weird flourish I am talking about. And if you can figure out what triggers it I will love you forever, cause I cannot find any rhyme or reason to it.

Sometimes I follow the parry with a good light attack as expected, sometimes I move back and spin my staff around a few times and gain a good chunk of distance that I do not want... its really weird. And of course it has happened in duels/fights with other players too, but I tried in this controlled environment to figure out what I was doing wrong, and came to no good conclusions.

TucuReborn
02-15-2017, 05:24 AM
if you played her alot, please do a sanity check for me. As you would notice too(I played Nobushi a lot, as I find her fun and varied)

Just practice parry followed by light strike and let me know if you do the weird flourish I am talking about. And if you can figure out what triggers it I will love you forever, cause I cannot find any rhyme or reason to it.

Sometimes I follow the parry with a good light attack as expected, sometimes I move back and spin my staff around a few times and gain a good chunk of distance that I do not want... its really weird. And of course it has happened in duels/fights with other players too, but I tried in this controlled environment to figure out what I was doing wrong, and came to no good conclusions.

Will do. I use console controller on PC though, so my results may be inconclusive.

Arkaelov
02-15-2017, 05:25 AM
I'm honestly a bit mad I bought this game. The beta experience was entirely different from the final game. The blocking, parrying, and guard breaking all feel totally off from what they were. In addition to basically every match being a cheese match of Orochi spamming.

TucuReborn
02-15-2017, 05:41 AM

Been testing extensively(only parry and lights), and not only have I improved parry rate, but found that this does not happen to me.

My guess would be you are activating Swift Recoil either on accident or it is a glitch.

I also found out I can switch position mid parry with no transition penalty, so that's good to know.

Sorry, but I got nothing.

SpringReborn
02-15-2017, 06:01 AM
Oh. So im not imagining things. I also felt the game very different from both betas. But I thought it was just me because so happens that Im sick (a caught a terrible cold) so I tough that maybe it was the cold making me feel as if the game was different. I noticed this change primarily with the orochi. He was my main in both betas. On both i got him to reputation 2. However, on launch when I started playing with him he just felt odd. For example, his top light attack which also lands a guaranteed second hit seemed a bit slower than I remembered. Also the dodging felt weird as I sometimes got hit by attacks from certain characters that in the beta were guaranteed dodges. I also dodge parried a lot in the beta, i got quite good at it, but now It just seemed way harder to pull off, although (again) i thought it was the cold just making me play bad. I used to be very fast with him and I had everything perfectly timed during the beta, but now it all feels clunky and unresponsive. I wish they can fix whatever mistake they did.

AshSparkle
02-15-2017, 06:03 AM

Sometimes I follow the parry with a good light attack as expected, sometimes I move back and spin my staff around a few times and gain a good chunk of distance that I do not want...

Yup, like the poster above said, I'm convinced you did a swift recoil based on your description of the move. You step back a few steps while twirling your Naginata with the blade making circular motion.

Swift recoil isn't just a simple back step. E.g. https://youtu.be/w-vWjcFQcdA?t=1m46s The action in this video labelled "swift recoil" is just a normal back step, not swift recoil.

Edit: found a swift recoil video. https://youtu.be/ruvFapSCr2o?t=5m43s This at 5 min 43 s. That's the move you described, correct?

Vulgorn
02-15-2017, 06:06 AM
Using a controller on the PC version for me is exactly the same as it was in the betas. I haven't seen any of this unresponsiveness you guys are talking about.

poroto_lennon
02-15-2017, 06:11 AM
Connection problems are horrible, you can not play a single full game because of connection problems.

Something changed in the combat system at least in the berserker. I'm worried about the game since in the closed and open beta the game was very good, now I would ask them to give me back the money.

Leon026
02-15-2017, 08:37 AM
So it's not just me then. I'm finding blocking and dodging really unresponsive. I used to have very few issues with that during the beta, but I'm having much more trouble pulling them off at the moment.

Biocoast
02-15-2017, 08:46 AM
I think mainly all the issues OP described here are faulty cause of the screwed up counter-Guardbreak mechanic that is thanks to p2p impossible to time right... the coutner guardbreak was fine as it was, no idea why it was changed, its an abomination now.

No idea if they screwed with parry and deflect timers as well, since they seem to feel a bit clunkier too, but maybe thats just my impression.

m1y4gi
02-15-2017, 09:41 AM
I think mainly all the issues OP described here are faulty cause of the screwed up counter-Guardbreak mechanic that is thanks to p2p impossible to time right... the coutner guardbreak was fine as it was, no idea why it was changed, its an abomination now.

No idea if they screwed with parry and deflect timers as well, since they seem to feel a bit clunkier too, but maybe thats just my impression.

But even in the tutorial it's nearly not possible to counter-guardbreak. It feels broken anyway.

BEEENTY
02-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Connection problems are horrible, you can not play a single full game because of connection problems.

Something changed in the combat system at least in the berserker. I'm worried about the game since in the closed and open beta the game was very good, now I would ask them to give me back the money.

I totally agree with you. Every 2 minutes someone is leaving (without any penalties) or someone is kicked... You have that black screen coming up telling you to wait blablabla.

Also, I main Berserker, and there is something really different in the dodging! I can't dodge like I used to do on the Beta. Now I often get hit by the orochi or the kensei. Seems like the timing changed, and it's really bad now...

ashvau
02-15-2017, 10:00 AM
I agree something has changed drastically with block, GB, GB interupt- the pc gameplay is now clunky and now where near as fun as the betas

Jarnhand
02-15-2017, 10:02 AM
This is the reason Ubisoft need to start posting detailed patch notes ASAP, or this forum will turn into complete vomit!

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 10:06 AM
No sign on devs responding here too. I will literally bump this until one of them responds eventually !!! They are obviously on and responding throughout the day.....

LeapingPanda6
02-15-2017, 10:06 AM
What changed between Closed/Open beta and now?

The game was great and fun and the combat was precise, now it just feels like an unresponsive crapfest with the new chars just tossing people around while they get beat up. Its stupid, and its not just the new chars, dodging feels different, blocking feels different, changing guard is slower and now gets stuck in one direction for a split second, whereas before I could switch back and forth very quickly.

I have heroes pulling off moves that they didnt do before, and arent documented in the movelist(example, Nobushi now does this weird backoff move after a parry sometimes when I am trying to follow a parry with a light strike... and I have NO CLUE how I am doing it, and would like to NOT DO IT AT ALL)

The game was really very good in Closed and Open beta, but they broke some stuff.... but I cannot put my finger on exactly what.

Add to that the timing required for precise combat changes in EVERY match based on whether your host has a crappy machine and connection or not, and I am now getting worried about the future of this game. And man, I was HYPED... now I am just disappointed and concerned....

I think you and now I have learned the biggest lesson here, NEVER BUY A GAME WITHOUT A REVIEW, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TRUST THE DEVELOPERS. DO NOT BUY A GAME WITHOUT A REVIEW

Biocoast
02-15-2017, 10:08 AM
I think you and now I have learned the biggest lesson here, NEVER BUY A GAME WITHOUT A REVIEW, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TRUST THE DEVELOPERS. DO NOT BUY A GAME WITHOUT A REVIEW

Meh, reviews aren't really reliable either, often don't even mention any of the issues and too many times have i seen reviews that were ill informed.

Pain-Seeker
02-15-2017, 10:57 AM
I actualy think GB was changed so it suits not so advanced players . In beta i had problems with GB , i just didnt practice enough and my response was slower than it should be . But now that change has been made you literaly cant hit the button right away but a 0,5s-1s (not sure about the exact timing) after you see the icon so this gives ppl more time to counter it . But i also noticed changes to orochi when i first started the game and went to play with bots. At first i thought that orochi was nerfed and he was slowed down a bit , mostly on dodges and top light attk as mentioned in earlier reply. This could be also because of my incompetance but after storm rush players can now block my double top light attk , maybe i just click way too slow after it cuz sometimes it lands sometimes they block it . When it comes to parrys , deflects and blocking . I improved . It might be just me practicing it a little bit more but compared to open beta i do it a lot more frequently. But so does many more players . In open beta ive had lke 25h of gametime and ive only got 3-4 players who could parry pretty well others didnt even think about it but now that i got to prestige 1 almost each and everyone does it

Gyilkos91
02-15-2017, 11:00 AM
A company like Ubisoft should actually know, how to make patchnotes. This is just horrible. You just can't implement huge changes after an open beta, where people should be able to playtest your game and later know if they want to buy it. It is also bad that you don't respond to anything, after you screwed up a game so hard. And srsly Ubisoft, even new companies can write better patchnotes... there is kinda no information in yours.

I would give this game back asap and i won't buy any other title from Ubisoft, no matter what. Shame on you.

WarpTrav
02-15-2017, 11:08 AM
I havent been able to play yet, but if all you are saying is true... f*ck me... again I got robbed by ubi....

Knight_Raime
02-15-2017, 11:16 AM
None of the top players I watch have really noted anything being different except one of them possibly thinking the guard break tech window might be slightly different.
And there aren't any wide sweeping changes in the patch notes they've showed us either. Also considering the forums are a very small portion of the active community as a whole i'm going to lean on the fact that this isn't an actual problem. and people are simply blaming their losses/short comings on the game.

Might sound rude or short sighted of me. But i've yet to see anyone put forth any significant hard evidence to prove any of these claims true. So there is no logic in me giving these claims more validity over what i've currently seen/heard from people who actually know the game a great deal.

rcwd
02-15-2017, 11:19 AM
None of the top players I watch have really noted anything being different except one of them possibly thinking the guard break tech window might be slightly different.
And there aren't any wide sweeping changes in the patch notes they've showed us either. Also considering the forums are a very small portion of the active community as a whole i'm going to lean on the fact that this isn't an actual problem. and people are simply blaming their losses/short comings on the game.

Might sound rude or short sighted of me. But i've yet to see anyone put forth any significant hard evidence to prove any of these claims true. So there is no logic in me giving these claims more validity over what i've currently seen/heard from people who actually know the game a great deal.

Yeah we're just a hive mind that all blame the same thing on our loses. It's obvious that quite a bit has changed, if you played as much as some of us you'd be able to tell yourself.

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 11:24 AM

I can't prove anything because I have no patch notes, but I can tell you (and others too) is that I've played the Closed and Open beta and my gameplay and my win rates with my main has severely decreased to nothing almost. Now I know I'm not the best player out there, but in 2 days since OB closed I've gotten this bad? I can't give you footage and raw data and crunch numbers for ya, but take my word for it that I'm not just complaining cuz I'm losing. I'm complaining because a game that I could honestly say I lost some and won some has now just become I can't play anybody without getting rolled and therefore just leave the match than to put up with the crappiness.

Knight_Raime
02-15-2017, 11:58 AM
Yeah we're just a hive mind that all blame the same thing on our loses. It's obvious that quite a bit has changed, if you played as much as some of us you'd be able to tell yourself.

Hive mind would indicate you all agree. The only thing you all do is complain about something. but never the same way or why.
I won't have access to the game till the weekend. If the changes were as obvious as you claim it to be then there should be footage out their to prove it.
Or at the very least the streams/content i've seen should indicate it. But that's not happening.

Knight_Raime
02-15-2017, 12:00 PM
I can't prove anything because I have no patch notes, but I can tell you (and others too) is that I've played the Closed and Open beta and my gameplay and my win rates with my main has severely decreased to nothing almost. Now I know I'm not the best player out there, but in 2 days since OB closed I've gotten this bad? I can't give you footage and raw data and crunch numbers for ya, but take my word for it that I'm not just complaining cuz I'm losing. I'm complaining because a game that I could honestly say I lost some and won some has now just become I can't play anybody without getting rolled and therefore just leave the match than to put up with the crappiness.

My mind is open to the possibility that these changes has occured. and the reason it's not showing up in the content i'm seeing is because these are good players and they've already adapted. I still feel like they wouldve mentioned something. but still.
Regardless I am leaning on you guys being wrong. But my mind won't be "set" until i've gotten my hands on it this weekend. unless someone can prove these claims with footage or images ofc.

m1y4gi
02-15-2017, 12:08 PM

Well, i agree with you. But at least there is the problem for me, that i "feel it". I played a lot on open and closed beta phases. Everything works well. I know i am not the best player, but within the release it feels "different" in many ways. I cannot play the character as before. If i could follow you, it would be ok, then i know the reason ;) But no. I can't, simply because IT FEELS DIFFERENT.
After realizing, that something changed i swtiched to practice and searched for the problems on my side. But there aren't one. Practice did work fine. 1on1 works absolutely fine. But 4on4? No way...

I have the feeling, they changed something in the netcode without telling, to avoid network problems. At least this only hits those 4on4 rounds, where my blocks are always too late, where the dodge comes too late, where the guardbreak interrupt is impossible and every assassin feels like op.

Biocoast
02-15-2017, 12:15 PM
My mind is open to the possibility that these changes has occured. and the reason it's not showing up in the content i'm seeing is because these are good players and they've already adapted. I still feel like they wouldve mentioned something. but still.
Regardless I am leaning on you guys being wrong. But my mind won't be "set" until i've gotten my hands on it this weekend. unless someone can prove these claims with footage or images ofc.

Obviously you havent read all comments then, i mentioned earlier for example that the counter to guardbreak has been altered in general.

The way it worked was that one would guardbreak, and other could counter it by pressing it as soon as it happened. Now you have to wait for the GB to connect and maybe a frame or so till you must press it in a very short time fram in order to counter it. Because of this there is the issue that if both hit it at the same time, the GB often just rolls the dice and 1 person wins, other will get punished, not necessarily meaning the person that pressed first, maybe because of connection or whatever.

Try the advanced Tutorial and you will quickly see how hard it has become to counter a GB. The major issue is simply that GB comes with such powerful options, pushing people of cliffs and such, that it is far to unreliable to counter such easy mechanics that are so deadly. Should it be as it was in the beta? I personally think it was great, but for sure better than what it is now, i could live with the changes if they would atleast alter the timeframe of the GB, because such an easy mechanic with deadly outcome should not have to rely on that split second perfect timing to counter it.

GewaltSam
02-15-2017, 12:20 PM
Can't really say you are right. I'm a guy with feints, dodges, lots of parries, gb counters (hallelujah, I finally got the timing figured out!) and the full moveset of my hero I play ("OP" Berserker and Raider. Or are they? I don't know what I'm allowed to play these days without stepping on somebody's toes). You don't want to hear that, but you probably need to get good first. It's the chucking second day, man! No offense intended.

Knight_Raime
02-15-2017, 12:25 PM
Well, i agree with you. But at least there is the problem for me, that i "feel it". I played a lot on open and closed beta phases. Everything works well. I know i am not the best player, but within the release it feels "different" in many ways. I cannot play the character as before. If i could follow you, it would be ok, then i know the reason ;) But no. I can't, simply because IT FEELS DIFFERENT.
After realizing, that something changed i swtiched to practice and searched for the problems on my side. But there aren't one. Practice did work fine. 1on1 works absolutely fine. But 4on4? No way...

I have the feeling, they changed something in the netcode without telling, to avoid network problems. At least this only hits those 4on4 rounds, where my blocks are always too late, where the dodge comes too late, where the guardbreak interrupt is impossible and every assassin feels like op.

There is something to be said about something feeling different. As i've told others i'm not 100% discounting what is being said. i'm just not going to subscribe to the idea that these massive sweeping changes happened without being told so. I'm just waiting until something official is said or when I get the game myself (which should be this weekend.)

Knight_Raime
02-15-2017, 12:29 PM
Obviously you havent read all comments then, i mentioned earlier for example that the counter to guardbreak has been altered in general.

The way it worked was that one would guardbreak, and other could counter it by pressing it as soon as it happened. Now you have to wait for the GB to connect and maybe a frame or so till you must press it in a very short time fram in order to counter it. Because of this there is the issue that if both hit it at the same time, the GB often just rolls the dice and 1 person wins, other will get punished, not necessarily meaning the person that pressed first, maybe because of connection or whatever.

Try the advanced Tutorial and you will quickly see how hard it has become to counter a GB. The major issue is simply that GB comes with such powerful options, pushing people of cliffs and such, that it is far to unreliable to counter such easy mechanics that are so deadly. Should it be as it was in the beta? I personally think it was great, but for sure better than what it is now, i could live with the changes if they would atleast alter the timeframe of the GB, because such an easy mechanic with deadly outcome should not have to rely on that split second perfect timing to counter it.

I did read this whole thread. As I mentioned in one of my replies i've never teched a GB in the closed/open beta unless I tried to after they touched me. I've never used the shield icon as a means to guess when i'm supposed to tech it.

I've also stated that regardless of how it used to be or how it is now I want teching GB's to be harder. This is because my only concern of the game state goes is what it's like in the top level. and in the top level it was and still looks to be too easy to tech a GB. You have neither posted images or footage to back your point. so I can't put stock in it. that's just how I handle things.

And i'll be seeing these "changes" myself once I get the game this weekend.

Biocoast
02-15-2017, 12:29 PM
Can't really say you are right. I'm a guy with feints, dodges, lots of parries, gb counters (hallelujah, I finally got the timing figured out!) and the full moveset of my hero I play ("OP" Berserker and Raider. Or are they? I don't know what I'm allowed to play these days without stepping on somebody's toes). You don't want to hear that, but you probably need to get good first. It's the chucking second day, man! No offense intended.

Maybe it is a get good issue, just think then the system needs an update to have the guardbreak indicator show you as the attack indicator blinks when there is the right time to do so, because as i said before in another thread, i been trying it in practice for a while and whenever i seem to have figured it out, a couple GB later the whole timing seems to have shifted and/or because of it's short time frame is affected by ping/lag...

Knight_Raime
02-15-2017, 01:08 PM
MODERATED

How incredibly rude and dismissive of you. Won't reply further since you're clearly incapable of having a decent conversation. have a good day.

m1y4gi
02-15-2017, 01:30 PM

Sure, probaply it is so, i am not that good. But this is not the point. I played a charcter in CBT up to lvl18 and again to somewhere lvl15 on OBT. So, if i am good or not, i found my style to play this character. Now it is already lvl8. But it's like "who are you?" and OBT is just 2 days ago ^^

But to nail this one. I know why i loose. I know my faults, my failures in a fight. When i want to trigger RT and panic pulls Y instead. ;) This happens sometimes, yea because i am not perfect. But the fact is, i know why i loose, what i've done wrong. Since release i don't. Simply because it all feels right, but does not function the way it should. It's like a second between my action and the output on screen. Something slows it down, makes it feeling worse.

And just because it's the 2nd day to play, it's not forbidden to talk about it, is it? Also when you are in a situation like this, you search for reasons. And it's for all to see, that they changed something with the gb interrupt. You just have to play the advanced tutorial to see that.

Ubi-Gaidheal
02-15-2017, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone,

Let's keep things civilised and constructive, please. No need to attack others.

Thanks,

/Gaid

Salty_Saltcreek
02-15-2017, 01:43 PM
The only thing that has changed is the guard break timing but outside of that the game is the same. There might have been some mouse or controller sensitivity scaling adjustments but after getting that sorted out I was able to win with my Conqueror again. I really think the biggest issue is that players of all skill levels are mixed together right now due to the reset and once the mmr (or whatever system they use) settles out then people will think there is something wrong with the game when they are being outplayed.

CaptainCreeps
02-15-2017, 01:44 PM
I did that recoil recovery with Nobushi during both open and closed beta, so that at least is nothing new :))

Fardriven
02-15-2017, 01:50 PM
The game is awesome. Now there have been some changes and I must agree that they should have been announced. I think the problem is that beta ended on 12 and game opened at 14. 2 days weren't enough to make changes and they decided to change what they could without making promises to the public, as some things might have been left unchanged. It is the first and last time I forgive something like this but if I am to judge from how R6 siege has been doing I think the team behind the game will do a great job

DrExtrem
02-15-2017, 01:54 PM
Oh a mod showed up.

Good to see you here.

Sadly, your game is quite buggy atm. I just canceled a custom match against a level two bot (dmg disabled), because that little bugger cheated. Off course bots know when I change my guard and they are able to adjust to ut faster than a human - that wad nit the issue.

The bot did not get staggered after being hit. He was still swinging his heavy attack, like nothing happened. He ignored being out of stamina for a few swings and refused to get parryed.

Summary:
- stagger was only working on me, the player
- parrying had no consequences for him but my parrys failed too often (despite hitting at the right time)
- guard breaking ... yeah. Did not really work either. If I tried to counter him based on his animation, it failed and I got GBed. If I tried to hit the button based on the indicator, I failed, because the window seems to be even smaller, than it used to be in the betas.

I am totally ok with godlike bots but unfair, cheating AI, that ignires the games mechanics is awful.

Please fix the timings and make the bots follow the same rules, we do.

Thanks

GewaltSam
02-15-2017, 02:01 PM
Did guardbreak counter really change, though? Are here players reading in, like, the upper skill bracket, that hit their counters since beta and can confirm this?

Get me right, I have a good feeling for rhythm (I did standard and latin dancing casually for four years and got that **** figured out rhythm wise pretty good). It's hard to describe... Many moves, I do more by hearing and rhythm than by indicators or "trying to do it when they want". I see the symbol, I kinda ready up, then I hear the *PAMM* from guardbreak, and I time my own button press to that. I can't say that anything changed since this weekend, or the beta before, and if so, it has to be just a few frames in one direction or another. I find it hard to believe that guardbreak counter really changed in a major way since I play (Technical Test 2), and if so, I'd really like to hear some good players argue for that, or an official information.

You guys know that there are uncounterable guardbreaks though, yeah? As a game mechanic?

Derity
02-15-2017, 02:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

/Gaid

How about some input? What are your thoughts?

Biocoast
02-15-2017, 02:04 PM
After tinkering and trying the counter to guardbreak a bit more, the window to hit the counter is so ridiculousy small now that it's almost impossible to counter that GB in the midst of battle, sure people with super good reflexes and all will probably counter one or the other, but it seems that in order to GB you have to wait approx as long as a light attack to counter it, with guradbreak not being as obvious as any swing will come out of nowhere unless being in a really predictable place that even when you see the GB icon pop up, like i mentioned before, so hard to hit that sweet moment because you dont have the indication when the counter could be possible.

Despite these changes i think the new mechanic could maybe work if the time frame would be adjusted a bit and indicated like any other attack in order to have a chance to counter it. With the quick reflexes it requires right now to hit the perfect timing, that can only be guessed, to counter a "light attack" fast mechanic which can ultimatively instant kill you, it is far to hard to manage and is beyond a get good issue and needs some serious love.

DrExtrem
02-15-2017, 02:13 PM
Did guardbreak counter really change, though? Are here players reading in, like, the upper skill bracket, that hit their counters since beta and can confirm this?

Get me right, I have a good feeling for rhythm (I did standard and latin dancing casually for four years and got that **** figured out rhythm wise pretty good). It's hard to describe... Many moves, I do more by hearing and rhythm than by indicators or "trying to do it when they want". I see the symbol, I kinda ready up, then I hear the *PAMM* from guardbreak, and I time my own button press to that. I can't say that anything changed since this weekend, or the beta before, and if so, it has to be just a few frames in one direction or another. I find it hard to believe that guardbreak counter really changed in a major way since I play (Technical Test 2), and if so, I'd really like to hear some good players argue for that, or an official information.

You guys know that there are uncounterable guardbreaks though, yeah? As a game mechanic?

That means, that the window might still be right based on the sound but not the visual indicator or animation.

The problem is, that we don't have the time and skill to train standard and Latin dancing for the next four years to manage it. ;) (not being totally serious here)

Robbeeeen
02-15-2017, 02:56 PM
I am baffled by several thread like this popping up - I have noticed no difference whatsoever in GB or combat. GBs still almost never connect unless they are guaranteed through parry/dodge/whatever.

GewaltSam
02-15-2017, 03:05 PM
After tinkering and trying the counter to guardbreak a bit more, the window to hit the counter is so ridiculousy small now that it's almost impossible to counter that GB in the midst of battle, sure people with super good reflexes and all will probably counter one or the other, but it seems that in order to GB you have to wait approx as long as a light attack to counter it, with guradbreak not being as obvious as any swing will come out of nowhere unless being in a really predictable place that even when you see the GB icon pop up, like i mentioned before, so hard to hit that sweet moment because you dont have the indication when the counter could be possible.

Despite these changes i think the new mechanic could maybe work if the time frame would be adjusted a bit and indicated like any other attack in order to have a chance to counter it. With the quick reflexes it requires right now to hit the perfect timing, that can only be guessed, to counter a "light attack" fast mechanic which can ultimatively instant kill you, it is far to hard to manage and is beyond a get good issue and needs some serious love.

When did they change it? Today? I played this night, after a LOT of trying and training, I for the first time figured out how to build guardbreak counters into my game without focusing too much. I am 35, I thought I'm getting too old for this ****, and that's my skill ceiling... (Reflexes get a lot worse with age, starting from 21). If an "Oldtimer" (in gaming, though :P) like me can learn that, I'm sure others like you will in time, too. Try it in training like a MoFo, find a friend to do infinite duels with (I really mean one infinite duel - custom game, rules: time set to zero, options: damage set to none). Let him beat the **** out of you, only light attacks, heavy attacks and guardbreaks (Bot 2 can do that, too), and try to defend like you mean it. Do this for 10 minutes, or more, repeat. If you don't get better through this, I don't know what to say at all ;)

The problem is, that we don't have the time and skill to train standard and Latin dancing for the next four years to manage it. ;) (not being totally serious here)

I lol'd :D

Rhythm can be learned though. I often knock rhythms with my fingers, sometimes to songs, sometimes out of my head. All that has to do with music, like, playing an instrument, is probably easiest, but I am sure you can learn simple rhythm by just playing a game and working on it. Or find your own way to get it right :) It's not rocket science though

Osanger
02-15-2017, 03:31 PM
This GB tech issue is everywhere, they should really have released some notes with the launch to warn people about this, then half of these threads would not be here.

To clarify anyone who is still in the dark about what has changed with GB; on open beta when your opponent input the GB ability you would see a red broken shield icon appear on the middle of his char, this was your warning that he was about to perform a guard break, as long as you pressed your own GB before it connected you teched the GB and countered it. This resulted in people basically button mashing the GB on queue to make sure it went off. Clearly this is bad since its an tech ability that should require precise timing.

Fast forward to release, what has changed is that technically you have exactly the same amount of time to perform your CGB but you must wait until the red broken shield flashes on your char which is actually the same time your opponents animation connects with your char. Thus you must now time it properly, push it too soon and you will fail, too late the same. You still have plently of warning that the GB is going to go off you just cannot now mash the button to tech it, as it should be.

For some(me included) this has had zero effect since i dont button mash (countering with king/paul in tekken is the same, you must do it as they strike you or virtually just before) for those that were button mashing i'm afraid you need to set a date with practice mode and get the timing down properly now, my advice is look at the char animation not the shield and you will have much better success.

Johnnybeck.
02-15-2017, 03:34 PM
I played a lot of nobushi in the betas, reputation 1 CB and reputation 2 OP. And the character feels totally different now, is a lot slower and feel strange, I can't played the way I used to anymore, is so frustrating. The almost perfect balance between classes from the betas doesn't exist anymore. Can someone from ubi/for honor please explain what is going on?

The_B0G_
02-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Im not sure what it is, but I was ten times better at this game in the beta lol

Meinnharts
02-15-2017, 03:44 PM
dodging feels different, blocking feels different, changing guard is slower and now gets stuck in one direction for a split second, whereas before I could switch back and forth very quickly.

Same feeling here

PhYcE-
02-15-2017, 03:51 PM
I feel the same, blocking is clunky now. The game feels slower. I main Warden and I'm having trouble getting off his crushing counters. I feel like I'm a garbage player now with 50 plus hours in the Betas...

Beldox88
02-15-2017, 03:56 PM
The beta was so good, even with the micro bugs. But now? Everything feels so slow, so different, so laggy, delayed etc. I hope they will change it back to the beta state.

Vordred
02-15-2017, 04:05 PM
i took part in the closed alpha and beta plus the open beta, and something does feel wrong now, the game feels sluggish and slow, it not as fun as it was, i find even blocking to be slow now, like my guard doesn't change as fast now. i would put it down to a network thing with now more players, but its the same against a AI bot. whole thing feels less responsive than it did.

Jamailos
02-15-2017, 04:09 PM
Exactly, yesterday after first round in a duel I was like WTF is this...this is not the game I played 2 days ago. Man if this was the case in beta I would never preorder. I feel scammed.

Creepshoot
02-15-2017, 04:22 PM
I cant belive what they have done with this ****ty assasins... der can hit , hit and hit and they DONT LOSE ANY ****IN STAMINA!... i'm on a point that this game can suck my SALTY balls... the guardbreak is to STRONG cant break the breaker.. and if you play lawbringer like me and u PARRY any ****in attack you cant do **** against a ****in assasin thats so ridiculous. i hope they will do a change or they will never see MUCH people again...

PhYcE-
02-15-2017, 04:31 PM
I am on Ps4, are people on all platforms experiencing the sluggishness and clunkiness of blocking? I am trying to figure out if it is platform specific.

DrExtrem
02-15-2017, 04:35 PM
I lol'd :D

Rhythm can be learned though. I often knock rhythms with my fingers, sometimes to songs, sometimes out of my head. All that has to do with music, like, playing an instrument, is probably easiest, but I am sure you can learn simple rhythm by just playing a game and working on it. Or find your own way to get it right :) It's not rocket science though

its got nothing to do with rythm. It's all about reaktion time and on what people react.

You react on the sound of the gb - I do on the visual input. This can not easily be changed, because its neurobiological pattern. You can not become more reactive l, unless you pump your brain full with neurostimulants (I REALLY DISCOURAGE THIS).

In the end, it does not matter. If you give your players an indicator, it has to be right. If the game is only playable by people with olympic reflexes and reaction times, ok ... but people should better not complain, if the game will be dead in three months.

pRo-Olowain
02-15-2017, 04:43 PM
I dont know what happened. But clearly they changed things.

Parrying, blocking, GB all feels not responsive.

I was mega excited after i played closed and open beta. It felt great. I felt i can win with any char i choose.

Now since release i get absolut steamrolled.

Also the rage mode seems off. i got hit by 1 hard strike which took 70+% of my health. Followed by execution. It was literally a one hit.
Im so gutted!!!!!.

Seriously this needs to be changed ASAP.

Oni-Nikuya
02-15-2017, 04:50 PM
It's weird to me, all the complaints being stated I had for the open beta relative to all the previous tests. I have measurably less input lag most of the time and I haven't seen much that seems weird accept for occasionally attacks tracking my sidesteps that didn't used to.

Braegulfer
02-15-2017, 05:31 PM
This GB tech issue is everywhere, they should really have released some notes with the launch to warn people about this, then half of these threads would not be here.

To clarify anyone who is still in the dark about what has changed with GB; on open beta when your opponent input the GB ability you would see a red broken shield icon appear on the middle of his char, this was your warning that he was about to perform a guard break, as long as you pressed your own GB before it connected you teched the GB and countered it. This resulted in people basically button mashing the GB on queue to make sure it went off. Clearly this is bad since its an tech ability that should require precise timing.

Fast forward to release, what has changed is that technically you have exactly the same amount of time to perform your CGB but you must wait until the red broken shield flashes on your char which is actually the same time your opponents animation connects with your char. Thus you must now time it properly, push it too soon and you will fail, too late the same. You still have plently of warning that the GB is going to go off you just cannot now mash the button to tech it, as it should be.

For some(me included) this has had zero effect since i dont button mash (countering with king/paul in tekken is the same, you must do it as they strike you or virtually just before) for those that were button mashing i'm afraid you need to set a date with practice mode and get the timing down properly now, my advice is look at the char animation not the shield and you will have much better success.

BUMPING this one. This is what's going on. I can't believe after this response (and every part of it is dead accurate) that people are STILL debating.

GregoryMcFlint
02-15-2017, 05:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

/Gaid

How about your entire studio becomes civilized and constructive and add dedicated servers.

Why not join 2017 like everyone else in existence?

OneLaw4you
02-15-2017, 05:55 PM
How about your entire studio becomes civilized and constructive and add dedicated servers.

Why not join 2017 like everyone else in existence?
shot fired

CuD_
02-15-2017, 05:55 PM
Yup, like the poster above said, I'm convinced you did a swift recoil based on your description of the move. You step back a few steps while twirling your Naginata with the blade making circular motion.

Swift recoil isn't just a simple back step. E.g. https://youtu.be/w-vWjcFQcdA?t=1m46s The action in this video labelled "swift recoil" is just a normal back step, not swift recoil.

Edit: found a swift recoil video. https://youtu.be/ruvFapSCr2o?t=5m43s This at 5 min 43 s. That's the move you described, correct?

Yep, that is the move. How weird that it is triggering after a parry, and no dodge press. I'll consider it a glitch for now and try to figure out wtf is happening. But for sure, that is the animation that is happening.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-15-2017, 06:26 PM
I played the alpha, the closed beta AND the beta.

The game feels EXACTLY the same. The difference is now players are better with the game so instead of bumbling your way to a few wins you people are getting smacked around by REAL players who know what they are doing.

But you can't admit to yourself that YOU are the issue so you have to come up with crazy theories and excuses.

Because its OBVIOUSLY the games fault. Couldn't POSSIBLY be that you just suck at the game.

Bishanamon
02-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Betas are not for testing anymore, have not been for years, they are for Advertising.

they increased Stam regen, Match rewards, quickened the fighting speed, and left the Heavy's out of the game. because there would be this level of complaints in the beta and people wouldn't buy it until they saw it change.

same. For some reasons things changed. People are saying they didn't give us the ACTUAL build in the betas which defeats play testing or they changed things without letting the community know like the PK bleed nerf in the OB. They told us about that, but people have been having issues with Guard Break timing and counter GB timing as well as hero play. My main hero is nearly unplayable to the point I can't play how I used to. I have to strive to be different because the tactic I used in betas isn't working.

DrExtrem
02-15-2017, 06:41 PM

The game feels EXACTLY the same. The difference is now players are better with the game so instead of bumbling your way to a few wins you people are getting smacked around by REAL players who know what they are doing.

But you can't admit to yourself that YOU are the issue so you have to come up with crazy theories and excuses.

Because its OBVIOUSLY the games fault. Couldn't POSSIBLY be that you just suck at the game.

This can not be true, because playing against bots in local games does feel different.

But off course people changed in the one day between the beta and release.

:rolleyes:

CoyoteXStarrk
02-15-2017, 06:43 PM
This can not be true, because playing against bots in local games does feel different.

But off course people changed in the one day between the beta and release.

:rolleyes:

Bots they did tone down I think. They are alot easier to dispatch.

CuD_
02-15-2017, 06:47 PM

Sorry but something is different, maybe you aren't good enough to feel the subtle differences, did you think about that?

Its not drastic, but it is there. When I spend hours forming muscle memory, to have all that timing go out the window, in a game where split second timing is everything, you feel it(If you are good enough)

I will re-learn the timing if I have to, but something is off. Just because you don't notice it does not mean it is not there, it just means you are not as tightly tuned as I am ;)

MoNo_Am
02-15-2017, 06:52 PM

Things are different since beta...Ubisoft has a sticky of exactly what and a lot of what is being complained about was actually CHANGED

For your viewing pleasure (and you can actually be informed when responding)

Ubisoft Open-Beta-to-Game-Launch-Changes (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1577129-Open-Beta-to-Game-Launch-Changes)

TravoltinoSK
02-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Played over 50 hours in Open beta. Almost only conqueror and couple of warden hours .. now I cant gueadbreak parry block or dodge. These are basic mechanics, I could 100% parry lvl 1 bot raider all day every day, now I cant - there is no way basic mechanics didnt get changed because I couldnt get 10 magnitudes worse over 2 days.

Iam a grown man, but Iam on a verge of crying (laugh all you want), I liked the game so much during OB I almost couldnt sleep and now I feel desperate and robbed (already contacted for a refund)

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 09:06 PM
Played over 50 hours in Open beta. Almost only conqueror and couple of warden hours .. now I cant gueadbreak parry block or dodge. These are basic mechanics, I could 100% parry lvl 1 bot raider all day every day, now I cant - there is no way basic mechanics didnt get changed because I couldnt get 10 magnitudes worse over 2 days.

Iam a grown man, but Iam on a verge of crying (laugh all you want), I liked the game so much during OB I almost couldnt sleep and now I feel desperate and robbed (already contacted for a refund)

Same I'm a conqueror main and I feel like I can't do anything since the change.

poroto_lennon
02-15-2017, 09:17 PM
And connection errors? It's also because people do not know how to play?

poroto_lennon
02-15-2017, 09:18 PM

Vulgorn
02-15-2017, 09:19 PM

The placebo effect is strong and contagious.

TravoltinoSK
02-15-2017, 09:19 PM

Couldnt connect to my friends invite until we BOTH restared the game (issue i hoped would be solved form OB cuz it was common as ****), and 3 crashes that on of them required task manager IN A SPAN OF 30 minutes

MangoUnclaimed
02-15-2017, 09:21 PM
I'm getting hit through block now, which never happened pre-launch. Guard breaks not only don't cancel out if two people use it, but is also hitting through attacks somewhat frequently. Something really ****ing screwy is going on, I encountered literally none of these problems in the betas and tech tests.

AvennHoltzer
02-15-2017, 09:21 PM
Actually I did notice a difference between betas and launch, but not in gameplay. For some reason it feels the graphics optimization is worse than it was in beta. In beta I was able to stay above 60 FPS no problem on high settings... Now I'm struggling on low settings.

pRaX85
02-15-2017, 09:22 PM
I played the alpha, the closed beta AND the beta. The game feels EXACTLY the same.
That's cute. I was in way more tests they had. Starting shortly after the announcement. Including Technicals. Up to release. And you are full of "insert preferred term for feces" in regards of "nuthin changed". Then again, I enjoy your trolling... so that made up for that. So, go on. :D

CoyoteXStarrk
02-15-2017, 09:30 PM
That's cute. I was in way more tests they had. Starting shortly after the announcement. Including Technicals. Up to release. And you are full of "insert preferred term for feces" in regards of "nuthin changed". Then again, I enjoy your trolling... so that made up for that. So, go on. :D

You are so full of **** that is amazing you can walk lol

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 09:34 PM

Do you just argue with everyone? Are you that blind? Someone who has more game experience THAN YOURSELF even sees and you yet to see it? You're such a ****ing sheep you can't even see the that you're a sheep. Holy hell...I'm an Ubisoft fanboy through and through, but this is not what their build was in the betas.

pRaX85
02-15-2017, 09:34 PM

Thanks for noticing me Senpai. I'm flattered. Keep up the good work.

TucuReborn
02-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Same I'm a conqueror main and I feel like I can't do anything since the change.

I very deepl share this sentiment. I don't know what changed, but everything Conqueror does is off. My attacks feel slower. My blocks don't block. I just feel wrong....

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 09:37 PM
I very deepl share this sentiment. I don't know what changed, but everything Conqueror does is off. My attacks feel slower. My blocks don't block. I just feel wrong....

Yup, Back in the betas I was killing people 1-2 reps above me in duels and team matches. Now I get sidestepped and dodged easily as I'm already slow and attack slow, but it seems to easy for them to do so now. Then everyone else is faster they just guard break me all the time back away and land a light hit. It doesn't do much, but 50 light hits is enough to do it (over exaggerating) so I almost feel like not playing my conqueror until they fix it or at least not feeling bad leaving matches until they do XD

Vulgorn
02-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Yup, Back in the betas I was killing people 1-2 reps above me in duels and team matches. Now I get sidestepped and dodged easily as I'm already slow and attack slow, but it seems to easy for them to do so now. Then everyone else is faster they just guard break me all the time back away and land a light hit. It doesn't do much, but 50 light hits is enough to do it (over exaggerating) so I almost feel like not playing my conqueror until they fix it or at least not feeling bad leaving matches until they do XD

That's very likely a placebo effect. The issue that everyone is having with stuff like this is that all the good players are suddenly level 0 again, so you're seeing them more often. Give it time for them to get to a level that suits their skill level and it'll likely be better overall.

TucuReborn
02-15-2017, 09:42 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm having to deal with. I had a 70% winrate in duel/brawl on Conqueror, and usually I either stomped or it was close. He had the power to back up his slow speed, and could punish mistakes well. He was balanced around his speed though, and he felt in a good place. Whenever I fought one, even as other classes, I knew his weaknesses and I never had much problem. Now he's just in the spot where everyone does his job better, and he was already partly in that spot before thanks to Warlord having so similar defenses.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-15-2017, 09:46 PM
Do you just argue with everyone? Are you that blind? Someone who has more game experience THAN YOURSELF even sees and you yet to see it? You're such a ****ing sheep you can't even see the that you're a sheep. Holy hell...I'm an Ubisoft fanboy through and through, but this is not what their build was in the betas.

Someone who CLAIMS to have more game experience :)

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Someone who CLAIMS to have more game experience :)

So we can't claim you know what you're talking about either since you're claiming you've been in all the betas too. You wanna bring up facts and points yet, have you, yourself, gave us anything, but your word you've been in these past tests? You're so ******ed....

CoyoteXStarrk
02-15-2017, 09:49 PM
So we can't claim you know what you're talking about either since you're claiming you've been in all the betas too. You wanna bring up facts and points yet, have you, yourself, gave us anything, but your word you've been in these past tests? You're so ******ed....

This thread is endlessly entertaining lol

pRaX85
02-15-2017, 09:51 PM

He actually didn't claim that he was in "all" of the tests. I did.
But having attended at least one of them, may it be the Alphas/Technicals/Betas is already enough to refute his "nuth'n evr chang'd"

This thread is endlessly entertaining lol

IKR!

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 09:53 PM
But having attended at least one of them, may it be the Alphas/Technicals/Betas is already enough to refute his "nuth'n evr chang'd"

IKR!

He claimed that he was also in the Alphas, Closed, and Open. Only you claimed to be in the tech test, but still says you ONLY claim and technically that is only what their doing as well. I for one see no reason why someone would lie about being in a test.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-15-2017, 09:55 PM

IKR!

The fact you idiots are taking me 100% literally when I say that is the funniest thing to me.

Have things changed? Of course they have.

Is it like night and day like most idiots are claiming? No lol

pRaX85
02-15-2017, 10:01 PM
He claimed that he was also in the Alphas, Closed, and Open. Only you claimed to be in the tech test, but still says you ONLY claim and technically that is only what their doing as well. I for one see no reason why someone would lie about being in a test.

Well, claiming is all I can legally do in regards of "those" tests. I'm not even sure anymore if I'm allowed to do that either but I saw a couple of streamers telling everyone that they attended them... so I just came out of closet too. At least since he felt like using it as a "measurement".

Knight_Gregor
02-15-2017, 10:01 PM
The fact you idiots are taking me 100% literally when I say that is the funniest thing to me.

Have things changed? Of course they have.

Is it like night and day like most idiots are claiming? No lol

If only they were. The same things complained about now were complained about in tech tests.

Gumavarie
02-15-2017, 10:02 PM
I'm honestly a bit mad I bought this game. The beta experience was entirely different from the final game. The blocking, parrying, and guard breaking all feel totally off from what they were. In addition to basically every match being a cheese match of Orochi spamming.

Ummm you realize this is Ubisoft right? check out the YouTube video showing the countless E3 footage that looks 10x better than their actual release.

MapleBeaver69
02-15-2017, 10:04 PM
Game is in a terrible state right now and was not what it was advertised as in the betas. Few days ago when I was playing the open beta I had the timing down perfectly. Now I have to relearn everything completely and its SO ****ING SLOW. There is an odd delay between every ****ing move. It is impossible to block now, impossible to parry, COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to guard break. Before guard breaking was at least do-able because you could kind of predict when it was coming. At least they gave us that much. But now? Nope. Just forget about ever guard breaking again. Now if you do it pre-emptively you will guard break and for w/e reason the enemy will get their guard break off because it doesn't register yours. Not sure why.

There is the smallest ****ing window after they do a guard break to actually counter it. Its stupidly minuscule. Humans don't really possess reflexes that fast. Guard breaking should not be allowed to be spammed like it currently is. All everyone is doing is spamming guard break and unblock-able attacks (Warlord head butt). The Warden and Conq have it rough though as their unblock-able is way too slow during combat and can be dodged.

Basically this game is going to piss off a lot of new players and people like me who were in the beta. I still like it and want to get good at it again but holy hell is this frustrating. There's nothing fast paced about this game anymore. Everything just feels so unresponsive now and sluggish. You can't pull off the clutch moves you could in beta if you were good. Now you have to time everything with inhuman reflexes and basically never get grabbed or hit (due to recoil/recovery animation).

Garbage game until fixed.

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 10:05 PM
Well, claiming is all I can legally do in regards of "those" tests. I'm not even sure anymore if I'm allowed to do that either but I saw a couple of streamers telling everyone that they attended them... so I just came out of closet too. At least since he felt like using it as a "measurement".

Yea, that's what I mean. I'm defending you lol because yea it's a claim, but I don't see why one would need to lie and honestly you having more experience and saying that you have the same issues as me who only played the Closed and Open refutes his argument. If he ONLY claims that for you then honestly we have to take him at his word apparently and say that neither you nor him know wtf their talking about lol. I mean if he wants to say that about you then all his posts about his tests are out the window.

pRaX85
02-15-2017, 10:15 PM
Yea, that's what I mean. I'm defending you lol because yea it's a claim, but I don't see why one would need to lie and honestly you having more experience and saying that you have the same issues as me who only played the Closed and Open refutes his argument. If he ONLY claims that for you then honestly we have to take him at his word apparently and say that neither you nor him know wtf their talking about lol. I mean if he wants to say that about you then all his posts about his tests are out the window.

I wouldn't say we have the exact same issues but there are certainly changes I personally not deem for the best.

One example would be that they changed alot in terms of hyperarmor during animations, especially for landing GBs (for all characters though!), extended the hit stagger frametimes (which makes most people feel like their stance direction isn't switching/unresponsive, chalking it up to lag or whatever) and many many more.

Let's put it like this. When I read the complaints in these forums, I observe people "thinking about the wrong reasons" why these things are actually happening or not happening. Some of those issues aren't as much of a big deal as people make them out to be. Some are. Some stuff just has to be adapted to. Some stuff is warranted.

Currently I'm not the biggest fan of how the game performs at the moment. Our reasons may differ. Doesn't change the fact that I can totally understand the outrage. Trash talking everyone doesn't look like a solution to me though. Quite the contrary.

Braegulfer
02-15-2017, 10:16 PM
The more I play with the new gb counter the more I love it. Totally hardwireable to muscle memory and a way better window imho than the spam gb as soon as you see the symbol method that preceded it. Just takes a bit more skill than before, which is a good thing, as it makes total turtles easier to dislodge. Anyway, after a couple brief moments of consternation, I took stock, reapplied my training focus, and learned it. I think most of the changes are for the better. Just throwing my two cents in there since the sky appears to be on fire and falling.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-15-2017, 10:17 PM
Game is in a terrible state right now and was not what it was advertised as in the betas. Few days ago when I was playing the open beta I had the timing down perfectly. Now I have to relearn everything completely and its SO ****ING SLOW. There is an odd delay between every ****ing move. It is impossible to block now, impossible to parry, COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to guard break. Before guard breaking was at least do-able because you could kind of predict when it was coming. At least they gave us that much. But now? Nope. Just forget about ever guard breaking again. Now if you do it pre-emptively you will guard break and for w/e reason the enemy will get their guard break off because it doesn't register yours. Not sure why.

There is the smallest ****ing window after they do a guard break to actually counter it. Its stupidly minuscule. Humans don't really possess reflexes that fast. Guard breaking should not be allowed to be spammed like it currently is. All everyone is doing is spamming guard break and unblock-able attacks (Warlord head butt). The Warden and Conq have it rough though as their unblock-able is way too slow during combat and can be dodged.

Basically this game is going to piss off a lot of new players and people like me who were in the beta. I still like it and want to get good at it again but holy hell is this frustrating. There's nothing fast paced about this game anymore. Everything just feels so unresponsive now and sluggish. You can't pull off the clutch moves you could in beta if you were good. Now you have to time everything with inhuman reflexes and basically never get grabbed or hit (due to recoil/recovery animation).

Garbage game until fixed.

My sides hurt lol

The amount of bias and errors in this post is hilarious.

pRaX85
02-15-2017, 10:23 PM
The more I play with the new gb counter the more I love it. Totally hardwireable to muscle memory and a way better window imho than the spam gb as soon as you see the symbol method that preceded it. Just takes a bit more skill than before, which is a good thing, as it makes total turtles easier to dislodge. Anyway, after a couple brief moments of consternation, I took stock, reapplied my training focus, and learned it. I think most of the changes are for the better. Just throwing my two cents in there since the sky appears to be on fire and falling.

I actually think the new GB makes it too easy as soon as you adapted. I'm not a fan of taking "predictions" out of the game though. That's why I dislike the change too. Again, same issue, different reasons.

Braegulfer
02-15-2017, 10:28 PM
I actually think the new GB makes it too easy as soon as you adapted. I'm not a fan of taking "predictions" out of the game though. That's why I dislike the change too. Again, same issue, different reasons.

I can see your concern and having glanced over your previous posts I can see you are from more of a higher-end/frame counting sort of background. I have only spent a few hundred hours on SFV and xbox virtuafighter, but enough to realize that my concerns are going to be vastly different from people who actually dive deep into these things.

I agree with you as well, to some extent, If my slow-reflexed 42 year old *** can hardwire gb counters in a couple hours of practice then....may be too easy indeed.

Cro0kers
02-15-2017, 10:31 PM
Tbh I can't find my spot on it, the new guardbreak ! When are you supposed to press that bloody button ?!

Fuzzybutts
02-15-2017, 10:34 PM
It feels as if they put input delay on everything. Its not just the new Guard break counter thats effected, it seems like all of the controls have been impacted in some way. Individual heroes have had their sensativity for blocking changed without warning, guardbreak goes through the most REDICULOUS THINGS (ooh look an unblockable heavy, im going to guard break the UNBLOCKABLE HEAVY), i've had my guard broken mid-light attack due to this nonsense many times.

Its not just the guard break thats an issue, they ****ed up alot more than just that.

pRaX85
02-15-2017, 10:36 PM
Tbh I can't find my spot on it, the new guardbreak ! When are you supposed to press that bloody button ?!
If you really need a visual queue besides of the animations, for a GBB, do a GB as soon as the red shield pops up on "your" character. Not the enemy's. But you have to be spot on. And don't spam, press only once. If you spam, you will break your own GBB, even if the timing was right.

EroMuff
02-15-2017, 10:48 PM
they just like wasting money to make a game then ruin it, awwww man i cant beat this guy hes 2 good with this character, oh i know let me go complain and rant non stop so they can ruin a good character LMFAOL, its amazing how fast one can go and **** up a game. lmaol assasins are ment to be fast now he ****ing like a ****ing turtle lmaol i think we should all just go sell the game let the devs keep all the trash players they ****ed up the game for.

pRaX85
02-15-2017, 10:53 PM
To be fair. The game (and Ubisoft) doesn't do the best job to give some more indepth technical insights of why and how things work. You can't expect everyone being educated on those things. And if something happens they can't explain and can't really find anything that gives closure... well, they become frustrated.

Love.Handle
02-15-2017, 11:21 PM
Why cant they respond?

From day 1 I have been adjusting my settings non stop to try to figure out what was wrong with my guard. Its so unresponsive and gets stuck in a certain position for a split second....

Glad its not just me. The beta was so smooth.

Juuudass
02-15-2017, 11:33 PM
game feel more sluggish to me thats a fact. Less responsive and more clunky.

Before i could 1 vs 2 people or hold 1 v 3, now seems imposible sometimes.

pRo-Olowain
02-16-2017, 12:34 AM
Cant hold my feelings back.
The more i play the more i get frustrated. I just cant believe how on earth u make changes after a great open beta with 2 days remaining. No testing. Nothing.
Its a Hack and slay now!

MyseratyGrim
02-16-2017, 12:41 AM
All the haters destroyed the game. Just by complaining...
I really like the game as it was, it was balanced.
that is the new way of cheating. Making everyone worse so you get the best.

i like the game, now i sold it after one day playing...
that is sad.

Thanks to all the P****S

TravoltinoSK
02-16-2017, 02:22 PM
https://youtu.be/tAU5bIalbnc?t=693 for those who didnt watch and say we ''need to git gud" watch this and shut the **** up okay :) we are right you are wrong.

I tested this latency issue with a kind peackeeper who I tried to parry with top light as a Warden, needles o say I only succeeded when i parried PREEMPTIVELY not when the game shown me the attack is coming (just lulz), then when I tried to parry once more top guy said he didnt even see I had my guard top (I did :D )
AND THEN I ATTACKED HIM top light attack AND I SAW HE HAS A TOP GUARD BUT MANAGED TO HIT HIM THROUGH BLOCK FOUR-****ING-TIMES.
Ubi you done ****ed up now ..

OneLaw4you
02-16-2017, 02:43 PM
last ubisoft game I ever buy if they don't step their **** up and fix what they ****ing broke

Tr1stesse
02-16-2017, 02:48 PM
The game feels really different .. hate it!

ast3lan
02-16-2017, 02:54 PM
For me the game is feeling fine.

I dunno why but most of the people posting the game is dying sound more like prophets of the apocalypse than people that play the game in a regular fashion.

EmeraldCthulhu
02-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Is there any official confirmation that the window for counter guard brakes have been changed? I played against an orochi yesterday who only did 2 quick attackes and quard break spam. I know what he does, I knew it was coming, but I never maneged to counter the guard break once, to the point I started wondering if the mechanic even works. You would think I should hit it at least once by luck with so many tries, but nope, did not happen.

I'm not any good, but with a spam this obvious, me understanding what I'm doing, and while I wait for the guard break, it felt way to hard to actually hit the window to counter. The mechanic seems broken somehow.

TravoltinoSK
02-16-2017, 03:08 PM
For me the game is feeling fine.

I dunno why but most of the people posting the game is dying sound more like prophets of the apocalypse than people that play the game in a regular fashion.

Then I envy you, I literally cant play because I dont know WHAT caused that loss/win which is essential for to continue. I cant imprive If I dont know what I did wrong, now It can be anything lag, timing ****up (most likely lag watch the netcode vid), game not responding to my input OR maybe I was just bad. I cant imprive unless I know which of these was the reason I didnt block that attack.
Now its just a mix of frustration.
I honestly envy you if ALL your inputs get registered immediately, you can actively parry and GB not because you anticipate it but you ''reflex'' it, for me ''reflexing'' it is impossible

AKosse1996
02-16-2017, 03:26 PM
Is there any official confirmation that the window for counter guard brakes have been changed? I played against an orochi yesterday who only did 2 quick attackes and quard break spam. I know what he does, I knew it was coming, but I never maneged to counter the guard break once, to the point I started wondering if the mechanic even works. You would think I should hit it at least once by luck with so many tries, but nope, did not happen.

I'm not any good, but with a spam this obvious, me understanding what I'm doing, and while I wait for the guard break, it felt way to hard to actually hit the window to counter. The mechanic seems broken somehow.

yes the mechanic is broken...but in the other way. if you did understand how to counter guard break than you will be able to coutner 100% of the guradbreaks even if they get you by surprise. i tell you why: in the open beta you have to press guard break exactly at the time where the other starts his guard break with a window of maybe 0,5 secounds?!? so if your reflexes are fine, you had to press the guard break key at the time when you see the red shild symbol that the enemy is doing a guard break.

now in the realised version they changed the timing. now you dont have to press the guard break key in the time where the red shild appears but you have to press it when he is touching you (maybe 0,5 secounds after the shild symbol appearsī) what is funny is, if you press the guard break button to early your counter will fail so you have to wait a little bit before you press it. But because of the new mechanic you have more time to react until you have to press the guard break key to counter it, so the counter will become rly easy when you get the rhytm of pressing the guard break button in the right time. To train it i would recommend that you play a few custom games against a lvl 2 peacekeeper because she cant make unblockable attacks and will guard break very often so it is a good training. just stand on a position, block their attacks and counter guard break her guard breaks. after a few while of training you will realise how easy it is to counter guard break in this version of the game :)

tucsharingan
02-16-2017, 03:27 PM
I unistaled it already...

TravoltinoSK
02-16-2017, 03:36 PM
I unistaled it already...

Have faith my brother .. iam on a verge myself but I stil believe

DrExtrem
02-16-2017, 03:37 PM
yes the mechanic is broken...but in the other way. if you did understand how to counter guard break than you will be able to coutner 100% of the guradbreaks even if they get you by surprise. i tell you why: in the open beta you have to press guard break exactly at the time where the other starts his guard break with a window of maybe 0,5 secounds?!? so if your reflexes are fine, you had to press the guard break key at the time when you see the red shild symbol that the enemy is doing a guard break.

now in the realised version they changed the timing. now you dont have to press the guard break key in the time where the red shild appears but you have to press it when he is touching you (maybe 0,5 secounds after the shild symbol appearsī) what is funny is, if you press the guard break button to early your counter will fail so you have to wait a little bit before you press it. But because of the new mechanic you have more time to react until you have to press the guard break key to counter it, so the counter will become rly easy when you get the rhytm of pressing the guard break button in the right time. To train it i would recommend that you play a few custom games against a lvl 2 peacekeeper because she cant make unblockable attacks and will guard break very often so it is a good training. just stand on a position, block their attacks and counter guard break her guard breaks. after a few while of training you will realise how easy it is to counter guard break in this version of the game :)

I will try it out.

Even if it is not working for me, you are the forum user of the day. At least one person is trying to help.

EmeraldCthulhu
02-16-2017, 03:47 PM

Thank you, I will definitely try it out! I did try to hit the button when I see the shield so I quess that was my problem. But hey, it seemed logical...

DrExtrem
02-16-2017, 04:59 PM
Found a bug in the process.

Even with the "no damage"-mode selected, bleed dmg still applies.

I am so unlucky, that I even get stabbed2death in a game without damage. I feel like Charlie Brown.

XI_S3kt0R
02-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Its War of the vikings all over again. If they dont fix the responsiveness, the game will soon be a desertplace.

vkmicro
02-16-2017, 05:48 PM
I can answer what changed. The people who wanted to screw around and troll and just randomly mash buttons while the game was free to try in CBT / OBT are no longer there. People who remain now are people who actually want to get good and learn how to play their characters properly.

:P people who play now mostly actually know how to use their heroes and spent at least 30 mins staring at move set and going like- ohh okay cool this is cool i can use this to my advantage :D

TravoltinoSK
02-16-2017, 05:58 PM
I can answer what changed. The people who wanted to screw around and troll and just randomly mash buttons while the game was free to try in CBT / OBT are no longer there. People who remain now are people who actually want to get good and learn how to play their characters properly.

:P people who play now mostly actually know how to use their heroes and spent at least 30 mins staring at move set and going like- ohh okay cool this is cool i can use this to my advantage :D

Explain to me how then was I able to dmg a guy with a TOp attack FOUR TIMES when he had A top guard?
How was I able to guard break somebody who was mid attack?
How wat the enemy able to attack me 5 times (not berserker) through my guard with light attack?
Why was I disconected 5 times during span of 1 hour>

pRo-Olowain
02-16-2017, 06:01 PM

What the **** are u smoking?

Im just wondering why ubisoft is not replying at all. The forum is FULL of threads about release version being screwed up. Do u think all these people a bad players all of a sudden?
If i dont do any statement at all as publisher then its clear to me they just want to sit it out. They wait a few days and hope it`ll settle down. My hope is it wont.

I bought the game after a fantastic experience in closed and open beta and i really start to regret it. It is simply a complete different feel of the game now.
As u would play a different game.

I think ubisoft show no guts. Theyve done the mistake before ( The Divison) and they havent learnt yet.

cortextual
02-16-2017, 06:13 PM
It used to be possible to switch guard direction while dodging, now it waits until the step is finished and then switches, leaving you vulnerable. Perhaps this is one of the things making the game feel clunky to people. It does to me, apparently I was dodging and changing blocks at the same time, never really thought about it until they stopped it working.

I'm sure it's intentional and I don't have a problem with it necessarily. What I do have a problem with is vague patch notes. Clear ones would prevent the need for threads like this.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 06:18 PM
I have noticed that I'm unable to move or block after someone lands an attack. It's really weird. I'm still loving the game and still smoking people, but every now and then my character just sits there, completely unresponsive.

droper66
02-16-2017, 06:24 PM
I have noticed that I'm unable to move or block after someone lands an attack. It's really weird. I'm still loving the game and still smoking people, but every now and then my character just sits there, completely unresponsive.

This is one of my biggest problems with the game as well, I think it is a symptom of combinations and timings being off that they did not account for. Fluidity is so important in a game like this.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 06:25 PM
This is one of my biggest problems with the game as well, I think it is a symptom of combinations and timings being off that they did not account for. Fluidity is so important in a game like this.

This didn't happen until this release, after all of the baddies complained about defense being too strong...

Jetoslash
02-16-2017, 06:28 PM
Well to me this game is just UNPLAYABLE with the servers, lags, delay, and the changes they have done after release. I mean i already got hit on the side when I switched my guard, at last moment. But the MOMENT i got hit, my guard was on the good side. This is pure madness

. Half of the parry / block fail cause of srveurs / clunky controls, etc .... you have the feeling to driven a ****ing trunk, this is pointless I've just done some games with bots and haha it was a totaly mess, GB workng after a botattack, dodge not working, guard not moving / blocking ..

Miadous
02-16-2017, 06:31 PM
This game felt so much better in the beta phases. I was hoping they would just fix all the errors and disconnects for game launch. Turns out, they screwed up the core gameplay instead of fixing network errors. Great team over at Ubisoft. False advertising, I purchased the beta For Honor, the release For Honor is bad.

cortextual
02-16-2017, 06:32 PM

I had a friend complaining about that too. After messing around in a duel I think hit stun from heavy attacks is more than it was.

Robbeeeen
02-16-2017, 06:36 PM

Thats called frame advantage. Some attacks, usually very strong ones, leave you staggered for a while after they hit you, giving your opponent a few frames where he can execute actions and you cant. The same is true for some attacks when they are blocked - Wardens zone attacks leaves him open for a free GB when blocked for example.

Mid_Evil
02-16-2017, 06:37 PM
I thought it was just me. The changing of guard/attack directions is what's really getting me. Taking too long or not taking effect before my next attack. Block isn't as bad. But it definitely feels way more "clunky" and less crisp and precise as I saw in closed and open betas. As for the move your nobushi is going into it is probably just hidden stance. On a xbox one controller it is down on the right thumbstick. I believe. Haven't played much since the betas yet. Not too impressed with the games finished product.

Delectable_Sin
02-16-2017, 06:45 PM
Thats called frame advantage. Some attacks, usually very strong ones, leave you staggered for a while after they hit you, giving your opponent a few frames where he can execute actions and you cant. The same is true for some attacks when they are blocked - Wardens zone attacks leaves him open for a free GB when blocked for example.

That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. What you're describing is a healthy part of the game. What I'm describing didn't exist in the closed or open beta, and is nothing more than a lack of responsiveness from the game. Before, you had to time things properly for them to work. Now, you have a window where someone is completely unable to move or react, and you can just unload on them.

MagicElmo
02-16-2017, 06:55 PM
I'm pretty much still having the same fun with the game as in Beta.
My only gripe would be blocking doesn't work as well now and even though I am blocking in the right direction it doesn't seem to register all the time.

KillCheapWarden
02-16-2017, 07:19 PM
In my case, like if i use Kensei up heavy & press E to fake it, then the second up heavy attack will stop automatically even i didn't press E this time, i lost some game with this nonsense, it was fine on ob. Later when i try it myself, it work again with a little bit of delay, don't tell me this related to the p2p problems...

So sad there doesn't have a server for this game, yea this can save more money, but getting worse on managing the games for your company, and destroying the fame of ubi.

FightingFerrets
02-16-2017, 07:27 PM
But even in the tutorial it's nearly not possible to counter-guardbreak. It feels broken anyway.

IT took me quite a few tries in the tutorial to get past the guard break...went 3/3 on both beta's...I don't know if I feel better or worse that so many other people feel like the game has changed from the beta versions. I thought it was just me...

Braegulfer
02-16-2017, 07:57 PM
I don't like when things change, like most people, so I was a little put off when things did between ob and release, but for the most part I really like most of the decisions the devs made were either necessary or well thought-out. Sure there are still a few ducks that need to be lined up, but in general, I'm digging it even more than both betas.

Duckbit
02-16-2017, 08:32 PM
wow that helps.

lintujr
02-17-2017, 01:05 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

/Gaid

Uhm how about some opinions on the matter? Being non-responsive and ignorant is gonna create a really pissed of community real fast.

ThePollie
02-17-2017, 01:08 AM
Game's matchmaking is like tossing a five year old into a pit of rapists and calling it skill-based gameplay.

Every match is a 4-man premade of prestiege-2s against people that have never even played a fighting game before.

I bet proper matchmaking will come up in a DLC for $50, down the road.

sayain720
02-17-2017, 02:17 AM
I have played this since the first alpha and it was almost flawless. Now since release its slow and unresponsive. Ubisoft you have a goldmine of a game here,don't screw it up.

ThePollie
02-17-2017, 06:21 PM
Yeah. This release is so awkward. I got into a match with 60 FPS, and it tanks to 30 if I die and never goes back up until I completely leave the game and come back.

12 FPS in the menu? What the hell is that?

Hackfraysn
02-17-2017, 08:13 PM
Game's matchmaking is like tossing a five year old into a pit of rapists and calling it skill-based gameplay.

Every match is a 4-man premade of prestiege-2s against people that have never even played a fighting game before.

I bet proper matchmaking will come up in a DLC for $50, down the road.

I have the same experience. Had a blast in both betas, now I seriously regret buying this game, something which I couldn't have imagined in my wildest dreams. It's no fun at all.

Jetoslash
02-17-2017, 08:23 PM
True that most of map have a lots of way to die by falling, etc, and people are often fighting to make the GB work...

ThePollie
02-17-2017, 09:26 PM
Yeah. This **** is getting old, fast. 60 FPS in game, 8 in the loading screens, so I get kicked for "low FPS" because Ubisoft has the optimazation of a raped child.